What's new

FTL: Epic Starr CYOA

Hali

Lurker
Reputation score
In the depths of space, your small ship floats, pursued by something... Only a few of you were able to make it on board, not a full compliment by any means. The galaxy is big, full of numerous alien races with different ideals and beliefs, but your first goal is survival...

Hey ULMF! Hali here, I've been meaning to give this whole CYOA thing a try, and I'd like it if you'd join me! This is my first go at running anything on the forums, so I'll be acceptin' all the input you care to give =) This CYOA is stylized through inspiration from the popular new Indy game "FTL: Faster Than Light," set in a universe of my design, Epic Starr, as well as a few others... (Dr. Who, SCP, Warhammer 40k, Guildwars 2 etc. If y'all want I'll add APA citations after every post). I've arranged a bunch of options for you to chose from to start our space adventure that require almost no understanding of either, so don't worry if you haven't heard of them. Fair warning, there will be sex, rape, and molestations a plenty, possibly even between crew members! But there will also be a chance that crew members may die, be capture, or otherwise be permanently/semi-permanently removed from the crew. It is also possible for your ship to be destroyed. Unlike FTL though, I will offer Game Over protection, and the option to revert to earlier points after catastrophe strikes.

Campaign Options:
I've arranged multiple campaign option for you to chose from. The campaign you chose will dictate your objectives, who the most common enemies are, and who is pursuing your vessel.
A: Space Jet Core: Fall of Earth
The Earth Military is preparing for an imminent attack from the Skorm Empire, it is common knowledge that they will be unable to win the fight, but they might be able to hold them off long enough for the people of earth to make it to safety, your small private vessel must find the refugee fleet for safety, or a planet to call home.

-Pursuing Fleet: Human

-Other Threats:
Unknown Aliens encountered in Nebulas, Horror themes

Zoltan Worlds: A small grouping of planets home to a strange race of peoples. Their green glowing skin gives off a strange energy that has been known to cause power flux in ships passing by their planets, or in close proximity to their larger ships. The Zoltan themselves are fragile in comparison to humans, but their technology is a little more advanced.

Roc Worlds: These creatures, made of a sentient rocky material. Their imposing size and the density of their bodies makes them a hardy race.

Pirates and Slavers: Of all shapes and sizes

Other: Upon request or appropriateness.

B: Skorm Empire-Escape from Hell
The Skorm Empire has gained control of all human core worlds, their dominance is supreme... But something on the edge of known space has happened upon some of the fringe colonies. Colonists on the edge of the galactic empire have encountered a new, terrifying foe. Only a few ships could make it out of the system without being consumed. Get back to the core worlds before they catch you!

Pursuing Fleet: Thrine, an organic race of genetically mutating creatures lead by strange humanoid creatures. (See Zerg: Starcraft, or Tyrannid: Warhammer 40k)

-Other Threats:
Unknown Aliens encountered in Nebulas, Horror themes

Ellitan: Tall, lanky, telepathically gifted aliens who hold the most powerful technology in the galaxy. Sometimes called "Space Elves," but this nickname takes criticism because of their strange, bony, physical appearance.

Asura: Allies of the Ellitan, a race of short creatures with large eyes and ears. Their technology is focused around the use of unmanned drones and mechas. (See Guild Wars 2)

Pirates and Slavers: Of all shapes and sizes

Other: Upon Request or appropriateness

C: Skorm Empire-Flight from Normandy
The Imperial Fleet is falling back from the front lines to deal with the rebel threat, unfortunately neither side is paying any mind to the colonists on the path of the oncoming hostiles. Escape the Normandy System and make it back to the core worlds!

Pursuing Fleet: Tutarin, a coalition of many alien races, lead by the Chosen. A race of avian humanoids who's religious fanaticism tells them that they have the right, and the duty to rule over all life in the universe. The Skorm Empire would not kneel, and thus, its people must be eradicated.

Other Threats:
Unknown Aliens in Nebula areas: Horror Theme

Rebel/Skorm vessels mistaking you for the enemy!: Human(Mostly)

Pirates/Slavers: Of all shapes and sizes

Other: As requested or appropriate

D: Stranded...
Your Vessel is stuck in the middle of a deep expanse in space, there seems to be no hope of rescue unless you can get your long range FTL functioning... Hordes of enemies of all kinds surround you, can you make it out?

-No pursuing Fleet, threats of all kind will attempt to kill or capture you... Or worse.

Ship Options:
A number of vessels were available during these time periods to privateers, which one did you escape in? (Pictures and internal layout provided in initial post after choice)
1-Destroyer
Pillar Class Assault Frigate
Pre-installed Rail Cannon which bypasses enemy shields

Starting Stats:
Weaponry: Average
Shields: Average
Sub-Light Engine: Below Average

Additional Systems
Oxygen, Sensors, Railgun Auto-Target, Medical Bay, Door Controls

2-Shield
Troy Class Blockade Support Frigate
Hardened Shields: Prevent all incoming attacks and enemy teleportation as long as they remain active.

Starting Stats:
Weaponry: Below Average
Sub-Light Engine: Below Average

Additional Systems
Oxygen, Sensors, Hardened Shields Counsole, Medical Bay, Door Controls

3-Scout
Tova Class Scout Frigate
Dual-Turbine FTL: Spins up the FTL Drive twice as fast as other ships

Starting Stats:
Weaponry: Below Average
Shields: Below Average
Sub-Light Engine: Above Average

Additional Systems
Oxygen, Door Controls, Medical Bay, Improved Sensors, FTL Turbine Room

4-Boarder
Javelin Class Assault Support
Boarding Clamps: Hardened frontal plating supports a unique tactic. The Javelin can attach itself to hostile craft and open airlocks onto the opponent's ship allowing for a boarding party to be initiated without use of a teleporter.

Starting Stats:
Weaponry: None
Sub-Light Engine: Average

Additional Systems
Oxygen, Sensors, Blast Doors, Medical Bay, 2x Boarding Rooms

5-Stealth
Class D Long-Range Dropcraft
Stealth Module: Allows the Dropcraft to Cloak, allowing it to break enemy target locks and more easily evade incoming attacks for a brief period of time.

Starting Stats:
Weaponry: Below Average (Manual)
Shields: None
Sub-Light Engine: Above Average

Additional Systems
Oxygen, Sensors, Door Controls, Medical Bay, Stealth Module

6-Carrier
Quicklaunch Class Drone Host
Advanced Launch Bays: Allows for quick deployment of drones, and superior control of their systems.

Starting Stats:
Weaponry: None
Sub-Light Engine: Average

Additional Systems
Oxygen, Sensors, Door Controls, Medical Bay, Advanced Drone Console, 2x Anti-Ship Drones

Crew Options
Your crew, a compliment of only two individuals, has managed to make it on board... Don't worry, you can pick up more later.

Crew W
Race: Human
Racial Traits: None
Training: Piloting

Race: Tutarin Hunter
Racial Traits: Double Combat Effectiveness, Double Repair speed, 50% hp
Training: Combat/Sex

Crew X
Training: Weapons/Piloting

Race: Zoltan
Racial Traits: Provides +1 system power, 75% Max HP
Training: None

Crew Y
Training: Engines

Training: Piloting

Crew Z
Training: Combat

Race: Asura
Racial Traits: Double Repair Speed, 1/2 combat effectiveness
Training: Piloting/Engines

Some Major Races in the Galaxy:

Mantis, Zoltan, Engi, Human, Rock, Slug

Tutarin Races:
Tutarin Chosen:

Tutarin Colossus:

Tutarin Hunter:

Asura:

Ellitan:

EDIT:
Common Thrine Genomorphs:
Thrine Ripper:

Thrine Spitter:

Thrine Destroyer:

Thrine Human Form (AKA: Hera):

Thrine Hunter:

Thrine Ravager:

Last edited:

Mind Flayer

The Sexy Futanari Admin Goon
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score
Re: FTL: Epic Starr CYOA

Campaign - D (Stranded)

Ship type - 1 (destroyer)

Crew - Y (with the second human being a futa ;) )

We've always gotta have a futa in the mix.

Zephyrion

Tentacle God
Reputation score

B. Run from the swarm

5. Stealth ship

Crew W Male Kroot for heretical xenos dickings of the pilot.

MrMe

Lurker
Reputation score

B
W-M

the_taken

King of the Impossible
Reputation score

B Run from the swarm!
6 Carrier has arrived!
Z Female assistant!

Lurker_01

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

B
W-futa

Last edited:

GargantuaBlarg

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Aww man, a FTL CYOA, and no Space Doughnut? The Space Doughnut's the best ship. :<

B, 6, W(futaaa).

nightshade99

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

B, 5, W-futa

Iwanako

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

B, let's run from the Zerg, I mean swarm.
6, who doesn't like carriers?

Only thing I'm wondering, does the Asura penalty from crew Z (1/2 combat effectiveness) only apply to personal combat, or also to all combative piloting skills? Since that repair perk seems useful if we're to stuff that one in a mech.
I vote crew Z with a female Asura if penalty doesn't apply to piloting combat equipment, else crew Y with second also being female.

xgkf

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Campaign: D (Stranded)

Ship: 3 (Scout)

Crew: W (Male Tutarin Option)

AngelEater

Sex Demon
Reputation score

B
W M
Do Thrine Ravagers come with facehugers?

S u r i

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

B
W (Tutarin is a female)

SilentSilth

Lurker
Former Moderator
Reputation score

Campaign B

Ship 3- Scout

Crew W - Tutarin Male

OP
Hali

Hali

Lurker
Reputation score

Q&A
-Asura crew have full combat effectiveness when working through automated weapon systems, but fighting hand to hand or with a weapon in hand draws a penalty.
-Though Ravagers have been known to be found in the same location as body huggers and head crabs, there is no observed link in their tactics. Although when a body hugger has finished with its prey, it most often leaves a Thrine Egg inside them somewhere that can hatch into a Larva. That Larva then mutates into any of the known Thrine Genomorphs.
Votes Tallied:
D(2) | B(11)
1(2) | 5(3) | 6(5) | 3(2)
Y(1) | Z(3) | W(9)
F(4) |m(5) | mf(4)

The red star known as "River Styx" burned over the research station on Hell 2, the noxious, super-heated atmosphere basked in the red glow. The only thing keeping the station from vaporization during the day, and freezing at night, was the thin Insulation Shield (TM Alger-Tek Corporation). The team had been sent to the planet to investigate reports of anonymous energy signatures, along with a small group of colonists who were attempting to set up some terraforming equipment bought new from Trigate.

Recovered Intel: Pilot 6128's log:
Pilot 6128's Log: Day 2
Once planet side the the expedition had no trouble picking up the strange signal, its source emanating from somewhere only a few hundred meters below the crust of a fairly stable area of the planet's volatile volcanic surface. For the first few weeks mining operations proceeded as normal. There were even cultural advancements on board the rig, some refugees from Normandy had offered their services and who knew? The Alien's seemed fragile at first, but they made up for it in sheer skill and strength. The wiry little Tutarin Hunters made first class laborers on board the station.

Pilot 6128's Log: Day 13
I've been assigned a co-pilot to help with repairs, one of those Tutarin Hunters. He's a little scrawny, but I tell ya he knows his way around the equipment on this ship like he was born here. We took one of the shuttles on a few runs, and delivered a few loads of compounds the egg heads found on the planet. Call me crazy, but I swear I heard somethin' banging around inside one of the crates. Dockmaster on Overlord told me it was probably some loose sediment. I suppose that makes more sense, I've really gotta stop watching all those bad horror movies.

Pilot 6128's Log: Day 36
The miners found something today that sent the egg heads on the Longboat Research satellite into a tizzy. A whole wing of the labs down here were sectioned off for classified research. That's when things started to get weird. Rolling blackouts hit the station that night, if that Alger-Tek shield didn't come with internal backups, everyone on the research rig would have had to be chiseled off the floor with an ice pick. On a side note, the station's AI computer locked up when I tried to get into the hangar to meet my partner today... I guess maybe I've been spoiled by how smooth the doors on the core world stations operate, but I've never had an issue with the doors before.

Pilot 6128's Log: Day 38
A few minors came back sick today. I happened to be on the sediment deck observing the chemists when the mining care came back. It blew through the stops and crashed into the rock wall. The men inside were... Different somehow, wrong. Security came before I even had the chance to get to the deck to help. They were really aggressive about it too... Not long after that there was a power outage again. By the time it came back on my bunk door was jammed... Damn this station, they don't call it Hell for nothing.

Pilot 6128's Log: Day 39
We took a whole load of bio-boxes to Longboat today. Apparently the egg heads think the Trigate Cryofreezers down here aren't dependable enough to maintain quarantine with the blackouts. They wouldn't tell me what was in there, but all the boxes came from that research area... Thats where they took the sick miners. Command took the doors off their computers, half the doors in the facility were jammed, but now we've gotta open them by hand. I swear, all the bumping and rattling around this station... Its coming from down below, there's something down there.

Pi1o# 6128'$ Iog: Day 39.2
I saw one, something. I don't know what it was. The AI won't respond, my door is jammed again, the door controls must have reengaged somehow. I can't get out of my room, but that thing, I think its in the walls. I can't sleep... I've got my side arm here, but nothing else, not even an extra clip.

p1l07 6128'5 l09: D4Y 40
Reporting from mobile audio device. People are missing from their posts, just didn't show up for duty, they're not in their bunks either. Me and some other folks bunking near the hangar, we heard... Voices-No not voices... More like... I don't know how to describe it. It sounded like something crying in the hangar, scratching on the walls. Today the jar heads from Overlord took over for station security. Fuck man, I've gotta get out of here, we've all gotta get out of here.

@1|07 XXXX: 01123123_41
If you're hearing this, we're evacuating the station. I was right! There's something here, something not natural, something I've never seen before! We lost contact with Overlord, but I wouldn't go there to save my life. The soldiers rounded everyone up for safety drills, I didn't go, I knew I shouldn't go. There was gunfire, the screams. I remember the screams! One of the other pilots is with me, we're trying to get to the hangar, but the soldiers are everywhere, some of those things are down the hall, maybe they'll distract the soldiers long enough for us to escape.

TRANSLATOR ERROR: DAY 41.2
She got away, her and my copilot. There weren't enough pods left for me. I.. I 'm so hungry. i pH33l 5Ick... 7H3R3'2 5OM37HiN' iN5ID3 Of M3h. I ph33L i7 mOViN', i7 HuR72...

WhY W0'n7 5h3 k0m3 84cK. 1 Ju57 W4N7 70 PH33L H3r W4rm7h, 1 w4N7 70 l37 H3R KN0W H0W muCh 1 W4n73d H3R... 1'lL 83d 5h3 745732 gR347... 73H GU4RD2 R G3771N' 84CK... G00D, 1'M HUNgry 3n0UGH 70 Ch3W 7Hr0UGH 4RM0R...

-Pilot 6128 Reported KIA by Skorm Special Security Team Bravo

A hand full of shuttles were flying away from the station, most fled for the comfort of the larger vessels, the Longboat and the Overlord, but a few moved to the Frigate platform in low orbit. On board one of the shuttles was Scarlet O'Connor, Designation 5610 and 6128's partner, a male Tutarin Hunter Kar'rak Nobius, TH-0102

Expedition Image Files re: O'Connor, & Nobius
Scarlet O'Connor

Kar'rak Nobius

The odd pair swiftly exited the dense atmosphere of Hell 2, the shuttle not meant to travel at the velocity they were moving very long. Their shuttle was with company on its way to the Frigate platform, and even now, Scarlet watched from the helm as other ships began to dock. From the back Kar'rak worked furiously at the engines, trying to keep their seals in place and avoid lighting an oxygen fire in the process. Only a hundred meters away from the station, Scarlet watched as the engines of one of the docked destroyers fired. She gritted her teeth, "The Docking clamps on that ship aren't disengaging." She growled into the coms.

Kar'rak gave a disgruntled growl, shoving an energy cell back into place. The entire platform began to list, the Destroyer's pilot panicked, punching the engines to try to break away. The clamp at the stern of the ship snapped, and the bow rolled forwards into the station. The soundless explosion suddenly gained its voice as the atmosphere of the frigate washed over the shuttle, threatening to send it spinning away from the station. Scarlet's steady hand kept the craft en route though, swiftly adjusting to the spin of the station.

The Frigate platform was beginning a slow descent towards the atmosphere, but it seemed they were going to make it! Just as they entered the atmosphere shield of the hangar, the engines of the shuttle gave out with a disturbing metal on metal grind. With a single roll they slid to a stop, Kar'rak almost immediately bursting through the dented door and onto the platform, Scarlet close behind. Another shuttle slammed full speed into the lip of the hangar just as they reached the airlock, the outside shield beginning to fail as the door closed, the sound of suction on the other side as they were allowed into the platform interior.

Blindly they chose the first ship they could find, the "Sparrow". Quickly they raced inside, their airlock leading them almost directly to the bridge, Scarlet pulled up the ships controls, a holographic image of the ship's layout appeared, along with the designation of the on board AI, labeled "Jack."

Skorm Fleet Files re: Quicklaunch Class Frigate-Sparrow
Exterior View:

Interior Schematics:

Crew Deck:

Spinal Bridge:

Drone Deck: (NOTE: Drone Deck is exposed to vacuum, no hangar seal)

"What do we do now!?" Kar'rak asked, watching out the viewer as the frigate, along with the station were spinning towards the planet in a most dizzying fashion...

"Hang on and get ready for some fancy flying, we're about to..."
CHOICES
A- Separate from the station and divert as much power as possible to spinning up the FTL drive before we hit atmo.

B- Separate from the station and attempt to escape the planet's grav well on sublight engines.

C- Try to save as many people as we can by towing the station back into orbit.

D- Other.

Mind Flayer

The Sexy Futanari Admin Goon
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score

D Self destruct the ship and restart with at least a futa on the next try, a human one this time that can be smexed like no tomorrow. :mad:

Though since nobody will likely really agree with that vote I say C maybe we'll get a futa crew member that way :D.

Courage Wolf

The Admin who is Raid Boss
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I could go with C. It would be possible to at least stabilize the station, though if the situation degrades any further, we'll probably have to bail.

xgkf

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Eh.... C for now as well, I think.

Master_Bei_Shun

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Cant see how a single carrier can move a station without serious prep or help

But you cant crew something that size with 2 people

(B) - Just slingshot the planets gravity well... Get outta there... Everything else has too many variables... Attempting to save people puts you at risk of being dragged along as well as making you a stationary target

Never good idea to divert Shield Power to engines...

Best hope for some escape pods sending encrypted SOS if you wanna new crew mate...

Iwanako

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

I'd say C. Our Anima/Drones are autonomous(I presume, do we even have some to launch to begin with?), but crewing a carrier with two doesn't sound too great. Try to tow the station into orbit, but Bail out when it becomes too much effort.