What's new

ACT [Kaijo] Nagai Yamiji - NOW ONLY $4.99

OP
Kajio

Kajio

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
Re: [WIP] Nagai Yamiji (Demo available)

Sorry i forgot to say i did try clicking "ignore" but that same error immediately comes up no matter how many times i click it.
Alrighty, well the only other thing to try if you haven't already is running the game as Administrator. Other than that I have one idea and I'll post an updated version with it sometime tonight.

Seis

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Tried running as admin, same error.

FWIW from playing v0.3 i like the game so far!

laugh

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Hey, Just have to say I enjoyed the demo of the game. I also find that adding the wall slide helps wall jumping a fair bit.

But I keep finding this problem where wall jumping will just break for no apparent reason and the only way to fix it is to just reload the game.

Actually happened the first time I got the wall jump rune, I thought there was an issue but saw no one else speaking about it so I opened the game again, got the rune again and it worked fine.

Also from a personal point, I know adding the wall slide actually made it possible/easier to get past some of the wall jump lasers.

For example when you go for the boss rune piece in the lower area and need to wall jump with the laser right down the centre, plus one of those 'plant' shooters at the top. I just get absolutely frustrated because:
a) The initial jump to get to the high wall is hard without precision (unless I'm doing something wrong)
b) Soon as anything hits the character that small knock-back just ruins any progress and I cannot recover.

OP
Kajio

Kajio

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Tried running as admin, same error.

FWIW from playing v0.3 i like the game so far!
Alrighty well that's good! There's not a HUGE amount changed from .3 to .4

Hey, Just have to say I enjoyed the demo of the game. I also find that adding the wall slide helps wall jumping a fair bit.

But I keep finding this problem where wall jumping will just break for no apparent reason and the only way to fix it is to just reload the game.

Actually happened the first time I got the wall jump rune, I thought there was an issue but saw no one else speaking about it so I opened the game again, got the rune again and it worked fine.

Also from a personal point, I know adding the wall slide actually made it possible/easier to get past some of the wall jump lasers.

For example when you go for the boss rune piece in the lower area and need to wall jump with the laser right down the centre, plus one of those 'plant' shooters at the top. I just get absolutely frustrated because:
a) The initial jump to get to the high wall is hard without precision (unless I'm doing something wrong)
b) Soon as anything hits the character that small knock-back just ruins any progress and I cannot recover.
Well I'm glad that the sliding seemed to help. The walljumping stopping working has to be something with GM, there's no reason that would happen due to a code glitch or anything. I'll try looking for a solution to it, but really I think we're just going to be stuck with it :\

I'm going to redesign a little bit of that lower section, since that seems to be a little too difficult for people.

pups0901

Reputation score

Hi Kajio! I really like the new game that you are working on, but I just have a little off topic question: Are you still planning to make more H-flash game in the future? I really like your style and if you ever plan to make more, you can try to sale them on the DL site.

Anyway, keep up the good work dude!

shortstaff

Reputation score

I installed two versions of Nagai Yamiji, and in both, I had the same problem.

Movement was so clunky that I couldn't maneuver my way out of the small starting hole at the beginning of the game.

Left and Right movement would have a delay of 2 seconds before it reacted, and everything else halts movement completely.

Windows 7 64-Bit, Japanese characters/encoding enabled/installed.

If anyone else had this problem and found a way to resolve it, please share. I tried for a good while, and skimmed through all the comments and reviews I could find. I attempted forcing the game into windowed mode as well, and restarting it + my computer, but to no avail.

Fluttershy

Reputation score

Movement was so clunky that I couldn't maneuver my way out of the small starting hole at the beginning of the game.

Left and Right movement would have a delay of 2 seconds before it reacted, and everything else halts movement completely.

If anyone else had this problem and found a way to resolve it, please share. I tried for a good while, and skimmed through all the comments and reviews I could find. I attempted forcing the game into windowed mode as well, and restarting it + my computer, but to no avail.
unplug your 360/pc controller

reaper89

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Yea mate I've got that problem too, and I'm on a laptop, when I press enter on the controls to change them it automatically put in the up key like its being constantly pressed. I've tried using a separate keyboard but still no go. Any help out there people?

OP
Kajio

Kajio

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Hi Kajio! I really like the new game that you are working on, but I just have a little off topic question: Are you still planning to make more H-flash game in the future? I really like your style and if you ever plan to make more, you can try to sale them on the DL site.

Anyway, keep up the good work dude!
At the moment I don't have any real plans to, but it's not impossible that I'd do some more of them. Nothing I could do with them seemed to turn any profit though, so if I do make more it'll have to be when I've got enough sales from Nagai or other games to stay afloat for a while.

Yea mate I've got that problem too, and I'm on a laptop, when I press enter on the controls to change them it automatically put in the up key like its being constantly pressed. I've tried using a separate keyboard but still no go. Any help out there people?
I'm getting really peeved with this problems people are having... Because by any and all accounts they are completely GMStudio's fault. The controls work fine on both my computer, my brother's, and my friend's, so it's also impossible for me to reproduce these problems so the only way for my to test for them is to release a new version and have y'all test it out. Tedious.

Sigh, but I really want to help y'all out, and make sure that the game works for everyone (or as close to everyone as I can reasonably achieve). I haven't actually tried resorting to googling to see if other people are having this same issue, haha, which is a little stupid of me.

I don't want to release the game until these issues are resolved... hang in there people!

nossiob

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

i have to say the controls are shit...sorry but im not able to jump out of the first hole after u start the game cuz if im running im not able to jump and if im jumping im not able to control where i want to jump to.....and that makes me sad and its annoying like hell >.<

OP
Kajio

Kajio

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

i have to say the controls are shit...sorry but im not able to jump out of the first hole after u start the game cuz if im running im not able to jump and if im jumping im not able to control where i want to jump to.....and that makes me sad and its annoying like hell >.<
Like I said in my last post, it's an issue with GM not being compatible or some stupid shit. There's nothing wrong with my coding, it works on every computer I can test it on.

I've just got an updated version of Studio, so hopefully that'll help some. I'll be uploading another version here in a bit, so hopefully it'll work better, but I can only hope.

OP
Kajio

Kajio

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

HOLY SHIT LOL THAT WAS THE PROBLEM, THANKS
Haha oh well I'm glad that worked for you! :)

Well I put up V0.4.2, so maybe that'll have controls that work for more people... Not sure, since I can't test it, but if you were having problems, please give it a shot. It should also have the problem fixed with the missing surface and the graphical problems

Last edited:

kittenmittens

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I'd strongly suggest you remove the stun from projectiles from the easy difficulty level. I think that alone would make some of the tougher platforming sections much easier to deal with, where you have to time wall jumps between lasers and plant spit etc., and thus make the game a lot more appealing to people who aren't very good at platformers.

I consider myself one of those people, and after maybe 5 minutes of the demo I was just grinding enemies and pumping all my points into health and luck so that eventually I'd get a mid air dodge on the trickier projectiles and not even have to worry about timing it, since the enemies provide no challenge even without increasing your other attributes (which I assume are for melee and magic damage). As for the platforming mechanics themselves, I didn't have any trouble with the wall jump - if anything the biggest problem for me was failing to do a long jump just after sprinting sometimes, and other times doing a long jump when I wasn't trying to sprint, as well as just blatantly sprinting off ledges I was trying to ease up against.

I eventually made it through everything except the optional section with some kind of yellow item as the prize right after you acquire the blue spell, because I was about to throw my keyboard through my monitor after the Nth attempt at the final jump - the final jump didn't even seem like a very difficult part compared to the rest, it's just that all the work required to get there made it unbelievably frustrating every time I failed it, since there's no chance to trial and error through it without going through the entire gauntlet of laser beam moving platform tentacle avoiding jumps first.

The boss was horrifyingly easy, even moreso when I discovered its lack of H attack allowed me to just play possum by hitting space whenever he came down to bite, though I imagine that won't be included in the full release anyway. Speaking of the boss's H attack; as tempting as it must be to make a giant penis snake's animation vore related, I really dislike when games force obscure fetishes on you in boss fights. I'm all for diversity in animations when you've got a bunch of lesser monsters to work in, but boss animations should really appeal to a wider audience since it's harder to avoid them and you generally shouldn't want to avoid seeing a boss' animations - kinda defeats the purpose of having boss monsters in an H game. Maybe you didn't plan on it anyway, but when you mentioned vore animations earlier this was my first thought.

Anyway, that's my feedback. I generally don't like sprite animations but these are really well done, and the gameplay is pretty solid, so I'll definitely be picking this up when it's released, especially if you stick with such a reasonable price point.

PS what is that yellow rune I didn't get, it's really been bugging me. If it's just another +3 random attribute that doesn't matter, I'm glad I gave up on it, because I'm sure I would've flipped my desk :D

OP
Kajio

Kajio

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

I'd strongly suggest you remove the stun from projectiles from the easy difficulty level. I think that alone would make some of the tougher platforming sections much easier to deal with, where you have to time wall jumps between lasers and plant spit etc., and thus make the game a lot more appealing to people who aren't very good at platformers.

I consider myself one of those people, and after maybe 5 minutes of the demo I was just grinding enemies and pumping all my points into health and luck so that eventually I'd get a mid air dodge on the trickier projectiles and not even have to worry about timing it, since the enemies provide no challenge even without increasing your other attributes (which I assume are for melee and magic damage). As for the platforming mechanics themselves, I didn't have any trouble with the wall jump - if anything the biggest problem for me was failing to do a long jump just after sprinting sometimes, and other times doing a long jump when I wasn't trying to sprint, as well as just blatantly sprinting off ledges I was trying to ease up against.

I eventually made it through everything except the optional section with some kind of yellow item as the prize right after you acquire the blue spell, because I was about to throw my keyboard through my monitor after the Nth attempt at the final jump - the final jump didn't even seem like a very difficult part compared to the rest, it's just that all the work required to get there made it unbelievably frustrating every time I failed it, since there's no chance to trial and error through it without going through the entire gauntlet of laser beam moving platform tentacle avoiding jumps first.

The boss was horrifyingly easy, even moreso when I discovered its lack of H attack allowed me to just play possum by hitting space whenever he came down to bite, though I imagine that won't be included in the full release anyway. Speaking of the boss's H attack; as tempting as it must be to make a giant penis snake's animation vore related, I really dislike when games force obscure fetishes on you in boss fights. I'm all for diversity in animations when you've got a bunch of lesser monsters to work in, but boss animations should really appeal to a wider audience since it's harder to avoid them and you generally shouldn't want to avoid seeing a boss' animations - kinda defeats the purpose of having boss monsters in an H game. Maybe you didn't plan on it anyway, but when you mentioned vore animations earlier this was my first thought.

Anyway, that's my feedback. I generally don't like sprite animations but these are really well done, and the gameplay is pretty solid, so I'll definitely be picking this up when it's released, especially if you stick with such a reasonable price point.

PS what is that yellow rune I didn't get, it's really been bugging me. If it's just another +3 random attribute that doesn't matter, I'm glad I gave up on it, because I'm sure I would've flipped my desk :D
I could certainly see about reducing the stun on easy, since I think completely eliminating it would make things TOO easy. but idk, I'll try it out and see how it works without a stun.

Yeah the actual enemies aren't really a challenge, the focus on this game with the platforming. I'm kinda planning in my next game to make the platforming easier and the enemies harder, see how that works out.

Yeah that yellow rune would have just been a +3 bonus rune. I think it's decently obvious which of the runes you NEED to collect to progress and which ones are just off to the side as an extra.

I am going to take out the hitting space to faint in the full game, and instead have it only in the gallery mode. And yeah, the wyrm's animation/CG were going to be vore-related. If you can think of something better I'll consider it, but I think that works well and has pretty much been the plan since I first conceived the boss. I think there's plenty of vanilla sex in the game (to me anyway), so I think a little spice for a boss isn't a bad thing. Just my opinion though, naturally some people aren't going to dig the vore.

Anyway, thanks for the input!

Seis

Demon Girl
Reputation score

New update fixed my error, thanks!

OP
Kajio

Kajio

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

New update fixed my error, thanks!
Great it hear! Now if only the controls were working for everyone...

OP
Kajio

Kajio

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

TL;DR: If you have problems with the controls, try this version and tell me if the display shows what keys you're pressing properly.

Okay to get a better understanding as to what's wrong with the controls I'm releasing another update for those who are having issues.

This version has slight changes to the control code, but the main difference is that there's a display showing what keys are being registered.

When you press a key, the display will flash solid red, and as long as you hold that key it will show a soft red. If you're not holding the key, it will be clear.

So what I want you to do is test this version, and see if the display accurately shows what keys you're pressing and holding. If not, see which ones don't react properly, and under what circumstances.

If your controls are working, then don't bother with this update as there shouldn't be any other changes.

If by some miracle the slight tweak to the control code actually fixed the problem, let me know about that too, because I would just shit.

Download:

someguy1212

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

I'm curious, is it possible to use a save from a previous version of the game? perhaps one from the versions of the game where you didn't need to install it?

Lozagal

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

You have my upvote. One thing: increase the movement acceleration. Right now it feels almost like walking on ice.

Also, the walljumping is seriously shit. You need to improve that. Why not replace the roll button with up + jump?

Last edited: