What's new

Camelot: The Game

zilot93

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Hello. This fantastic story takes place in ancient times. Times of magic and mythical creatures. CAMELOT!
The story you see, begins at the moment of Arthur's birth. Future King, leader of Britons and just a good guy.

We're also available on:

Twitter:
Blogspot:
If you have any questioins, feel free to contact us:

Email: [email protected]

In our Camelot, characters are not the ones you used to know!

Unlike the original legend, our Merlin is one of a kind hot sorcerer, who's practicing different types of magic to create new friends... Even if it means creating a Frankenstein's monster.
Mermaids, descedants of the fallen empires, scarecrows... Huge variety of characters will make your head explode!

Unique artstyle:

Our artists are experienced people who love their job and who would love to surprise you with a lot of interesting material!

Plot:

This game is featuring dynamic story with a lot of funny moments, and of course H-scenes.
It's your choice to be an evil bastard with a lusty mind, or to be an epic knight in the shining armor!

Classic battle system:

Our battle system was inspired by old JRPG games, so get ready for that too!

Romance:

You play as future King Arthur, so it's your choice who's your chosen one. Wide variety of humans, monsters and others to fullfill his desires (Or fate)!

On our patreon you can find all of the information about recent updates!
Patreon - is a crowdfunding site which helps young companies to get their audience. So if you enjoyed this concept, we're waiting for you!

Our game is free, so go check it out! But keep in mind that by supporting us, you will speed up the releasing of the game.

A little bit about us:

We're people from the Europe. Who're connected with a bond of enjoying h-games and a high inspiration for making something like this!

Screenshots:

Download links:

For Windows:
Google drive:
Mega:
For Mac:
Google drive:
Mega:
For Linux:
Google drive:
Mega:

What's new:

Ver 0.68:
  • Chapter 3 is now complete.
  • Added 3 new characters: Hyeon-ju, Mahildra and Zeal.
  • Added 8 new quests.
  • The "Wooden death" quest has been extended.
  • Added 3 new locations.
  • Added new background music.
  • Arthur's "Wide strike" skill has been changed to work properly.
  • Changed message/dialogue window style.
  • Improved performance.
  • Fixed bugs from previous releases.
Ver.0.67:
  • Added new art screens between the chapters.
  • Added the third chapter with 8 quests. 3 of them are for main story and 5 side quests.
  • Added 9 new locations.
  • Added one more story from Merlin's diary.
  • Added the system to restore your progress. (Available only for Patrons.) If you have played the first chapters and want to start from the new content you can choose to begin from the third chapter, answer a few questions and the game will adjust the conditions.
  • Added a lot of new background music.
  • The Hall of Fame has been updated. (Available only for Patrons.)
  • Numerous new characters has been added.
  • Added the art for the Witch
  • Added the art for the unknown girl in the mine and the quest for her.
  • Added the art for the jailer's daughter and the quest for her.
  • Improved translation of the first chapter.
  • Performance optimisations.
  • Fixed a number of bugs.
Ver.0.52:
  • Improved translation of chapter 2
  • Bug fixes
  • New background music
  • Added Hall of Fame.
Ver.0.51:
  • This minor update includes optimised assets handling which should solve crashes due to memory leaks and also some other bugfixes.
Ver.0.50:
  • Added 22 game locations.
  • A lot of new characters to meet and events to see.
  • New background music to enrich the game world.
  • More than 3 hours of gameplay.
  • Quest log. Use it if you unsure where to go and what to do.
  • World map and fast travel. With the new engine comes new ways to make traveling more convinient.

Last edited:

autizboyz

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score
Re: Camelot: The Game

I see what you did there "Came" "Alot".

May i know what kind of genre is this? Like harem or somesort like that.

OP
zilot93

zilot93

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

May i know what kind of genre is this? Like harem or somesort like that.
It's true that the game will have a lot more female characters than the male ones, but we want to have a lot of BDSM, but keep quiet! It's our little secret!
Wait... Oh.

AGamerPassingBy

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Ooh, looks good! :)

But, the blue color spots on the brown-orange skin of the octolody kinda distracting in a bad way, but i hope that was just me :p.

But, Camelot is exactly the original name, if anything, you should credited the original name-giver.

Last edited:

Combustion Man

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Hi,
I tried to download the english unpacked version, it stopped at 95%

cmacleod42

Reputation score

I downloaded and tried playing the game and it was incredibly slow. I get this similar issue at times for RPG Maker MV games but this does not seem to be a MV game.

Text displays painfully slowly, and it still very slow holding down shift. Screen transitions were also very slow.

A pity, I am very fond of Arthurian tales.

autizboyz

Reputation score

Ooh, looks good! :)

But, the blue color spots on the brown-orange skin of the octolody kinda distracting in a bad way, but i hope that was just me :p.

But, Camelot is exactly the original name, if anything, you should credited the original name-giver.
Lol chill, it was just a joke. I know the origin story about Camelot and King Arthur, it just when its a H game it sound like came alot.

As for the game, it need more tweak on the speed text.

AGamerPassingBy

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Lol chill, it was just a joke. I know the origin story about Camelot and King Arthur, it just when its a H game it sound like came alot.

As for the game, it need more tweak on the speed text.
Oh, i'm sorry if i came out too hot back there :p, i was just lamenting the fact that this game isn't named "Cumalot" :D.

Yeah, the speed of text and also transition need a some optimization. But, other than that, things felt nice.

OP
zilot93

zilot93

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I downloaded and tried playing the game and it was incredibly slow. I get this similar issue at times for RPG Maker MV games but this does not seem to be a MV game.

Text displays painfully slowly, and it still very slow holding down shift. Screen transitions were also very slow.

A pity, I am very fond of Arthurian tales.
Well, we will add a lot of optimisation into v.22. Also the fast skipping of the text will be available too.
Could you send screenshot with or the amount of the fps in the game (press f2)?

cmacleod42

Reputation score

Well, we will add a lot of optimisation into v.22. Also the fast skipping of the text will be available too.
Could you send screenshot with or the amount of the fps in the game (press f2)?
The FPS shown on the window title is 12 FPS

Without holding the shift key the game takes about 3 seconds to display a line of text.

boyo111

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Not a bad start, I never thought I would find Merlin sexy...but there ya go.

Didn't find much to do other than the wolves but I would definitely keep playing the more you add.

Combustion Man

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

It finally worked after pausing and then resuming the download.
Well, i didn't go further than the title screen, it's very slow then it crashes on full screen (CTRL + F5 )

keith3

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Overall I like the story of the game. Merlin's cute, and Archi & Richard make a great combination. The remaining feedback is more logistical.

• Text speed was already mentioned, but I'd also increase movement speed. Might seem slower than normal RPG Maker games cause Camelot has higher resolution.
  • By default in RPG Maker shift won't move to the next text screen, it only speeds up text display. I'd stick to defaults so players aren't thrown off.
  • I'm not a huge fan of the Enter/Esc key combinations as Z/X are much more convenient (unless you're going for 1-handed play, but you still can't open the menu). Would recommend providing the option to use Z/X as well.
  • In the intro as Uther I can interact with the chair/vase to the right of Merlin's house as Author. Just a minor bug.

Good luck on the project!

OP
zilot93

zilot93

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Overall I like the story of the game. Merlin's cute, and Archi & Richard make a great combination. The remaining feedback is more logistical.

• Text speed was already mentioned, but I'd also increase movement speed. Might seem slower than normal RPG Maker games cause Camelot has higher resolution.
  • By default in RPG Maker shift won't move to the next text screen, it only speeds up text display. I'd stick to defaults so players aren't thrown off.
  • I'm not a huge fan of the Enter/Esc key combinations as Z/X are much more convenient (unless you're going for 1-handed play, but you still can't open the menu). Would recommend providing the option to use Z/X as well.
  • In the intro as Uther I can interact with the chair/vase to the right of Merlin's house as Author. Just a minor bug.

Good luck on the project!
We already have all that stuff in 22 version.

Thank you guys all for help and feedback!
We're really appreciate that!

Buffmuffin

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Is the wolf supposed to be beatable after you train with the scarecrow?

Because it doesn't seem to be... Just gives a game over, tried to take it 8 times, there is no combination of strategy to defeat it. Simply not enough hit points. Never got it below 33%

Only thing i can think is there are some healing potions somewhere in game i haven't found.

Which brings me to next point... Translation needs a lot of work, English is native language, and some of it was very difficult to comprehend.

And of course th aforementioned text speed, and travel speed.

Overall the project looks interesting and the art is strong, but until the balancing and translation gets sorted out, i can't hang.

keith3

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Because it doesn't seem to be... Just gives a game over, tried to take it 8 times, there is no combination of strategy to defeat it. Simply not enough hit points. Never got it below 33%

Only thing i can think is there are some healing potions somewhere in game i haven't found.
I feel the game is designed such that you just barely beat the big wolf, since there's no where to grind exp. I didn't need any items. Make sure you're fully healed from the well and just cycle through that new skill scarecrow taught you (can't remember its name), a normal attack, and your strongest attack that requires ~70 attack power (or whatever they're called) to use. The new skill will help you gain attack power fast. If he crits you or you miss even once, I think you're screwed.

You may be able to guard as well instead of doing a normal attack. Really the goal is to gain power to use your strongest skill as many times as possible.

Last edited:
OP
zilot93

zilot93

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Which brings me to next point... Translation needs a lot of work, English is native language, and some of it was very difficult to comprehend.

And of course th aforementioned text speed, and travel speed.

Overall the project looks interesting and the art is strong, but until the balancing and translation gets sorted out, i can't hang.
I'll explain about mechanics of the battle. So Arthur is a warrior and he uses fury (FP). The more he strikes the more he gets FP. He uses FP to use his abilities. After scarecrow training he gets a new important ability - sharp senses. You need to use it as soon as possible, because it's greatly improving Arthur's stats and increases amount of FP per hit.

OP
zilot93

zilot93

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Greetings knights and henchmen. This is the time for (long overdue) release of Camelot: The Game.
New journeys await our hero full of new acquaintances and unexpected meetings. In this update we've put a lot of work in the world building and secondary characters. Unlike linear story in the demo (which is called "chapter 1" from now on), this version offers a lot of detailed side quests to enrich the ambience.

What's new:

• Added 22 game locations.
  • A lot of new characters to meet and events to see.
  • New background music to enrich the game world.
  • More than 3 hours of gameplay.
  • Quest log. Use it if you unsure where to go and what to do.
  • World map and fast travel. With the new engine comes new ways to make traveling more convinient.
Download links:

Google drive: Camelot:
Mega:

Best regards
Shadow Portal Team.

OP
zilot93

zilot93

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Greetings. This minor update includes optimised assets handling which should solve crashes due to memory leaks and also some other bugfixes. We apologise for the inconvinience.
Please keep us informed if you still experience crashes and we will do our best to fix it.

Download links:
Google drive:
Mega:

Installation and launch guide:
1) Unpack the archive using 7zip or similar tool.
2) Launch [Game.exe]

Best regards,
Shadow Portal Team.

Last edited: