What's new

ADV [7th Dream] Pretty Warrior May Cry RJ086864

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lipucd

Lurker
Reputation score
Re: (7th Dream) Pretty Warrior May Cry (Read the *updated* First Post)

As far as gameplay is concerned I'm having constant issues with the Ctrl-Space functionality. It works fine initially but then constantly refuses to select any blocks after repeated use.

To clarify, I hold down Ctrl then start moving my crusor but no red highlight box appears.
It's bugged a bit. The ONLY way to make it work is to drag from left to right. and from Up to down. If you say grab the far most right and top ended block, the ONLY thing you can do is drag the selection downwards, you can't go any more left with it...an in retrospect, if you start from the left most side, but at the very bottom, you can only drag it towards the right, unable to raise it upwards.

Speaking of the cum effects, why do they just look like a blob? (pretty sure it was the same in the original version too) There's no flow in them.....not sure if that makes sense.
It does. It 'looked' better because it was translucent, and it 'wiggling' gave false movement. But under the new filter, it ruins the translucent effect, and because of how it's colored, the slight movement it DID have is lost, revealing how much more flimsy it's done. In the end I think the art shift did more to ruin, not 'enhance' the game.

Wait so that was intentional? Because I honestly thought it was something to do with my graphics messing up.
Yes. Also remember that the videos are all Flash files, NOT real time 3D, it's all been pre-rendered and then put on a loop. So your 'graphics' have very little to miss up anyway outside of the playback speed.

530 copies, that is terribly low for such a quality production ;/
For a game on DLsite, that's actually quite a lot! Including from the American branch.

Last edited:

Urthos

Lurker
Reputation score

Yeah, all things considered 530 sold isn't that bad, although there are some things that we can't consider like the initial investment because we don't know how much it cost them to make the game.

I really, REALLY strongly discourage selling an update of the game for the same price of the game. UNLESS of course, you're giving us as much or more added content as there was in the original product. If you are, then you should make this as clear as possible and state the shit out of it. Why? Because when people are going to get 10 scenes if they buy the game now for 10$, but then have to pay 10 more dollars for 5 more scenes they're gonna be pissed. If they also believe that if they just wait it out, they can get all 15 scenes for 10$ then chances are they will.

Now, don't get me wrong, I really like you guys as developers. Since I've just recently become financially able to purchase games, I have yet to purchase any of your products. That being said, the moment I read that you will be selling an update for Poor Sakura Fight, chances of me buying Poor Sakura Fight before the update comes out dropped to 0%.

I do plan on buying Poor Sakura Fight! But there's no way in hell that I'm gonna buy it twice >.>

Basically, like people are saying, please release DLC packs as opposed to making you rebuy the game for updates. I LOVE DLC packs. It's a really good marketing strategy. I was pirating the games from Circle Cherry Poi, but their release of a free update got me to buy 2/3 of their games. Really, it all comes down to the Circle that people like the most. If people like a game, they're gonna try to pirate it. If they LOVE a game, they're gonna like the Circle and want to support it. At least, that's how I work....and I'm gonna go out on a limb and assume that at least a few hundred of your consumers are like me.

How much income do you require to run your company? I'm just curious. What city are you in? How many people are on your team? Does every one of you do it as your only source of income, working full time on the projects? I am, of course, assuming that you are a team because just taking as an example, Pretty Warrior Girl netted you almost 7 grand (usd) per month just in Japanese sales assuming that you work on one project at a time and saying that you can't live on that, even in Tokyo, as a single person would be pretty silly.

E

Exofluke

It's been along time, ULMF.

Look, it's simple. If you're pirating this content, then your opinion is 100% irrelevant. So STFU, Lipucd & others.

If you did happen to buy the game, then you shouldn't be all butt hurt over putting 18 bucks down to get some extra erotica. Shit, I spend 18 bucks on a few starbucks coffees and those drinks can't live up to the amount of days I'll spend jerking to this erotica.

Quit being so damn selfish and just chill. Seriously, if you felt your money went to waste, then just leave it at that. Don't buy their games anymore... whatever... but don't go around thinking that this persistent, egomaniacal, inconsiderate crap is going to change 7thdream's motives to fit your asinine perspective. It won't, especially if you didn't even buy the game.

I did happen to buy all of 7thdreams games, thank you very much. If you're curious, I wrote a .

CrimsonSpires

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

It's been along time, ULMF.

Look, it's simple. If you're pirating this content, then your opinion is 100% irrelevant. So STFU, Lipucd & others.

If you did happen to buy the game, then you shouldn't be all butt hurt over putting 18 bucks down to get some extra erotica. Shit, I spend 18 bucks on a few starbucks coffees and those drinks can't live up to the amount of days I'll spend jerking to this erotica.

Quit being so damn selfish and just chill. Seriously, if you felt your money went to waste, then just leave it at that. Don't buy their games anymore... whatever... but don't go around thinking that this persistent, egomaniacal, inconsiderate crap is going to change 7thdream's motives to fit your asinine perspective. It won't, especially if you didn't even buy the game.

I did happen to buy all of 7thdreams games, thank you very much. If you're curious, I wrote a .

..I'm sorry to say this, but, you're an idiot.

The content in this "new" game was promised, in this very thread, even, to be a version update. It caused quite a few sales to happen, mine included. It's not about the money, it's about what companies try to do to paying customers.

I bet you gobble down on disk, day one DLC like it was a shit sandwich and you want seconds, don't you? I'm quite generous where I throw my money, but certain companies do not get it. This one just made that list.

Take your white-knighting elsewhere. Or Hell, if this is what this forum is about, I'll just go elsewhere.

7thdream

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Thanx for the support.
We updated v2.0 to v2.1:
- Make the bricks select function more easy to use.
- Fixed a bug: 5th enemy doesn't show in Customized Story.

And we also updated v1.3 to v1.4:
- Now you can hold "Ctrl" and use your mouse to drag and select multiple bricks, then dig them all by press SPACE key. (Same as v2.1)
- New save system from v2.x
- AI improved as v2.1
- Bug fixed as v2.1
- Now the gangbang animations for orc have 4 stages in torque room.

You can download the upgrade pack in game.

We believe v1.x already worth its price as a completely game. v2.x is not a upgrade pack, it's a stand alone edition for the people who love 2D style animation and customize the story. Technologically, it's impossible to make this one as a upgrade pack. And we have specified all the differences in the product descriptions. If you don't like it, you have choice not to buy it, but please don't take it as a reason to post the pirate copy. It's not about you like us or not, it's about right or wrong.

We will cancel the enhance edition of PoorSakuraFight. That sounds like a bad idea base on the situation of v2.0
Thanx again for the people who support us, please let us know if you have any suggestion for the game.

Have a nice day!

Aluze

Reputation score

it's will be nice if a corrupted heroes can be used to breed some elite monsters in torture room, with different animation and stats...and maybe give them more action (buttons 1,2,3,4...etc)

Ayra

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

So there's been no model/file theft, then? That settled my decision.

I did buy the original game and I did mention that it was probably the best buy on DLSite I've ever done. I still stand by my opinion.

I also did buy the new version after the statement that no model theft was involved in the creation of the game. Is it a bit disapointing to buy what is essentially the same game twice? Yes. Do I feel ripped off? Not at all.

The thing is... Compare Pretty Warrior May Cry with the vast majority of hentai games on DLSite. It's an actual fun game and it has some depth. Not only that, but it's decently long, it has high quality models and has a decent amount of animations.

I bought a Zelda-like game on DLSite last weekend. It cost 13$, and it was over inside of an hour. It was decently fun, but it was short and not exactly amazing. And it's definitively not the worst buy I did on that site.

If you add the cost of the two version of Pretty Warrior May Cry, it amounts to around 37$, or roughly 3 times the cost of that other game. There's WAY more than 3 times the amount of effort and development time involved for the creation of this game. Despite what it can feel to the customer, the $ gained for the amount of work done on this game must be very low.

So for one, I wouldn't have minded to pay the 36$ for this game in the first place... Comparatively-speaking, it's a fair price considering what you get considering the vast majority of other titles.

Note 1: I have only had the occasion to play a few stages so far, but I have to say that so far game balance looks definitively better. For example, the tentacles now do their job properly instead of instantly dying for no benefit and the elemental resistance works properly. I'll abstain about posting gameplay improvement suggestions until I get further in the game, though.

Note 2: I'll abstain on commenting on the whole Poor Poor Sakura thing: I don't like the subject matter of the game so I haven't played any of them.

Allsop2604

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Stupid question, how does one go about updating their version again?

Coy47

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Stupid question, how does one go about updating their version again?
replace the current flash exe file with the new one

Coy47

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

yay....the story maker has been fixed...this makes me very happy :D

Allsop2604

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

And another stupid question. Where does one obtain the new one?

Coy47

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

And another stupid question. Where does one obtain the new one?
launch the game on the main menu top left hand you will see ver 2.00 (or 1.x if you play first edition) this is clickable. Click it it will take you to the page where the flash box in the center can scroll up and down you can clcik the v2.1 or v1.4 to go to the mediafire page with the update on

cabhills

Reputation score

Load up the game and choose the About option at the bottom. Then go and click on the flashing V2.0 Update (or the V1.3 Update for the first game). It then gives you an option to download a zip file.

Ayra

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

When you open the game, there's "Version 2.0" flashing in the top right corner. Click that, and it opens a web page that has the link to the newest version. Download that file, unzip main.exe, throw it into the game folder and run it.

The gameplay certainly is better now. No monsters healing up to 3000% HP (Although you still need a worm or two for the meanest enemies), all units actually do something and it goes much smoother. The combos are kinda useful too when you want to quickly seduce one separated enemy soldier while another is holding back the enemy main group. The Death Knights are still stupidly overpowered and the bees are still extremely mediocre (better but still bad) but everything's usesable now. I definitively enjoyed my latest playthrough, especially when I force-limited myself to using a minimal amount of death knights!

The storyline creator certainly looks to be a lot of fun! Is there any particular place we can put our storylines at so that other users can download them?

I have an idea for a masterpiece* and I'd love to share it with you guys once I'm done building it.

One thing I'd love to be able to do in the storyline creator is the ability to pre-design a maze and have the possibility to prevent the regenerating of picks (For example, pre-design a maze with only 5 picks to use throughout the entire stage for a puzzle-like challenge). It'd also be nice if you were able to limit the amount of money a player has during a specific stage and even have a few pre-placed monsters to use. Finally, I'd definitively enjoy having a few more expressions for the female warrior and the lilith: Since they sort of are the main characters in my story, two expressions is a bit few.

I'll manage though: I'm going to build my story expecting not to see any of those things, but if they do get added eventually I'll improve things accordingly when that happens.

*Masterpiece may be a "slight" exageration. However, since I'm building it with this audience in mind, I'm pretty hopeful it'll be interesting for you guys! Just do note that the ending's is going to be tweaked to my preferences, though :)

ditzist

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

anyone knows how to change the save of new version so we can have infinite souls to upgrade stats like in the old version? really appreciate if you can help :)

Coy47

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

The storyline creator certainly looks to be a lot of fun! Is there any particular place we can put our storylines at so that other users can download them?

I have an idea for a masterpiece* and I'd love to share it with you guys once I'm done building it.

One thing I'd love to be able to do in the storyline creator is the ability to pre-design a maze and have the possibility to prevent the regenerating of picks (For example, pre-design a maze with only 5 picks to use throughout the entire stage for a puzzle-like challenge). It'd also be nice if you were able to limit the amount of money a player has during a specific stage and even have a few pre-placed monsters to use. Finally, I'd definitively enjoy having a few more expressions for the female warrior and the lilith: Since they sort of are the main characters in my story, two expressions is a bit few.

I'll manage though: I'm going to build my story expecting not to see any of those things, but if they do get added eventually I'll improve things accordingly when that happens.

*Masterpiece may be a "slight" exageration. However, since I'm building it with this audience in mind, I'm pretty hopeful it'll be interesting for you guys! Just do note that the ending's is going to be tweaked to my preferences, though :)
mmm yes the storyline creator could definetly improve this game a whole lot if it got worked on especially the ability to have save slots for your story would help (as in save the game mid way through but have the option to restart again) I'd like a way to set a starting fund for each story so players don't have 100000k to begin with and yes the part to make a stage with blocks already taken out would be a great idea. Also maybe put other enemys images to be used in dialogues or a select few (humanoid ones like the orc and death knight perhaps)

Madeye

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

i managed to somehow find a pretty interesting bug while playing endless mode. i belive i got a huge tentacle to around lvl 250? when the bar just kept expanding... and expanding! and all off a sudden it turned into a laser which blocked the whole screen! luckily i could just delete the tentacle. that is all

Anon17564

Lurker
Reputation score

Run a malware scan of the game folder, guys.

SethK

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

Run a malware scan of the game folder, guys.
Hm. Both of the save files came up as Trojans to Malwarebytes.
I assume that's what you're talking about? I quarantined and deleted them myself.. Question is if it was just a false-positive or a legitimate threat..
Everyone should scan it themselves to be safe.

Ayra

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

Hm. Both of the save files came up as Trojans to Malwarebytes.
I assume that's what you're talking about? I quarantined and deleted them myself.. Question is if it was just a false-positive or a legitimate threat..
Everyone should scan it themselves to be safe.
Just did a scan, everything's marked as clean on my side. I do have a purchased version from DLSite though, and the only thing I added to the folder is the 2.1 patch from the official site in case that changes anything.

Coy47: Wah, you can't save the game when using user-created storylines and people start at 100000 souls? I had expected that they started at 1000 like the normal game or something like that... Man, okay, I really should do a bit of testing before continuing my storyline then! I guess I'll have to shorten it up considerably then... For new features, I officially endorse the idea of being able to save your game during user-created storylines and be able to set an amount of starting souls.

Status
Not open for further replies.