What's new

RPG Maker [Butakoma 300g] どろっぷ ふぁくとりー (Drop Factory)

cadooron2

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Re: [Butakoma 300g] どろっぷ ふぁくとりー (Drop Factory)

Is there a translation or is someone working on translating this game?

If not can someone please give a short guide on how to capture monsters and how to basically start the game? (i've read the "guide" in page 14, doesn't give that much info but still useful to some extent)

salking

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

If not can someone please give a short guide on how to capture monsters and how to basically start the game? (i've read the "guide" in page 14, doesn't give that much info but still useful to some extent)
I have some knowledge of Japanese but could at best provide an amateurish translation.
The catch is I have next to no idea on how to actually translate the game files.
I have an extractor so I can browse the game files alright, but don't really know where to start.

For now I can help with the second thing i guess.
From the beginning check the mailbox to get an invite to work with distributing tissues (get the tissues from the middle house in the residential district and distribute at signs).
Or working in the armor shop (talk to the lady behind the counter in the 3rd phase of the day).
The second thing you can do from the beginning is talk to the kid to the right in the armor shop to start "educating" him the next day for weekly payments that go directly to paying your dept.

The only other thing I can think of that you can do at the beginning is getting ingredients for cooking by battling monsters and either selling them or build a stockpile for when you get access to your own shop.

hope this helps you a bit

cmacleod42

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

It has been a while, but to capture monster you need to upgrade your farm first. The go to the forest etc and encounter the creatures and if you defeat tthem every so often they will decide to go home with you.

Nastynassy

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Hi evryone, first this game is genius^^

So my problem is evrything works so far, but evryone is talking about upgrading the farm, maybe Im too stupid or whatever I simply cant find where the upgrade barn option is XD

If possible with screenshot or symbols T.T

KHTA

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Hi evryone, first this game is genius^^

So my problem is evrything works so far, but evryone is talking about upgrading the farm, maybe Im too stupid or whatever I simply cant find where the upgrade barn option is XD

If possible with screenshot or symbols T.T
It's not an option, it's a sold item from the lady in the item shop. Should be the most expensive choose on the menu.

Nastynassy

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

It's not an option, it's a sold item from the lady in the item shop. Should be the most expensive choose on the menu.
Thank you =D

Pikel

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Hey guys I just started to play Drop Factory and I'm really really enjoying it so far. I've read through the entire thread and saw that many people are quite confused as to how things work and the last "walkthrough" posted on page 14 might be a bit confusing, so I'll write a beginner guide.

Installation / Troubleshooting

Since I made less than 15 posts, I can't put links yet so you will have to copy/paste them manually

• You can get the game here: mediafire.com/download/pu0v8177494i88r/DFver1.29.zip (Official link)
  • You will need RPG VX RTP in order for the game to work (otherwise you will have missing .dll errors when trying to launch the game). You can download it here: tkool.jp/support/download/rpgvx/rtp (big blue button at the bottom of the screen).
  • For those who want to have some partial translation of the game, AGTH + Translation Aggregator works decently (look it up yourself).
  • RPG VX window can't be resized by default, here is a software to make the window resizable: digitallis.co.uk/pc/ResizeEnable/index.html

Character Creation

The game is played using the arrow keys and space (or enter) & escape. You (Shizuku) will be prompt to choose between 3 types of character at the beginning: Archetype A, B or C. These only influence your combat stats, so IMO they don't matter that much (Archetype A is balanced, B & C have bonus / penalties on some stats).

The goal of the game is to pay a debt of 5 million, but there is no time limit nor any interests so don't feel rushed.

Character Information

On the top left you can see the amount of "BP" you have left. BP is the energy used when working, and has no incidence on combat. If you deplete your BP, you will faint and wake up the next day morning in bed. Max BP can be increased, I will talk about that later.

You can press "Escape" when not in dialog / combat to access the menu, where you can find in the following order:
  1. Items
  2. Ability
  3. Equipment
  4. Status
  5. Skill Level
  6. PP (Stats upgrade)
  7. Save
  8. Leave Game
  9. Money (bottom left)
  10. Level / HP / SP (bottom right)

Equipment slots are the following:
  1. Main (cloth)
  2. Head
  3. Body (cape)
  4. Hand
  5. Foot
  6. Two other slots which I don't understand the meaning.

PP (Stats upgrade) are the following:
  1. HP
  2. SP
  3. Attack (Song)
  4. Physical (defense?)
  5. Mental (defense?)
  6. Speed

Skill levels are the following:
  1. Sex / Service
  2. Cooking / Milking
  3. Recording / Working
  4. Farm work / Wolf breeding
  5. Pig breeding / Octopus breeding
  6. Orc breeding / Horse breeding

Time Mechanics

Each week is divided in 4 days, represented by the big number on the top right of your screen. Each day is divided in 4 periods, represented by the circle next to the number:
  1. Morning (White circle)
  2. Afternoon (Half-half white/dark circle)
  3. Night (Small white dot in a dark circle)
  4. Late Night (Dark circle)

Each time you do a time-consuming action (working / fighting / sexing usually), the arrow on the clock (top left of the screen) will move downwards, representing the time you used during this particular period. Some scenes can only be triggered during certain parts of the day.

You can use your bed to sleep (goes to next morning) or nap (skips current time period).

Getting started

You begin in your room and left to your own device. Basically, you only need to remember two things about your room: the bed where you can skip time, and the kitchen counter where you will be able to cook food once you have enough ingredients. On your right is your barn, currently empty. We will talk about that later.

Once you get out, you will find your mailbox. The mailbox has a little "!" every time a new mail comes, usually indicating that a new job is available in town. These mails usually come once you reach a certain threshold in some skills.

You can't go (yet) to the left of your screen, that's where your kids will be once you start having some. Going to the bottom of the screen will leave your home into the world map.

Once on the world map, you will see the town and a "forest" on the left (the big forest on the right is simply background decoration). The town is separated in 4 parts - Garden - Merchant district - Residential district - Corporate district (whatever the real names are), which are all connected (you don't need to go to the world map every time you want to move from one district to another).

The first thing you need to do is earn money. Money can usually be earned by taking part-time jobs, which are unlocked by talking to the right people at the right time.

Town Layout & shops

1. Garden: Some scenes can be unlocked there
  2. Merchant district: General Shop, your own stall (later in game) & Armory
  3. Residential district: Friend house, Job house & Old dude's house
  4. Corporate district: Shady shop

General Shop (girl):
  • Monster Food (3k/6k/10k): Gives BP back to your monsters.
  • Chicken (40k): Puts a chicken in your barn, from which you can collect eggs once a day.
  • Cow (50k): Puts a cow in your barn, from which you can collect milk once a day providing you have the milking machine.
  • Milking machine (30k): Allows you to milk your cow (and later yourself).
  • Upgrade barn (100k / 150k / 200k): Adds 1 / 2 / 2 slots to your barn for monsters.

General Shop (man):
  • Battle consumable items
  • Cooking ingredients (500 each): Only in the morning
  • Camera batteries (10k): Only after you get the camera

Your stall (later in game):
  • Sell your own items

Armory:
  • Battle equipment. New items every 5 levels.

Shady Shop:
  • Camera (100k): Used to record and sell your H-scene. 4 uses per battery.
  • Buys your H-scene recording (1st option) & your used equipment (2nd option).

Getting money

There is two-type of money: One will go to your pocket, the other directly goes to pay your debt. AFAIK most jobs give direct pay and also have money going to pay your debt, but I'm not sure.

Working will also grant you PP that you can use to boost your combat stats.

• Tissue selling: Available at start. Talk to the guy in the "Job house" (Residential District) and then interact with a board (any district) to sell them. Can work at any time of day except for midnight.
  • Armory shop: Unlock by talking to wife of the owner at night, can work in mornings and noon (both will advance to next phase of day).
  • General Shop: Unlocked by talking to blonde girl at shop once you receive a mail. Can work in mornings (takes half a period) and at night (will advance to late night).
  • Childcare/babysitting (left screen of your house): Unlocked after having enough children. Can work at noon and night.
  • Prostitution: "Friend House" at night / late night. Takes no BP.
  • Old man "service": Unlocked by going to the Old Man's House closed door at noon. Can work at night. Takes no BP.

There are probably another few that I haven't come across yet, but this should cover the early game fairly extensively.

Sexing

To increase your Sex / Service skill, you have to take part in H-scene. This will notably allow you to catch monsters for your barn later on.

Mornings:
Kid at Armory (Sex)
Old man at park (Service - minimum lvl 3 required + already worked for him).
Red haired kid at residential area (Need to have a baby with red haired guy for him to appear, and breaking the milk machine for him to fix it).

Afternoon:
H-event Kid at park (Service).
H-event Red haired man at last block (To unlock you need to have Sex lvl 2 and talk to the blonde girl in the general shop at night. He won't do it if you're already pregnant).

Night:
Old man service (see "earning money)
Prostitution (see "earning money")
Red haired guy outside general store (require ? lvl in Service)

Late Night:
Prostitution (if you didn't do it earlier).

Monster hunting

Going to the forest will allow you to fight monsters. You will gain XP and items for doing so, but receive only very little gold. Once you start upgrading your barn (your two starting slots are for the chicken & the cow), you will have open slots for monsters.

You need to get to a certain level of Sex / Service (?) to get two combat sex skills (with a "heart" icon). Using them in combat and then beating the monster gives you a chance to capture him, putting him in your barn (only if you still have open slots). I'm not sure if you need to use both skills though.

The following monsters can be captured: Wolf, Pig, Orc, Octopus, Horse.

That should cover it for the early game! If you have any questions, I will edit and add information.

Last edited:

XII

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

....You can get the game here: mega.co.nz...
so Pikel...

if i'm not reading it wrong the author said that he prohibited any form of re-upload ( 複製・転載(ネット上へのアップロード等も含みます)することを
 禁止します。), its already free and have a lot of content so no need to upload it elsewhere
please respect the author's wish and remove the link you provide

ZhouTai

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Do you have a link, i've never seen this site ever say no to an author, but either they must contact the staff or indicate so publicly for works to be removed/black listed as DNPs

Pikel

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

so Pikel...

please respect the author's wish and remove the link you provide
Understood, link removed. I simply copy pasted a link from a previous page, I believed it would be easier for users coming to this thread and didn't read the author's blog - but I won't go against the author's wish. I added the official download link found on the author's blog instead after skimming a bit.

@ZhouTai: In the 2nd post of this page ( ), right before the download links, the author wrote the following: フリーで配布していますが、ゲームやファイルの中身を再配布するのは…とりあえず禁止ということでお願いします。Translated means (approx): Although this game is freely distributed, I would like ask you to not redistribute the files/content, thanks (note the Japanese way of trying to be polite even when defending their own work :p)

Question for those the veterans out there, are there any similar games of such quality that you would recommend? I really really enjoyed Drop Factory.

Last edited:

SARD

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Question for those the veterans out there, are there any similar games of such quality that you would recommend? I really really enjoyed Drop Factory.
Well, there is his earlier work "Vitamin Quest" which uses a similar battle system; it's much more of a traditional fantasy RPG with no farming elements. However, the sex combat variations are not as robust as Drop Factory's, and I think the sprites are a little smaller.

Sadly, this work was for sale on English DLsite, but the author has since pulled it from there (apparently someone, somewhere on our side of the pond gave him crap about the "non-traditional sex elements"; seems to be a never-ending battle for japanese ero-artists). Anyway, it's still for sale on the Japanese side of DLsite if you can navigate that.

There's been an extensive write-up about "Vitamin Quest" on this forum, along with a fan translation. I never bothered with the translation since I think it requires extracting files via some RPGmaker program; but regardless, the walkthroughs and discussion in the thread can get you through the game pretty well without any injected/hooked translations.

http://www.ulmf.org/bbs/showthread.php?t=20982&highlight=vitamin+quest

I've searched high & low (plus tons of clicking through crap ero JRPGS) for anything like these two games. Nothing has come close in terms of gameplay or artwork... and I'm still amazed that one of the two was given out for free.

Last edited:

salking

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Figured I'd announce it sooner or later so here it is.

I'm working on a translation for drop factory, mostly to see for myself what other translators go through and maybe learn a bit from it as well.
I do plan on finishing this but progress will be a bit slow, mostly because I'm figuring out how rpg maker vx works as I go (just figured out where the text for the part time letters is :p)

So far I've translated the intro and about half the item list (about 340 items in the game, not counting weapons or armor)

I did hit a snag with one item connecting to a common event using comments as a menu where I cant use spaces or invisible characters to make it look proper (no prior knowledge of programing in general).

Planing on making a first release as soon as I get most of the interface translated but I will not set a date for it since my time often gets eaten by IRL stuff.
Some interface items are pics though so they will not get translated at first since I can barely use MS paint.

Hope this is good news to some.
Will post updates in this thread soonish.

Pikel

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

@Sard: Thanks, I'm taking a look at it! I don't like it as much, as I did enjoy the farming / working / debt paying aspect. So far Drop Factory & Fairy Fighting are my favorite, can't really find any others on the same level :/

@Salking: For the images to translate, if they are vital to the game I would simply suggest that you add the English translation right above/below the Japanese text. It doesn't need to be super beautiful or whatever, a simple "Add text" in paint would do fine :)

Last edited:

rokrad

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

@ Ky Kiske and Pikel: Thanks for the guides.
@ salking: Awesome I for one am looking forward to the translation good luck and thanks!

TheIron

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

i need help i search to find an info to remove this but i dont found anything :(

Attachments

Xcaliberium

Lurker
Reputation score

from your two screenshots it looks like your not in full japanese mode. they have garbled text and ..... if your using applocale for japanese I'm almost certain that it won't work. mainly cause running the game wiht applocale in jap mode, doesn't run the rtp in jap mode. so it fails :eek:

TheIron

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

that means i must run it in applocal ? or has anyone the files with japanes txt ?

cmacleod42

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

that means i must run it in applocal ? or has anyone the files with japanes txt ?
Or just change your region to use Japanese for Unicode programs. I have been running thing way for a long time and has little effect and make all japaese programs work fine and fixes issues for unzipping files etc

TheIron

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Or just change your region to use Japanese for Unicode programs. I have been running thing way for a long time and has little effect and make all japaese programs work fine and fixes issues for unzipping files etc
okay so woul you explain me how i change the region ? :)