What's new

RPG NTR [Makura cover soft] 魔剣士リーネ2/ Leane of Legitimate Crown (RJ194521)

Cupio

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
Yeah, Baroque seems to have an inferiority complex towards Ares... he's an arrogant prick, but he seems to know, deep down, that Area is better than he is, smarter than he is, and all-around more capable.

He knows full well that if Ares really tried, he could depose Baroque without much trouble. But during the war Baroque knows he needs Ares' abilities or his kingdom is doomed, so he can't afford to get rid of Ares.

But Ares is just too damned loyal to the throne and the idea of the king as an absolute ruler to ever go against Baroque.

Of course if Ares did have a spine that would kind of undermine the NTR angle the game is centered on, so of course he's characterized that way.
Lol, sure bro, if that makes you feel better. Baroque is a selfish asshole for sure but he don't have any malicious agenda, his only agenda is to create as many strong heirs as possible, as a lack of heirs was why the previous king failed. As a selfish prick, he feels that he can take whatever he wants cuz he's king, which is actually pretty realistic; he honestly could care less abut Ares as long as Ares bring results.

He actually fully recognizes and and is appreciative of Ares' abilities, which is why he wants Ares to marry his sister, the only girl he won't touch cuz even he won't go THAT far. Ironically, Ares has no issues fucking his own sister.

habisain

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Lol, sure bro, if that makes you feel better. Baroque is a selfish asshole for sure but he don't have any malicious agenda, his only agenda is to create as many strong heirs as possible, as a lack of heirs was why the previous king failed. As a selfish prick, he feels that he can take whatever he wants cuz he's king, which is actually pretty realistic; he honestly could care less abut Ares as long as Ares bring results.

He actually fully recognizes and and is appreciative of Ares' abilities, which is why he wants Ares to marry his sister, the only girl he won't touch cuz even he won't go THAT far. Ironically, Ares has no issues fucking his own sister.
It's been a while since I played the game, but Baroque is a really malicious git. I seem to remember him being the one who killed Ludwig, because he wanted to be King. (EDIT: Seems I got this wrong) Further, once the war is over, Baroque tries to kill Ares in cold blood because Baroque recognised the army is probably more loyal to Ares than Baroque and thus Ares could topple the kingdom if he wanted. The fact that Ares is (hopelessly) loyal to the kingdom and wouldn't do that is irrelevant to Baroque. Basically Baroque killed to get on the throne, and he tried to kill to make sure he'd stay on the throne. The reason why Baroque wanted Ares to marry his sister (Chloe) is because he thought that if Ares was married to Chloe, Ares would be more loyal to him.

It's one of my peeves about the story - it's one thing for a King to be an absolute ruler, but Baroque is such a hopelessly bad King it beggars belief that no-one advises him to do otherwise - everyone, not just Ares, follows orders absolutely. I mean, Baroque undermines the war his kingdom is currently fighting so that he can have by recalling generals so he can have sex with them, or diverting war funds for the building of brothels. In history, Kings/Queens who undermined their own kingdom (especially in times of war) tended to get sidelined by their advisors. Or killed off by their advisors to put someone else on the throne.

I get its an NTR story, but that doesn't excuse the fact that there's no-one in the kingdom who objects to the more daft things Baroque orders.

EDIT: Fixed a mistake I made. I guess that's the tricks of memory and translating things badly.

Last edited:
Reputation score
I seem to remember him being the one who killed Ludwig, because he wanted to be King.
Baroque is a terrible ruler and does many terrible things, but I just replayed the prologue and no, I don't think he did that particular thing. Ludwig's death seems to be as big a surprise to him as anyone else. I don't think he realized he could legitimately take the throne until after Ludwig's death, since the inheritance crest didn't appear on him until the moment Ludwig was coronated.

he honestly could care less abut Ares as long as Ares bring results.
This idea is undermined by his immediately trying to kill Ares the moment the war is over, without Ares making a single move against him.

If I'm translating the dialogue correctly, it goes something like this:

Ares: "Please calm down! I would never betray you!"

Baroque: "You might say so, and in fact, I believe you truly mean that right now... but I can't trust you not to change. If you ever realize the power and influence you have, you might betray me. That's all the reason I need!"

Ironically, Ares has no issues fucking his own sister.
Actually, no he doesn't. At no point does he ever have sex with her. Even her "romance" route is more comedy than sexiness, with his sister just being too ridiculously innocent to understand why she can't take baths with him or sleep in his bed (Ares turns her away both times she tries that).

Last edited:

habisain

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Baroque is a terrible ruler and does many terrible things, but I just replayed the prologue and no, I don't think he did that particular thing. Ludwig's death seems to be as big a surprise to him as anyone else. I don't think he realized he could legitimately take the throne until after Ludwig's death, since the inheritance crest didn't appear on him until the moment Ludwig was coronated.
As I said, been a while since I played it - not to mention that I was substantially worse with Japanese when I did play it, so I might have gotten things a bit mixed up. I had the impression that some of Baroque's dialogue implicated him in Ludwig's death, but I certainly could've made a mistake so I stand corrected on that. As you said, still doesn't change the fact he's an arse.

jokerace

Reputation score
Yeah, Baroque seems to have an inferiority complex towards Ares... he's an arrogant prick, but he seems to know, deep down, that Ares is better than he is, smarter than he is, and all-around more capable.

He knows full well that if Ares really tried, he could depose Baroque without much trouble. But during the war Baroque knows he needs Ares' abilities or his kingdom is doomed, so he can't afford to get rid of Ares.

But Ares is just too damned loyal to the throne and the idea of the king as an absolute ruler to ever go against Baroque.

Of course if Ares did have a spine that would kind of undermine the NTR angle the game is centered on, so of course he's characterized that way.
It's one of my peeves about the story - it's one thing for a King to be an absolute ruler, but Baroque is such a hopelessly bad King it beggars belief that no-one advises him to do otherwise - everyone, not just Ares, follows orders absolutely. I mean, Baroque undermines the war his kingdom is currently fighting so that he can have by recalling generals so he can have sex with them, or diverting war funds for the building of brothels. In history, Kings/Queens who undermined their own kingdom (especially in times of war) tended to get sidelined by their advisors. Or killed off by their advisors to put someone else on the throne.
This idea is undermined by his immediately trying to kill Ares the moment the war is over, without Ares making a single move against him.

If I'm translating the dialogue correctly, it goes something like this:

Ares: "Please calm down! I would never betray you!"

Baroque: "You might say so, and in fact, I believe you truly mean that right now... but I can't trust you not to change. If you ever realize the power and influence you have, you might betray me. That's all the reason I need!"
The whole thing about Baroque becoming nervous about the sheer amount of loyalty Ares holds over the army seems kinda realistic to me tbh. There are a huge amount of stories throughout the history of Rome, China, India and Japan where a monarch will have one extremely skilled and loyal general that manages to accomplish everything ever given to them and basically gives the ruler their empire, only for the ruler to then try to destroy that very same loyal general because they are seen as too powerful due to being heroes of the country for their great feats. Some of those monarchs were even as wasteful with the kingdom or empire's resources as Baroque is.
Ironically, Ares has no issues fucking his own sister.
Actually, no he doesn't. At no point does he ever have sex with her. Even her "romance" route is more comedy than sexiness, with his sister just being too ridiculously innocent to understand why she can't take baths with him or sleep in his bed (Ares turns her away both times she tries that).
Yeah, Ares has no interest in his sister, though his sister may or may not have a brother complex depending on how her last scene with her masturbating is translated.

Last edited:

habisain

Tentacle God
Reputation score
The whole thing about Baroque becoming nervous about the sheer amount of loyalty Ares holds over the army seems kinda realistic to me tbh. There are a huge amount of stories throughout the history of Rome, China, India and Japan where a monarch will have one extremely skilled and loyal general that manages to accomplish everything ever given to them and basically gives the ruler their empire, only for the ruler to then try to destroy that very same loyal general because they are seen as too powerful due to being heroes of the country for their great feats. Some of those monarchs were even as wasteful with the kingdom or empire's resources as Baroque is.
I think the main point of difference with what you describe is that Leane has a medieval setting, and I don't think that type of story happened in medieval Europe. Nor did it happen in Rome, I think. In fact, the only historical example I can think of would be Yue Fei (and even then Yue Fei was executed not for being popular, but because the war he was prosecuting might have resulted in the repatriation of someone with a better claim to the throne than the current emperor). I mean, there are a lot of examples that come close, like Magnus Maximus, but most of the popular generals who got executed actually started an insurrection or some other betrayal before getting executed by the unpopular ruler. Historically, most of the time a ruler is happy to have a loyal and popular general, because a popular and loyal general sings the praises of the ruler even when the ruler isn't deserving of that praise.

There's certainly the potential for a cultural disconnect though, especially if there are more folklore-ish tails of bad rulers in Japan and Leane takes inspiration from those, but if there are then I'm not familiar with them (which is to be expected, as I tend to be more interested in the supernatural elements of folklore).

ordeup2

Reputation score
My main problem with the game is that Baroque is actually not ugly enough and not malicious enough for my tastes haha...

Syq

Lurker
Reputation score
Anyone have 100% save and care to share?? I unlocked Leane ending and its too much hassle (for me at least) to unlock others.

One thing is nice : when Baroque dies at end of game

Last edited:

Ericridge

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Ok so I"ve been playing this game for abit, I got to the point where baroque became king despite my attempts to have him killed in the dark cave by leaving him captured in there and progressed the story. I went and stabbed kasim until he died and then three emo priests in the priestland raised an grey army and I went and killed them all.

I"m just now wondering where is the hentai for ares? And how do I kill baroque so i can have my harem. Do I purposely lose badly to the red army in the east and let them take diamond city and kill the king so I can mount an rally and retake the diamond city but fail to save barqoue in time and then I can enjoy my girls at last?

And it is the Hawk that Kills Ludwig? If I don't recruit Hawk then Ludwig's death is prevented? I do recall a guy i saw earlier on but disappeared real quick.

What happens if I piss off Baroque? like make him so frustated?

Last edited:

jokerace

Reputation score
And it is the Hawk that Kills Ludwig? If I don't recruit Hawk then Ludwig's death is prevented? I do recall a guy i saw earlier on but disappeared real quick.
Hawk joins regardless because he is an assassin and one of the three people you need to beat to take down the empire opposing you. There isn't a way to prevent Ludwig's death.
What happens if I piss off Baroque? like make him so frustated?
He begins demanding even more money and girls the longer he goes without meeting his target for number of children born. Intentionally angering him by constantly demanding he lower his budget makes him more likely to forcibly raise his number of required girls in his harem (which you can meet by upgrading the size of his harem building or by giving him one of your virgin female commanders) and try to take what girls you have active by sending his guards.

It's also best to upgrade the harem buildings in the areas around the king if you don't want NTR and have the extra money because he occasionally moves spots and that will remove the bonus from the harem building until you build it in the new area. I would recommend rushing the gold mines so you don't have to worry about money.
I"m just now wondering where is the hentai for ares? And how do I kill baroque so i can have my harem. Do I purposely lose badly to the red army in the east and let them take diamond city and kill the king so I can mount an rally and retake the diamond city but fail to save barqoue in time and then I can enjoy my girls at last?
The hentai for Ares is at the end of the love route for the girl you've entered the route of. Ares doesn't have a harem ending. Each girl available has a love stat in their status screen. Getting that high enough and fulfilling the quests they give you, if they have any, unlocks another scene. There is an Ares hentai scene for each girl at the end of their love route. There are two girls who do not have a love stat immediately and you have to unlock them. I can tell you which two and how to get them if you'd like.

You can't kill Baroque. Killing Baroque just leads to a game over.

Ericridge

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Hawk joins regardless because he is an assassin and one of the three people you need to beat to take down the empire opposing you. There isn't a way to prevent Ludwig's death.

He begins demanding even more money and girls the longer he goes without meeting his target for number of children born. Intentionally angering him by constantly demanding he lower his budget makes him more likely to forcibly raise his number of required girls in his harem (which you can meet by upgrading the size of his harem building or by giving him one of your virgin female commanders) and try to take what girls you have active by sending his guards.

It's also best to upgrade the harem buildings in the areas around the king if you don't want NTR and have the extra money because he occasionally moves spots and that will remove the bonus from the harem building until you build it in the new area. I would recommend rushing the gold mines so you don't have to worry about money.

The hentai for Ares is at the end of the love route for the girl you've entered the route of. Ares doesn't have a harem ending. Each girl available has a love stat in their status screen. Getting that high enough and fulfilling the quests they give you, if they have any, unlocks another scene. There is an Ares hentai scene for each girl at the end of their love route. There are two girls who do not have a love stat immediately and you have to unlock them. I can tell you which two and how to get them if you'd like.

You can't kill Baroque. Killing Baroque just leads to a game over.

Hmm, i see, thanks. I'm kinda disappointed. The Game is pretty fun otherwise tho. Some of most annoying enemies for me was the heavy knight in assassin class. That 50 spd. xD And then the demonknight. Tho demon knight went down quick when i decided to go after the priestland to recruit their priests and used them to nuke him.

How do I know which quests and get their love stat rise? Because from what i've been seeing, Its hard to see it because its in japanese i guess. And which option will make it so that the baroque takes only generic concubines and leave my generals alone? I So I just upgrade the harem building everywhere or what? Or is it an option in the conversation?

Reputation score
To keep Baroque occupied, upgrade the harem at any town he's likely to go to. If he's got plenty of generic concubines he'll never demand your girls. As long as the crown button on the top of the screen is either green or blue he'll be satisfied.

To raise a girl's love stat: use her in battle a whole lot, rescue her from the enemy if she gets captured, give her lots of items as gifts. Talk with her every so often to trigger events as her love stat rises (Ares has to be in the same town for this to work).

Be warned: if Baroque does demand a girl, he will always go for whichever girl has the highest love stat with you first.

kenjifire1

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
If anyone is still playing this game this site: has the most in-dept guide, it's in japanese so just use web browser built-in translatation. Game wiki has everything to individual walkthrough for each heroine, how to get some of the high-tier class, ending guide, etc. Helped me a lot when I was playing through the game, Like some heroines has weird requirements like Dorothy mage her love stat is hidden till you raise it high enough.

On a different note, I miss playing this game It's just so unique. I wish more H-Games has strategy gameplay, Too many cookie cutter turn-based battle. After dev new game, I hope they make Leane 3.

Ericridge

Tentacle God
Reputation score
To keep Baroque occupied, upgrade the harem at any town he's likely to go to. If he's got plenty of generic concubines he'll never demand your girls. As long as the crown button on the top of the screen is either green or blue he'll be satisfied.

To raise a girl's love stat: use her in battle a whole lot, rescue her from the enemy if she gets captured, give her lots of items as gifts. Talk with her every so often to trigger events as her love stat rises (Ares has to be in the same town for this to work).

Be warned: if Baroque does demand a girl, he will always go for whichever girl has the highest love stat with you first.
hmm well.. It seems that the Harem capacity that I can upgrade is to the max of level 6. Meanwhile the crown number is like 12/5. It feels like i'm just wasting my gold doing it. And then I go into the harem place and change capacity so I press teh up arrow and it goes from 4 to 5. I cann't increase it further.

Reputation score
How early on in the game are you (since Baroque become King, that is)? Because it takes some time for generic concubines to actually show up in the harem even after you've upgraded the facilities.

If he has enough sons fast enough, he'll eventually start lowering the number of concubines he demands.

It's not impossible to keep up with his demands... even on Black difficulty where his libido is through the roof.

In your situation though... sounds like you may have to let him have a couple of heroines for a while. You can send the ones you don't need to his harem in order to keep him away from the ones you really need to be out fighting.

Ericridge

Tentacle God
Reputation score
How early on in the game are you (since Baroque become King, that is)? Because it takes some time for generic concubines to actually show up in the harem even after you've upgraded the facilities.

If he has enough sons fast enough, he'll eventually start lowering the number of concubines he demands.

It's not impossible to keep up with his demands... even on Black difficulty where his libido is through the roof.

In your situation though... sounds like you may have to let him have a couple of heroines for a while. You can send the ones you don't need to his harem in order to keep him away from the ones you really need to be out fighting.
I restarted a new game and it went much more smoother this timea roudn because i understand it more than before and i have alot of generic recruits now thanks to it.
Well I made it all the way to the southeast this time around cuz i wanted to go through a different path from the last time and met that lonely isolated castle city. I just started the invasion of hippia's monster empire so pretty early i guess. Then I went and attacked an vampire in the opposing city with beatrice and then the game crashed. Welp. Now i'm back at teh beginning ofthe counter invasion and i just lot an generic recruit i discovered through scouting.

Cleanfeel

Demon Girl
Reputation score
It's been a while since I played the game, but Baroque is a really malicious git. I seem to remember him being the one who killed Ludwig, because he wanted to be King. (EDIT: Seems I got this wrong) Further, once the war is over, Baroque tries to kill Ares in cold blood because Baroque recognised the army is probably more loyal to Ares than Baroque and thus Ares could topple the kingdom if he wanted. The fact that Ares is (hopelessly) loyal to the kingdom and wouldn't do that is irrelevant to Baroque. Basically Baroque killed to get on the throne, and he tried to kill to make sure he'd stay on the throne. The reason why Baroque wanted Ares to marry his sister (Chloe) is because he thought that if Ares was married to Chloe, Ares would be more loyal to him.

I get its an NTR story, but that doesn't excuse the fact that there's no-one in the kingdom who objects to the more daft things Baroque orders.

EDIT: Fixed a mistake I made. I guess that's the tricks of memory and translating things badly.
Great points. A good system to have is to let you rebel after making a series of choices. Then you can have the harem ending you want as Ares. The game is heavily mod-able.

jokerace

Reputation score
Great points. A good system to have is to let you rebel after making a series of choices. Then you can have the harem ending you want as Ares. The game is heavily mod-able.
Yeah. Too bad there's not anyone with the combination of interest and ability to make a mod for the game. It's a pretty cool system and I'd certainly play a rebel mod or any other mod for it.

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score
Isn't the big point of this game the NTR? At least from and adult-content perspective. Which is pretty much why I've no interest in it.

A rebel mod would essentially strip all that out, right? I mean, wouldn't it make more sense to just play a game that isn't NTR focused?