What's new

Dark Gate OOC Thread

Asmodean

Lurker
Reputation score
Re: PbP Interest Check

What Kelyo said but... fire seems to help a lot with both of your problems... Just saying.

thetwo

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Yar, understood. In the mean time I've slightly re-written my bio and put down the framework for expanding it. The actual facts haven't changed, just the presentation thereof. And now that I think on it it'll need more changes later.

Asmodean

Lurker
Reputation score

Going to use this for OOC right now.

This all I see right now... : after killing my first monster :D:D:D

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Sorry about the lack of a full update earlier today, I got ambushed by potheads.

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score

Ok, so I guess I understand why Burnt's character is so strong, but does the character not have any of the normal classes?

thetwo

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I'm assuming it's basically a PC boss, and not on the same "side" as the rest of us or subject to the same set of abilities/classes.

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score

I was just wondering because burnt had several combat talents as well as a spirit talent that can't be acquired through a natural spirit talent.

DeMatt

Lurker
Reputation score

Um, just wanted to point out that chainmail's, um, generally made out of iron or steel.

So's splint and plate mail, for that matter.

Wouldn't Ivy's "Ironbane" kick in against that? I know it says "weapons", but you'd get a lot more exposure to iron, wearing a shirt made out of it rather than gripping a handle.

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

(I knew this was coming.)

Burnts character got a free Talent from every school (he turned down the Mind one though.) His character is a warrior, and he can't take any more Talents from the other Talent pools.

The race I came up with for him was based off of one of the enemies, the Fey Knight, which was one of the high tier enemies. Burnts character is basically going to walk around being guided by a bodiless NPC trying to save people.

Chainmail has leather underneath for padding, though I was thinking about that problem too, and I might make him change it to bramble armor.

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score

Ah, ok, I was just wondering how it worked. (By the way, you do currently have a different Fey Lord race in the list of player races. Do you intend to keep it there or remove it?)

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Ah, ok, I was just wondering how it worked. (By the way, you do currently have a different Fey Lord race in the list of player races. Do you intend to keep it there or remove it?)
That race represents the young members of the race, who are just coming into their power, while Toasts character is already fairly old, having been around at the last instance of demonic invasion. So, for now, I'm leaving that race there.

Loli Defense Force

Lili
RP Moderator
Reputation score

the problem with saying that you can ignore ironbane by wearing leather underneath it is kinda like saying you can wear evil armor as a good character by wearing leather underneath it :x

BurntToast

Lurker
Reputation score

I changed Ivy's armor to elven bramble armor. Problem solved.

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score

Cake for Everyone!

*Brings cake out of nowhere and sits it on a table that wasn't there 5 seconds ago.*

thetwo

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Cake? Why cake instead of pie?!

(No, of course I'm not naturally argumentative! What kind of a person would say that?)

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score

Cake has frosting.

Edit:
Darkwyn, given your low post count, I'm going to assume you aren't experienced tell you a small fact just in case you missed it (I may be wrong in my assumption, but it's better safe than sorry):

The 'Horny Slut' flaw is a roleplaying flaw and not a gameplay mechanics flaw. Therefore, it won't be that tass makes a roll to determine if your horny nature gives in and you decide to have sex, it's something you will decide on your own. (You'll likely be penalized if you don't in situations where tass thinks it should apply if you choose not to).

One other thing: Tass keeps track of your health, energy, and pleasure in game. It is redundant if you keep track of it yourself as, unlike pencil and paper games, the post where the gm put your current totals won't get lost. Essentially, while it doesn't matter if you have it, you don't have to put your totals as being xx/xx.

darkwyn

Lurker
Reputation score

I understand that it's a role play flaw, I was trying to figure out a fun character to play and it seemed to fit. If he wants to wait to see if I play it correctly before giving and benefit I'd be willing to drop the talent it gives until I do it correctly.
And thanks for the other bit, I wasn't exactly sure what to do with those ones. The only other thing I'm not sure of is when can you spend XP once you get it?

Last edited:
OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I understand that it's a role play flaw, I was trying to figure out a fun character to play and it seemed to fit. If he wants to wait to see if I play it correctly before giving and benefit I'd be willing to drop the talent it gives until I do it correctly.
And thanks for the other bit, I wasn't exactly sure what to do with those ones. The only other thing I'm not sure of is when can you spend XP once you get it?
You can spend exp when your character rests in some way shape or form. This does not include passing out after being raped into unconsciousness by a Succubus or a Hellhound, or being beaten into unconsciousness by a horde of Stalkers.

If I ever think anyone is misplaying one of the RP flaws, I'll PM them about it. So far, I haven't had any issues.