What's new

SunsetRiders7

Demon Girl
Reputation score
The time has come to start showing ulmf what we have been working hard at for the last two months. Most of you know already that our new project moving forward is completely OC. With this change allows us to produce more content for the community to follow as development progresses. We now have an active YouTube channel, Trello (public project management board), and plans for a demo. I plan on sharing all public updates for this project on ULMF moving forward. So now on to our project.

Vision Document

This document is our ideas and sales pitch if you will on the project.

The city of “TBD” has been recovering from a brutal war that has lasted the last decade. They know they are losing, so Nobles spend their days and nights drinking and partying in their safe walled off section of the city. All while draining the resources of the lower classes. The King is said to have lost his mind during the savagery of the battle of “TBD”. Wide spread rumours have the Princess using his weakened state as an opportunity to control him, creating a puppet King. All sorts of dregs have been seeking refuge in the lower city; this is leading to widespread corruption and depravity. This is the perfect situation for you to wrest control of the city from the current rulers.

You enter this story playing as one of three classes. All of which have unique resources, and skills other than gold. Your story begins in the lowest town where interactions will change based on the class you have chosen. Helped by your companion, you must navigate a story, events, scenes, and goals all unique to your class. You will need an income source, which you utilize your unique bonus or income abilities.

Classes

Thief

You were once a bandit king in a far off city; you were betrayed and lost everything you had worked for. Now you must use the abilities you honed during your reign to rise to the top again.

Unique Ability: Steal: You’re able to rob and pickpocket your way to the top. Some admire, but you have always have taken what you want. Acquire items and money other classes don’t have access to.

Unique Resource: Reputation: In the underbelly of any city only one thing matters and that is your reputation. You have gone from the bottom to the top once before, and this time you will rise even quicker.

Unique Companion: Former Lieutenant:Your right hand, confidant, and someone you trust with your life. During your betrayal there was only one who fought beside you, this solidified your bond.

Main Gameplay: Balanced Sex scenes. You’re most comfortable operating at night.

Easier difficulty during lower tiers of the city due to the connections you have established
You have access to money faster than other classes
You have the ability to take over the gangs of the city as your reputation rises
Wealthier areas of the city prove more difficult
As you grasp more control you open options to extort and blackmail

Disgraced Nobleman

You are the last surviving son of a foreign disgraced noble family. Forced to flee your lands you come to the city looking to regain the respect of your families name.

Unique Ability: Persuade: Years visiting the most influential courts in the land you have learned the advanced social skills needed to survive in those places. Exert influence through seduction and charm to gain options; other classes are not privilege to.

Unique Resource: Influence: With power comes influence, being born into power you have known no different. Your lack of influence now has you craving what you have lost; you are driven to regain your power at any means required.

Unique Companion: Half-Sister: the daughter of your father’s mistress and only other direct surviving family member who is willing to do anything you request.

Main Gameplay: Incest sex scenes, you wake up early and operated during the day as that is what you have been taught growing up. Values of your family are what you hold dearest.

Grown up as a noble still provides you subtle rights, easier difficulty in wealthier areas
Ability to persuade more people as you rise to power granting more access to incomes and other options
Being a noble in the slums is not fun therefor it isn’t an easy road early for you.
Nobility comes at a cost, income is middle of the three classes
Nobility means you are lawfully able to buy property in the wealthiest areas of the city, an ability not afforded to lower classes.

Slaver

Finding a good slave is easy, training a slave is easier. During the great slave revolt in the east, your skill set is no longer appreciated in your homeland. The empire you once provided an essential trade no longer exists as the slaves you once provided rose up and revolted, gained control, forcing you to flee. You now have settled and miss greatly your old profession. Time to start slaven’.

Unique ability: Break: Breaking a human is as easy as taking a piss. You always say “anyone can be broken” you get a thrill out of breaking even the most strong willed of people.

Unique Resource: Dread: You have been here for a very short time and already have a reputation as a vicious slaver; you smile as this makes your job easier.

Unique Companion: Former Slave turned Slaver: a well-trained helper who has proven their value to you many times over.

Main Gameplay:Sex scenes domination: You’re evil and love it! Who cares about the afterlife, it’s about the moment for you. You live for the break, and the training of slaves.

Your reputation makes life difficult in all areas of the city, but if it was easy it wouldn’t be fun for you. The challenge gets you hard.
You exhausted all your cash hordes, not even a copper to spare. But slaves = money.
You see money all around you and know you can have it all! But it won’t be easy (hardest road to power)
You need to find the black markets and run them, that is the key to your rise!

Bonus - Corrupter

Late game development addition, possible expansion or unlockable character.

Born an orphan you met a mage at a very young age. Apprenticed and realized the old man a fool who didn’t realize the power he could yield. As an adult you were driven from your homeland by superstitious peasant fools. Now in the city you feel you can let your power free, but care must be had when you use dark magic, it’s only a problem when you get caught.

Unique ability: Control: You have been perfecting your art out of sight of commoners for a very long time. You get great pleasure out of being able to make somebody do whatever your heart desires.

Unique Resource:Magic: peasants don’t like it, but that’s ok they don’t have to because they can do nothing about it.

Unique Companion:Witch apprentice: She seeks you out due to your reputation and expertise in the dark arts.

Main Gameplay: Mind control sex scenes: You operate best in the shadows, learning from past experiences it’s best people don’t see you actively use magic. You prefer to watch from a distance.

-People don’t like what they don’t understand. You must use caution.

-Control equates to power and income

-Nobody is safe from your abilities

Gameplay

Managing resources, unlocking scenes through your relationships with characters will be the main gameplay you will experience. We want most NPC (non-player controlled) and base characters to be unlockable although special scenes will be modified by your class story line. Your companion will be the main character you are able to provide costume changes for, some other characters will be available also. Once you unlock areas of a city they will remain open to go back to. You are able to purchase property, and sell said property. In wealthy areas of town money becomes less useful as it’s seen as a requirement not a resource. You will need to manage your status in these areas. We are aiming for a 2-3 hour play through, but with multiple classes bring that number higher. This all happens during a day and night cycle.

Sex Scenes

Everything is class dependent and each scene will cater to different preferences of that character. Every female character in the game will be attainable, some are slutty and easy, and some like the chase and others will only be had by a certain type of man. That being said some characters have reputations so choosing one, will potentially lock off another. We are aiming for variability and having multiple plays through that may provide different experiences.

Development

The game is being designed around our whole platform on Patreon. Meaning we are working at providing significant content during every build release. We want to eventually move to a 2 week build release schedule during certain phases of development. The slums will become the demo of the game, allowing us to release a public build. Patreon will be well ahead of all public releases. We are aiming for a 4-6 month development window at this point. The concept is variability, and the complete design of the game is surrounding this idea. We will be developing the game in near double the resolution of Injustice (1080p). We may scale this back if performance issues arise on peoples hardware. Multiple saves, text skip, autosaving and a lot of other features are already built in. We are using simple animations for menus and background (you will see this on this month’s build). We will be adding music as a last step in the game. We are devoting nearly 100% resources to this project, this is unprecedented in our company. We are very excited to see what and where we can take this.

A note from Sunsetriders7

I'm excited to take all the experience I have now and put it into a game from the start. Also with it being 100% OC it unties my hands to just do what I want. The IPs are great to start because you don't have to design anything but become cumbersome as you go and you're locked into existing characters and places. There will also be nods to some of the characters I like put in as well. I had been thinking up a lot of elements since I started working on Injustice which have been put into planning this. So everything that you see here is been planned for a couple months now.

Already I have the frontend of the game made with multiple saves and everything Injustice lacked for a long time built in right at the beginning. I will have a build out by the 31st and then start moving along again. Injustice isn't dead but we'll have to sit down and figure out what we're going to do with it in the future. With more focus on the game going forward I think a two week cycle build release should be possible eventually.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
S

SunsetRiders7

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Re: Path of Kings (Gunsmoke Games)(Sunsetriders7)

Commentary for build 0.0.1
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/gS7dxMe97eU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Commentary for build 0.0.2
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/93TM5ELbB2s" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Also if your interested we do a bi-weekly webshow over on YouTube where we answer Patreon questions.

Ryuukun

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

Looks intradesting! Can't wait to see more of this. Putting a lot of hope in the game! :p

guyver

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

seems very nice. :)

Manamana

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Oh, worth being followed :)

Dataslycer

Cthulhu
Reputation score

Is it bad that I am getting Game of Thrones vibes from this?

FlyingChaosPie

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

You've perked my interest, hope to see this fly in the coming times :)

Zodiark69

Tentacle God
Reputation score

My one and only question. Are we a female only in this game? No male to play as, eh?

OP
S

SunsetRiders7

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Is it bad that I am getting Game of Thrones vibes from this?
Not bad at all! We are getting inspiration from lots of places. You can expect a little higher level of Fantasy than GOT.

My one and only question. Are we a female only in this game? No male to play as, eh?
You really will not see your main character, although they will be male. All the companions will be female, and they are your main interaction throughout your ascension to the throne.

Zodiark69

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Not bad at all! We are getting inspiration from lots of places. You can expect a little higher level of Fantasy than GOT.

You really will not see your main character, although they will be male. All the companions will be female, and they are your main interaction throughout your ascension to the throne.
Alrighty, so we play as a male. Just wanted to know. Thanks for the answer. :D

momoneyc4

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

This sounds a lot like Slave Maker. I'm not saying that's bad, but is that what it is?

OP
S

SunsetRiders7

Demon Girl
Reputation score

This sounds a lot like Slave Maker. I'm not saying that's bad, but is that what it is?
No not really. This is primarily a VN but with management aspects to it. Much like my last project but with a complete redesign geared toward replay-ability. The three classes progress through the world in completely different ways, some with heavy management focus (slaver), and other that are more dialogue focused (nobleman). The slaver will be the only character that will be able to enslave a character. Hope this answers your question

Ryuukun

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

Hey! Any news on this project? :3

OP
S

SunsetRiders7

Demon Girl
Reputation score

It's being developed currently, although a different approach to the development is taking place. There won't be much public news till next month when we finalize a few things. Then we will share what has been going on and what to expect.

Ryuukun

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

Alright, thanks for the reply!

AHHHHHH And Agony

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

So, what happened to this? It looks really good, but it seems abandoned.

bacchusplateau

Demon Girl
Reputation score

According to SunsetRiders7 patreon page, here is some updates on the Path of Kings...

1) SunsetRider7 is going to be in charge of production of PoK but will be limited in the work he'll actually do. This is so SunsetRiders7 can concentrate on his parody work, i.e. Something Unlimited.
2) SmokeShank will be heavily in involved with an artist by the name of Hpcritical / Hentaipatriarch has been brought on board to assist in asset drawing.
3) Game is to be released upon completion and not a moment sooner (SmokeShank words not mine)
4) While they don't want to hype up the game before completion, tentative release date is Q1 or Q2 of 2017.

The preceding points were posted on Patreon on August 8th, 2016. As of October 11th, 2016, it looks as if they are going to be releasing some BGs to $10+ patrons in the coming weeks.

Hope that helps in keeping you up to date!

NaoSoul

Tentacle God
Reputation score

It isn't. The dev has another game, called Something Unlimited, which is currently the focus of his efforts (I think).

OP
S

SunsetRiders7

Demon Girl
Reputation score

According to SunsetRiders7 patreon page, here is some updates on the Path of Kings...

1) SunsetRider7 is going to be in charge of production of PoK but will be limited in the work he'll actually do. This is so SunsetRiders7 can concentrate on his parody work, i.e. Something Unlimited.
2) SmokeShank will be heavily in involved with an artist by the name of Hpcritical / Hentaipatriarch has been brought on board to assist in asset drawing.
3) Game is to be released upon completion and not a moment sooner (SmokeShank words not mine)
4) While they don't want to hype up the game before completion, tentative release date is Q1 or Q2 of 2017.

The preceding points were posted on Patreon on August 8th, 2016. As of October 11th, 2016, it looks as if they are going to be releasing some BGs to $10+ patrons in the coming weeks.

Hope that helps in keeping you up to date!
This is correct

It isn't. The dev has another game, called Something Unlimited, which is currently the focus of his efforts (I think).
Not entirely SR7 will be doing all his parody work, Path of Kings will also be broken into 3 smaller games each following a day or days leading up to the original idea. So our first game will be the day the thief character has to flee. The reason for splitting up the games is to develop the story and characters, we all will be using an entirely new plug-in and game model (point and click adventure rather than visual novel).