What's new

A very hesitant attempt

Crawdaddy

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: A very hesitant Attempt...

Yeah, that's better. Now it looks like both feet are on the same plane, and like the weight of her body rests on both her feet, with a slight angle forwards, which makes sense if she's to engage in combat with whoever's she's looking at.

Good job. :)

OP
Vicissitudo

Vicissitudo

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Yeah, that's better. Now it looks like both feet are on the same plane, and like the weight of her body rests on both her feet, with a slight angle forwards, which makes sense if she's to engage in combat with whoever's she's looking at.

Good job. :)
Thank you!

That should be done! I'm working on layered characters.

Last edited:
OP
Vicissitudo

Vicissitudo

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Looks good. :)
Thank you buddy! :)

Also thanks for all constructive criticism. I really appreciate it because it's what I need to improve! :eek:

So here a sketch for my next hesitant attempt...

Last edited:
OP
Vicissitudo

Vicissitudo

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Updated:

Last edited:

Crawdaddy

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I like it, the pose seems natural enough, and it's got a lot of dynamic in it.

One minor thing I thought about is how when most people get something poked near their eye, it tends to squint a bit, particularly by tightening the "lower eyelid" (not sure what it's called in English). I didn't find any good reference pictures online, sadly.

Looking back at it, you might've already done this to an adequate degree.

OP
Vicissitudo

Vicissitudo

Sex Demon
Reputation score

I like it, the pose seems natural enough, and it's got a lot of dynamic in it.

One minor thing I thought about is how when most people get something poked near their eye, it tends to squint a bit, particularly by tightening the "lower eyelid" (not sure what it's called in English). I didn't find any good reference pictures online, sadly.

Looking back at it, you might've already done this to an adequate degree.
Thanks for the comment! :)

Last edited:

Crawdaddy

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Hm. You removed her scowl, which removed a lot of the passion in her. Now she looks very neutral. Was that intentional?

If not, I'd recommend putting in some inflection in her face that signify disgust. Flared nostrils, raised upper lip, lowered mouth ends, etc.

I found a pic to illustrate in general:

OP
Vicissitudo

Vicissitudo

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Hm. You removed her scowl, which removed a lot of the passion in her. Now she looks very neutral. Was that intentional?

If not, I'd recommend putting in some inflection in her face that signify disgust. Flared nostrils, raised upper lip, lowered mouth ends, etc.

I found a pic to illustrate in general:

Hummm, honestly this time I did it on purpose. I wanted to try to keep the "angry" behavior the warrior girl had in the previous artwork.

However, thank you for the hint, as always! :)

Crawdaddy

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Ah, it makes sense in context with the post-ejaculation picture you added later.

OP
Vicissitudo

Vicissitudo

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Nvm, too silly idea. At least for now...

/edit

Some sketches..

Last edited:
OP
Vicissitudo

Vicissitudo

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Ok, so I did quite a big step here.
Since I started this thread, but even before, I have always been questioning myself how some artists were able to do smooth lines etc.
SAI, Manga Studio were always the first answers I found out but I never felt in the mood of trying them for some reasons.

First of all I have mastered Adobe Photoshop since more than 10 years of daily use. I work with graphics in general and I am quite proficient with most of the main Adobe software. In addition to that I use quite a bunch of other sowteare including 3D modeling, rendering engines etc. So why bother learning a new one? Nah...my brain is already enough fucked up.
Then I own the software with genuine licenses. I mean, I work with them and not secondary I believe the developers deserve the money since these software are just great and allow me to work every day.

So I did some research, applied myself on Photoshop (I started making a specific brush set for my hentai drawing purposes and I adjusted several settings) and finally I downloaded a VERY useful smoothing tool.

Now these are the results. I did the whole rough sketch + the outlines in something like 20 minutes. My older draws took me like hours and hours of boring refining work instead.

My latest attempt:

How do I feel right now:

Last edited:

LustFire

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

Have you ever considered simply increasing the image resolution? I sometimes worked on images that were 8000px in length or width. For me, it requires at least 16GB of RAM for the CG work.

Can you elaborate on your own opinion about smooth lines? I think another way to achieve this is to invest on a higher resolution tablet. I have an Intuos 5 and I'm starting to notice its effect on the line resolution in relation to the zoom level. Perhaps you're talking about jagged lines?

Coincidentally, I finished an outline work. I don't use Photoshop tools AT ALL, so I'm extremely dependent on my raw skill (for better or worse).

OP
Vicissitudo

Vicissitudo

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Have you ever considered simply increasing the image resolution? I sometimes worked on images that were 8000px in length or width. For me, it requires at least 16GB of RAM for the CG work.

Can you elaborate on your own opinion about smooth lines? I think another way to achieve this is to invest on a higher resolution tablet. I have an Intuos 5 and I'm starting to notice its effect on the line resolution in relation to the zoom level. Perhaps you're talking about jagged lines?

Coincidentally, I finished an outline work. I don't use Photoshop tools AT ALL, so I'm extremely dependent on my raw skill (for better or worse).

Well honestly I'm quite satisfied of this last result, considering I did sketch + outlines in barely 20 minutes. That means I can save time for my next attempts and keep improving my skills.
Usually I always used to draw on paper back in the past, indeed the purpose of this whole thread is to recover some self esteem since had stop drawing for a while. It's a hard work for me because isn't about technique only but I also have to work on my own thoughts. However, as I said I am quite satisfied of this last output. I'll attempt more detailed attempts soon when I will find some spare time. Usually I am VERY critic and hard on myself in general but sometimes I must have some little victories too, otherwise I will never grow.

About the issue related to photoshop is the uncontrollable scattering that comes when you try to do clean lines. I mean, photoshop it's absolutely godlike for painting but isn't the best in terms of clean lines and that's why most artists prefer Manga Studio to it.
A good walkaround would be to use Illustrator for the purpose.
So one can draw a rough sketch on photoshop then import the file on Illustrator and outline it using vector brushes and finally re-importing it as a smart object back to photoshop. Honestly these are just too many steps and, at least to me, would make the whole process quite annoying rather than fun.

For this reason I've worked on photoshop settings, brushes presets and on my Intuos sets too. Finally I downloaded a Photoshop plugin that controls the outlining smoothness.

About files size I work on quite big sheets, same as you. A3 at 600 DPI for projects and approximately the half for sketches.
I run a Laptop with 32 GB at 1600Mhz, CL9 RAM with a nVidia Quadro K3100m graphic card specific for workstations purposes with 4GB of dedicated RAM. CPU is an Intel i7 4900QM and I draw on an Intuos 5 Pro M.
File size isn't a big deal but won't fix the issue. It helps reducing it but doesn't fix it. If you draw with fast movements using a brush with Spacing set to 1% it also helps, but fast movements are hard to control, especially for tiny details. For these you have to draw slowly with controlled movements and here comes the scattering. I've attached two lines I've just drawn where you can see it clearly. In this example it's a bit exaggerated but I wanted to point this out.

As you I'm very dependent from my raw skills too but I consider them more when I draw on paper or painting with acrylics or oil. Photoshop is a tool, a computer is a tool, the Drawing Tablet is a tool as well. So I believe that to achieve the best result I first have to master my tools and that's what I am aiming for. Tools aren't doing the work for me but will help me to reach finest result.

If I am able to draw a properly proportioned eye on paper using pencils and ink but then I have troubles doing the same using Photoshop that means I have a tool issue and that what I needed to fix.
And, ofcourse, meanwhile I also have to improve my raw skills as well.

chrisroxxx

Cthulhu
Reputation score

I like your improvements, specially the last 2 pictures/attempts, looks way more dynamic/alive when comparing it to your former sketches, also the improvement in painting faces/expressions is noticeable :cool:.

OP
Vicissitudo

Vicissitudo

Sex Demon
Reputation score

I like your improvements, specially the last 2 pictures/attempts, looks way more dynamic/alive when comparing it to your former sketches, also the improvement in painting faces/expressions is noticeable :cool:.
Thank you! Trying to give my best and, for the first time after long time, I'm really having a lot of fun while drawing!!!

Last edited:
OP
Vicissitudo

Vicissitudo

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Since I haven't seen any yet I was thinking to make a reinterpretation of ULMF's mascot...also if anyone knows the name please let me know! :p

Sketching for now...

Last edited:
OP
Vicissitudo

Vicissitudo

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Hummm...what do you think, guys? Opinions? Suggestions?
Shall I add/remove anything?

Crawdaddy

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I think that looks pretty great. :)

I mean, I'm an ass-man, so I'd be cool with bigger buns, but that's not a technical aspect. :D

OP
Vicissitudo

Vicissitudo

Sex Demon
Reputation score

I think that looks pretty great. :)

I mean, I'm an ass-man, so I'd be cool with bigger buns, but that's not a technical aspect. :D
Thank you daddy! :D
Perhaps one day I'll draw a booty girl!

Anyway, new version + minor tweaks.

What do you think? Which expression should I let her have? I'd like to have a more naughty face, since she's opening the "forbidden ULMF vase"...but dunno...does it work? Or looks weird?
Considering that with colors will surely look more natural.