What's new

In today's news...

MrMe

Lurker
Reputation score
That'll be the same water board that gave everyone lead poisoning, I'm guessing?

XSI

Lurker
Reputation score
Same state
Same governing politicians
So I'm going to say they probably are, yeah

XSI

Lurker
Reputation score
And in amusing(???) news

Tanzanian president sends samples of sheep blood, goat blood, and papaya juice to the lab to test them for corona
The sheep was found not positive, but the goat and juice are apparently infected

What we can take away from this is that either the entire disease is bullshit, or the tests are. And considering that faulty tests have been a thing before(Spain had a shipment of non-functioning tests before), that tells me that the tests are clearly just not working

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Or, another option, the tests have been faultily administred since the drawing of the samples should be done by someone that knows how/what they are doing, not 'send in', imperfect tests aside. Also there's different test options and of course the cheapest is the least reliable but not going into detail on that.

XSI

Lurker
Reputation score
One other possibility is bad lab work cross contaminating the samples/tests with others who did have the virus

Takumaru

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Well, even , as well as (and in the comments-section there was another commenter, with the name-handle of Cathy Geibel, who posted: « I have been an RN for 40 years. She is telling the truth. This is exactly how things happen. »), but of course there are always going to be plenty of comments. One of them that looked like an interesting idea was : « Sounds like doctors and nurses need to wear body cams to create some accountability. »

...then there was apparently a «pulled-from-YouTube» video on the .

Whether there is any validity to any of these claims or not, well, I expect to hear things like «they've already been debunked» or «those are just isolated cases» or even that «tin foil hat conspiracy theorist» label used as automatic-responses when any of those things that I've hyper-linked above are presented to the majority. Regardless of who's being truthful (or untruthful), the world does live in an age where videos and personalities can be manipulated, even to the point where you can make it look like your own house got burnt down in a huge fire, and make huge amounts of $$$ asking for donations via some GoFundMe account, even though you have a perfectly intact-house, and I link an example of media-manipulation as follows...
Personally, I want to take over all of the main-stream media some day if possible, and promote a «hentai-friendly» world through all of those «news» channels... ☺
And in amusing(???) news

Tanzanian president sends samples of sheep blood, goat blood, and papaya juice to the lab to test them for corona
The sheep was found not positive, but the goat and juice are apparently infected

What we can take away from this is that either the entire disease is bullshit, or the tests are. And considering that faulty tests have been a thing before(Spain had a shipment of non-functioning tests before), that tells me that the tests are clearly just not working

XSI

Lurker
Reputation score
Consider also that the health experts have said that going out in mass protests and riots is fine and not going to affect infection rates, but political rallies are and you should stay away from them. I'm fairly sure at this point that either the disease itself is bullshit or the experts are just grossly incompetent. Both equally likely as far as I'm concerned

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score
You first video is just a guy questioning how to treat the disease, not it's severity or existence.

Consider also that the health experts have said that going out in mass protests and riots is fine and not going to affect infection rates, but political rallies are and you should stay away from them. I'm fairly sure at this point that either the disease itself is bullshit or the experts are just grossly incompetent. Both equally likely as far as I'm concerned
There's a third option, which is that there is indeed danger but the experts are lying. Don't forget this bullshit -https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unep-2-0juc . Lives have no value to these people, only money and if people are quarantined then there's no money being made.

Last edited:

Takumaru

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
According to , from which the information & people publishing has been deemed credible, the statistics that they report indicate that the whole entire «Pandemic» is apparently being blown way out of proportion. The Corona-Virus itself isn't fake or anything, but its «danger-levels» have apparently been way over-played, and there are even other «scientific» sources from other parts of the world which reveal similar statistical-numbers that put the «main-stream narrative» into question.

Although it seems to have been wiped from on-line searches, I did come across an apparent «Patent» (with actual patent-number and description) for the Corona-Virus, and I suppose maybe all that's left of it now might be «Mandela-Effect» residue of the Patent-Number ? Woah, actually, wait a minute, I actually have the document which doesn't seem to show up on any searches now, but, rather than quoting or posting the whole thing (it's rather long), I will just post a link to a screen-shot of the first page that I took from my PDF-reader.

I wonder what forum-members might make of it ?

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Just used the code in the top right for a google search.

And from

" Filed by The Pirbright Institute and granted by the . This patent actually protects an attenuated coronavirus comprising a variant of the replicase gene, obtained from the avian infectious bronchitis virus, belonging to the Gammacoronavirus genus, other than Wuhan’s coronavirus; "

XSI

Lurker
Reputation score
So birdcorona, and not batcorona like the pandemic is about?
Seems reasonable. That said most countries are rolling back their lockdown stuff. Turned out we didn't really need that extreme reaction

noman

Lurker
Reputation score
As someone who lived in HK during SARS, better safe than sorry. It's obvious now that this virus is not as deadly SARS as was (~11% fatality rate), but did you really want to take your chances against it? Especially when the initial fatality rate came from you-know-who?

I do think that Europe and USA reacted too strongly to the epidemic. Some governments ordered businesses like restaurants to close down entirely, but in HK the restaurants were allowed to open at 50% seating capacity. Business still suffered, but nowhere as bad as regions that implemented strict shutdown rules. I suppose it helps that most Asians were responsible enough to wear a face mask and automatically implemented social distancing even before their government asked them to do so.

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score
I expect to hear things like «they've already been debunked» or «those are just isolated cases» or even that «tin foil hat conspiracy theorist» label used as automatic-responses when any of those things that I've hyper-linked above are presented to the majority.
Yeah it's nonsense and poisoning the well wont make it not so, for among others the reason Slicer presented.

Better to over, than to underrreact.

I do think that Europe and USA reacted too strongly to the epidemic.
Nah, europe reacted about right. USA has definitly not gone far enough, the numbers aren't pretty. At this point about a third of new infections are all in America because they pulle down on the lockdown too quickly.

The best anti-corona conspiracy argument I've seen goes along the lines of 'well we don't do this to stop the flu either. and I say.. well maybe we should be more cautious about the flu too.

XSI

Lurker
Reputation score
The reaction was much too strong in Europe. Even when assuming that normal supplies such as masks were no longer available. As China(And their citizens in other countries) and in one case the US bought pretty much all internationally available masks that left other countries with very few options. Either they'd do something extreme, or they do almost nothing. Most decided to go for extreme and it turned out to be the wrong thing in hindsight, as countries that shut down everything have comparable or higher infection rates than some that didn't with comparable circumstances
But many also did not let up on the measures when the disease was shown to be much less serious

It's a messy situation, but in the end what actually matters is that this wasn't the pandemic that experts and governments claimed it would be and that is not going to help with people trusting them in the future. One can only cry wolf so often before people stop listening. Then when an actually bad pandemic starts happening it's worse than ever since this entire situation has made the experts who should be warning people out to be incompetent or in some cases playing it for political points, and the governments who should be implementing measures are now known to overreact and use it to get more power after they neglected a response until the last possible moment
The fact that practically everyone in some form of authority position only doubled down on worst case scenario claims while attacking any sort of criticism just makes things worse, and encourages people to actively resist future measures

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score
After half the year we are at over half a million people dead WITH all the measures we've taken to contain things. On what basis beyond lunacy would you not call this a pandemic?

By the end of the year I have little doubt that it'll have beaten the usual flu-records with ease, and again, imagine no containment measures would have been taken. It may have been extreme in some cases, but it was clearly not unjustified.

Sources:

Hentaispider

Lord of the Tap Dance \oO.Oo/ (And Reputation Mana
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score
The reaction was much too strong in Europe. Even when assuming that normal supplies such as masks were no longer available. As China(And their citizens in other countries) and in one case the US bought pretty much all internationally available masks that left other countries with very few options. Either they'd do something extreme, or they do almost nothing. Most decided to go for extreme and it turned out to be the wrong thing in hindsight, as countries that shut down everything have comparable or higher infection rates than some that didn't with comparable circumstances
But many also did not let up on the measures when the disease was shown to be much less serious

It's a messy situation, but in the end what actually matters is that this wasn't the pandemic that experts and governments claimed it would be and that is not going to help with people trusting them in the future. One can only cry wolf so often before people stop listening. Then when an actually bad pandemic starts happening it's worse than ever since this entire situation has made the experts who should be warning people out to be incompetent or in some cases playing it for political points, and the governments who should be implementing measures are now known to overreact and use it to get more power after they neglected a response until the last possible moment
The fact that practically everyone in some form of authority position only doubled down on worst case scenario claims while attacking any sort of criticism just makes things worse, and encourages people to actively resist future measures
The countries that shut down and still had lots of cases were hit early and didn't shut down fast enough. Here in Finland we had fairly moderate restrictions(no compulsory stay-at-home orders or wearing masks, but restaurants and other non-vital businesses where people gather were shut down) and they've been successful so far, but we also have different culture and lower population density compared to southern Europe - and we didn't have all that many cases in the first place. Meanwhile, Sweden had almost no restrictions and they've been hit much harder. I think it's VERY hard to argue that Europe in general had too strong reaction.

Takumaru

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Better to over, than to underrreact.
How is it better ? My martial arts instructor has said before : «If you over-react, you'll not only miss your target, but you'll get hit; but if you under-react, you'll just get hit.»
Just to be clear, even deaths that were caused by non-Covid reasons are still counted as Covid-deaths, even if Covid was not the actual cause of the death.
Birx had even said so herself that one does not actually have to die of Covid for the death to be counted as a Covid-death;
...which is really just something that I cannot interpret as being anything other than irresponsible statistical-tracking (essentially diluting the integrity of accurate science).

I also cannot find anybody amongst either my immediate or even distant social-circles who know of anybody who has actually died of Covid and the very few who claim that they know of someone who did, they only «know of» someone, like they heard it from someone who heard it from another someone, rather than there being an actual direct relationship. In fact, next time I go to some place public, I am going to take a questionnaire with me and ask everybody there whether they personally know anybody who's died of the Corona-Bug, and I expect that nearly 100% of them are going to respond that they do not know of anybody personally who's died of «IT» which is going to force me to question whether the «pandemic» is really as prevalent as the «news» seems to claim...

Speaking of «over-reacting» though... I would say that those «BLM rioters» going about looting, ransacking, even burning down buildings/cars/businesses is quite an over-reaction on their part, and it has even been referenced by super_slicer that lives don't matter to those people...
There's a third option, which is that there is indeed danger but the experts are lying. Don't forget this bullshit -https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unep-2-0juc . Lives have no value to these people, only money and if people are quarantined then there's no money being made.
I also have to ask :
Why does everyone seem to believe/trust the «news» when CNN reporters have been caught on numerous occasions lying to their audience, such as one particularly embarrassing incident where they had two reporters claiming to be reporting from two different countries, but their own audience recognised that both reporters were literally in the same parking lot ? (Not an isolated incident as there are numerous other examples of what can only really be described as «fraud» having broad-cast by them on numerous occasions)
Do you trust everything that politicians tell you ? And if so, then why ?
Would you consider ?

XSI

Lurker
Reputation score
Yet Sweden had less cases and trouble than Belgium, which immediately shut down everything
This could be argued to be a result of climate or less international travel or culture or whatever, but in the end what it tells everyone is that these measures don't really matter as much

Mostly, my reasoning of the reaction being 'too strong' is that it went from no reaction to 'shut down everything' immediately, with nothing in between even though governments and the experts should have seen it coming. Many people did see it coming as they paid attention to the news and what was happening in China, yet somehow governments didn't do anything until it was, for some countries, already too late.
They failed and tried to use an extreme reaction to compensate, not necessarily for public safety and more to get the word out that they are doing something about it. More concerned with their image and reputation than with the country they're supposed to be helping, they also implement things that don't help such as the 1.5m 'social distancing'.
This situation shows that the governments are incompetent and taking the wrong measures against it, then attacking, belittling, and using laws to force everyone to go along with it. As another example, many types of masks offer nearly no protection against this virus, yet there is no distinction between what mask one has to wear to use public transport here(You must wear a mask to be allowed on that). The measures are not for preventing anything, they are there to give the government something to point to and go "See, you just have to do what we're saying and everything will go well!"

A competent response would have been to prepare the country/population with medical supplies and up to date information about this virus as it was developing and showing up outside of China. As it stands I can safely say that the Dutch government and their 'experts' have ignored the issue entirely while saying "It will never infect anyone here, ignore it and if you stockpile stuff you're wasting your money. If you advocate for measures to be taken you're just using the situation for political gain" until we had infected people here. And then they shut down everything, once more- Not to help people, but to save face and get more power over society

The response was too strong because they could have been reasonable and competent to let this entire thing go over with preparations for minimal trouble, but they were not. They failed and then at the last moment they just did everything they could think of in the hopes that it would do something. And this pattern repeats in most European countries with their own failures

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score
My martial arts instructor has said before
Irrelevant and bordering a false equivocation.

Just to be clear, even deaths that were caused by non-Covid reasons are still counted as Covid-deaths, even if Covid was not the actual cause of the death.
Evidence for your claims here please.

I also cannot find anybody amongst either my immediate or even distant social-circles
Fallacy: Hearsay

Speaking of «over-reacting» though... I would say that those «BLM rioters» going about looting, ransacking, even burning down buildings/cars/businesses is quite an over-reaction on their part, and it has even been referenced by super_slicer that lives don't matter to those people...
Irrelevant to the matter at hand.

Why does everyone seem to believe/trust the «news» when CNN reporters have been caught on numerous occasions lying to their audience, such as one particularly embarrassing incident where they had two reporters claiming to be reporting from two different countries, but their own audience recognised that both reporters were literally in the same parking lot ? (Not an isolated incident as there are numerous other examples of what can only really be described as «fraud» having broad-cast by them on numerous occasions)
Do you trust everything that politicians tell you ? And if so, then why ?
Fallacy: Appeal to Extremes. You've been doing that one a lot but this one is quite egregious.
Also, while I do not think these reporters to be entirely trustworthy, I believe you to be even less accountable, so where exactly would this line of reasoning get you in the end?
------------------------

Mostly, my reasoning of the reaction being 'too strong' is that it went from no reaction to 'shut down everything' immediately, with nothing in between even though governments and the experts should have seen it coming. Many people did see it coming as they paid attention to the news and what was happening in China, yet somehow governments didn't do anything until it was, for some countries, already too late.
This I find much more agreeable.
I do believe that to a point irrationality has guided peoples actions, but I would not blame anyone for it as we are half judging things in hindsight now.