What's new

Poor Lucy Version 0.3 - NEW!!!

Rat

Demon Girl
Reputation score

The list of differences from the previous version with spoilers:

+44 new images (higher quality)

I worked hard on the backgrounds, shadows, folds, body structure and the overall view

18+ content
More than in previous versions

+2 new locations:

- Father's room (with a little surprise in there, play carefully)
- Clothing store in the center of the city

New chibis:

Starting with version 0.3 all tall characters get their chibis with higher resolution (576x576 instead of 384x384). Lucy is not an exeption.

New clothes:
- Training suit
- Another one you will see during the play

Variability
It appears in the game (Try it, experiment with it and the game will reward you)

Subject
I spent much time working on Lucy's family. You can learn and understand the life of your relatives. New adventures and mysteries are inside

I did my best to improve my English (I hope you will notice it in text :)

I'm sorry, but all saves won't be available

Hope that I could make you gald, have a nice game!

Screenshots:

Last edited:

voyeurkind

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Re: Poor Lucy Ver. 0.1

I'm stuck at trying to take a bath. I can't find a place to enter the lake., nor is one labeled.

Mistix

Lurker
Reputation score

I'm stuck at trying to take a bath. I can't find a place to enter the lake., nor is one labeled.
Hummm... I haven't tried this out yet, but I know it's made in MV soooo... have you tried using the mouse? ;)

voyeurkind

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Hummm... I haven't tried this out yet, but I know it's made in MV soooo... have you tried using the mouse? ;)
Yes, I have. There is a simple task--take a bath in the lake before breakfast. Finding the lake is simple, finding out where to enter is pretty confusing.

OP
Rat

Rat

Demon Girl
Reputation score

You need to cross all bridges, the entry is marked with stars.

voyeurkind

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

You need to cross all bridges, the entry is marked with stars.
Thank you. I figured it out...but, you have this very large mass of water on the map and the lake is in an area the player hasn't visited yet. That makes things very confusing, and you might want to see if there's a way to make that a better player experience.

I finished your demo, and I had a few thoughts:
* I liked the art and the setups. Some of the predicaments for Lucy have the potential to be a lot of fun. I loved seeing her clothes getting torn by the thorns, and the whole thing with the horse was pretty fun too.

* That being said, I really think you guys need to identify someone to do a proper English translation for you. Most of the dialogue reads as if you guys copy/pasted it into Google translate and then just accepted the translation without having a good understanding of what's being said. The dialogue could be tightened up a great deal, as currently it's a little wordy as well.

* The map is huge--maybe bigger than it needs to be.

* Mucking out the stables and the hen house gets old really quick, especially as the character's movement has been slowed when carrying a load. Unless there's a really good reason for the player to keep doing this, you might think in terms of skipping it and assuming it's been done.

I think you're on to something here, and with some fine tuning, this could be a nice game.

OP
Rat

Rat

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Thank you. I figured it out...but, you have this very large mass of water on the map and the lake is in an area the player hasn't visited yet. That makes things very confusing, and you might want to see if there's a way to make that a better player experience.

I finished your demo, and I had a few thoughts:
* I liked the art and the setups. Some of the predicaments for Lucy have the potential to be a lot of fun. I loved seeing her clothes getting torn by the thorns, and the whole thing with the horse was pretty fun too.

* That being said, I really think you guys need to identify someone to do a proper English translation for you. Most of the dialogue reads as if you guys copy/pasted it into Google translate and then just accepted the translation without having a good understanding of what's being said. The dialogue could be tightened up a great deal, as currently it's a little wordy as well.

* The map is huge--maybe bigger than it needs to be.

* Mucking out the stables and the hen house gets old really quick, especially as the character's movement has been slowed when carrying a load. Unless there's a really good reason for the player to keep doing this, you might think in terms of skipping it and assuming it's been done.

I think you're on to something here, and with some fine tuning, this could be a nice game.
Thank you a lot for such detailed answer!

My english is my weakness. But the more i translate, read and write, the better english i have. About a translater: now can`t allow it.

Firstly, i don`t want that translater will dictate his conditions.
Secoundly, i made a patreon page to study english and improve my drawing skills, not for somebody who will do my hobby for me.

Such comments like yours let me know about the weakest parts and make it better way. Thank you for assistance!

OP
Rat

Rat

Demon Girl
Reputation score

And by the way could ypu tell me what`s the worst in my translation?
What do i need to attend?

g0i5y

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Thank you a lot for such detailed answer!

My english is my weakness. But the more i translate, read and write, the better english i have. About a translater: now can`t allow it.

Firstly, i don`t want that translater will dictate his conditions.
Secoundly, i made a patreon page to study english and improve my drawing skills, not for somebody who will do my hobby for me.

Such comments like yours let me know about the weakest parts and make it better way. Thank you for assistance!
Good on you, mate!

Also, looking forward to some juicy futa content. This game is going to be great ;)

voyeurkind

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

And by the way could ypu tell me what`s the worst in my translation?
What do i need to attend?
As I recall, a great deal of it is sentence structure. I could figure out what you were attempting to say, but it wasn't worded well. Here's an example taken directly from the game:

Grandpa, you tires me, don't be obstinate. Both we know that you'll tell me all sooner or later. But the more you keep silence, the more will fall to girl's share because of you.
I can figure out what you're attempting to say, but it doesn't really make sense in terms of proper English. In several instances the words come in the wrong order. In other instances, the wording is very stilted and unnatural.

It would read better as such:

Grandpa, you annoy me. Don't be obstinate. We both know that you'll tell me sooner or later. However, if you keep your silence, the worse it will be for you.
Consider a Google search for "English sentence structure for non-english speakers". I think you might learn a lot. It sounds like you have a good attitude towards what you're attempting to do, adn I wish you good luck in the future.

OP
Rat

Rat

Demon Girl
Reputation score

You took the trouble and made such great comment! It really can help me. Now i know what should i do first of all to make my game better.
Thank you! I hope i won`t disappoint you in the future.

kvier

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

It would read better as such:
Grandpa, you annoy me. Don't be obstinate. We both know that you'll tell me sooner or later. However, if you keep your silence, the worse it will be for you.
Careful: the mobster is actually threatening the player character there; not directly the person to whom he's speaking.

A literal retranslation, just editing for fluidity, would be:
Grandpa, you tire me. Don't be obstinate. We both know that you'll tell me everything sooner or later. But, the longer you stay silent, the more the girl will pay.

OP
Rat

Rat

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I made a thread to post all new arts for the game and random ones.
Welcome!

Morb

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

There is a bug with a special event.

In spoilers so not everybody sees it already.

Even before going to bed, you can use the window to escape and trigger those events.

squark

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Also, why does the mob boss refer to him as Grandpa? Surely that's not his grandson... For effect, I think it'd have more "oomph" if he was referred to by the mob boss as "Old man".

voyeurkind

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Also, why does the mob boss refer to him as Grandpa? Surely that's not his grandson... For effect, I think it'd have more "oomph" if he was referred to by the mob boss as "Old man".
To be fair, the old man does instruct people to call him 'Grandpa'. It's not quite so out of context.

OP
Rat

Rat

Demon Girl
Reputation score

May the boss be his grandson?
Uuuuh-uuuuh!
Intrigue!

OP
Rat

Rat

Demon Girl
Reputation score

New information!

The game will show the branch, where Lucy refused to jump out the window and was caught by bandits.
All full-length pictures of all characters - done.
More than a half of the text and interplay - done.
Game's playtime is divided into 3 parts: morning, day and evening.
Each character will have their own plan of the day (the biggest part of mechanics is now running in the game).
Photocenter moved from the residential area to the city centre.
New moving cars appeared on the roads ( not much number of them).
The laundry was changed a little.

That's all news I can tell you without making spoilers.

Now about when the game will come out.
I do my best to make release this month. If I see that the game looks raw and has a lot of bugs and other scraps then you, my dear, have to wait for some time.

P.S.: have a good day and wish me a good luck

P.P.S.: one spoiler I can tell you: one of all characters will be a futa!

OP
Rat

Rat

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Poor Lucy Version 0.2 is now available on Patreon for 1$

The list of differences from the previous version:

• 19 new pictures.
  • the new view of the main menu
  • the city was built from scratch (uptown and downtown)
  • the city is alive ( people are walking, cars are moving)
  • new locations:
    Lucy`s new house (2 floors with 7 rooms) + backyard
    Shop in the uptown
    Yoga studio in the uptown
    Photostudio in the downtown
  • new Characters:
    there are 7 of them at the moment (and 5 has its own image)
    everyone has their own daily routine
    +5 new unique chibi
    + a new outfit of the main character
  • now there is a change of the day in the game (morning, afternoon and evening)
  • Lucy has a new ability "modesty" (the lower she will have the better it will be. Or not?)
  • 3 new statues for those patrons who paid $ 15 (Each has its own little story) They are located .... You'd better find them yourself.

squark

Tentacle God
Reputation score

To be fair, the old man does instruct people to call him 'Grandpa'. It's not quite so out of context.
But would a mob boss acquiesce to that request?