What's new

ACT [Kaijo] Nagai Yamiji - NOW ONLY $4.99

amgwtfover

Lurker
Reputation score
Re: [WIP] Nagai Yamiji (Demo available)

Graphics and animation quality is great.

Sound effects and background music fits well (though no SE for the oral?).

A game other than wolfenstahl which has forced blowjob in RoR? Sold.

2 Queries; Will there be tag team animations for enemy or single only? And I did laugh to myself when I heard the "leaving so soon?" quit message, did you grab the sounds off the webs or did you have a helper for custom voice? :p

yoyomo80

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Just started playing the demo, and right away I thought this after testing the controls. The Uppercut and Dive Kick should have some horizontal movement to them, so that you can effectively use them while fighting enemies

Shadowgungc

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Okay i must be missing something how do you make the second jump after the first zombie? no mater how many times i try i just cant make the jump cause i stop moving as as soon as it press the jump key.

OP
Kajio

Kajio

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Graphics and animation quality is great.

Sound effects and background music fits well (though no SE for the oral?).

A game other than wolfenstahl which has forced blowjob in RoR? Sold.

2 Queries; Will there be tag team animations for enemy or single only? And I did laugh to myself when I heard the "leaving so soon?" quit message, did you grab the sounds off the webs or did you have a helper for custom voice? :p
Only SFX for the zombie sex at the moment. The H-animations are next on the to-do list, haha.

There are currently two "tag-team" animations. One from the Ethereal Hands, and another from the Nematodes.

And I did have a great voice actor for all the voices :3

The Uppercut and Dive Kick should have some horizontal movement
I'll try that out :)

Okay i must be missing something how do you make the second jump after the first zombie? no mater how many times i try i just cant make the jump cause i stop moving as as soon as it press the jump key.
Are you holding the jump button? A quick tap will only make you hop a bit, whereas holding it for the whole jump lets you leap rather far.

Shadowgungc

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

The problem is when i press the jump key I lose all forwards momentum, like when you start moving you take a tiny little stuttering step forwards before you start walking.

OP
Kajio

Kajio

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

The problem is when i press the jump key I lose all forwards momentum, like when you start moving you take a tiny little stuttering step forwards before you start walking.
Strange... Try assigning different controls (in the options menu you can set your keybindings) and see if it's still a problem.

gruunt

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

'Ere ya go, boy.
Thanks.

after playing a bit, the only real problem I have is that platforming needs to be tighter (I had some trouble jumping on narrow platforms because the girl kept sliding off of them after I landed). Everything else is pretty good. Especially the sprites, great job on that.

OP
Kajio

Kajio

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Thanks.

after playing a bit, the only real problem I have is that platforming needs to be tighter (I had some trouble jumping on narrow platforms because the girl kept sliding off of them after I landed). Everything else is pretty good. Especially the sprites, great job on that.
Is it the moving platforms you're having troubles with? Because it should be noted that you conserve momentum on them, unlike most platformers, e.g. if you jump straight up while on them, you'll follow it's path, so you'll land back on it in the same spot. So that might cause some difficulty for those used to typical platformer physics :p

If it's not them, what parts were you having difficulty with?

EDIT: Well I'm hitting the hay, and I've got work in the morning (maybe all day long, we'll see, haha). So I'll answer any other questions/address bugs sometime tomorrow :) Enjoy the demo in the mean time! Thanks for everyone's support so far!

gruunt

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Is it the moving platforms you're having troubles with? Because it should be noted that you conserve momentum on them, unlike most platformers, e.g. if you jump straight up while on them, you'll follow it's path, so you'll land back on it in the same spot. So that might cause some difficulty for those used to typical platformer physics :p

If it's not them, what parts were you having difficulty with?

EDIT: Well I'm hitting the hay, and I've got work in the morning (maybe all day long, we'll see, haha). So I'll answer any other questions/address bugs sometime tomorrow :) Enjoy the demo in the mean time! Thanks for everyone's support so far!
Some kind of stationary pillar in the mansion somewhere. the girl had so much momentum that I kept sliding off even when I wasn't pressing anything after landing.

Also, I would suggest having less of the "rolling wall jump" segments, after playing through a few of those, my fingers started killing me and I had to stop playing.

Shadowgungc

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Strange... Try assigning different controls (in the options menu you can set your keybindings) and see if it's still a problem.
yeah worked like a charm, thanks for the idea

TwilitFeather

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

My demo test consisted of trying out nintendo hard, then to baiting the dog to pounce away from me so I could spell shoot it and jump back up without being harmed, screwing up once and seeing a dog become a zombie o_O, and then grinding off of the larger slime.

Looks great so far. Seems adding pts to magic power is an easy best choice at the moment though. Lets you shred enemies safely at a distance.

The platforming looks rather hard, but that's fine with me.

cybeast

Lurker
Reputation score

Trying to play the demo (v.03), I can barely move at all (holding left/right button only moves her slightly), and I can't jump past the first obstacle. Any help? :(

Rule 34

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

You had me at Lovecraftian.

simplyfilgaia

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I know I generally lurk, but I feel this needs said. For the love of God, if she is going to slide that much after each jump, please make the snapper plant platforms bigger. I cannot tell you how many times I fell down that damn room with the snappers leading into a wall jump section. The best/worst part though? After conquering the left wall and leaping down, not realizing that there was nothing to catch me but a single snapper. Which I missed. And then had to spend 10 minutes repeating the entire room before I got back there, hit the snapper, jumped up the next wall.

And fucking fell at the last jump.

Also? A save point after there would have been nice. I'm sure there was one around somewhere, but I couldn't find it before attrition managed to kill me.

Last edited:

Shadowgungc

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Trying to play the demo (v.03), I can barely move at all (holding left/right button only moves her slightly), and I can't jump past the first obstacle. Any help? :(
change the key bindings, that solved the problem for me

cybeast

Lurker
Reputation score

change the key bindings, that solved the problem for me
Thanks, will try :D

edit: it works, but I got freeze when I enter the castle area :(

Last edited:

Zanara

Lurker
Reputation score

The demo is great, and kept my full attention for nearly 3 hours before getting tired. I highly approve of the lighting effects, it gives it an eerie atmosphere, and the glowing from projectiles is also a nice touch. I do have one question, and one minor complaint.
First, the question; when you are knocked down and a dog pounces on you, it seems to magically change into a zombie, then back into a dog when you escape. I assume this is a placeholder animation?

And the complaint...the platforming. dear god, the platforming. I can easily do the first cave, and the dash area..but the from the point on where you get the dive ability those chandelers, leaf-platforms, and tiny pillars are just right out. The few times I do make jumps I tend to slide off doe to momentum/the roll after diving. Would it be possible to either lower slide distance, or widen the platforms a bit?

OP
Kajio

Kajio

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Thanks, will try :D

edit: it works, but I got freeze when I enter the castle area :(
That might be the music loading. You'll get a small pause before the music loads (it should continue after a while, but if you try to exit out or something it might say it's unresponsive). Alternatively there's an option under "sound" in the start menus to preload all the music so there's no lag in-game.

Let me know if that works for you.

couple peeps said:
Dog turns to zombie
Known issue, I haven't implemented most of the H-animations yet (still a few I need to actually animate, haha). They will be added in a release or two.

bunch o' people said:
Platforming is too hard
Y'all are a bunch of babies, haha, but I'll see what I can do to make things a bit easier ;P Maybe reduce sliding on the easier difficulties? I'll definitely keep it this hard for "hard" and "nintendo hard" (since it's hard for a reason, after all), but I'll tone it down for "easy" and "normal" a bit.

How's the combat difficulty for everyone, btw? Is leveling up satisfactory, too fast, too slow? Thinking I need to nerf how much INT boosts your damage.

UnexpectedTwist

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Like everyone else, the platforming has been a bit frustrating. I like platformers, so I do my best to keep at it. I don't mind the sliding too much, but the wall jumping was where it got challenging for me. Mostly on the first one after you get the ability. I can't tell you how many times that stupid laser interrupted my wall climbing. As for combat, it was pretty good. Other than my attacks missing a few times, which I'm not that used to, it's been pretty good. I've gotten game overs more to the stage hazards (plant platforms, tentacle grass, lasers) than I did with the enemies. I gotta say at the beginning, the little slimes were tricky at first because my punches wouldn't hit them unless they jumped at me. But so far, so good. Other than some challenging wall jumping parts, the game's been great so far. Anxious to see how it progresses.

FruitSmoothie

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Add a list of known issues to the main post so people stop complaining about the same things over and over? I mean they're not going to read it and continue anyways, but then you can yell at them for not reading the entire whopping 2 pages in this thread so far AND the main post. (Dog to zombie, hue)