What's new

ADV [7th Dream] Pretty Warrior May Cry RJ086864

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coy47

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
Re: (7th Dream) Pretty Warrior May Cry (Read the *updated* First Post)

Hi guys,
7th-dream here.
We work 3 months on the upgrade, We think it worth some penny. The key part of this upgrade is: you can cutomize the story and the level design with the story editor we provided.
About the copyright, we don't have any file from lilith, and this is a dojin product, which means with the law in japan, you can make some stuff similar of the characters of other games, but you can not make them 100% same. That's exactly what we did. BTW, For the voice, it's our own VC, not the same VC from lilith.
This could be one of our last few prodocuts, the next 2 will be a bundle pack and a upgrade version of PoorSakuraFight. That's all, we will gone after that.
What killed us, is not the copyright or something like that. It's about the money we spent on the games is too few compare the money we earned.we know alot people supported us and enjoy our games,Thanx for that, but too few people pay for it.
Again, really thanx for your support. We did our best to make people happy. And we DID NOT cheat anyone.
but the 5th enemy doesn't seem to work I put it in to spawn but its never there also the dialouge part is difficult to use as the only way to have a conversation seems to be continually adding newones which reloads the background characters and restarts the backing track. Plus to make it more effective you need to add new fuckable enemies as well as new units.

7thdream

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I'm sorry I felt abit angry about people think sell the upgrade game is some kind of cheating.
We stay here for the feedbacks and upgraded the old one to V1.3 for free...Which we can say no hentai game company did.
We only sold 530 copies in the whole western world. This is not a MMO RPG, we can upgrade forever, as long as some one still playing in my server and pay for their monthly fee.
If you read all the post, you will find out all the big improvement we made in the new version are all from your suggestions in this thread, we listened and we worked three months on that, day and night. Do you think all those suppose be free? If we don't eat, we don't live on the earth, we can do that, with pleasure.
For the website, some people keep hacking us, and we can't afford for a independent server, and we're going to die very soon anyway, so we choose keep it shut down.

7thdream

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

but the 5th enemy doesn't seem to work I put it in to spawn but its never there also the dialouge part is difficult to use as the only way to have a conversation seems to be continually adding newones which reloads the background characters and restarts the backing track. Plus to make it more effective you need to add new fuckable enemies as well as new units.
Thanx, got it, will look into it tonight.

7thdream

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Welcome of the suggestions, we will make update too, same as before.

Lipucd

Lurker
Reputation score

We stay here for the feedbacks and upgraded the old one to V1.3 for free...Which we can say no hentai game company did.
I'm sorry, I'll have to call you out on this.
On DLsite ALONE many company's have done this.
Mephisto (Kunoichi Ninpocho series, The Record of Sakura's Punity), ARUMERO SOFT (HIKARU SENKI RPG), Sawatex (Feel the Flash Hardcore - Kasumi), NONKI (QUEENS AXE) and KooooN Soft (SHINOBI GIRL) have all released free patches, and in a few games extra content without needing to rebuy.

Hell, I'm SURE you know of Feel the Flash, that it got MAJOR redone not once, but TWICE, and the people that got it Day 1 never had to buy the game again, always getting the newest updates to download once more from DLsite.

Do NOT act like what you did was 'new and undone by hentai'. I understand that you have things to take care of and pay off yourself, but saying that "We will support this game!" and making us think that you will with more and new content, only to resale it when other groups gave us such without a second payment is rather underhanded. I hope you understand that much.

ADDED:
I wanted to ask, why did you choose that art filter? Honestly, I thought the game's 3D artwork looked good as-is. The new filter makes the cum effects look really...bad, more less everything far more flat then ever before.

Last edited:

Sess-

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

i think people got way too butthurt over all this but well, each to their own i guess.

i personally found the added content worth the price and the editor was a damn nice addition.

edit// @Lipucd, the work amount is quite on a different scale on such HQ 3D work, compared to flash/rpg/2D.

the costs per production are also in way different leagues.

Last edited:

malek169

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

@7th Dream: You stated in your post like you're justified in making 1.0 to 1.3 for free? Are you serious!? You're telling us that it makes you guys a better company for NOT selling bug fixes!? I'm not 100% sure if hentai companies do that or not but just about every software company known to man doesn't sell their patches. Additional content? Yes. But at a cheaper price than the original. They're called expansion packs and in some cases, DLC.

I just saw what Lipucd said above me and I agree with him 100%.

Don't act like not selling us patches is doing us a favor -- it's called supporting your product and if you had that attitude to begin with then I can see why your website is a now a giant 403.

blackraven1425

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

We only sold 530 copies in the whole western world.
I can only chalk this up to marketing, because the game is awesome, but that doesn't matter if nobody knows about it.

Coy47

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

@7th Dream: You stated in your post like you're justified in making 1.0 to 1.3 for free? Are you serious!? You're telling us that it makes you guys a better company for NOT selling bug fixes!? I'm not 100% sure if hentai companies do that or not but just about every software company known to man doesn't sell their patches. Additional content? Yes. But at a cheaper price than the original. They're called expansion packs and in some cases, DLC.

I just saw what Lipucd said above me and I agree with him 100%.

Don't act like not selling us patches is doing us a favor -- it's called supporting your product and if you had that attitude to begin with then I can see why your website is a now a giant 403.
calm down dude lets just chill.

The story editor yes is a nice feature that alone could be sold for a low price as a standalone product (although there are quite a few issues like the ones i mentioned earlier in the thread and those such as can't set an amount of starting cash so money is infinite and the items you put on each map [those used to research new units] dont actually match the ones that are in the game when you play!) Also raging at them isn't going to help they have put work into this with new angles and gang banging (gangbangs need work though) although I will admit the filter isn't as good although the boobs do look a little more natural at times in my opinion (the swordmaster was always ridiculously perky) it might not be worth as much as Version 1.00 but it is at least worth an amount of money!

Lipucd

Lurker
Reputation score

i think people got way too butthurt over all this but well, each to their own i guess.

i personally found the added content worth the price and the editor was a damn nice addition.

edit// @Lipucd, the work amount is quite on a different scale on such HQ 3D work, compared to flash/rpg/2D.

the costs per production are also in way different leagues.
I might be stepping a bit out of line in my approach of things, but in earnest it's reselling the same game + a few extra under the same price header when they could have dome something like 'QUEENS AXE' where the 'extra' add-on content was bought and added onto such as a (far cheaper) patch. honestly if they had done this I would be buying that instead of sitting here asking myself if this is a group I wish to promote or not.

As for your comment towards me, I know how much effort it takes to remove a few textures for the different stages, more less add extra oozing effects to animations they already had done. Slapping on top of material they already had finished 80% of the way a really goddy filter. The new work would be the gangbangs, all 14 of them ( saying as both girls use the same exact animations and camera angles. ), and then the Map/Story editors. Most of that just comes off as stuff they could have sold as an 'add-on' pack, even if say how the game now loads/saves files is different ( there was an issue with the old way? ). At the end of the day, it's very much the same move of Capcom reselling say Street Fighter 4 to Super. Super to Ultra though was a far smarter move IMO.

herakleides

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Thank´s for the Download links man...

rep+ :D

Reputation score

Probably half of the "new" scenes that have their own entry in the CG gallery are slight rotations of existing scenes. Uh, correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't that the whole reason the ROTATING CAMERA existed for most scenes in the original version? They reeeeally look like they were trying to artificially pad out the CG gallery with this.

I was seriously hoping some of the new material would be the corrupted heroines doing different things, but nope. Here's Bad Wizard giving a guy a bj. Now here's Bad Wizard giving a guy a bj with the camera slightly rotated 10 degrees. Now here's Bad Wizard giving the same guy a bj with the camera rotated another 10 degrees.

crow_mw

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

530 copies, that is terribly low for such a quality production ;/

Allsop2604

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

There's no point in arguing about it at this point. I think the developers did a good job on (what looks like) their final version of the game. I appreciate the fact that they took input, and made additions accordingly. Also, they fixed any bugs that came up as soon as possible. As far as I'm concerned that alone is going above and beyond in the online hentai game industry.

Like I said earlier, I wouldn't expect them to come out with this release for free. Content-wise it's at least on par with DLC for regular console games. The only issue I had was having to pay full price for both. If I had known the second one was coming I would've waiting to purchase it. Alternatively I would've been happy if 7thdream was somehow able to offer the second game at a reduced rate to any customers who purchased the first.

With that being said though, obviously the company didn't know they were going to make it into a two release - so there's no way for them to give any heads up. And I doubt DLsite offers reduced pricing for customers who purchased other games. So with that being said, I think their hands were tied.

Regardless, that still effected my experience as their customer. "Cheated" is a poor word, and I apologize for using it earlier. I meant it in a way to describe how I felt and didn't mean it in a complete literal sense.

Also, at the time I didn't know what to make of 7thDream website being down. This entire time we hadn't heard from anyone I assumed that the first released flopped and the company went out of business. That, or they took their earnings and shut down, leaving us with none of the expected updates. To top it off we hear rumors about lawsuits and what not. Then suddenly, the company appears again with a brand new game which is a remake of the one I already bought.

When you add all of that together it looks really bad. I'd like to think I was jumping to the wrong conclusions. In which case I also apologize.

All in all, the game is great. These are the only two games I have ever purchased online. I honestly hope 7thDream was able to make enough from the game(s) accordingly for the amount of work their employees put in. No one deserves not to get paid for their hard work.

Coy47

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

There's no point in arguing about it at this point. I think the developers did a good job on (what looks like) their final version of the game. I appreciate the fact that they took input, and made additions accordingly. Also, they fixed any bugs that came up as soon as possible. As far as I'm concerned that alone is going above and beyond in the online hentai game industry.

Like I said earlier, I wouldn't expect them to come out with this release for free. Content-wise it's at least on par with DLC for regular console games. The only issue I had was having to pay full price for both. If I had known the second one was coming I would've waiting to purchase it. Alternatively I would've been happy if 7thdream was somehow able to offer the second game at a reduced rate to any customers who purchased the first.

With that being said though, obviously the company didn't know they were going to make it into a two release - so there's no way for them to give any heads up. And I doubt DLsite offers reduced pricing for customers who purchased other games. So with that being said, I think their hands were tied.

Regardless, that still effected my experience as their customer. "Cheated" is a poor word, and I apologize for using it earlier. I meant it in a way to describe how I felt and didn't mean it in a complete literal sense.

Also, at the time I didn't know what to make of 7thDream website being down. This entire time we hadn't heard from anyone I assumed that the first released flopped and the company went out of business. That, or they took their earnings and shut down, leaving us with none of the expected updates. To top it off we hear rumors about lawsuits and what not. Then suddenly, the company appears again with a brand new game which is a remake of the one I already bought.

When you add all of that together it looks really bad. I'd like to think I was jumping to the wrong conclusions. In which case I also apologize.

All in all, the game is great. These are the only two games I have ever purchased online. I honestly hope 7thDream was able to make enough from the game(s) accordingly for the amount of work their employees put in. No one deserves not to get paid for their hard work.
Instead of using the word cheated try CAPCOMed selling DLC as a new game :p but I agree they have earnt money for producing both games and as I said before this game deserves SOME money but maybe not the original price as it is the same. Also people saying that there are slight angle roations there are some more drastic ones and also the women get more nude as well as their body sometimes changes (swordmaster x hellhound 3rd CG look at the nipples they become humongous for some reason) Plus only the torture chamber had angle roation so the roation CGs are something slightly new and refreshing. Plus they expanded the torture chamber and there are 14 new CGs there so they haven't completly ripped you off.

Also hopefully they update the story editor so you can make well...a story as at the moment you can't as there are a few issues with it (the 5th person never appearing springs to mind). but when that happens we can essentially play custom made stories increasing the gameplay side.

Although I wouldn't say no to seeing some more fuckable enemies rather then new units to fuck the 2 chicks.

Sifer2

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Another difference in the CG's besides the rotation is it shows the girls in various states of undress. Their clothes get ripped now eventually leaving them naked.

It would still be an improvement except for the bloom. That and i'm not a fan of the new bright green orcs. And the game has performance issues that didn't exist in the other. I do hope the enhanced edition gets a patch too.

sureaboutthis

Lurker
Reputation score

...Otherwise it's the same game just sold under a different ( and IMO worse ) art filter.
Wait so that was intentional? Because I honestly thought it was something to do with my graphics messing up.

Sifer2

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Wait so that was intentional? Because I honestly thought it was something to do with my graphics messing up.

Yeah since he says they will do one more update for it I hope they give an option to use the original games filter. I liked the clearer look. Also liked darker Orcs.

That an maybe the old grey dog as a animation for Lilith doing the humans dog enemy would be perfect. Unless they want to do a gangbang scene with the Dragons which would be the ultimate lol.

Allsop2604

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

As far as gameplay is concerned I'm having constant issues with the Ctrl-Space functionality. It works fine initially but then constantly refuses to select any blocks after repeated use.

To clarify, I hold down Ctrl then start moving my crusor but no red highlight box appears.

Damoriva

Cthulhu
Reputation score

... The new filter makes the cum effects look really...bad, more less everything far more flat then ever before.
Speaking of the cum effects, why do they just look like a blob? (pretty sure it was the same in the original version too) There's no flow in them.....not sure if that makes sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.