Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

In today's news...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    https://www.theregister.co.uk/2018/0...u_design_flaw/
    TL;DR Intel's CPUs have a serious security flaw, and fixing it(which has to be done at the OS level) will cause performance issues.
    "RPG's aren't about problems, they're about having fun and watching your grimdark world devolve into Monty Python quotes."

    Just a little teaser: http://pastebin.com/vGndFrvY

    For truly it is written, RTFM.

    Comment


      Originally posted by Hentaispider View Post
      https://www.theregister.co.uk/2018/0...u_design_flaw/
      TL;DR Intel's CPUs have a serious security flaw, and fixing it(which has to be done at the OS level) will cause performance issues.
      Oh snap, this is going to be bad for Intel (not much, but still)...
      AMD however, should use this for it's sales.
      Using "applocale" on Windows 8 & 10.
      Shameless link to my dev blog - Making H-RPG.
      鳴く猫はねずみを捕らぬ

      Comment


        We already knew intel was terrible, and actively builds in security flaws for their friends at the NSA, they literally said so in press releases

        But it's not like we have much of a choice. It's them or AMD, and AMD isn't really up there in performance just yet last I checked
        With occasional game reviews at https://tocopinion.blogspot.nl/

        Comment


          Originally posted by XSI View Post
          We already knew intel was terrible, and actively builds in security flaws for their friends at the NSA, they literally said so in press releases

          But it's not like we have much of a choice. It's them or AMD, and AMD isn't really up there in performance just yet last I checked
          It's hard to be "up there" if you lack tech that your competitor has patent on and won't share. Unless working and effective alternative is available: lol - nope.
          Using "applocale" on Windows 8 & 10.
          Shameless link to my dev blog - Making H-RPG.
          鳴く猫はねずみを捕らぬ

          Comment


            Originally posted by Pervy View Post

            Damn Slicer, why you keep doing this to yourself.:

            Cathars crusade has a triggered ability to which you can respond at instant speed thanks to winding canyons. Obviously you stack it in response to all the crusade triggers, as the creatures all enter the game at the same time and Massacre wurms ability resolves first it triggers and the opponent loses 4x lands they control life on an avenger of zendikar/doubling season in play, at the very least 24 in most green decks, considering we get a beastmasters and an AoZ drop in one turn we're looking at a life-loss of 36, lethal to anything non heavy on white(or rarely black) even in lategame edh.
            After all the creatures died you can go wild with the crusade triggers from the stack.

            That said, if I see a doubling season, that has to go ASAP, just in case there's a walker drop coming. Creatures you can handle in various ways by comparison.
            I have no clue what you're on about, it's EDH so you've only got 1 of each card, and neither of the ones you mentioned have a land destruction ability.

            http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Ca...assacre%20wurm

            http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Ca...inding+canyons

            Named the wrong cards?

            In any event, exactly what are you hoping to kill with that -2/-2 in a G/W deck late game?
            Last edited by super_slicer; 2 weeks ago.

            Comment


              Originally posted by XSI View Post
              We already knew intel was terrible, and actively builds in security flaws for their friends at the NSA, they literally said so in press releases

              But it's not like we have much of a choice. It's them or AMD, and AMD isn't really up there in performance just yet last I checked
              Actually they pretty much are since the release of their Zen-architecture. Ryzen is on par with Coffee Lake in IPC, the only thing holding it back is the manufacturing process which limits the frequencies.
              "RPG's aren't about problems, they're about having fun and watching your grimdark world devolve into Monty Python quotes."

              Just a little teaser: http://pastebin.com/vGndFrvY

              For truly it is written, RTFM.

              Comment


                Originally posted by super_slicer View Post

                I have no clue what you're on about, it's EDH so you've only got 1 of each card, and neither of the ones you mentioned have a land destruction ability.

                http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Ca...assacre%20wurm

                http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Ca...inding+canyons

                Named the wrong cards?

                In any event, exactly what are you hoping to kill with that -2/-2 in a G/W deck late game?
                I didn't name the wrong cards and I'm not using any LD, what are you going on about? We're countering an Avenger of Zendikars token etb effect with a massacre wurm whoops you're dead now effect.
                Play my naughty games here:

                Comment


                  Originally posted by Pervy View Post

                  I didn't name the wrong cards and I'm not using any LD, what are you going on about? We're countering an Avenger of Zendikars token etb effect with a massacre wurm whoops you're dead now effect.
                  Originally posted by Pervy View Post

                  Damn Slicer, why you keep doing this to yourself.:

                  Cathars crusade has a triggered ability to which you can respond at instant speed thanks to winding canyons. Obviously you stack it in response to all the crusade triggers, as the creatures all enter the game at the same time and Massacre wurms ability resolves first it triggers and the opponent loses 4x lands they control life on an avenger of zendikar/doubling season in play, at the very least 24 in most green decks, considering we get a beastmasters and an AoZ drop in one turn we're looking at a life-loss of 36, lethal to anything non heavy on white(or rarely black) even in lategame edh.
                  After all the creatures died you can go wild with the crusade triggers from the stack.

                  That said, if I see a doubling season, that has to go ASAP, just in case there's a walker drop coming. Creatures you can handle in various ways by comparison.
                  Because you skipped a step and assumed you'd be killing things I was super confused and went 'huuuuuur lands? What lands?'. Unfortunately it's not going to work, if you respond to the crusade triggers his craterhoof will buff everything anyway (since he'll be playing it in response to your response, and it's a blanket ability so it bypasses the stack once craterhoof ETB) and if you've waited till after he's played the craterhoof all the crusade triggers will have resolved (don't even try to argue that he didn't wait for the crusade triggers to resolve and just threw the craterhoof onto the stack with them).

                  I'm not saying there aren't other responses to the situation, but a wipe is your best bet unless you've got your win condition set up for next turn (we'll assume he didn't forget about summoning sickness and it was his intention all along to use craterhoof to protect the tokens from any stack fuckery and not just to give his tokens trample they can't use).

                  Comment


                    Unfortunately it's not going to work, if you respond to the crusade triggers his craterhoof will buff everything anyway (since he'll be playing it in response to your response, and it's a blanket ability so it bypasses the stack once craterhoof ETB) and if you've waited till after he's played the craterhoof all the crusade triggers will have resolved (don't even try to argue that he didn't wait for the crusade triggers to resolve and just threw the craterhoof onto the stack with them).
                    Advice here, genuine. Stop trying to argue with me slicer, you just make yourself look dumber each time.

                    Creature spells are cast at sorcery speed. That means:
                    Craterhoof can't be cast in response to massacre wurm being flashed in as it has no flash, creatures can only be cast on priority in main phase, check, but on an empty stack, not check.
                    In this scenario, Massacre wurm IS the win-con.
                    Play my naughty games here:

                    Comment


                      This is why I don't play green, it's shit and awful.

                      But since we've given him the perfect setup already and enough mana to throw out the crusade and doubling in the same turn, we've already jumped the shark sooooo

                      http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Ca...verseid=425949

                      There's really no other use for the card outside of this exact situation.Given that he's running a G/W token overrun, and it's the only cheap instant populate there's no reason for him not to have it in the deck.

                      Also, you sound like a spike. Are you a spike?

                      And no, no one reads this and thinks "Man Pervy's so smart and Slicer's so dumb!" They think: "Fuck, this shit again? Why won't these two just shut up and die already?"
                      Last edited by super_slicer; 2 weeks ago.

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by Pervy View Post

                        Advice here, genuine. Stop trying to argue with me slicer, you just make yourself look dumber each time.

                        Creature spells are cast at sorcery speed. That means:
                        Craterhoof can't be cast in response to massacre wurm being flashed in as it has no flash, creatures can only be cast on priority in main phase, check, but on an empty stack, not check.
                        In this scenario, Massacre wurm IS the win-con.
                        Vedalken Orrery, you literal shit player.

                        Originally posted by super_slicer View Post
                        This is why I don't play green, it's shit and awful.

                        But since we've given him the perfect setup already and enough mana to throw out the crusade and doubling in the same turn, we've already jumped the shark sooooo

                        http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Ca...verseid=425949

                        There's really no other use for the card outside of this exact situation.Given that he's running a G/W token overrun, and it's the only cheap instant populate there's no reason for him not to have it in the deck.
                        Or I run White Sun's Zenith and cast it at instant speed when the blue player is already preoccupied. Goddamn, that card you're showing is hot garbage. Never talk to me or my Seleson again.

                        Originally posted by super_slicer View Post
                        And no, no one reads this and thinks "Man Pervy's so smart and Slicer's so dumb!" They think: "Fuck, this shit again? Why won't these two just shut up and die already?"
                        I think you're both trying to one-up the other like a couple of spergs while arguing semantics and overlooking shit people actually play while referring to garbage tech nobody with even the faintest grasp on the game would touch. Basically,

                        Spoiler
                        "Controllers, abusers, and manipulative persons don't question themselves. They don't ask themselves if the problem is them. They always say the problem is someone else." -Darlene Ouimet

                        "Most people don't have the willingness to break bad habits. They have a lot of excuses and they talk like a victim."-Carlos Santana

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by Ninja_Named_Bob View Post
                          Spoiler
                          Hypocrisy much? xD

                          Using "applocale" on Windows 8 & 10.
                          Shameless link to my dev blog - Making H-RPG.
                          鳴く猫はねずみを捕らぬ

                          Comment


                            Vedalken Orrery, you literal shit player.
                            Cop: I'll drop an Avenger of Zendikar with Doubling Season and Cathar's |Crusade on the board, then Green Sun's Zenith to go into Craterhoof. I'll play Beastmaster's Ascension and go to combat. 400 Saporlings, Crater hoof, and Avenger all with Tramp swinging your way.
                            1. You don't get to add in more random cards already on the battlefield to change the game situation
                            2. Orerry is a subpar card in this deck composition. Even if you badly want flash the thing you play in a creature and enchant heavy deck is winding canyons, to have the ability on a land and run artifact hate cards easily.
                            3. Damn at least slicer ain't a hypocrite you know.
                            Play my naughty games here:

                            Comment


                              Lol, duel me faggets.


                              Using "applocale" on Windows 8 & 10.
                              Shameless link to my dev blog - Making H-RPG.
                              鳴く猫はねずみを捕らぬ

                              Comment


                                You can't handle my wargreymon.
                                Play my naughty games here:

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X