[Complete - Partial] [RJ145726] 二つの剣の物語 (Story of two Swords) v2.0

vestibule

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Full translation here: ulmf.org/threads/rj145726-a-tale-of-two-swords.11635/

Original thread: ulmf.org/bbs/showthread.php?t=26524
DLSite: dlsite.com/maniax/work/=/product_id/RJ145726.html

MEGA: #F!JGxwTIwC!IX90vkOXnlQETHy3v8t_zQ

As I would imagine is the case with many partials, this started out as a quick and dirty transation attempt for my own sake. I gradually worked on it, polished it, then realized that I might as well go all the way and pass it along.

All items, classes, skills, weapons, armor, and enemies have been translated. UI and most, if not all, non-story messages as well. I tried to get a few important lines here and there, mostly notifications of a new area on the map and most choices that I could find. For all intents and purposes, the story itself is still fully untranslated.

Note: A small handful of items are prefixed with [mt]. These are, as far as I could tell, plot specific key items for which the description requires story context to properly translate. Since I generally didn't know what the context was, I used the machine translation from whereever I got it (probably Google Translate).

Installation is standard RPG Maker VX Ace fare. Decrypt Game.rgss3a, then remove that file. Replace the files in the Data folder with the translated ones. More detailed steps in this guide: ulmf.org/bbs/showthread.php?t=28259
I also provided a translation of the image in the game's root detailing the bug fixing options.

Any and all feedback would be greatly appreciated. This was my first translation attempt and I'd be very surprised if I didn't miss (or break) something. Also took some liberties with some weapon/armor/monster names; could have horribly misnamed some otherwise well known mythological thing.

Lessons learned:
- Can't reference item IDs in text boxes in VX Ace. So. Many. Chests.
- People who think intuiting true meaning from machine translations have a rude awakening in their future.
- Renaming actors can break scripts. Some scripts actually compare actors to literal strings.
- One machine translation service is insufficient. Keep at least three on hand and be prepared to cross-reference.
- Might be a good idea to actually learn the language...

Last edited:

crazybat

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Re: [RJ145726] 二つの剣の物語 (Story of two Swords) v2.0

Ow looks nice Thank you.. how did i miss this one..

Mrgrgr!

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Re: [RJ145726] 二つの剣の物語 (Story of two Swords) v2.0

Damn I was so excited when I read the title but it's only a partial :((
This is one of the best games out there and it deserves a full translation.