What's new

OOC thread

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Re: OOC thread

Character sheet is up and origin story - including getting a Tzimisce to England, is up and waiting approval. ;)

OP
dmronny

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

Nicely researched and approved. I've already got a few ideas for prologues, which I unfortunately probably won't get out till tomorrow. Barring the horse finding me and re-injuring me though it will be up tomorrow.

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Thanks! Questions answered in PM, but I'll put it here too.

Was imagining her just as being part of a herd and not a part of Gyulu's revenant family - most of whom would have been killed by the Hungarian expansion (which may well have been under the Arpad Ventrue, as you say).

The desperation of a cut off Tzimisce koldun needing to flee to the West seemed a good enough reason for him to pick a new "bride" from his rabble. However, it's not completely random, because she did see him in his war form and had an awed reaction - likely the encouraging kind that he would appreciate in a loyal follower. So she probably just stuck out in his mind.

I imagine her having some sibling rivalry with her two brood mates - who are probably of closer relation to Gyulu and thus feel more entitlement and disbelieve that a lowly fur trapper's daughter was elevated. Perhaps they were proper ghouls before hand, while she was only kine.

OP
dmronny

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

Stupid storm knocking down power lines.

It may have been the Arpad Ventrue since Stephen I was of the House of Arpad, or it could have been Hardestadt sending his Ventrue to deal with both the Tzimisce and the Arpad as one of the many skirmishes in the Omen Wars. Hardestadt was a very close ally of Mithras, who is the Prince of London and Lord of the Baronies of Avalon (basically the Cainites of England). Either way it should be interesting.

Anyways I agree it would be better if she was just a member of his herd, for all the same reasons. I also agree that staring in awe instead of running and screaming at the sight of a Tzimisce in war form would probably impress him enough that he would at least think about giving the embrace.

Sibling rivalry was pretty much what I was leaning towards for a good part of the prologue. Now to work on the game.

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Post answered... it seemed that you began with me after my Embrace, so I felt okay with detailing the nature of her 'initiation.' I hope you like it, and if you don't, I can always change it to suit what you had in mind.

OP
dmronny

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

I'm sorry I couldn't hear you over the awesome. Very nicely done.

I didn't actually have you that far past you're embrace, that was meant to be your first waking moment as a Tzimisce. The woman was basically just left as Vezina's first meal.

Admittedly I was feeling a little uninspired earlier so it really wasn't that clear. I was hoping I would be more inspired later so that I could do the whole initiation as a flashback memory after Vezina sated her hunger and cleared her mind.

Shouldn't take much work to fix up though. Keep the whole initiation you have since it's too good to get rid of. Just change from speaking to the woman to eating your first meal and I'll do a few changes to the opening to show that she was buried. Than I'll get a response up. Make sense.

OP
dmronny

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

Alright then the opening is fixed up. Now on to the next post.

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Editing because I didn't read the post properly.

I'd like for Vezina to try and overcome her fear and approach Gyulu if she can. She'll try to avert her eyes from the flames if it helps, but she wants to prove she can overcome her fear if possible. (spend willpower if necessary? can't remember the rules)

Last edited:
OP
dmronny

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

Gyulu's actually not all that close to the fire himself, since well fire is bad even to an elder Koldun. Vezina already passed the rotschrek test so unless you try to walk really close or jump over the flames you should be fine. If you had succumbed to rotschrek than you would use the willpower to pull yourself out of it.

I really need to remind myself to finish the rules thread one of these days.

OP
dmronny

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

I'm hoping to finish the rest of the prologues either this week or next week. Hopefully we can get through with the rest of Occam's so that everyone can start at the same time. Should be able to get through his pretty quickly though since I actually had his planned out before anyone else.

OP
dmronny

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

Blah, I vant to suck the rich red blood of the living and aftervards have a vaffle.

Sorry about the unusual absence but I've been busy down south of here, helping with S&R and tornado cleanup the last week. I'm a little tired and overall bleh right now but I'll be back to posting in one or two days.

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

no worries, take your time. pretty important stuff, that

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

A waffle sounds fucking delicious right now.

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Waffles are always delicious. No worries Dmronny.

OP
dmronny

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

Unfortunately I had to settle for square pancakes, since I don't have a waffle iron. They were good but just not the same as waffles. Talk about disappointment.

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

I very much know that feeling... I ordered waffles at this desert bar a few weeks back... and got crepes. How the fuck did that happen?

OP
dmronny

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

You got me, there's a pretty big difference between a waffles and pancakes as I found, much less an extra thin pancake.

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

They don't even sound the same