The Nasara (Siphon's Ship)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Nasara (Siphon's Ship)

"That being the case, maybe we'll bring Tali with us next time. Unless you've got people on board for that, too. She knows the Normady better, though, not to knock your people."

"Rings?" Lilith echoes Aya's question, though it's more from not understanding the technology. She's seen the gate, but not the transporters. "And is it possible those are what caused the spike?" Seems the logical conclusion to jump to. "And, well, the Normandy's technology might not be able to handle having these things equipped but it doesn't mean you can't route power to them. There's a difference between using the drive core to run something than asking it to do everything else and run something you've cobbled together."

The Normandy folk don't have to be told twice to arm up. Lilith unhooks something from the back of her armor and in a matter of minutes, what was a metallic block has expanded into a rather wicked looking sniper rifle. James and Grunt have done the same thing, though with an assault rifle and shotgun, respectively. Jack carries a pistol, but the casual way she's holding it, clearly this is not her weapon of choice, so there's bound to be something else up the girl's sleeve.
    Behold my mighty dragons! (And help them grow!)
    While you're at it, click here for boobies.
    Help Unlock the Sexy spider lady
    You know your movie is in trouble when Sean Connery in a wedding dress is the least silly thing about it.
    Can someone please explain to me why there are 122 stories for PONG on ff.net?

Comment

Siphon nodded.

"The people I have are very good, but having someone more familiar with the ins and outs of the technology is always a good thing."

There was a pause, then he did his best to explain the rings to them.

"The rings are a different form of transporter system we make use of. They were designed to be able to transport people, or materials to a ship without the need to drop shielding, the matter stream simply attunes itself with the rings, seeks out another set of them on a partner ship, and then adjusts it's matter stream to pass through the shields. It's a much slower process than the transporter beams you'll get to experience shortly, but both are safe."

Again he paused before replying.

"The ring technology is incompatible with most power relays on ships other than our own of of Lantean design. There were designed to be powered a very specific way, and when you try to route power through them and use them with other systems ... well they have a nasty habit of blowing up. Which means either this ship got lucky not to be blown up or never activate them."

"Or someone found a way to make it work."

Siphon nodded at Aya.

"I suppose it's possible. Curious, indeed."

As they talked, they swung by a small armory where Aya grabbed some kind of energy weapon. Siphon himself appeared to have a form of energy pistol strapped to a holster at his side, the pistol resembling a large caliber Magnum more than anything. Once they were fully armed and ready, he'd lead them to the transporter room, which seemed to be almost right out of a movie.

Large, well lit and with a couple of consoles and a pad like area to stand on, there was no doubt what the devices were for.

"If you're ready, I'll set the coordinates and beam us down."
      And those who are prideful, and refuse to bow down, shall be laid low and made unto dust.

I'm a little rusty, but even drinking your blood, I think I can keep you alive for three months of torture.

sigpic

Comment

"Well, right now that would require a trip back and since we just got here, I'll just be sure to upload as much as I can and she can take a look at it when we get back. Now I regret leaving her behind."

"Can't drag all of us all over the galaxy all the time," comes from Jack. "Just, y'know, toward black holes and into monster-infested bases."

"You had fun, admit it," James chuckled. "Sticking it to Cerberus."

"Yeah, yeah. Let's get going. The less time we spend on this sand trap the better. I'll probably be spending a week cleaning sand out of my--" Lilith barked a cough. "Boots." Jack concludes, shooting her commander a smirk.

"We're not taking a shuttle?" This from James, who looks at the rings with a slightly dubious expression on his face.

Grunt barks a bit of a laugh and lightly chucks the marine in the shoulder. Since it's unexpected, it causes him to give a stumble-step. "Let's see you crash these ones."

"Ah, come off it." He recovers and lightly whaps the krogan with the butt of his gun.

"Boys, behave or I will make you stay on the ship," Lilith barks, though she seems amused by the banter. "Ready when you are," she'll tell the other pair.
        You know your movie is in trouble when Sean Connery in a wedding dress is the least silly thing about it.

Comment

Siphon shook his head, and noting the look at the rings smiled.

"No, and we're not using the rings either. We'll be using the other transporter system. Fair warning, you may see nothing for a moment when you transport. Depends on how your brain processes the act of transporting, everyone is a bit different. Stand by, beaming .... now."

After a moment, there was a sudden tingling sensation through them all, and then for a brief moment, nothing ....

((Making thread))
          And those who are prideful, and refuse to bow down, shall be laid low and made unto dust.

I'm a little rusty, but even drinking your blood, I think I can keep you alive for three months of torture.

sigpic

Comment

Moments later, Siphon, Grunt, Lilith and Aya appeared back in the transport room of the Nasara. Once they were back on the ship, Siphon seemed to relax somewhat.

sigpic

Comment

Siphon's remark about being a guard dog seems to have satisfied the Krogan. He's not grumbling nearly as much when they get back to the Nasara.

James and Jack, it seemed, hadn't gone far from the transport room, just enough out of the way that they wouldn't be a detriment when the others beamed up.

"Everything okay down there, Lola?" He's subtle about it, but James is giving her a once-over.

"Everything's good. We brought back something that's hopefully a lead, provided Siphon doesn't do something to blow us all up when he tinkers with it." She shoots the other commander a bit of a grin. "I'm thinking we're heading back to the station, so at ease, folks."

The Normandy crew will take their leave, unless any of them are needed for anything. James will catch Lilith's eye and toss a very slight nod of his head in Jack's direction along with a flick of his eyes. She'll respond with barely a nod. And unless Siphon or Aya needs them for anything, the group will take their leave, finding somewhere on the ship to relax, recoup, and just be out of the way.

(Saving Lil and Jack until after any response you might have and in case you need any of them.)

Comment

Siphon let out a short chuckle.

"I'll try not to make us go Supernova too quickly."

It seems he wasn't above a joke or two himself, and, from all signs, was in at least a slightly better mood than he had been on the planet. Then again, from the info they now knew, who could blame him for being so angry?

((Will let you do your thing with whoever you need before I funnel in Wolf's bit to tie up loose ends.))

sigpic

Comment

"Can't outrun the explosion when it's in the ship, just remember that," Lilith returns with a smirk. Given they're not needed and it isn't their ship to run, she and hers will stay out of the way. James makes it a point to hook Grunt away from the Commander, mentioning something about seeing about some grub or finding somewhere they can safely exchange a few punches in the short time it'll take them to get back to the station. Lilith, meanwhile, has the unenviable task of trying to talk to a sour-looking Jack.

"If you're just going to try and cheer me up, save your breath."

"I know you better than that, Jack. Gonna tell me what's eating you?"

"Who says there's something--"

"Because that's not your usual 'fuck with me and I'll rip your face off' expression. That's your 'I'm angry and I have nothing to direct it at' face."

"Well, aren't you just a goddamn detective." Another clue Lilith had was the fact that Jack was chaffing one of her arms. It was a tell she'd picked up when she realized punching the walls of the Normandy would only result in broken fingers.

"I won't say that it's not you, because we don't know. Be angry at them. Siphon is. You both have every right to be. Siphon just happened to get to him first."

Knowing what Jack had been through and what the Klarnell was insinuating, anything Lilith could say to comfort or reassure Jack would sound like spouting platitudes. That she knew the crew. Knew Jack. Knew they wouldn't have gone down without a fight. Without making their attackers pay dearly. Even knowing what they faced, her people would have fought to the last and probably did. Hell, they might have even been buying Jack enough time to leave the message. Or escape. There's no way they would have just shown their bellies.

Reaching out, she laid a hand on the other woman's shoulder, a simple gesture to most but one that had taken her long strides to reach with Jack. There was a twitch under her palm but Jack let her keep it there.

"Whatever happened, it's in the past. Whether it's yours or another you. And we have a history of spectacularly eradicating your past, don't we?"

Jack snorted out a laugh. "Yeah, we do." Her lips pursed some. "I didn't like hearing what that asshole had to say. I'm glad Siphon shut him up."

"None of us did, Jack. Just keep that in mind, okay?"

That earned her a glance, a look that stripped away the walls for a fraction of a moment, where the girl Jack was peeked out from behind the walls of "untouchable convict badass." "Yeah. Whatever." There was enough of a pause between the two words to hint she knew Shepard, and the others, cared. She just wasn't about to let them see it.

Lilith withdrew her hand. "Take some time when we get back to the station. Just don't break anything. Or anyone."

"God, Shepard, you've got a big a stick up your ass as your boyfriend. Hey, do you--"

"Don't even."

Jack snorted again and the two separated, Lilith watching the other girl retreat to somewhere on the ship she could relax. Maybe the Klarnell's words weren't exactly empty threats, but at least Jack wasn't going to let them weigh her down. She'd grown past that. If nothing else, it would only make her more fierce if she had to deal with them again.

Comment

Working...
                  X