What's new

A Demon's Answer to the Heavens (Prudence;Termite)

OP
Mamono Assault Force

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Re: Passing Diamonds (Prudence)

( )

When Prudence approached Seras on the ship, the first-mate gave no reaction to either her presence nor her initial words. Seras merely shook her head. "I'll listen to what you have to say, but realize that it won't change a thing between us. I've already decided to follow you as my captain, and even if you tell me your secrets or not, I'll follow ye," Seras announced, adopting a bit of a pirate's tone near the end. As she listened, Seras would feel confident to add her thoughts. "It sounds like you harbor a fragment of Fate's gift, or so the loony prophets and the tengu say. No matter how mysterious, one should always trust a tengu. If you've not heard the story, then listen well. A crow tengu flew about the world, reported to be in a dozen places at once. She spread word of Fate, the being that acts as the lord of this world, just as Persephone overlooks Hell, and God with Heaven. She said Fate removed her own power over the land when faced with the final outcome between Hell and Heaven's war over this land. The war has recycled itself and repeated for centuries, tales of angels and demons descending into myth and legend before emerging into the current world to do battle once more. This cycle would repeat for countless ages, ever since the dawn of humankind. Those in Heaven are the wealthy. Their realm is undying and evergiving with life. To live there is to become immortal. Hell is the land of the greedy, those who can never have enough. Their ancestors were originally from Heaven, but they were those who didn't get to be apart of Heaven for one reason or another. So, some say they were banished to Hell. Others say they made Hell themselves to try and make it like a second Heaven. In any case... it's rather clear, even from our world, how well they accomplished that goal."

"Our world was built by bad people, for bad people." Seras said simply. "Hell's bad, Heaven's bad, and plenty of human and mamono are bad. At the center of the very reason we fight and exist, is all the greed and evil that created these worlds. In a way, what Fate seeks from you seems to be less about one side winning over the other... In my opinion, she broke her power into pieces and gave it to specific people, in hopes that the chaos to ensue would destroy the world that grew from those evil thoughts. But who knows what's gonna happen? Everything that came to be, the factions of human beings, great kingdoms, and even the race of humans ourselves... We're all in danger, thanks to those like you who carry the power to bring wonder and ruin." Seras claimed, and Prudence would know Seras wasn't too far from the truth. Too many times would Prudence read of prophecies that tell of the day the fragments of Fate would unite. The event of all the fragments coming together and using their power in unison would be of such magnitude that they would be able to define the very meaning of existence. They'd become a single entity, a great god that can carelessly destroy worlds. Things are well to play out as Fate seemed to plan as well... If Jezebel is any proof, the dangers of total destruction are not heeded, and the greed that seeded the world shows itself, desiring those like Prudence, blind to their own demise. However, no matter what Fate wished, all Prudence would feel is power. With that power, came choice...

She had a choice of what she would do with her power, for wonder or ruin, as the prophecies of tengu would claim.

And one should always trust a tengu.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~​

Hearing the demonic Pru's words, Kat quietly glanced at her, before taking a bottle of the poison the girl sailors were drinking, and tasting it for herself. She winced in distaste. "Never understood the value in the liquid. It doesn't effect me like it does them." Kat sighed, looking over the ship and to the moonlit sea. Quietly, she'd watch. She'd watch the gentle waves, slowly pushing the ship along. "... There'd be no point in it, Pru." Kat finally said. "What would I do if I became Pride? or Lust? Granted I even could. When you take out a Sin, you just replace them... And that's all I'd be, is just another Cardinal. That's why it's called a curse... Because despite having all that power... It's still the Sin that rules, not the demon who holds it. Just look at that pathetic excuse, Envy... Who the hell would want that Sin?" Kat laughed. Both demons would remember seeing the little demon Envy when she was younger. A little blond girl, constantly crying. The first thing she was made to do in Hell was murder the old Envy, a shut-in that allowed herself to die after all her suffering was too much, always feeling like the unluckiest being in the world. Jezebel was the one who acquired her, and trained her. The girl's beautiful long hair was cursed and gained the ability to turn into hands. She learned how to be far stronger than what would normally be expected of a sin, but still... It was Envy. The Sin had it's way of making the owner miserable and desiring of the possessions of others. By seeing what she lacked, you could tell what Envy wanted. Envy received material goods, and powers greater than she would ever have achieved being just a normal human girl, but the one thing she never had, was a friend. No matter how much someone pitied her, it was one thing or another that seemed to just ward people away from associating with her in a friendly manner. Her crying was especially loud when someone wished her to drop dead like the prior Envy.

Not too long after, the true nature of Envy took it's course. "I hate him." was a sentence all near Envy would remember. Not many knew who nor why, but Pru and Kat did. Envy was lied to, and made to believe that her brother, who escaped the fate of Hell during Jezebel's invasion, was the reason she was made to suffer. For years, she was brutally trained to kill him, until one day, before Prudence left Hell, fleeing from Jezebel, Envy simply vanished. "One can only assume where she went." Kat said boredly. "But, yeah... Honestly, it's all well and good when you look at the here and now, and how can we enjoy ourselves for now... But it's when you look to the future... That's when it always gets me, because... What future is in store for beings like us? What do we have to look forward to? At this point, Pru... I'm just existing, and indulging in my greed."

Termite

A bug
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Well... This was unique...

Prudence was having two separate conversations, one involving the more human aspect of herself and the people she knew, and the other involving her demon half and her demonic lover. Two independent trains of thought, both running at their own pace, and somehow the two had started referencing each other. Both sides could have sworn that Seras and Kat were actually listening to each other and building off the same thoughts. And maybe they were. Though they were speaking to different bodies they were talking to the same soul. Perhaps they were picking up on subtle signals that the two halves were showing in what they said?

Whether they did or not didn't really matter, though. Pru was left to ponder what she'd been told, about the potential for both herself and the other Fragments as well as the truth behind the curse of the Sins. It left her thinking, long enough that both convos came to an end as Prudence and Pru simply fell silent. The pause they shared seemed to drag out, both of them locked in their own thoughts, and there was hardly any clue as to what they were both pondering in that silence.

But that silence would come to an end. "Maybe it's time these Fragments were finally brought together. Fate obviously saw a need for them, and to simply squander our potential in pursuit of of our own goals seems like such a waste." "I think I can start to understand just what it is this potential Fate has given us can manage. If the power of the Fragments can rewrite existence I can already see a couple of places where this world can be made better." "But if we're going to do this then the world itself has to be made a little more stable, both on land and in the sea. So for now we'll just have to focus on Atlantis." By this point the two had become mirrors of each other, and as they shared that same voice they also shared the same stretch that had them slightly popping their backs. It didn't look like either one had much else to say on the matter, and at that both human and demon simply turned toward the ship's heading and watched the calm waves pass them by. While they didn't have much else to say that didn't mean the others didn't. If they wished to ask either of them a question they were free to do so, otherwise the twins would simply remain on deck for the time being and enjoy the sights before retiring for the evening.

Last edited:
OP
Mamono Assault Force

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Kat would laugh with joy at Pru's declaration. "I figured that would be the answer! What other thing are immortals like us to do other than try to change the very land's history as if we were gods? Whatever land you hope to create, Pru, leave a little chaos in it for people like me!" Kat declared aloud, before Seras and her crew would give a cheer in agreement. These women were pirates of the sea, and they thrived on chaos. They'd follow Prudence, so long as she kept to their interests. Peace and love were one thing, but Prudence was half demon herself, and the world would expect her to accept that. Wrapping one arm around the demon Pru's waist, Kat looked ahead together with her friend, to the rocky formation far over the horizon, just the tips of the mountains visible.

Just then, a faint giggling would be heard in the air. It caused all the crew to rouse to attention and focus on finding the source as a sudden breeze made the ladies' hair flourish. Giggling and gleeful squealing, as if a child were playing somewhere in the sea, would continue to grow louder, until a crew member pointed off the starboard bow. "It's Slyph! The Wind Spirit of Fortune and Ruin has taken to us! Pray she blesses us!" announced one of the female pirates. Then, Prudence would see her. A flying green spectral spirit that looked like a leaf excitedly and aggressively floating through the air at a distance, before looking more clearly like a green skinned fairy erratically floating through the air. The crew began voicing out to the spirit, pleading for it's blessing and not a curse. The spirit seemed to float about as if completely ignorant of them, before she looked to the ship's crew with a smile. "Hi! Bye!" she said.

Suddenly, a gust of powerful wind attacked the sails. The entire crew held onto the ship as the ship was given a boost along the water by unannounced winds. Sailing along quickly, the wind spirit was gone just as soon as it arrived. It's attention quite fickle. Eventually, the ship would slow down, leaving everyone to catch their breath. "A blessing more than a curse, I'll take it." Seras said with a sigh of relief.

"Be thankful a tornado didn't appear and rip us to shreds!" Katerina laughed. "As well, we're nearer to our destination!" the demon pointed out that they were much closer to the temple than before. The ridiculous boost that sent the ship leaving water trails behind saving the crew hours of sailing. By nightfall, they'd be ready to dock.

Termite

A bug
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Kat didn't need to worry in the least. Even if Prudence was going to rewrite existence as they all knew it she sure as Hell wasn't going to leave out room for mischief. The world needed a little chaos every now and then, otherwise this place would be such a bore. Gotta keep things interesting, right?

And as if on cue the sound of giggling had both halves of Pru perking up and looking around much the same as the crew was doing. When the cry of recognition came that attention suddenly focused onto the little sprite bouncing around in the distance, and Pru simply watched as it erratically edged closer to the ship. The crew went about pleading for the spirit's blessing, and though Prudence didn't join in she knew quite well that she should prepare for just about anything.

At first seemed like she would simply pass them by. Her flighty nature made it impossibly to tell where her attention sat, but once she turned and offered her smile both Pru and Prudence matched it with their own slightly uneasy grin. "Bye?" Before they could even finish that simple question they were blown off their feet, and both human and demon clambered for something to cling to as the ship lurched forward.

When the winds had finally died down the demon detached herself from the ship's railing, and a second later she detached the human from herself. "Well, that was... something..." It was as much agreement to Kat's statement as she would make, and as they turned toward the approaching mountains they let out a little sigh of relief. "At least that part of our trip is over, and most likely Undine already knows we're out here. Or will in a few moments. I guess we'll wait to see if she tries to contact us before we land. In the meantime I think I'll go take a nap..." All throughout this the human had been messing with her hair, and though she'd made some progress it still had that obvious wind-sheared look that always seems to hit someone whenever Sylph passes.

OP
Mamono Assault Force

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"Sleep well!" Seras replied to the human Pru, and the rest of the crew wished her a good sleep as well.

The rest of the trip was quiet, everyone rather flustered at having met with Sylph. They were rather happy despite having been nearly blown away. Their mirth would continue as the sun would set and rise in it's constant cycle. Everyone would be left to their own devices as they came closer and closer to Undine's presence. "The water is always so gentle. It slows the ship down, but you have to respect Undine's presence." Seras announced to the crew, Prudence being allowed to hear her depending on where she chose to be on the ship. Everyone had a lot of free time. "Why doesn't Undine speed our voyage?" a crewmate inquired, likely a swabbie who was new. "Many aquatic creatures dwell near Undine's protection. A speeding ship would bother them. At this rate, the coral below us isn't disturbed by our passage."

Despite what Seras said, their presence didn't go unnoticed. Soon, , were swimming along side the ship, and looking up at those riding inside the wooden boat. "Attention, humans! You are entering Undine's territory. You will submit yourselves to questioning so that we can assure you're not dangerous. Your weapons and spirits will be locked away so we can safely approach you. If this is unacceptable, please turn back! Undine wishes not for conflict, but times do not allow for careless admission of the unknown."

"What sparked this severe paranoia?" Seras inquired.

"Human radicals placed a bomb within Undine's temple shrine. We can't risk another attack until we can rest assured that we are safe." the nereid representative replied.

Termite

A bug
RP Moderator
Reputation score

With that chance encounter with Sylph being their last worry for quite some time the twin Prudences were allowed to do as they wished. And they chose to simply wander around the ship. They made themselves more familiar with the ship itself and its crew, talking to whoever was open, answering whatever questions each woman had, traveling both as a pair and alone since people seemed to be a little more open once they found one of the halves by herself.

And it was during one of these separate jaunts that the nereids made their presence known. The human Prudence had remained on deck simply to enjoy the sun, and when the mamono called out to the humans she naturally turned in their direction. She was prepared to welcome them aboard, but the call for inspection and questioning forced that welcome aside. She listened to them with a rather neutral expression, and when Seras asked her question the answer had her wondering just what the devil was going on over at Undine's Temple.

But at the moment she had some aquatic ladies to deal with. "You are free to board as you see fit, and you have my guarantee that no one on this ship will attempt to harm you. I'll even agree to the disarming, but the seal is another matter. I have a rather strong aversion to having my spirit locked, especially if it's done through any kind of collar or accessory. I'd rather not have my freedom stripped from me, even if it's only for a few seconds and easily undone."

"But what you said..." A moment later Pru popped into view, and as she did her wings spread wide in a full display before flapping closed and laying idle behind her back once more. Her tail hung in the air, the entire thing having to curl into an 'S' to avoid dragging against the deck, and once the succubus came to a rest she regarded each of the somewhat kindred mamono carefully before smiling. "You see, I'm not exactly human, am I? Do those terms apply to me as well?" There was no doubt that they did, but Pru wanted to announce herself now instead of the women suddenly turning a corner and facing a demon in the far more cramped lower decks. There was no telling how they would react to a succubus attempting to reach Undine, so best to be upfront about the entire thing.

OP
Mamono Assault Force

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

The nereid speaking to them simply shook her head. "A demon is equally suspect due to their nature. If you cannot agree, then we politely ask that you turn back. This isn't how Undine wishes it to be, but we are all very shaken up." the nereid described.

"I've an idea," Alvin chipped up a suggestion. "You've no issue over just one of us going forward, correct?" he asked.

"I suppose not." The nereid replied.

Alvin seemed pleased at this, before looking to Prudence. "What say I go forth, unarmed and sealed? Perhaps I can have a nice talk with Lady Undine and we can work something out?" he suggested with a wink.

Termite

A bug
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"No." The instant his question was asked the twins answered in their shared voice. It was startling how quickly they came to that decision, but they had good reason. First, these were mamono. Hell, these were nereid. They were known for dragging men down into their lairs much like many of the other aquatic mamono that were obviously lurking about, and sending Alvin on his own was just begging to have him captured and never seen again.

And Seras would never let that happen. That was the second reason. If the pirate was still so centered on him even when he showed no obvious desire to remain at her side then she wouldn't let some damn fish run off with her man. She'd chase them down, the crew would follow, and then they'd all be at war with Undine's realm even before they'd had a chance to speak with the elemental.

And last but not least, Alvin simply couldn't be trusted. He'd shown that much already, his quiet and passive subjugation of Pru's crew leaving her unable to act against him without earning their ire, and it didn't just stop there. He had them give him their own treasures. He had them spying on themselves. He even went as far as changing the ship's logs. Nothing he touched could be trusted to remain the same once he was done with it, and if he somehow was given the freedom to run around on his own then there was no telling what kind of havoc he would cause. Of course that didn't take into account his seeming fascination with Prudence, but she couldn't trust that to keep him in check.

There was something else to consider. The arrival at this port was purely Prudence's desire. No one else had any true vested interest over what may or may not happen, and least no one beyond her little coven of succubi, and to send someone out to meet an elemental who didn't rightly care whether Prudence arrived or not felt a bit... disingenuous...? Yes, that felt like the right word. You don't send a disinterested messenger when you wish to say 'Hi.'

All that left only one real option for the split soul. "I... I will go..." The human looked ready to throw a rather harsh glare at anyone who approached, however, and before the nereid could place any sort of sealing collar or some other similar nonsense Prudence spoke up. "But I will seal myself!" She immediately did just that, the magics she wove to contain her own showing quite visibly as a complex set of tattoos and marking that were shown not only over her skin but over her dress, as well. "I hate doing this, but if I must then I want to be in control of the collar. It'll take time for me to deconstruct this barrier, and it should give a clear sign should I start." That much would be obvious to anyone possessing magical talent.

"I'll come as well." The demonic Pru stood next to her sister, and though she didn't looked pleased to have a binding placed on her she let the nereid go through with it. In a way it didn't really matter. For some reason she simply couldn't fathom the demon's magic was entirely contained within the confines of her own body. No amount of effort would get those threads to leave her body. Of course that said nothing of what she could get those threads to do with her body alone, but such a skill was much harder to contain and suppress. That kind of body control would also be nearly impossible to detect, and the nereids didn't need to know this little fact. Let them think she was just another demon and bind her as one.

OP
Mamono Assault Force

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

The nereids were fairly patient, and relatively strict about the process. Only when they were absolutely sure that neither of the two women would be sending out their magic did they bring up a large raft. "We will take you to Undine's Temple." They announced. Half the crew seemed to agree having collars put on as well, and made to join Prudence as she was welcomed onto the raft.

(Inspirational Music - )

Whenever Prudence was ready, the nereids would have her get onto the raft, before a pair of them got behind the raft, and began pushing it along the surface of the water. They'd slowly drift with the aid of the two nereid, approaching what looked like a simple cave in the side of a mountain looming over the ocean. But as they neared it, the deception became clear, as they found themselves entering the cavern, going through a short cave that displayed a light show of reflections along it's walls from the water below. The pirate crew was left gazing up and around in appreciation for the show of lights. Eventually, they were drifting into a much larger area... It was a fairly large space, with many natural pillars of wet stone standing up from the base of the water, and forming islands in the cave. On those islands, various things rested, ranging from buildings to simple huts, and on some cloth was laid out for individuals to rest on. Mostly, it seemed men and women enjoyed each other's company here. Various other sea mamono were casually swimming here as well. Scylla, jellyfish (also known as sea slimes), other nereid, mermaids, and even a few shark fins were sticking up out of the water, causing some mermaids grief as it began to chase them. Twas an action made in jest it seemed, as when caught, the shark mamono laughed at the mermaid's fear before she was slapped repeatedly by a flustered mermaid fin.

"We do apologize for this. Undine went through painful negotiations just to avoid humans being treated poorly. Having this be the minimal conditions that had to be met exhausted her greatly, so please do not direct your frustrations at her. She has done much for the humans sake." The nereid declared, before bringing Prudence to an island just at the water's base, which connected to the many bridges that links all the other islands, forming a maze of connections above. Each were like highways, but with only a few people traveling them at a time, and others usually waited for one another to pass before they'd go down the bridges, showing some common courtesy.

Termite

A bug
RP Moderator
Reputation score

The voyage out was calm and peaceful, and as everyone entered the temple they were treated to a number of sights. The short cave was filled with the reflection of water, a kaleidoscope of light dancing across every surface and even the people that witnessed it before it opened into vast and awe-inspiring cavern that in itself looked like a naturally built city. Many a people could be seen moving about, men and women and far more mamono simply enjoying the relative peace and quiet of Undine's realm. Many more could be seen swimming past and beneath the visitors' raft, and each race could be seen enjoying themselves, especially the sharks as they chased the mermaids all over the place.

No one could deny the serenity. It was a perfect match for the tranquil ocean on a calm day, where the life that lived beneath the sea's surface frolicked to their heart's content, where man and woman and mamono could enjoy each other any way they wished...

And Prudence didn't care a damned bit. Even with all this beauty surrounding her she could feel her soul being forcibly contained by the very magics she used, and it made her feel like some trussed-up pig being led to the slaughter. It brought back memories of her subjugation as a human, of how not only her spirit but her very mind had been suppressed until she was nothing more than a shell of her former self. With each passing second those memories only grew stronger, and it left the twins simmering with contempt even as they prepared to land.

Thankfully the Prus managed to keep that anger contained, and as they set off the nereid asked them to aim their contempt away from Undine. It wasn't the elemental's fault for the sudden policy, and even without this little fact the two fully intended to treat Undine with as much respect as they could muster. "Understood." But that didn't make it any easier to deal with the growing need to simply blast that damned seal to pieces and just be done with it. And it certainly didn't help bring a smile to their matching faces. Instead they wore a pair of nearly identical frowns that made them appear far too serious for their own good. But that had to be better than the fierce scowls they could feel lurking under the surface. Just have to remember to breathe deep and vent that frustration bit by bit.

"Please lead the way." With out much else to grab their fancy the two halves simply wished to approach Undine. Hopefully that would lead them to getting these damned collars removed.

OP
Mamono Assault Force

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

The nereids seemed to understand that the two Prudence's were not in too much a mood for conversation, or sightseeing, or relaxation for that matter. "Well, we have a post to maintain." the nereid replied to her. "The layout of this temple is a little complicated, but you may find your way to the temple on your own easily enough." she declared, pointing to the large grand temple at the highest point in the cave, which was the source for many waterfalls, four pouring from the front, and two on each side. Shaped like a rectangle, it had various pillars to support the upper section around the outside of it's walls, and enough space between them to display the beautiful artwork engravings of aquatic mamono engaging in their commonly known activity. Nereids moving their bodies in graceful ways, seaslimes floating carelessly, a single scylla dominating her space, and a siren with her mouth open, various engravings of symbols flowing from her mouth, which Prudence would recognize as musical notes that formed a seductive melody. A single mermaid was engraved as the artwork over the archway leading into the large temple. She wore a smile that seemed to invite any who were curious, while two sahuagin knight statues stood guard, sculpted out of marble and ensuring the curious onlooker that their intentions best be innocent. One was left handed and the other right, forming a mirrored symmetry.

To complete it's look, a single dome was constructed over the very center of the temple, made of glass and in such a position to receive the sign's light at the time of noon. It glowed with purification, showing at a glance the pure water that must be inside, untainted. It was so pure in it's reflection that the demonic Pru would actually feel a bit of inner warning to be cautious she doesn't get washed away in that place, while the human Pru felt invited to take in the liquid and cleanse her soul.

All of Prudence's new pirate crew were rather taken with the amazing place, especially the temple, as they all boarded off and made clear that their destination was not exactly the temple, but to look around and make themselves comfy. The nereids were quick to make off and return to their post without Prudence perhaps trying to argue with them or debate their return. However, another potential guide made itself known.

"Wow... Twins?" announced a rather cheerful sounding voice. Should the two turn to take in the owner of the voice, they'd find a young man with white hair and red eyes. He may not be two people, but it seemed he'd understand being both human and demon. He was dressed like everyone else in the temple, with a simple blue tunic with blue pajama-like pants and basic slippers on his feet. A rather comfortable way to dress. "Looks like you're new here, and angry... I guess it's our new foreign policy, huh?" he asked, seeming to understand that it was a touchy topic. "I've got nothing better to do, so can I help you with something? My name's Erik, by the way." he offered both his aid and his name, but he wouldn't do so unopposed.

"Erik!" Called out a stern voice. Walking down from a bridge connecting to a building above, a woman clad in armor stepped down to join Erik. "Stay away from them, that's a demon." she said firmly. "Another one plotting terror no doubt. Just look at the aura of malice around her and her cohorts!" she stated accusingly, before pointing her finger at the demonic Pru with a great deal of prejudice. "I don't care about a nest where monsters rest, but your presence is a danger to all, and that include Erik. I bet you're here to exclusively get that collar off. Am I wrong?" she asked with certainty, before glaring with hostility. "Go back to where you came from, demon scum. You won't get your collar free here so you can cause chaos. You and every demon that came here to play on that Undine's soft side to try and convince her to take the collars off won't find an easy road here." she declared, as if ready to announce full scall war upon the one demon before her eyes.

Erik simply glanced at the white haired new comer, before looking back to Prudence with a smile. "Just ignore her. That's my warmongering sister, Alexis. I'm sure you want your collars off like she said, but that'll be tricky, since Undine's already been asked that a million times from other visitors. So, what's your name? I'm here to help!" Erik offered with a smile.

"Erik!" Alexis growled. "It's a demon!" she insisted.

"You're kind of a demon as well. Should we kick 'you' out?" he asked, but didn't wait for an answer as Alexis looked a bit infuriated. "Be nice, okay?" he requested. At that, Alexis looked content to glare at the demonic Prudence as if searching for any reason to strike her.

Termite

A bug
RP Moderator
Reputation score

A part of Prudence understood she was being a bit of a kill joy, but she just couldn't help it. Having herself sealed as such was simply too grating to ignore, and it left her unable or unwilling to simply enjoy the sights surrounding her. Thankfully the nereids understood as well, and once they motioned to the temple both Prus followed their fingers before looking back and nodding as one. Not a word was raised to call them back or for argument, and they were free to do as they pleased while the twins turned their shared attention back toward the temple they meant to visit.

As they stood there they took it all in. The waterfalls, the architecture, the carvings, the statues, but despite the display of artistry and the anger still simmering within them they both were focused on the dome that capped the temple. Each one could feel it, that pulse of purity that seemed to burst from the waters held there, and it affected each of them in a different way. The demon could practically feel her essence dissolving, bits of her simply washing away until all that remained was an empty shell that was the twins' once shared body if that water so much as touched her. The human could feel her spirit being bolstered, every trace of succubus magic within her recoiling as if it were burned, and if she were bathed in it she was certain that all ties to her other half would be severed and leave her a truly independent soul.

The pair nearly cringed at this, both refusing to take a step closer to Undine's temple. Neither one of them wanted this purification, not even if it promised to make the human Prudence even stronger than she already was. Even if they were in separate bodies too much of themselves were shared between each other. All that purification promised was isolation in one form or another, and for reasons neither could truly understand they were certain that either outcome would eventually kill them one way or another.

Thankfully a distraction appeared to pull them from their fears, and as they both turned toward the new voice they were greeted by a dichotomy that was almost an echo of their own. The man's hair and eyes stood out to the women, and though he seemed human enough by all respects they could most definitely see the small bit of taint that revealed the demonic nature that lay within him. It actually left them slightly shocked to find someone else who held both human and demon ancestry, and as he offered both name and aid they somewhat rudely stared at him without a word.

But the appearance of the next distraction was quite different. The voice that led the woman was almost shrill in its condemnation, and as the pair turned to this apparent knight the newcomer took an immediate dislike to the demonic Pru. She immediately started spouting rather stereotypical dribble, some which was more true than not and most likely would have been a proper reaction to any other demon within the temple, and the sheer animosity and disgust had the succubus prickling and frowning at the somewhat haughty bitch.

While Erik may have simply brushed it off as nothing Pru was not that gracious. There was an aura of malice around her, that much was true, but at this moment it was focused solely on this belligerent little girl that felt she needed to dictate little thing that happened under her watch. It made Pru wonder just who this Alexis thought she was to openly incite a war with a demon. Was she some kind of fool? Even if Pru had been a normal demon and had been bound like anyone else who entered this land a demon was still a dangerous creature. They had more than magic with which to wage war, and Pru was sorely tempted to give Alexis an object lesson right then and there. But despite that she held her tongue, and after a bit turned more toward Erik while an eye was kept on the man's sister while her own answered him. "I am Prudence, my sister is simply Pru." A small nod came from the demon. "We came to speak with Undine concerning the Atlantean rebellion. Specifically we're here to offer our assistance. And your sister is correct. We do want these collars removed. Badly."

OP
Mamono Assault Force

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"I can understand that." Erik nodded in regards to the collar. "You don't need to be a bad person to want those things off, contrary to what my sister claims." he chuckled, trying to keep the mood light seemingly by hoping laughter was contagious. Though he seemed to be doing more than lighten her mood. He was stalling, though perhaps not for time. He seemed to be trying to say something, but seeking to choose the right words. "Well... I know you came here to speak to Undine, but she has been under a great deal of stress for a while now, ever since Kala left and the attack occurred not long after. Kala's my significant other, you see. And she's a powerful leader and fighter. Undine's been feeling a bit overwhelmed now that we seem to be caught between the Magi and Atlantis, not to mention demon sympathizers. Some are even claiming that Kala is to blame, as well as myself. We're both former Magi, and... Well, I can't deny that I'm at fault. One thing just led to another, and everyone is stressed."

After explaining a bit, he invited Prudence and Pru to follow him. The pirate crew began to disperse and investigate the land, bringing some joy to those who work trade as they came with business and money. "Let's leave the temple, and get that collar off. So long as you're not within temple grounds, you're free to rid yourself of that collar." he promised her. Should Prudence take him up on his offer, they'd be led out of the temple grounds while Erik seemed to pick up a few companions along the way. A dark elf with a rather sadistic aura about her seemed familiar with the man. "This is Yevon." he declared. "... Prudence, is it?" inquired the dark elf. "Cause no trouble." she let Prudence pass with fair warning. Then a sea slime came across their path. She also seemed familiar to him. "This is Pirupi." he introduced the energetic looking jellyfish. "Hi-hi!" the slime greeted her. The two extra companions came along at the request of Erik, who despite shunning Alexis didn't entirely trust the Prudence twins either as he was gathering a couple of mamono who might amount to defenders if one were paying attention. Though he showed no malice, what Prudence would detect was a need to be ready should Alexis be correct in thinking that the demon and human pair were of ill intent.

Should Prudence still be following them, they'd be led out of the temple and to the land above, a rather scarred plain that looked to have faced a large battle and a place were refugees of land and aquatic background were resting. A good fraction were demons like Pru, none of them with collars. Having said that, with both hands, Erik would apply his magic and pop the collars off of the two girls' necks. "There, better?" he asked with a smile.

Termite

A bug
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Though his laughter did nothing to help lighten her mood the fact that the man was trying did. If helped both Prudi focus on something other than the feel of the restraints binding her essence, and as he chose his words and continued she listened and considered everything he had said. "That is understandable. I imagine facing something as large as the Magi is a drain in itself. Adding not only Atlantis but some other faction as well must be hell. If she's truly this busy I wouldn't mind speaking with a representative." And it looked like Erik was to fill that role. But the mention of demon sympathizers caught Prudence's attention, in more ways than one. "These three groups, are they the parties involved in this rebellion I've heard of?" It made sense. The Magi were known for taking far too many liberties with any mamono they managed to capture. It was easy enough to picture them harvesting mermaid for their own ends. And given how Heaven itself has not once brought its wrath onto that faction it didn't take much more to see the citizens of Atlantis crying out for some kind of justice. If they wanted it they would need help, and if Heaven refused there was always the other side...

While Prudence had been speaking with Erik her sister had been keeping an eye out, and there was no mistaking the hesitation and the sudden gathering of allies as they started heading outside of the temple proper. It was rather poetic to find someone else acting with her own namesake as if she were a threat, and considering how they must have looked to anyone else that bit of caution was simply overlooked. The pair simply nodded at the elf as she appeared, the sea-slime receiving a more gracious dip for her friendliness, and as they fell into line the twins simply acted as if all was right in the world. Besides, they were coming up toward fresher air and open space. The collars would finally be removed, and both Pru and Prudence could finally rel-

With a flutter of leather the small group would find themselves walking into the demon's open wings long before the human had a chance to work his magic, and the sudden opening of them would most likely cause at least one of Erik's guardians some nervousness. But before any of them had a chance to act the twins were simply turned and walking back down into the temple they were just seconds earlier eager to escape. "I realize we've been rather ungracious guests in this trying time. Perhaps you'd all like to accept a bit of lunch as an apology." They pair kept walking the entire time, their eyes not glancing back in the slightest while they retraced their steps. They appeared nonchalant, but anyone near would feel a sense of anxiety blowing off the both of them. If anyone were to step in their way and pull them aside to ask for or even demand an explanation they would simply roll with it, Pru's wings slowly opening to cup the worst offenders gently and urge them to start walking with them as they nearly fled back into Undine's Temple. It was their turn to hesitate for a bit as they chose their words. They didn't want to reveal this next part, but what could happen if they didn't was far more dangerous. "I've been labeled a heretic by Jezebel." That could have been reason enough, but if they didn't understand then the demon would continue in her conspiratorial whisper. "That bitch wants me, and she's put a price on my head. If I were spotted and identified it could lead to some serious trouble. For me and whoever's around." And among the demons Pru stuck out like a sore thumb. Those her complexion, hair, and her very wings were far different than when any of them may have seen her last there was only one succubus she knew that chose to clothe themselves from head to toe. Just had to hope none of the other demons spotted her...

OP
Mamono Assault Force

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Re: The Coming of Heaven's Wrath (Prudence)

Erik seemed happy that Prudence understood the situation, though he would gladly and seriously answer her following question as they walked, before Prudence decided to stop them. "Well... It's rather complicated... What Undine is dealing with is a sort of rebellion against a rebellion, if that makes sense. Undine is trying to make the best of both worlds, as many claim that it is her nature to wash over everything and take it all in. She thinks the humans are going too far, but also that they should not be punished as severely as a fair half of mamono demand. As we speak, there are mamono either planning or currently raiding human settlements and ships at sea, attacking them and enslaving them. Wishing to protect the humans made Atlantis, the kingdom of the sea, believed Undine was on their side of the affair. When she was then found fighting with the Magi, and not only driving them back, but sending someone to attack their territory... Well, the end result is now that Undine is receiving hostility from all sides, even from within her own temple, her sanctuary." Erik said grimly.

"There is prejudice everywhere. Mamono scorn now the free presence of humans walking about, and humans are damning mamono for trying to exclude their status from this society, not even worthy to make purchases at a shop for food unless another mamono does it for them. Some of those mentioned mamono are using the state of affairs to their advantage and coercing men and women into sex so that they can perform their daily tasks. Undine punishes those whom she can, but she's even having to punish those who agree with her due to so much fighting between all the different sides of the argument. After having to do that a few times when things went too far, it's no wonder she shut herself up inside of her temple. She likely feels as if she's being forced into hurting her friends for lack of ability to calm them down."

Erik sighed. "The demons are making attacks in this state of chaos. It's hard to tell if they're scorned victims or legitimate attacks from Hell. Same as with the humans. They could be from the Order or another fanatical group. We just don't know. And in this state, when everyone is fearful of the likely war to come with the angels... No one wants to fight. I may not be the best strategist in my field, but I can safely say that if we fought now, we'll be absolutely crushed. Our hope rests with Kala... I don't know what she's going to do, but even Undine waits expectantly for her to return with some good news or reinforcements... Or else we won't stand a chance against what is to come..."

Chapter 5: The Coming of Heaven's Wrath

After being stopped, Erik was surprised at first, but seemed to go with the new flow of direction Prudence seemed to will them towards. "You don't need to apologize. In fact, even if you are a bit bothered, it's very refreshing to be speaking to someone who isn't consumed in all of this conflict." Erik assured her. "Don't worry, Pru" Erik said to the demon. "Jezebel is a common enemy. Once Kala gets back, she's sure to help you. But as of yet, we're kind of short on resources... So I guess it's best you stick with us." he suggested, before waiting for her reply to his whole explanation, and ready to offer more information if needed.

Last edited:

Termite

A bug
RP Moderator
Reputation score

The twins were very grateful for Erik's understanding, and as they descended back into the temple proper they started reviewing each of the man's points in their collective head. Unfortunately the more they dove into it they more they suffered from a shared migraine. So many different viewpoints were confronting each other, and there was no doubt that the chaos this created was causing all kinds of havoc on everyone involved. This even sounded worse than demon politics...

For a minute or two the women both tried to work this problem out. But after a couple of unsuccessful tries they eventually figured they simply didn't have enough information. "All right, question. We learned about this rebellion from a mermaid who was cursing Atlantis. We asked why, and she said Atlantis was allowing humanity to harvest her kind." "Contrary to what I may look like I have a rather fierce aversion to the harvesting of any souls. Personal experience." "We both agree on that point, and that's why we're here." Of course there was also something to gain from it, but that could be mentioned later. Once there were debts to be paid. "So wouldn't releasing the captured mamono from the humans help calm some of the dissent fueling this aquatic rebellion? And who exactly are the people harvesting the mermaids? Is it a specific group?"

Of course there were other questions she had, ones not directly related to the Atlantean brouhaha. These would be asked whenever the pair had a chance to do so without interrupting their guide. "The demons above ground, what exactly are they seeking?" "Do these mamono that rebel understand that they're practically begging Heaven's forces to descend and smite them?" "Who is this Kala you keep mentioning? How does she play into all this?" That last one seemed rather important. Erik appeared to hold her in high regards, and the fact that she was playing a central part to this whole convoluted mess meant this woman had some potential. And if this Kala was successful then maybe they finally found someone who would prove invaluable against the bunny-eating harlot...

OP
Mamono Assault Force

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Prudence began by announcing she had a question. Erik followed up with a smile, and simply said, "Answer," in response. He listened diligently, his eyes and ears taking in all both Prudence and Pru had to say, before letting out an uncertain hum. "I'm afraid I don't know the answer to that. Personally, I highly doubt that they'd let such acts go unpunished, even if we convinced mankind to try and make up for what they've done. Atlantians are angry, and in my experience, it's very hard to douse the flames of hatred with apologies and attempts to fix what was broken and disturbed. To support this idea... We've not heard anything about the rebel aquatics of Atlantis offering any terms, or requests of the humans. All we've heard of is battles erupting out of the blue of the sea, and total take overs of seaside towns. The rebels are establishing themselves along the coastline and Undine presumes they're breeding to obtain a larger military force, which they most likely plan to overrun Atlantis with while turning others to their side."

Then came the other questions. Calmly, Erik collected himself and his thoughts, taking a moment between each question to think about the answer. "To be honest, I have no idea what they want. Undine maintained a fairly open door policy. Complete strangers could walk in without questioning, and that's what many did, demons and dark elves included, like Yvon." Erik directed his hand to Yvon, the dark skinned elven woman, who nodded at Prudence. "I do support some demons, namely Lust as a Cardinal, but mostly as a philosophy. I wasn't questioned when I came here, and I personally find it amazing that my presence has gone ignored so far." she stated, showing some sympathy for the very Cardinal that wanted Pru removed from the picture. But there were more questions to answer. The next being that of the attention of Heaven that mamono were bringing upon themselves. "That's the thing... I think it's a little more complicated than that, and such is the same thought process behind many angry mamono. As well as demons, there were human attacks. The human presence as a threat, I think were agents employed by the Order, or even the angels themselves to give human beings a reason to partake in a purge of monsters from the land as a result of the following hatred to burn forth from the victimized mamono suffering human attacks. Both sides end up thinking the other is the one who pushed first, and fight. If that's what they're thinking, it's a clever plan." Erik hummed with a grim expression.

Though mentioning Kala seemed to brighten his spirits. "Kala is my wife to be. She is our strongest fighter, a brilliant woman, and indestructible mamono. I think you and her would get along. You both seem to want peace to result from all of this. I agree. It would be nice to see everyone getting along." Erik said with a happy smile.

Termite

A bug
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Re: The Coming of Heaven's Wrath (Prudence;Termite)

For a bit neither Prudence looked all that thrilled by what Erik revealed concerning the rebellion within Atlantis, and it didn't get any better as her explained how the Order may be involved. "Damn it all, for a religion that seeks to be right and just they sure use some underhanded tactics..." And that sentiment had more to it than just that insinuation that Heaven itself was fostering a civil war. Prudence was a demon. She knew of the eternal battle between light and dark. She knew of the rather heavy-handed tactics the "Light" used when it came time to purge the so-called "Darkness". She'd seen some of the demolished ruins that were once a people's homes. She'd heard the tales of both mamono and human alike, tales of love born only to tragically be cut down by some divine emissary, and it never really stopped there. Those who had welcomed the union of monster and man were struck down next, then those who'd simply heard that message, seen them in passing, unlucky enough to simply live nearby. It didn't matter. Heaven had a goal to wipe out every tainted soul it could find. To Hell with the collateral damage...

That look of barely contained disgust never left as Erik continued answering the twins' questions, and it was only when he'd stopped and they had a chance to think in silence that the human suddenly raised an eyebrow. A moment she started looking around, and once she finally found a nearby member of her crew she approached the woman and spoke quietly into her ear. "Would you pass on a request to Miss Kat for me? Ask her if she'd like to find out why all those demons are perched on top of the temple." That question in itself should have been enticing enough for the piratical demon to act. Hopefully... If not then they would just need to figure out something out.

Once that girl was off the two sisters gave each other a look that seemed to speak volumes. "You know, this is the first I've ever heard of either the Order or Heaven's involvement. It makes me think they're trying to keep this little fact a well-guarded secret..." "And if certain mamono saw this then maybe Heaven would be forced to call their forces back." "Or at least tone down what they're doing." "And it may just turn some of that animosity between human and mamono back where it rightly belongs..." It was definitely a thought, and Pru waited to hear what her guide thought of it.

OP
Mamono Assault Force

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Erik would nod at Pru, seeming to agree with her entirely. "They are far more organized than Hell, as well. Though beings of Hell aren't above being shady, not at all. It's just that you see them taking a more direct route most of the time. There's so many demons in Hell that they can often just brute force their way through conflict. Since Heaven has never been known to truly win an all-out war with the beings of Hell, they've been using such tactics since long ago. Often enough, they even make humans do their dirty work for them. Men and women elected to do as much are given the 'honorary' title of Hero. Then everyone on the side of the Order thinks obeying the angel's will is what you have to do. And doing so can help you towards getting such a title yourself." Erik shook his head, sighing at the whole idea. "But the whole idea works in theory. It does have a huge hole in it's design though, and that only helps angels in their murder spree. These titled heroes aren't immortal or invincible, so it's perfectly logical to say that more than just a handful fall from grace. The forces of Hell gather these heroes together to make them attack their home towns to demoralize the human populace. So angels have a strict policy about letting a fallen hero live. They're so paranoid about heroes becoming fallen that they even kill those who haven't fallen yet if they act suspiciously sinful."

Catching one of the crew women, she listened to Prudence's request, before nodding. "I'll pass it on." she agreed, before heading along her path, presumably towards Kat.

Erik nodded at Pru and Prudence, hearing them out, and agreeing with them somewhat, but he didn't seem to agree with it entirely. "Well, most mamono are already aware of how shady Heaven is, and how dishonest they are. The issue isn't so much that mamono aren't aware, it's that they have no way of telling whether a human is on the side of the angels or not. So in their minds, they group all humans into one category because it's easier that way. Allowing human beings to have freedom within mamono territory is a topic of much dispute. There's strong view points on either side. All the war generals will say that it's a security risk, and the emissaries of peace will claim that the war will never end unless we learn to live together. They're both correct, unfortunately. We risk losing if we allow human spies to sabotage us, and mamono will hold the hatred of humans forever if they're treated like slaves." Erik put one hand on his hip, shrugging at Prudence. "So, they have to balance freedom and security. Everyone is still trying to figure out how a perfect balance can be achieved."

Termite

A bug
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Once Erik's explanation of the divine order in regards to Heroes was finished the demonic Pru let out a somewhat exasperated sigh. "I met one of these so-called 'Heroes'. He blocked our path as we were heading to my Love's ship, and though he had us outnumbered three-to-one he simply had his men charge us from the front. It was rather embarrassing to see such simplistic tactics... I would have felt sorry for the poor bastard if he wasn't such a self-righteous prick. I swear heroes were far more impressive a couple decades ago..."

Following that Pru remained silent when it came time to reveal just how humanity stood in the eyes of mamano at large, and once their guide had finished the twins kept quiet for a few seconds more. "Then it seems our original intention still remains the best course. We came here to offer our support, and our first goal was to free the captured mermaids from whoever held them. My crew holds a good number of humans, and if we emphasize that when the rescue is made it would be a shining example to all mamono-kind that humanity isn't some band of thugs acting on Heaven's behalf. A good number of them may be just that, but it will be hard to deny that some people want to do some good in the world when they went and risked themselves to give you back your freedom."