No announcement yet.

In today's news...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doug Jones... won? Huh... how about that.
    4-chan. Don't.

Comment

Who?
      My avatar is from Viper RSR

Comment

^Doug Jones, Democrat, won over Roy Moore, the Republican Trump advocated and whom has a sexual scandal swirling about. Linky:
        https://www.nytimes.com/2017/12/13/u...ck-voters.html

Also, the Southern California fire is slowly getting under control. The extensive drought conditions and firestorms are expectated for years to come however. Don't think anyone on here is down there, but hope you get out safe if you are.
        http://www.cnn.com/2017/12/12/us/cal...res/index.html
        Last edited by Byzantine2014; 14th December 2017, 04:55.
        Makes Dark Souls look like a casual 'E for Everyone' Care Bear Island Adventure game. -HarmlessBreeze about Long live the Queen
        Life is more fun when you are insane. Just let go occasionally. -yakcamkir
        Spoiler

Comment

One would think that the cold temperatures made extreme fires unlikely.
          Play my naughty games here:

Comment

Originally posted by Pervy View Post
            One would think that the cold temperatures made extreme fires unlikely.
            And one would be right: Oxygen, Fuel, Heat. But in this case, I don't think that heat would be an issue.
            My game thread on ULMF
            Using "applocale" on Windows 8 & 10.
            Shameless link to my dev blog - Making H-RPG.
            鳴く猫はねずみを捕らぬ

Comment

Yeah at a certain point fires provide their own heat.

Wasn't there a big fire in Canada last year?
              I remember seeing a video from someone evacing from that area.

The bushes on the left side are smoldering, then all of a sudden the flaming trees on the right suddenly burst into an inferno that sets those bushes on the opposite side of the road into a blaze as well.
              My avatar is from Viper RSR

Comment

Originally posted by MrMe View Post

The bushes on the left side are smoldering, then all of a sudden the flaming trees on the right suddenly burst into an inferno that sets those bushes on the opposite side of the road into a blaze as well.
                Pretty much forest fires every year during the summer in various parts of the west+central provinces, costing millions upon millions :/ .We're just significantly less densely populated, so not as bad as California.

And yeah, Cali is pretty much same temp all year, don't even know if the south half gets snow ever.
                Makes Dark Souls look like a casual 'E for Everyone' Care Bear Island Adventure game. -HarmlessBreeze about Long live the Queen
                Life is more fun when you are insane. Just let go occasionally. -yakcamkir
                Spoiler

Comment

Originally posted by MrMe View Post

That was the Fort McMurray fire in Alberta. In a city (using the term loosely here) with a population of roughly 120-150k, 2,400 structures were destroyed and something like 94k citizens were evacuated. Almost everyone in my family residing there lost their home and had to wait for the insurance before they could relocate. Biggest issue with the city was the infrastructure hadn't changed much since the 70's and only within the past 10 years did the municipal and provincial governments cooperate on a budget that would improve things. Unfortunately, nobody included a fire-break around the city, primarily where trees were plentiful (The majority of the city was uphill surrounding a valley with the city centre in the middle surrounded by a river on one side and plentiful forest on the other).

Basically, if you think the US government in the past 10-15 years has been hugely incompetent or just lazy, Canada has you beat. Basically, the only thing we have the US beat in.
                  "Controllers, abusers, and manipulative persons don't question themselves. They don't ask themselves if the problem is them. They always say the problem is someone else." -Darlene Ouimet

"Most people don't have the willingness to break bad habits. They have a lot of excuses and they talk like a victim."-Carlos Santana

Comment

No no, the U.S. government is corrupt and self-serving, anyone that thinks our government is lazy or inept... sorry to say but they got ya! They know EXACTLY what they're doing.

Comment

Originally posted by super_slicer View Post
                      No no, the U.S. government is corrupt and self-serving, anyone that thinks our government is lazy or inept... sorry to say but they got ya! They know EXACTLY what they're doing.
                      Every time.
                      "Controllers, abusers, and manipulative persons don't question themselves. They don't ask themselves if the problem is them. They always say the problem is someone else." -Darlene Ouimet

"Most people don't have the willingness to break bad habits. They have a lot of excuses and they talk like a victim."-Carlos Santana

Comment

Originally posted by super_slicer View Post
                        We got something for that luckily.
                        Play my naughty games here:

Comment

Originally posted by Pervy View Post
                          Well... conspiracy theories aside, we are pretty much surrounded by electromagnetic fields, so enough aluminium foil on your head would work like a faraday's cage. Is it needed? No fucking clue, how those fields affect human brain is something I don't know or care.
                          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKtlK7sn0JQ
                          My game thread on ULMF
                          Using "applocale" on Windows 8 & 10.
                          Shameless link to my dev blog - Making H-RPG.
                          鳴く猫はねずみを捕らぬ

Comment

Huh? Conspiracy? Do you know the definition of that word? For example "The government is hiding proof of first contact with extraterrestrial life" THAT is a conspiracy. Accusing the government of corruption is not a conspiracy theory.

Comment

Many conspiracy theories have been proven to be correct. One that has been consistently proven correct is politicians doing things for their own reasons rather than for the good of the country and its people

This happened so often that people started expecting it even, which is pretty sad
                              With occasional game reviews at https://tocopinion.blogspot.nl/

Comment

Originally posted by XSI View Post
                                Many conspiracy theories have been proven to be correct. One that has been consistently proven correct is politicians doing things for their own reasons rather than for the good of the country and its people

This happened so often that people started expecting it even, which is pretty sad
                                Nani?! You're saying people with power are more susceptible to greed and serving themselves than they are to helping their fellow man? Next, you'll be telling me that Santa Claus isn't real and that mass immigration is actually detrimental to a nation's economy. Blasphemy, I say!

But, in all seriousness, skepticism isn't a bad thing. If you expect the worst, but hope for the best, you're not gullible or stupid like some would have you believe. Blatantly doubting on someone or something because your friends or the news tells you they're a bad person is the height of ignorance and ought to be reprimanded verbally. If someone told you guns are bad and here are statistics of gun crimes, it would be of the utmost reasoning to rebut that while guns are involved in any number of crimes, there is no "cause and effect" correlation in play. Guns don't whisper into someone's ear, telling them shoot whoever or rob that store.

I mean, we could go on for days about the semantics of personal responsibility and the like, but there is a point I want to acknowledge, first. Are governments susceptible to corruption? Yes. Have the last 20-30 years evidenced that in spades? Yes. Even now, we're still digging up the various under-handed deals and other questionable/illegal shit Obama did. Everyone was so overwhelmed by the sheer celebrity status of the first black president that we disregarded a lot of shit and a grand majority of people still hesitate to hold him and his administration accountable. People are shitty on their best days, yes; but, if we don't try to hold them accountable and maintain a standard of decency and transparency, then they'll keep doing what they want.

Basically, set the standard for the behavior we want to see, and then hold each other to it. For as much as some of the people on this site casually talk shit about the government, they sure spend a lot of time repeating that behavior, too.

Comment

Working...
                                X