What's new

[WIP - Full] [RJ133508] Knight of Flame Lily Akos [WIP] Update 23/09/17 (50% complete!)

shmjtty

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Re: [RJ133508] Knight of Flame Lily Akos [WIP]

Got it, thanks for such a thorough explanation. I'll keep an eye out for any non-dialogue bits that aren't translated.

rizo

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

I tried doing what you said but when I run RPGTrans i Add the game.exe but it won't find the patch archive zip file. I tried extracting it to a folder and directing it to the RPGTrans file but it doesn't show the file... Am I doing something wrong? If so can you point me in the right direction.

OP
squark

squark

Tentacle God
Reputation score

As much as humanly possible avoid using the RPGMKTRANSPATCH file on its own. It only half-worked. Trying again by copying over the patch folder this time...
It appears I have entered bizarro-land. The UI Menu is still undone. But everything else I've done still seems a-okay. Weird. I'm gonna go looking for it and see about fixing it.

It's happened to me a couple of times. I just tried again with a fresh copy. It didn't find the patch archive as they were in different folders. I directed it to the RPGMKTRANSPATCH file in the uncompressed archive and it went on to show it would create a new folder.

As for why it didn't work...
Try moving the game itself to a different location. That seems to have worked on my end.

I forgot to mention: The patch is unusually large at the moment ~9MB worth.
It will take a while to patch, so be VERY patient. It shouldn't lock or freeze. When it does get to patching, go make some coffee or something and relax doing something else.

Last edited:

rizo

Reputation score

Okay got it working, I was having a brain fart moment.
Thanks for the reply, and I look forward to the finished product. :)

OP
squark

squark

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Whew. I was a little worried there.
Also, I've found the issue I was having with the UI Menu being not done. I'll have that in the next update.

torkenstiem

Tentacle God
Reputation score

outstanding job on this so far :)

shmjtty

Demon Girl
Reputation score

A few minor things I noticed while playing:

-The world map announcement for unlocking the Emerald Cave has a typo, saying "Emerald Csve". The spelling is correct in all other instances I've found.

-The item description for the Mission IV key item, given for undertaking Snowflake Mayor's Request, is untranslated.

-The special effect description (the orange text) for the Gigant Claw weapon is untranslated.

-The world map announcement for unlocking Larmthal is untranslated.

Last edited:
OP
squark

squark

Tentacle God
Reputation score

All fixed. The only one I have concerns about will be the map trigger for Lärmthal.

I'm having trouble with this line, and even Rikaichan isn't helping much:

これ、しゅごぉおぉお~~
これしゅごしゅぎぃぃいぃいい~~~

Something about "this guy", "things" and something else. First time Rikaichan hasn't helped me understand something practically unintelligible.

lazycat

Lurker
Reputation score

All fixed. The only one I have concerns about will be the map trigger for Lärmthal.

I'm having trouble with this line, and even Rikaichan isn't helping much:

これ、しゅごぉおぉお~~
これしゅごしゅぎぃぃいぃいい~~~

Something about "this guy", "things" and something else. First time Rikaichan hasn't helped me understand something practically unintelligible.
She's saying "kore, sugoi" (this is great/awesome) and "kore sugo sugiru" (this is too great/awesome) but in that lisping/ahegao sort of sound.

When there's that long of ~~~/repeated letters on the end, it's usually that sort of thing.

OP
squark

squark

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Thanks, lazycat. I owe you one for clearing up the strings of ~~~.
Patch update in opening post. If there are problems, or if it generates any errors or if I could have said something any better, let me know.

shmjtty

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Dunno if I just messed up patching the game, but when I booted up the translated exe I got this error message:

Attachments

rizo

Reputation score

Dunno if I just messed up patching the game, but when I booted up the translated exe I got this error message:
Got this aswell. Ended up redownloading the game and applying the patch to it and it worked.

esco

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I'm getting same error. I think we are using wrong game version.

OP
squark

squark

Tentacle God
Reputation score

No, you're not using the wrong version. I fucked up.
However, a couple of quick checks and I believe it to be fixed now.
Also fixed a couple of typos. However, Lärmthal Waterfront will remain untranslated for the time being.

esco

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Works like a charm now, thanks.

ImATree

Reputation score

Have I installed the right version?

I have installed the patch and everything is fine but whenever an enemy uses an attack called "dances lethargically" the game crashes.

the exact error I get is
---
Script 'Window_BattleLog' line 421: ArgumentError occurred.

too few arguments
---

OP
squark

squark

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Too few arguments? That's a new one on me. I'll run my transed version and see if it happens to me as well. Yep. There's something the Buff section in the Battle Log that Ruby doesn't like.
Moreover, is anyone else getting this bug?
Okay, well this is the section that seems to be causing the bug. I don't know much about Ruby, so can someone tell me what's wrong here?
Code:
  def display_buffs(target, buffs, fmt)
    buffs.each do |param_id|
      replace_text(sprintf(fmt, target.name, Vocab::param(param_id))) << line 421
      wait
    end
  end
It's something to do the Buff script as a whole (debuffing in particular). I've checked the Vocab script and it's all okay. If I can ever figure out what's wrong with this, it'll take a little while for insertion. Apologies again, I should have caught this one.

Last edited:

Key'

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

How long of this can you roughly play of translated content?

OP
squark

squark

Tentacle God
Reputation score

In its current state, I'd advise against it. Until I can get this error corrected, it may be wiser to wait. But to answer your question, the majority of text translated covers up to the "Power of the Flame" quest.

habisain

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I might not be able to sort out the bug in RPGMaker Trans that's preventing that one line of translation quite yet, but I can use the prototype Robotrans to spot some errors quickly.

Scripts.txt

Line 36: 0 %s's in translation, expected 1
Line 261: 3 %s's in translation, expected 2

Unless I've messed up in writing the rule, that should be all of them. It's highly likely that the line 261 problem is the cause of the current crash.