What's new

Zone

Desubee

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Re: Zone

It's a strap on. If you click on the ends of her hair it becomes transparent.

Also: Is it me or is Zone just making minis now?

Chomp Dude

Lurker
Reputation score

Scanty and Kneesocks eh? Nice little addition.

Is it me or does something seem off about the ending. It must be Stocking's expression...

Luppikun

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Scanty and Kneesocks eh? Nice little addition.

Is it me or does something seem off about the ending. It must be Stocking's expression...
There's an ending? But it just keeps looping...

E

Exofluke

The disclaimer in the beginning is kinda funny. He clearly has no idea what he's talking about when he writes "the law regarding parody is based upon the fair use doctrine under the U.S. Copyright Act"

For starters, parody is not a law. There is no law that regards it. Parody is basically an explanation of certain exceptions of what would be considered fair use. So the fact that he mentions it (and the way he does), still doesn't prove anything about him not infringing on the copyright laws.

More on topic... What exactly is Panty & Stocking? I'm guessing it's some Asian show? At least he's not continuing the western cartoon stuff. I'd rather just know that he's doing stuff that he wants to.

Mercsenary

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

More on topic... What exactly is Panty & Stocking? I'm guessing it's some Asian show? At least he's not continuing the western cartoon stuff. I'd rather just know that he's doing stuff that he wants to.
More on topic... What exactly is Panty & Stocking? I'm guessing it's some Asian show?
More on topic... What exactly is Panty & Stocking?
What exactly is Panty & Stocking?
I dont think we can be friends anymore. :D It's an anime that mocks western cartoon style. I think it was on youtube for a while. :D I want to say its like Powerpuff girls but add more adult humor. But that's not really accurate. If it helps it's produced by Gainax. Along with a Gainax ending. >:|

Last edited:

scira

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

I dont think we can be friends anymore. :D It's an anime that mocks western cartoon style. I think it was on youtube for a while. :D I want to say its like Powerpuff girls but add more adult humor. But that's not really accurate. If it helps it's produced by Gainax. Along with a Gainax ending. >:|
It's odd. The anime I watch is usually based off the smut I find of it. I've heard of P&S before but never watched any of it until i saw this flash, Its damn funny.

xxalvaroxx

Reputation score

do any of you have this problem? i think its from the hk girl 5 video onward, whenever i play the flash video, it starts blinking or flashing and its starts to do its own thing, help!?!?!?!

davejohnson

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

The disclaimer in the beginning is kinda funny. He clearly has no idea what he's talking about when he writes "the law regarding parody is based upon the fair use doctrine under the U.S. Copyright Act"

For starters, parody is not a law. There is no law that regards it. Parody is basically an explanation of certain exceptions of what would be considered fair use. So the fact that he mentions it (and the way he does), still doesn't prove anything about him not infringing on the copyright laws.

You'd be surprised.

Parody laws (especially in conservative nations like the US) are a fundamental protection of free speech, which is generally a good thing. They exist to keep an organization from being above criticism and public scrutiny. The reason Zone can claim protection by these laws is because making exceptions to them is sort of a slippery slope.

Case in point, George Lucas found out about that awful Starwars hentai ripoff (Star Balls or something like that) and wanted it removed and the makers sued. The makers claimed protection under parody laws and were totally safe after making some silly claims about how it was social commentary or whatever.

This is also how shows like Southpark are allowed to continue to exist.

On topic: I like Zone.

/lecture

hakunoe

Lurker
Reputation score

Panty & Stocking is a Japanese anime which it I have not watch it yet

Dr_Maricon

Lurker
Reputation score

Didn't knew it either, just watched the first episode, was epic :) , thanks.

E

Exofluke

Parody laws (especially in conservative nations like the US) are a fundamental protection of free speech, which is generally a good thing.
Parody is not a law. There is no law that regards it.

Somehow I have strange feeling that repeating myself isn't going to change your argument...

Think of it this way. There's two sides of a coin, one is copyright laws and the other is fair use. Both of these sides are definitive, meaning that they have specifics which can apply in whatever case. Unfortunately, the edges of the coin are not on either side, so there has to be something in order to justify what is there. This would be parody.

Parody is not written in stone, okay? It has no real definitive points, except to cover what might come up in a case (between fair use and copyright infringement), in which is not covered by either side of the coin.

Concerning the material he's creating, Zone is not protected under any laws. He's actually trespassed quite far into the realm of prison time. (e.g. taking sound bites from the shows & even video footage)... he's royally fucked at this point.

So praise be to whatever lack-of decision making these cartoon companies are making.

Now believe me when I tell you that I don't hate or dislike Zone in any way. He's actually one of the very few who inspired me to start drawing erotica art in the first place.

It's just that I'm not one to avoid the facts.

Kusanagi

Chief Nippleseer
Reputation score

If anyone has the time and will (or if you just already have them all), if we could get a single download link (or 2-3, depending on size) for all of Zone's works so far that have been posted in this thread, that would be awesome.

Sess-

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

heres a pack i dloaded a month back, should have everything including the sakura mini but excluding the new stockin mini.

wickeddram

Reputation score

In case people are wondering, while parody isn't expressly mentioned in the Fair Use act (Copyright Act of 1976, 17 U.S.C. § 107), the Supreme Court has officially recognized parody as a fair use in the case of Campbell v. Acuff-Rose Music, Inc. Of course, how it meets the four main criteria is still debatable (I'd say hes still in the clear, but I'm hardly a lawyer).

Also thanks for the upload.

manty5

Banned
Reputation score

It's not law, but it IS well-established precedent, which carries the force of law for the foreseeable future. So the proper response to "It's not law" is "So what?"

kojiro

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

he updated his gallery with previews of his new flash i can't see em though but for those of you who can they are there

geugeug

Demon Girl
Reputation score

For some kind of reason my 12 hour key for hentaikey still works, gone way beyond the 12 hour limit tho.. no complaints tho.

my very first delivery on ULMF, even though it is nothing special:

Attachments

Babbyhouse

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

For some kind of reason my 12 hour key for hentaikey still works, gone way beyond the 12 hour limit tho.. no complaints tho.

my very first delivery on ULMF, even though it is nothing special:
Aw, looks like it's gonna be a movie, I was looking forward to a game.