Lauren Orphan (TentanariX)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Lauren Orphan (TentanariX)

Lauren would casually scope out the surrounding buildings and surroundings of the town, Hmm... I doubt he's anywhere southward, there's nothing but cliff that direction... He could be holed up in one the shops. That would give him some room to move and cover, while leaving us in the open... The foilage would give good cover and concealment if we'd need it... He's likely holed up in the church, one of the shops or the mansion... Lauren thought to herself as she surveyed the abandoned city. "Okay, ladies and gents. Get in the foilage. I'm going to call the bastard out. Try to keep out sight and your sights trained on him when he shows up. It's just too damned risky to split us up to try to cover all these buildings. Best to play it safe." She instructed her team as they would head for the foilage in the south side of the town. Once they were adequately concealed and in cover, she would clear her throat before calling out for the Zhetan. "ALRIGHT ALIEN! WE'RE OUT HERE! I DON'T FEEL LIKE PLAYING HIDE AND GO SEEK WITH YOU! COME OUT TOWARDS THE CENTER OF TOWN AND LET'S SEE WHAT YOU GOT!" she called out trying to lure the Zhetan into her groups line of sight...
    Spoiler

Perfection is humanly impossible. The more you reach for it the farther away it grows. Failure is inherited to our species as a whole. But punishing ourselves and beating ourselves up for it helps nothing. The best any decent person can do is try, and try, and try again. And try to get better little by little day by day.

Comment

It takes only a moment for Lauren to lose sight of her teammates in the brush. Serpico and Wolters hide among the tress to the right, looking across a dirt yard towards the clusters of stone huts. Tindall splits off and heads to the left, hiding in the fern bush across the street. Overall not far from each other, but giving slightly different vantage points.

Seeing all movement stop, Lauren calls out to the extraterrestrial. Nothing happens for a moment, but then Lauren hears a low humming sound. Among the cluster of huts, a small metallic approximately saucer approximately a half meter in diameter rises above the roofs. Under it's flat saucer is a pipe protruding from a box on a pivot, which points towards Lauren and flashes with repeating clacking noises. Super heated metal flies in her direction, but fails to strike her, peppering the ground and kicking up the dry dirt.

"Doesn't look like he wants to play nice," Lauren can hear Tindall mumble into her headset.

Spoiler
      I am a game designer. If you see me running, try to keep up.

Comment

As the saucer sized device would fire at her and kick dust in her face Lauren would make a hand gesture for one or more of the snipers to fire at it, hopefully taking it out or at least distracting it. She would then fire off a few shots at the Zhetan itself, trying to distract it from her hidden snipers or failing that goading it to follow her back behind a building closest to the foilage. If the Zhetan followed her, she would call into her headset, "Wolters! Grenades!" And hope the other woman was nearby and quick on the draw. The plan would be to at least significantly weaken the alien if not disable it outright...
        Spoiler

Perfection is humanly impossible. The more you reach for it the farther away it grows. Failure is inherited to our species as a whole. But punishing ourselves and beating ourselves up for it helps nothing. The best any decent person can do is try, and try, and try again. And try to get better little by little day by day.

Comment

Despite being fired upon, Lauren stands her ground and directs her team to take action before returning fire herself. She sees Tindall on her left come out of the ferns to get a better vantage and takes a single shot, only for it to go wide. A burst of fire from her right fairs better, hitting the saucer along with Lauren's own attacks, while a small metal pineapple beans the saucer before exploding right above it. The drone emits several sparks and lines of static electrical bolts before it falls back between the huts, missing many chunks.

Despite her focus on the nearby drone, Lauren spots another all the way across town hovering out of the mansion and towards the church.

Spoiler
          Last edited by the_taken; 16th June 2016, 03:48.

Comment

Lauren would catch her breath for a few moments once the first drone was dispatched. However, she curse under her breath as she would another one fly out of the mansion and into the church. "Shit. Looks like my first hunch was right. He's holed up in the mansion. or at least has all his drone parking there. Wolters you and the others advance towards the church. Try to keep in cover if you can. Stay sharp and watch the sky. See if you can take out the second one there. I'm going to try to make my way to the mansion. If you see any of his other toys, buzz me on the head piece, got it?" She would instruct her team making her way to the mansion where she suspected the Zhetan to be. She would stop to take cover/shelter in one of the abandoned shops, keeping her eyes peeled for either more drones or any other surprises. She would also keep on the look out for any possible cover.
            Spoiler

Comment

"Ya, those things aren't as tough as I thought," replies Wolters. "We'll keep an eye for the little things." "Roger," replies Serpico.

The drone at the far end of the village makes it across to the church and flies in through a broken window.

Tindall, Serpico and Wolters all move forwards and take better firing positions behind the stone wall surrounding the village. When nothing happens, Wolters and Serpico carge across open ground into the first cluster of huts. "Clear!" The both declare as they enter the first ones. "There's a courtyard here between the huts," informs Wolters.

"I'm backing you up," states Tindall flatly. "It wouldn't feel right if you found youself in trouble and you were alone without help." She hunkers down behind her wall and prepares to provide covering fire for Lauren.

Lauren herself runs down the road towards the gnarly cypress, approaching the first shop. As she gets closer, she finds broken and rotted patio sets littering the ground and the remains of a picket fence. The side of the shop has double screen doors, and Lauren can see more dining table and chairs, many knocked over.

Near the remains of the picket fence, Lauren senses something off. One of the still standing portraits on the wall still has it's glass panel, and is reflecting the light from the front window. In it there is the silhouette of a small saucer, and now that she's listening for it Lauren can hear another low humming sound. There's another drone inside the wrecked restaurant near the far wall, waiting to shoot at someone coming in.

The side wall of the restaurant has no windows, and all Lauren can see inside through the double doors are the remains of dining tables. Only the bar still stands towards the left and back of the room, shelves behind bear of liquor or drinking glasses. Judging by the angle of the reflection, if Lauren took few steps to her left the drone would be in her field of view, as would she be in the drone's.

Spoiler
              Last edited by the_taken; 16th June 2016, 19:38.

Comment

As Lauren would press her ear up against the swinging door she would be able to make out the hum of another drone. This one likely closer to the one in the picture frame. If she had to guess it was maybe 30 to 50 feet away, up against the other side wall of the building. She looks over to Tindall, signalling to step back some ways, but out of the drone's line of sight. She warms up her left arm, getting it ready to pitch before taking several deep breaths to calm and focus herself. Then she pulls the pin with her teeth counting to three before giving the grenade her best baseball pitch, aiming for the bar along the left and back of the building, hoping to either bounce it off the bar and to the drone or or at least to get close enough to do significant damage to it. She would then ready her rifle to fire a burst at the drone in case it wasn't destroyed and comes after them for a counter attack.
                Spoiler

Comment

Serpico and Wolters continue to move through the huts, finding the emptiness and wreckage eerie.

As soon as Lauren's grenade passes through the doorway it is greeted by a burst of alien gunfire. It passes unmolested and bounces off the bar as intended. Lauren hears the ding of metal on metal before a loud bang shakes the wall she's taken as cover.

Peering around the corner, Lauren see the robot is spinning wildly and fires on it. The first two bullets appear to go right though with little effect, but the last one causes the unit to shutdown, crashing heavily into the old floor.

Spoiler

Comment

Lauren would curse under her breath when she pops through the door to check for the other drone, "Fuck... Hey Wolters. You girls better be on the lookout. There were two drones in this bar, but the other one must have bugged out when me and Tinders took out it's buddy. It could very well be headed your way. Orphen out" she comms over to the rest of her team before heading to the courtyard continuing her way towards the mansion, keeping her eyes peeled for the Zhetan or any more drones.
                    Spoiler

Comment

"Roger that!" Wolters yells back.

"I can kinda see across the street," responds Serpico, "It didn't come out the front door. Was that your grenade?"

As Lauren rounds the corner of the decrepit restaurant, she just spots Serpico peaking out from a hut's doorway across and up the street. Galncing over her shoulder, Lauren spots Tindall peeking around the gnarly cypress.

Spoiler

Comment

"Aye. I needed to take a sentry waiting just inside the door. I think his friend either took off before or after the grenade went off, so there's still two more of the little buggers buzzing about around here. Watch your backs and keep alert Serpico. Orphen out." She would comm the squad mate back before she spotted Tindall hiding behind the gnarled tree giving her an all clear signal. She would then proceed towards the mansion slower, watching the skies and surveying her surroundings, vigilant for any more drones that decided to pop up and say hi.

((Proceed towards mansion, go into Overwatch.))
                        Spoiler

Comment

As Lauren passes the front the of the restaurant, she spot the inside and all the damage she's added to the already ruined building. The far wall from where she was before, now to her right has a doorway, blasted to pieces by here grenade. Right next to the restaurant is a variety stoor, and Lauren sees that it has been entirely gutted long ago. They even took the shelves. The back of the store has a door at the back, and based on the shape of the building she saw from its side earlier, the door doesn't lead outside, but to a larger space than the store front.

Across the street, Serpico has moved up and is softly speaking into her microphone. "I've got line of sight down the alley. All clear."

"This cluster of huts is clear," reports Wolters. "I'm going to sweep the other cluter next." The other cluster is to the north, across the dirt road.

The only sound is the gentle rustling of leaves in the wind, the boots on dirt and dust, and the nating call of a Turaco bird off in the jungle.

Spoiler

Comment

Working...
                          X