Elizabeth (Quartz)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Elizabeth (Quartz)

Too exhausted to care about exacting further revenge upon the cultist, Elizabeth plops down next to the unconscious man while contemplating a way to remove the sap. Spying the mans clothing, she pries it off of him and tries using it to scrub the sap away. After a few moments of scrubbing her legs, she finds that not only is the sticky sap not moving at all, but even just the rubbing of the cloth on her skin was arousing with the sap on her. She aims a frustrated kick at the man's body. "Arghh.. Why won't this stuff come off?! And how can somebody's clothes smell this badly?!" Hurling the crumpled rags at him, she gathers up her own clothes again and moves to the next room.

A small wave of panic goes over her as she enters the next room. After her narrow escape from the previous plant, the last thing she wanted to do was go near more vines, and these ones were already awake to boot! She spends a moment trying to figure out a way, any way, around them before realizing that the only way forward was directly past them. Taking a moment to calm herself down, she gets ready to run through the vines at the first sign of an opportunity.

(Dash through)
    My dump stat is Charisma.

Comment

(LUK 10+9=19 vs. 17; LUK succeeds, +2)
      (AGI 20+15+2=37 vs. 21; AGI succeeds)

Taking a moment, she calmed her breathing, hoping to make it past this evil plant unlike the other. Noticing an opening, she dove for it. She hit the ground and did a forward roll. A couple vines brushed against her, sending waves of pleasure through her limbs. She kept her composure, however, and within moments was on the other side. Looking back at the vines she smiled at a flawlessly executed plan before walking through the next doorway and onto her next challenge.

Entering this next room she was confronted with masses of webbing strung throughout. The webbing was not terribly deep, however, who or whatever put it up, put it up for a reason. Looking beyond the webbing, she could actually see three doors.

Elizabeth has three options.She can attempt to bust directly through, though somew webs are surprisingly strong. Alternatively, she could try to figure out what exactly created this webbing, allowing her the opportunity to easily navigate it's weakest point. Finally, she could attempt to climb up one of the jagged walls in the room and simply go over it.

Debuff: Strange sap [-2 CON, -1LUK until washed off] resulting in LF of 34
      Actions: Push through (STR); analyze for weakness (INT); Climb over (AGI);
      AND: Pick a doorway (Left, right, center)

Always looking for someone cool to talk to! Hit me up on AIM! gatorbaitchristi

Comment

Successfully navigating past the vines, Elizabeth turns around and takes the opportunity to make every rude hand gesture in her repertoire at the plant behind her. Once satisfied that the plant thing was made aware of the full extent of her indignation, she moves on to the next room.

Confronted by the next room, Elizabeth takes a moment to ponder what could lay webs so large, before deciding that she would rather not know. Spying the path leading over the webs, she silently makes her way up to the path and begins to slowly make her away across. If all went well, she could just sneak past and nothing would ever be the wiser.

(Climb over, center door.)

Comment

(LUK 15+9=24 vs. 21; LUK succeeds, +3)
          (AGI 4+15+3=22 vs. 27; AGI Fails! LF: 34-5=29)

After looking at the webbing for what seemed like months, Elizabeth decided it would be best to avoid the webbing all together and simply climb over. She wrapped her pants and jacket around her still sap-free midsection since she knew climbing with them in her hands would be a bad idea. She began her assent up the jagged rocks. As she was just clearing the top, she slipped. A rock had come loose in her hand and she fell hard to the ground. Luckily for her, she fell on the far side of the webbing, not disturbing it as she dropped past it. This did do some damage. She hit her head and upon standing, she could feel a little woozy. Regaining herself, she walked through the center doorway.

Entering the next room, she found it filled with a large pool of water. As usual the door behind her closed. On the far side of the pool there was a waterfall. Not seeing an exit, she made a conclusion: either this was a dead end and she was trapped, or there was an exit hidden somewhere. Not content to sit here for god-knows how long, she made a choice. The exit must be behind either the waterfall or submerged within the pool. Taking in the options, she acted.

Elizabeth as three options in this room. She can attempt to navigate the narrow, wet walkway to behind the waterfall and risk falling in, getting wet in the process. Alternatively she could just accept she will get wet and jump in. Finally, she can use the water to wash the sap off, guaranteeing her wetness, but removing the sap that has bothered her to this point.

Debuff: Strange sap [-2 CON, -1LUK until washed off] resulting in LF of 29
          Actions: Search the pool of water (STA +wet[-2AGI for 3 turns]), Shimmy along the ledge to the waterfall (AGI +possible wet), Wash off then search for exit (+wet[-2AGI for 3 turns])

(Notes: the debuff for the pool is certain. Also, if your test passes, that's where the doorway is, if it fails, it's the other choice. In other words, your choice doesn't matter in finding the door, the check does)

Always looking for someone cool to talk to! Hit me up on AIM! gatorbaitchristi

Comment

Peering cautiously into the pool for any signs of danger, Elizabeth slowly creeps up to the edge of the water. Not seeing any apparent signs of trouble, she relaxes and sets her remaining clothes down along the water's edge. "I guess this spring was just here and they built around it. Lucky me, I can finally get cleaned up enough that I can put my clothes back on. Goodbye Mr. Sap, you've overstayed your welcome." Taking her time, she wades waist deep into the pool and starts methodically washing away the sap. Once confident that all of that sap is gone and that she is sufficiently clean, she heads back to the water's edge to retrieve her pants and jacket.

Still dripping wet, she does her best to wring out her hair and shake off what water she can before donning her jacket and pants again. Looking at the narrow walkway, she decides that is the only thing that most of these cultists could navigate and probably the right way. Taking care not to fall in clothes and all, she begins to shimmy along the ledge towards the waterfall.

(Wash off, then shimmy. Also, yay update.)

Comment

Working...
            X