Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Strive for Power - (mostly) text slave management game

Originally posted by AGamerPassingBy View Post
    Well, there is an Invigorate Spell that could regenerate energy in-game already. It has costly requirements tho so you can't spam it recklessly.
    You can't use that on the main character.. and the slaves already have enough energy.

Comment

Originally posted by IdontRuin View Post
      You can't use that on the main character.. and the slaves already have enough energy.
      If you use it on any slave it restores energy for the main character too.

Comment

Originally posted by willaberhaben View Post
        If you use it on any slave it restores energy for the main character too.
        Just checked, okay totally missed the "caster's" part in it's description..
        ..probably why I was thinking it's fine as it is..
        The spell has 0 toxicity and is pretty much "free"(5 mana is nonexistent..),
        the stress effect on it is pretty much nil as well(even more so if you use it on some random bandits you caught).

Can't see the "costly requirements"..

..oh well, at least it's a way to forget about energy.

Comment

Originally posted by DudePerson View Post
          Right...

So for the record, the reliable place I've found to get the patch notes without downloading the thing is here:
          https://itch.io/t/89844/changelog

Seems the creator always updates that thread on itch.io first.
          Thanks for updating the thread here
          FoBS guide: Link

Comment

..probably why I was thinking it's fine as it is..
            The spell has 0 toxicity and is pretty much "free"(5 mana is nonexistent..),
            the stress effect on it is pretty much nil as well(even more so if you use it on some random bandits you caught).

Can't see the "costly requirements"..
            Strange, for the life of me i'm sure it was supposed to use 20 mana instead. Welp.

I was using it to restore the energy of my slaves actually, so i can make them do much more battling and still do chores excellently at the end of the day, but the stress penalty is too punishing for me who do the "Kind" playthrough. Maybe that's why in my memory that spell is "costly".

Well then, i guess this takes care of your "Not Enough Energy" complaint surely?
            Last edited by AGamerPassingBy; 4th October 2017, 16:21.

Comment

Strange, for the life of me i'm sure it was supposed to use 20 mana instead...

Well, i was using it to restore the energy of my slaves actually, so i can make them do much more battling and still do chores excellently at the end of the day, but the stress penalty is too punishing for me who do the "Kind" playthrough.
              Sedation is not much of a burden. (10 mana and it can fix most stress issues)
              The stress penalty of invigorate gives the girls ~10 stress, Sedation drops stress by 50+, and also happens to have NO toxicity at all, which means as long as you have mana you can pretty much ignore invigorate's negative effect by it.

Comment

I just tried playing the latest build, but I couldn't figure out how to get out of the mansion. I didn't see any buttons for leaving to town or accessing portals. Did I miss something with this new interface?

Comment

Originally posted by glacier View Post
                  I just tried playing the latest build, but I couldn't figure out how to get out of the mansion. I didn't see any buttons for leaving to town or accessing portals. Did I miss something with this new interface?
                  Mouse over the left side of the window and there should be a menu for mansion features and leaving to town.

Comment

Thanks, I must have forgotten about that!

Comment

Sedation is not much of a burden. (10 mana and it can fix most stress issues)
                      The stress penalty of invigorate gives the girls ~10 stress, Sedation drops stress by 50+, and also happens to have NO toxicity at all, which means as long as you have mana you can pretty much ignore invigorate's negative effect by it.
                      Are you sure that spell doesn't have any toxicity? What version are you playing? Cuz i remember that i wasn't really keen on using Sedation cuz it keeps intoxicating my slaves.

Or maybe that because i used too much any other spells and magic items and lab-mods on them previously so the toxicity builds up too much. Don't know.

Comment

Are you sure that spell doesn't have any toxicity? What version are you playing? Cuz i remember that i wasn't really keen on using Sedation cuz it keeps intoxicating my slaves.

Or maybe that because i used too much any other spells and magic items and lab-mods on them previously so the toxicity builds up too much. Don't know.
                        At the time of that comment I was using version 0.5.0.2 (so the latest build at this time even), for testing purposes I used 500 mana(basically 50 casts of sedation in a single day) on sedation spamming a single slave (and another 3 mana for checking the toxicity at the end), results where 0 toxicity, the slave used for the experiment was a human(so no racial ability that affects it), my magic stat at the time was 6(no idea if that affects it or not).

Comment

At the time of that comment I was using version 0.5.0.2 (so the latest build at this time even), for testing purposes I used 500 mana(basically 50 casts of sedation in a single day) on sedation spamming a single slave (and another 3 mana for checking the toxicity at the end), results where 0 toxicity, the slave used for the experiment was a human(so no racial ability that affects it), my magic stat at the time was 6(no idea if that affects it or not).
                          Thanks for the information! I'm actually playing the 0.4.4.6 version. I like to wait for multiple version releases before moving to the newest version so the change's impact is much more apparent for me.

Hmm, i guess i need to rethink my strategy playing this then, if some spells turns out doesn't give toxicity at all in newer version. I just hope that that was not intended and actually a bug because it kinda make "toxicity" penalty obsolete and will be changed in even newer version, OR maybe go all-the-way and redesign the "toxicity" system to something that can contribute more to the gameplay without it being a nuisance or just lip-service.
                          Last edited by AGamerPassingBy; 12th October 2017, 01:03.

Comment

I wasn't aware that any spells cause toxicity, though the only spells I make regular use of are Mind Reading and Sedation, with the occasional Invigorate.

I do know that Mutation reduces toxicity, but its moot since it has the same effect anyways.

I've only ever seen toxicity increases from items.

Comment

Not sure if I'm gonna ruin anyone's day by saying this, but it's possible to find out the Patreon cheat code by just perusing the game files a bit, I found it in under 10 minutes.

Just wanted to put that out there in case the dev wanted to fix it somehow.

Comment

Just updating with the versions/changelog since last time it was posted here.

Fixed bunch of quest related issues tied to the old areas

Fixed group select and animation change errors
                                Fixed main menu error

New exploration mechanic: Deeper Areas.
                                While in Deeper Area ecountered NPCs have 70% chance to have higher grade
                                Deeper Area enemies have 25% boost to awareness, 25% boost to power and 50% boost to health
                                Deeper Area enemies have 25% increased loot drop and 20% increased XP reward
                                Deeper Area will have 20-60% more enemies per group
                                Exhausted or stressed slaves wont automatically return to mansion
                                Exhausted slaves deal only 2/3 of their damage
                                Energy cost of Escape reduced to 10
                                Escape attempts by enemies no longer mandatory and now depend on their grade (higher grade - higher chance)
                                New sprite and naked version for Alise
                                New NPC sprites
                                Teleport stones can now only be purchased in their respective towns (except for Umbra)
                                Added new usable items and option to rest while exploring
                                Fixed levelup item request ignoring item presence
                                Fixed inability to repeat slaver guild audience
                                Fixed relatives panel
                                Fixed oblivion potion effect
                                Minor improvements to mansion upgrade system

Comment

Working...
                                X