What's new

Mitsuko X Space Escape

Status
Not open for further replies.

Torgent

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
Re: Anybody want updated Mitsuko X?

I've actually been making a Mega Man styled engine to make some games on, one of which was a hentai game. Problem is, I can't draw worth balls (nor could I probably ACTUALLY draw balls! :O) so that kinda keeps me from getting anywhere a lot of the time. I've got a friend who can draw CGs very well, but making just a CG hentai game is so... Meh. :(

Point being, there are people out there willin' to do the work, but unable to do large and important parts of it! :p
I can't draw a straight line either, but I think 8bit graphics like in kurovadis are doable for everyone, at least it was rather easy to pixel some sprites for the RPG-Maker back then.

Miyoko

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

You'd think so... ... ._.

Torgent

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

To come back to the topic.
The horse looks really nice, I hope he keeps his line of adding a front AND a back (anal) animation for every enemy.
I don't like the wasp, because it lacks the egg laying and because it looks strange with a pink penis instead of something even remotely looking like a stinger.

urielmanx7

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

To respond some of the questions that have been floating:

It's true that I would like to get some reward for making this game, everything you have said has a small part on why I started again, I was encouraged by Kyrieru try at DLSite, but also I started this since 2009! It has been long enough to be a game made just for the hobby. Also, maybe I was jumping to conclusions when I said that I wanted to see if I have a chance to make this as a "business", because the video game world is very competitive, and I would have to come with new ways of making a ROR so people would still be interested in buying my games, so now that I think about it throughly, too much pressure, let's just finish this one and see how it ends.
Though I think I'll still try to make games, but now I learned that is better to keep it at something that can be achievable in a relative small amount of time, so all the things I wanted to add to Mitsuko, I'll leave them for if I do another.

Bottom line, 3 years working on it... at least let me see if I can get a penny from it XD

SethK

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

So do you plan to just distribute through DL site, or will you have a seperate site to buy it from, like Kurovadis? I ask because I'm a cheap bastard who doesn't want to pay DL site fees.

Last edited:

urielmanx7

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Yeah, DLSite fees aren't a pretty sight, I don't know, I need to do a throughly research, mostly because I live in Mexico, so I need to be well informed on what options do I have.

thswherizat

Reputation score

Its cool to see you posting here again already. Were you waiting to see how long it would take for the news to get back to ULMF?

More on topic, do you have any idea what you are planning on charging?

lmaonade200

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I really really REALLY hope you finish Mitsuko X this time, I loved the game and I think you could cash in quite a lot if you polished the game up (fix bugs, maybe polish the animations just a bit).

Anyways, everything about this was awesome and unbelievable for a free product until you shut it down :( If you work at it and make it more awesome I'm sure plenty of people would shell out some bucks to buy it (I know I would).

Yeah, I thought about that too, but I figure he saw that Ky made quite a decent haul from Kurovadis sales, and that got him motivated to pick up Mitsuko X again. Money can add motivation, and hey, if the game turns out excellent and sells well, maybe we'll have another kickass developer in the making. I'd be all for that.

I could be wrong, but I occasionally try to see the best in people. In either case, it'd be nice to have another developer of action H-games. RPG maker games aren't bad, but it gets old after the 30th one you play.
This, this, definitely this. The only RPG Maker game I even keep up with anymore is VH, when I try to get into other ones, something in each of them turns me away after a try or 2 (just seems too generic and rehashed to me), not enough action H-games for sure, Kurovadis was great (also difficult for me -_- I sucked at megaman so that's to be expected I guess) so that kept me interested for a long time, this one was really interesting too, one of the few games that I'd actively follow and play multiple times.

Last edited:

omp1234

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

Hey I'm not saying you're not entitled to make scratch from your work, I'm just saying, a lot of people saw the financial gains from Kurovadis as an inspiration to make money off of H-games, but the people it inspired are hardly like Kyrieru in terms of work ethic and talent. He had the engine built and graphics set up and demos out and much progress made before he decided he was going to charge $5 for his game.

And now every schmuck with flash has the idea that they can make a Demon Girl of their own to solve all their financial problems, because hey, Kyrieru made it, maybe I can too.

And don't get me wrong; you can do anything if you put your mind to it, but when you haven't completed a single game in your life and suddenly decide to try and make a profit off of it, you're moving away from Kurovadis (a labor of love and dedication by someone who wanted to make a game that people really enjoyed) to Swiss Made flash games (terrible low-quality flash rip-offs for the sake of being a cash cow and nothing more).

Something built for the sole utility of financial gain will never be anything like a labor of love, dedication, and enjoyment. But many of these makers in it for cash really don't care anyways, so it's no skin off their nose. Just saying, Kurovadis kicked off a trend that people need to be aware of.

Kyrieru

Sensei
Reputation score

And don't get me wrong; you can do anything if you put your mind to it, but when you haven't completed a single game in your life and suddenly decide to try and make a profit off of it, you're moving away from Kurovadis (a labor of love and dedication by someone who wanted to make a game that people really enjoyed)
1. Kurovadis was the first game I ever finished.
2. Kurovadis was developed with the intention of selling it. Hardly a labour of love.
And now every schmuck with flash has the idea that they can make a Demon Girl of their own to solve all their financial problems, because hey, Kyrieru made it, maybe I can too.
3. Mitsuko X was started long before I had ever even heard of an action H game, and as a labour of love no less.

Something built for the sole utility of financial gain will never be anything like a labor of love, dedication, and enjoyment. But many of these makers in it for cash really don't care anyways, so it's no skin off their nose. Just saying, Kurovadis kicked off a trend that people need to be aware of.
You're missing the point of selling games.

While working on H games as a hobby, I eventually concluded that it was pointless. It leads nowehere, and it doesn't bring you any closer to doing what you love for a career. There's nothing more depressing then developing a game while working a day job completely unrelated to art. Best case scenario, you work on and finish a great game over the course of three years, and then give up on H games because you need to focus on an actual career. (You know, working at a studio on commercial games..... oh wait).

Selling your game is a solution to that problem. My primary goal with H games is to make money because it allows me to do what I love. Not because I want money in and of itself.

Selling games means money, money means time, and time means better games. The better the game, chances are the better it's going to sell, and the more time you have to make bigger, better games. It's still a labour of love, it just becomes a more productive one.

Lithos

Reputation score

For what it's worth Urielman I think what you're doing is totally understandable. So long as the price isn't crazy, it's not just a good way to reward you for your time, it's also an investment in future works.

Glad to see you're back to working on it and good luck!

soulles

Reputation score

Ehmm... I havent realy checked on this in ages...

was wondering is that 4shared link the latest demo, I checked the site/blog....
if that is the only link, then I cant download it.... :(

or is there maybe another DL link to it as wel??

The new screens (images) are looking quite awesome imo.... :cool:

OfficerTJHooker

Cthulhu
Reputation score

Kyr makes a good point.

Whether you love to make h-games or not is irrelevant when you're selling it for profit. The fact is that as a developer, you're forced to make a game that is appealing and worth the $$ that players are going to dish out for the game. That alone is motivation enough to make it exciting and well-made.

If talented developers could make games to their hearts content without having to worry about the gripes of reality, I'm sure we'd see a lot more people go into video game development and other niche roles. Unfortunately, that's not the case, and money makes the world go round. Even in conventional game studios, the publisher basically dictates what and how your game is made, for the sole purpose of turning over the best profit.

This isn't necessarily bad, though. I love free games, but I love well-made games even more.

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Hopefully with the new distribution models we're seeing via steam and the like that won't be the case much longer. Since it's pretty hard to make something good with a publisher raping you up the ass with barbed wire saying "NO I WANT MORE MONEY, SKIMP ON THIS, IT NEEDS TO BE MORE LIKE COD, LEAVE IT OPEN FOR SEQUELS, TAKE CONTENT OUT OF THE MAIN GAME AND SELL IT AS DLC".

Kyrieru

Sensei
Reputation score

I wish Steam accepted adult content -__-

Daynjahzone

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Ky, you could corner a new market...a steam for adult games. You could be the gabe of the H-game industry.

I expect 20% of the profits for this great idea should it come to fruition.

Iggy

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Ky, you could corner a new market...a steam for adult games. You could be the gabe of the H-game industry.

I expect 20% of the profits for this great idea should it come to fruition.
We should call it, "The Sauna: The 'Steam' too Hot for Children".

Last edited:

omp1234

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

1. Kurovadis was the first game I ever finished.
2. Kurovadis was developed with the intention of selling it. Hardly a labour of love.

3. Mitsuko X was started long before I had ever even heard of an action H game, and as a labour of love no less.

You're missing the point of selling games.

While working on H games as a hobby, I eventually concluded that it was pointless. It leads nowehere, and it doesn't bring you any closer to doing what you love for a career. There's nothing more depressing then developing a game while working a day job completely unrelated to art. Best case scenario, you work on and finish a great game over the course of three years, and then give up on H games because you need to focus on an actual career. (You know, working at a studio on commercial games..... oh wait).

Selling your game is a solution to that problem. My primary goal with H games is to make money because it allows me to do what I love. Not because I want money in and of itself.

Selling games means money, money means time, and time means better games. The better the game, chances are the better it's going to sell, and the more time you have to make bigger, better games. It's still a labour of love, it just becomes a more productive one.
WELL THEN disregard that, I suck cocks.

lmaonade200

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Well at my school alone (university of california at irvine) I've heard people talking of starting/creating companies for platforms to publish and distribute Indie-developed games, though I didn't specifically hear about adult games/content, I'm sure in the near future there'll be some sort of large, pseudo-mainstream distributing company that'll accept adult content too.

Status
Not open for further replies.