Sweet Sacrifice (Ariadne)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sweet Sacrifice (Ariadne)

Corauni nodded and gladly accepted the hug from her childe, giving a reassuring squeeze as they let go of each other. "I'll be sure to stop by and see how your time with the prince is going tomorrow night. Though you needn't worry she is a woman of faith like yourself.

I'm just shocked by the prince's unusual request is all. I've never heard of a prince doing as such, but then I have never spent much time among any court. Whatever you do though, be mindful of the blood oath as I have no doubt she will try to get you to do as such."

Comment

"The blood oath?" Ariadne asked uncertainly, wanting to be sure she understood Corauni's warning. She tried to think back but couldn't recall anything. Was it something like the masquerade? There had been so much information to process, even for a scholar like her that prided herself on her memory!

Comment

"Perhaps I forgot to mention it, as I did not think it important till now. A blood oath is when you imbibe the vitae of another of our kind, creating a supernatural bond between the two much like a mortal would when he swears to serve or aid another. Though taking a single drink from another is only a partial bond, you would have to drink on three nights in succession in order to create a full bond." Corauni said in answer.

"Just be careful, I promise to return as soon as possible. Maybe the added feeling of urgency will even help in my task." She added as she prepared to depart, leading the way back to Prince Maloosha.

Comment

If she weren't already a vampire, Ariadne might have turned a bit pale after hearing Corauni's explanation. The strangest thing though is that supernatural things like that didn't really surprise her that much anymore. After what she'd seen and heard, she'd be willing to believe just about anything - and that was just the tip of the iceberg.

"You be careful too, and hopefully return with good news," Ariadne said with a smile, as she said her goodbyes and made her way back to the Prince.

Comment

The prince had just finished speaking with Galatea as Ariadne made her way back over towards the older vampires. She found herself having to look away one more as she saw the shocking beauty of the seneschal. Thankfully it was not for long as she quickly hurried after her own sire, Corauni, likely to ensure the girl was taken to a safe place.

This left Ariadne alone with the prince, or at least most of the way alone. There were still another four other vampires remaining in the court, though they seemed more content to speak among themselves and gossip. The prince did not immediately respond or look in her direction as she merely sat in thought. Leaving Ariadne to think on her own for a moment, looking up the young vampire could not help but notice that most of the gossipers seemed focused on herself and the prince. Not quite as unnerving as her reaction to the nosferatu had been but still it did nothing to calm her nerves.

Comment

Ariadne couldn't help but feel a little nervous once her sire had gone off on her own mission. It was her first time being on her own as a vampire, and she'd have to fend her herself. Luckily, the current situation wasn't all that foreign to her. She knew better than to bother a monarch before she was ready. She would just wait patiently until she was called upon, using the short break to get a better control over her nerves and keep going over all those clans Corauni had told her all about. Maybe one day she would write that tome she wanted herself... and more importantly, one never knew when a little knowledge might come in handy. The young Salubri couldn't help but feel a little uncomfortable from the attention of the other vampires. People looking at her wasn't something she was entirely used to. People at court rarely cared about a tutor even if she was a friend to the princess, but Ariadne tried to put that out of her mind as best she could.

Comment

The prince continued to think for several more minutes allowing Ariadne to become a bit more calm despite the stares and gossip. Her thinking over of the clans and what she had learned so far allowed her to forget about everything fro a few moments as her mind wandered. Finally she noticed the prince perk up as a smile spread across her face, standing she motioned for Ariadne to follow.

Once they had exited the room through the back of the throne room the prince said. "Before we get started, we'll need to get changed into something more appropriate for our hunt. Our current clothes are not quite the appropriate fashion for where we're going. In the meanwhile, why don't you tell me a bit about yourself? I take it you have some experience when it comes to dealing with nobles?"

Comment

Ariadne perked up too when she saw Prince Maloosha's smile and quickly followed her out of the royal court room. She walked a bit more relaxed and confident once they were away from the prying eyes that Ariadne wasn't quite used to.

"You honor me with your observation and your interest, my prince," Ariadne said in reply when asked about her noble background, a look of genuine surprise appearing on her face.

"It's true I have some experience with nobles and aristocrats. My father was... is... a general of Rome and brother-in-law to the Emperor. Naturally, that made me a noble too, but also largely irrelevant in terms of court politics or hierarchy." Ariadne smiled with a bit of embarrassment before continuing. "That actually suited me just fine, for the most part. We all dream of course, but I always loved reading and studying. One day, I impressed the Emperor with my knowledge of science, medicine, and other subjects. He decided to appoint me as royal tutor to his oldest daughter, who was born in the purple. I spent most of my life until now teaching and spending time with the princess. We became quite good friends... so I guess you could say I'm well acquainted with that kind of life even if it was more as an outsider looking in, ha.

Would it be proper of me to ask about your background too?"

Comment

"You need not be quite so formal for the time being, Ariadne. There is no one around to put on a show for now that we're outside of the sight of the others." The prince said as they continued walking until they had reached a room somewhere deep under the church. It was no lair but still a place of comfort, it was of course far more opulent than anything Ariadne imagined might be found in a church. Maloosha pointed to a wardrobe as sat on a comfortable divan and began to remove the nun's habit she was wearing while saying.

"I suppose one recognizes those most like themselves, being noble is something one is born to after all. Even if they don't quite make use of those gifts to better themselves. I suppose that is the difference between our clans, both noble and yet so very different. I could certainly see you as a tutor to let me see...Princess Anna I would guess. You are about the same age as far as I can remember. It has been sometime since I have really seen anyone from the court here in Thessaloniki." The wardrobe in front of Ariadne of course had clothes of every style imaginable though they were more the style that her own Anna might wear to a gathering rather than something she herself would normally wear.

"I would happily tell you of my own background if you wish, it is similar in some ways to your own." The prince had by now finished undressing and stood naked in front of the young vampire. She was not perhaps a classic beauty but she was attractive none the less and she certainly did not seem to have any shame in her body being displayed as such.
                    Last edited by dmronny; 23rd January 2016, 07:59.

Comment

"Of course," Ariadne said politely with a little smile. "Would you like me to address you by name?"

Ariadne opened the wardrobe and grinned. She'd always enjoyed the fashion and prettiness of court life. Her cheeks might have tinged slightly at the sight of of Prince Maloosha's beautiful naked body, but it wasn't completely unusual. They were just getting changed after all.

"Why yes, my cousin Anna was my pupil." She continued before pausing, a mix of pride and sadness flooding through her face. "I do miss her terribly. She never had much chance to inherit the throne once her brother was born, but I tried to teach her as if she would. She'd make a much better ruler. I just hope I did enough to help guide her...

I'm just dying to hear about your story. I bet it's quite the tale. Would you like me to pick out a dress for you?" Ariadne asked with a little giggle and a friendly smile.

Comment

The prince smiled as she moved closer her head slowly nodding as she looked at her young companion. "Yes, I think my name would work well enough. It's not like the mortals at the gathering will know me by name after all. I doubt if they get to church all that often, anyways."

The prince's head tilted just a bit as her smile deepened and she nodded once more. "I would be delighted if you would pick a dress out for me, something regal yet alluring."

Her eyes continued to remain fixed on Ariadne as she chose a dress from the wardrobe. The prince's body hovering very closely to her own as she nodded and spoke as from experience. "In my experience, the world would be a much better place if more women were allowed to rule. At least the one's who were born to it like your Anna, though there is always the occasional peasant who deserves better in life. Still you might be surprised by what can be accomplished within a puppet's shadow."

Comment

"Oh I agree. Like Cicero said, the aim of justice is to give every man his due. However, women are given nothing apart from what we take for ourselves," Ariadne said with a hint of resentment in her voice before she stopped and brushed her fingers against the orthodox cross she wore around her neck. "I simply cannot believe that God intended half of humanity to live a life of dull servitude when all evidence points to the contrary."

"Ah here we are!" Ariadne suddenly brightened when she found what she was looking for among the fine clothing in the wardrobe. She stopped and pulled out a black velvet dress with an intricate red design from the bust to the floor.

"I think you shall look irresistible in this," the Salubri giggled as she pulled it out and held it up for the Prince to examine. "What do you think?"

Spoiler

Comment

"Mmmm, two of my favorite colors and simply perfect for the gathering we'll be attending. Now we'll just need to get you into something equally irresistable for the party, first things first though." Maloosha said as she eyed the gown chosen for her with a devilish grin on her face.

The grin just seemed to grow wider as she set her gown to the side before reaching up and softly brushing a hand up Ariadne's arm until it had reached her shoulder. Ariadne could not help but notice the grin and the touch of the prince's skin against her own, when she suddenly felt her dress being unfastened. She only had a few seconds to catch her dress or she would soon be standing as naked as the prince, who continued to smile as she said.

"I find it a shame at times to realize what the world has become, when you think of some of the great women who have ruled before. You would have simply loved to have met Theodora, a shame she was taken before her appointed time. Perhaps your own sacrifice will see your own pupil rise to the same heights though."

Comment

Working...
                            X