What's new

VN/TEXT Patreon Active [GeeSeki] A Town Uncovered

GeeSeki

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Hey perverts,

I just wanted to share with you the project that I'm highly actively working on right now for just over a year now!

About the Game:

A Town Uncovered
is a NSFW Adult Visual Novel created by GeeSeki. He's in charge of the art, story, and programming for this game but he also seeks help, ideas, and opinions heavily from the community.

This is an adventure dating-sim visual novel with many branching dialogue options that have consequences attached to them.

You play as a senior high school student in a new town. It's only naturally for such a curious, energetic young man to meet new faces, form close relationships, and downright have some bangin' good fun.

During your stay, you discover a mysterious phenomenon with the town, a parallel universe one may say. A world where sex is so acceptable, it'd be as free as eating. Sounds too good to be true, right? There is a catch...

This game features or will feature a main story, character relationships and development, skill stats, side quests, a town to explore with many locations, and of course, semi-animated H-scenes.

Estimated Time:

About 3 hours first time players, assuming you explore around a bit. There may be some replayability if you wanna check out different dialogue branches.

Current Status (Alpha 0.15):

+26 Characters
+43 Individual Locations or 13 Area Locations
+59,000 words
+Day/Night Cycle
+Bag and Monetary System
+Skill and Relationship Point System
+Many Branching Dialogues and Paths
+Main Story
+2.5 Proper Character Side Story
+Softcore and Hardcore Scenes
+About 3 Hours Gameplay

Download and Support the Project:

You can check out the proper description and download it on my Patreon page:

Last edited by a moderator:

Dustellar

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Re: A Town Uncovered

I saw your post in the summertime saga thread... I really like your art, can't wait to see more of this

Thesale

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Looks nice, I'll keep an eye on this.

Manamana

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I'll follow it here. But dude, way too many fetishes...

remicks

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Glad to see more people getting into H game dev. I agree with Manamana though - don't fall into the trap Summer Saga's fallen into where a very extensive and specific list of fetishes drive development rather than the natural progression of a storyline*. I look forward to seeing more!

*but feel free to add in watersports

D187Bot

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Summertime Saga competitor ?

Yes please.

Polul

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

This seems to be your first game, what other game development experience do you have? Is the project size realistic?

OP
GeeSeki

GeeSeki

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I saw your post in the summertime saga thread... I really like your art, can't wait to see more of this
Looks nice, I'll keep an eye on this.
Thanks for the support!

I'll follow it here. But dude, way too many fetishes...
Glad to see more people getting into H game dev. I agree with Manamana though - don't fall into the trap Summer Saga's fallen into where a very extensive and specific list of fetishes drive development rather than the natural progression of a storyline*. I look forward to seeing more!

*but feel free to add in watersports
Okay, noted. How many fetishes would one consider a good number for a game like this? I was thinking I could get away with it by combining them per character but I'll definitely work around that since it's still in its early stages.

From what's already listed, I'm thinking I can get rid of; feet, webcam, gloryhole, and cosplay.

Summertime Saga competitor ?

Yes please.
Definitely a huge inspiration for me to do this, it's really the only H-Game that I really got into.

This seems to be your first game, what other game development experience do you have? Is the project size realistic?
I've worked on a couple of simple games for school assignments and have studied python for a good semester in high school, which Ren'py uses. That's pretty much my past experience with game dev. I've mostly been working on the art side of stuff.

Manamana

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Thanks for the support!
Okay, noted. How many fetishes would one consider a good number for a game like this? I was thinking I could get away with it by combining them per character but I'll definitely work around that since it's still in its early stages.

From what's already listed, I'm thinking I can get rid of; feet, webcam, gloryhole, and cosplay.
The better thing to do is really to develop a story and a few major fetishes around it, and then in the flow, focus naturally on "incidental" fetishes: for example, feet fetish can actually be displayed without being the main focus, you don't even need to advertise it.

I hope you will be able to do more games than just that one, so don't try to stuff as many fetishes as possible inside a story, it's a classic community feedback type of game consequence, and it always dilute the story and main appeal of a game into endless list of fetishes that just kills it.

See what the best indy Japanese artists do in dlsite: only a few fetishes, but well exploited around a good story and good characterization.

OP
GeeSeki

GeeSeki

Demon Girl
Reputation score

The better thing to do is really to develop a story and a few major fetishes around it, and then in the flow, focus naturally on "incidental" fetishes: for example, feet fetish can actually be displayed without being the main focus, you don't even need to advertise it.

I hope you will be able to do more games than just that one, so don't try to stuff as many fetishes as possible inside a story, it's a classic community feedback type of game consequence, and it always dilute the story and main appeal of a game into endless list of fetishes that just kills it.

See what the best indy Japanese artists do in dlsite: only a few fetishes, but well exploited around a good story and good characterization.
Yeah that makes sense, I'll definitely restructure my focus on the story rather than the fetishes. Thanks for that. This being my first adult game, I figured that the H-scenes are a far bigger priority than the actual story, y'know like people are only in it for the H-Scenes. Maybe sometimes that's the case but not all.

koutaro

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Looks like promising based on the art. Hope you won't burden too much on it though, as you are planning on making it with a ton of characters with different fetishes it seems, which would make the process long, in terms of finality.

Devs usually get that moment where the releases would slow down due to how huge their ideal project would be, else those kind of devs that are a douche that slow down to increase patreon earnings.

Either way, I'll be keeping a look out on this one.

PS Netori > Netorare in terms of cuckolding is the best for me, how about you?

Manamana

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Yeah that makes sense, I'll definitely restructure my focus on the story rather than the fetishes. Thanks for that. This being my first adult game, I figured that the H-scenes are a far bigger priority than the actual story, y'know like people are only in it for the H-Scenes. Maybe sometimes that's the case but not all.
Story and characterization supports hscenes, because you become emotionally involved with the characters.
Else it's just instant sex cgs without soul, and you can find that in 2 google clicks, no value added here.

OP
GeeSeki

GeeSeki

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Looks like promising based on the art. Hope you won't burden too much on it though, as you are planning on making it with a ton of characters with different fetishes it seems, which would make the process long, in terms of finality.

Devs usually get that moment where the releases would slow down due to how huge their ideal project would be, else those kind of devs that are a douche that slow down to increase patreon earnings.

Either way, I'll be keeping a look out on this one.

PS Netori > Netorare in terms of cuckolding is the best for me, how about you?
Thanks. I feel it's a pretty ambitious project, I'll be honest in that sense but I think gradually, as I create more location art. I'm able to proceed the main story a lot faster. Locations, characters, game mechanics, and features are 90% established and planned with small room for community contribution. Just so that I don't go overboard with the game. I give myself a limit so I know that there is an end goal in sight and it's just about crunching out the art assets and story lines right now.

I have a section showing what is expected for each version on my Patreon so everyone is aware on how much content will be added. I plan on keeping that consistent so I'm not overwhelming myself to a point of slowing down. At least that's the long term plan.

Thanks for the support!

Story and characterization supports hscenes, because you become emotionally involved with the characters.
Else it's just instant sex cgs without soul, and you can find that in 2 google clicks, no value added here.
Yeah, that makes total sense. The main story is what I'm primarily working on right now to introduce and build character relationships. Side stories/quests will be where the majority of H-scenes will be included.

OP
GeeSeki

GeeSeki

Demon Girl
Reputation score

The Patron-Only version, Alpha 0.02 is now live.
The next update, Alpha 0.03 will be a public release.

patreon.com/posts/alpha-0-02-only-7767723

Alpha 0.02a – The School Update
+Added outlines for the character in the intro scene
+Added Characters (Dad, Jacob, Effie, Teacher)
+Added Town Map Screen
+Added Main GUI (Map, Phone, Bag, Clock)
+Added 8 Locations (Bathroom, Classroom, Front of Classroom, Sister’s Room, Living Room, School Hallway 1, School Hallway 2. School Yard)
+Added Day/Night cycle for existing locations excluding the inside of the school
+Added Disclaimer at the start
+Changed the Textbox
-Phone and Bag aren’t useable
-Sister’s Bedroom has daytime outside her window at night

OP
GeeSeki

GeeSeki

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Re: [Ren'py] A Town Uncovered [Visual Novel - Alpha 0.02]

Just as a throwaway update for this thread about Alpha 0.03.

I'm aiming for a FULL PUBLIC RELEASE on the 4th of February. This update will focus on the character development between the player character and a girl he met at school. It will include 3-4 H-Scenes with multiple frames (sorta like keyframes in animation but its not animated). This will be the first proper H-Scene in the game. Check out my Patreon for updates and preview images.

OP
GeeSeki

GeeSeki

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Re: [Ren'py] A Town Uncovered [Visual Novel - Alpha 0.03]

The Public Release of Alpha 0.03 is now live.
The next update, Alpha 0.04 will be a Patron-Only release.

Alpha 0.03a – The Milkshake Update
+Added 7 Locations (Café Inside, Café Outside, Outside Effie’s House, Effie’s Hallway, Effie’s Room, Main Beach, Beach Change Rooms)
+Added 4 H-Scenes (Kiss, Blowjob, Mutual Masturbation, Missionary)
+Added 6 Character Sprites (POV Naked, Effie Naked, Effie Work, Sister, Sister Naked, Violette)
+Ability to name ‘Sister’.
+Added 2 Beach Change room Attendees
+Added Violette side story (minor)
+Added Phone Contacts section to keep track of your relationship points.
+Added ‘???’ name for unrevealed character names
+5,700 words
-Effie Milkshake Date has no CG
-Phone Calls aren’t functional and Skills section on the phone is not working.
-Café Menu Board isn’t full

OP
GeeSeki

GeeSeki

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Re: [Ren'py] A Town Uncovered [Visual Novel - Alpha 0.03]

I've just added a list of things that will be added into the Patron-Only version of A Town Uncovered (Alpha 0.04)

-Skills Feature will be implemented and functional.
-7 Locations to be added (Street, Park, School Gym, Mall, Comic Book Store, Comic Book Store Backroom, Club)
-Bag Inventory/ Wallet will be implemented and functional.
-Effie's Milkshake Date scene CG will be added
-Town Map Will be completed
-Interactable Characters will be added.
-CG sequences will be added for skill stat activities

Basically, after this update, all of the core game mechanics will be functional and Alpha 0.05 and onwards will be a focus on the main story and side stories.

OP
GeeSeki

GeeSeki

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Re: [Ren'py] A Town Uncovered [3rd Feb - Alpha 0.03]

I'm about more than half way into Alpha 0.04 and I just wanted to make a quick update. As of now, I’ve completed the following things:

-Added Skill Points
-Completely filled the Town Map with buildings and other entities
-Improved the Missing Poster
-Improved Dialogue Box to easier see sprites waist area
-Filled in Café Menu Board
-Added 5 Locations (Street, Park, School Gym, Comic Book Store, Comic Book Backroom)
-Added Crowds for (Main Beach)
-Added Background for the Outside of the Café
-Added Effie Date Scene

OP
GeeSeki

GeeSeki

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Re: [Ren'py] A Town Uncovered [3rd Feb - Alpha 0.03]

Just a quick update letting you all know that Alpha 0.04 has been released to my early access Patrons. Alpha 0.04 is a Patron-Only update so if you don't want to drop $1 on it, you'll have to wait for the Public update, which will come out in approximately 3 weeks from now.

OP
GeeSeki

GeeSeki

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Re: [Ren'py] A Town Uncovered [28th Feb - Alpha 0.04]

I've release Alpha 0.04 to ALL current and future Patrons over at Patreon. This is what I've added in for this update:

-Added Skill Point System
-Added 7 Locations (Street, Park, School Gym, Comic Book Store, Comic Book Backroom, Club, Mall)
-Added Scenes for Increasing Skills (INT, STA, STR, CHA, LUC)
-Added 3 Characters (Phil, Jack, Brock)
-Added Miss Allaway Clickable Character
-Added Crowds for (Main Beach)
-Added Background for the Outside of the Café
-Added Effie Date Scene
-Added Splash Screen and End of Main Story Notice
-Fixed points with Effie when it goes below 0 pts
-Fixed the Time/Energy GUI so it’s easier to read
-Completely filled in Café Menu Board
-Completely filled the Town Map with buildings and other entities
-Improved the Quit Screen Font
-Improved the Missing Poster