What's new

Stress Relief Commision - 3D rpg

mvelesk

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Hi, I have created a new full 3D mini-game, called Stress Relief Commission. It follows the story of teen girl, who took the position of a stress relief employee to pay for her studies and must now satisfy all the needs of her coworkers.

The game is free to play and can be downloaded from my website (where are also more details about the game):

I will also make similar games (such as this one) on commission from now on. More details are at my blog, or contact me directly, if you want more info.

Have fun with the game :)

Attachments

kvier

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
Re: Stress Relief Commision - 3D rpg

So ... it's a nice enough mechanic for showing a bunch of sex scenes, but ...

I do so very strongly dislike how walking works in both this game and in Total Seduction.

In the real world, I do walk (faster than most) 60 body lengths/minute, but even a very leisurely stroll is 10 body lengths/minute.

But in these games no-one walks faster than 1 body length per minute. And if you tell the PC to walk somewhere and they collide on some obstruction, time keeps going but the PC doesn't.

So half of the game becomes this awful task of hypervigilance to route the PC in the most direct possible route from point A to point B while managing to not hit any of the bounding boxes that make the PC stop. And this is relevant because walking speed is so slow relative to the rate at which in-game time progresses. (it takes you half an hour to nap ... but it also takes you half an hour to walk without interruption from the office door to the sofa??)

In Total Seduction, I can mostly accept the goofy rate of in-game distance traveled per in-game time by deciding that all the outdoors geometry is an abstraction over what's actually in place. It takes you 20 minutes to get to school because you're 20 minutes away, not 20 human-heights. But in Stress Relief Commission, there's no such available suspension of disbelief. There's no way it makes any possible sense for the PC to take three minutes to cross a single cubicle.

I'm not entirely certain how to fix this; both games are structured as races against time and making travel cheaper (by which I mean anything less than overwhelmingly obscenely expensive) will require rebalancing...

But making it such that time only progresses when the PC is moving (or engaged in a specific activity) would at least make it such that you don't accidentally find yourself losing tons of Limited Resource due to bounding boxes.

OP
M

mvelesk

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Re: Stress Relief Commision - 3D rpg

thanks for the suggestions. i agree that the walking system is an issue, as it is hard thing to balance. i must find some trade off between making the game too tedious with walking taking a lot of time and making the game too easy by the possibility to be virtually everywhere with fast walking.

that is why i'm thankful for inputs such as yours, as i don't have resources to hire professional testers for the game and i myself can miss details such as these. i will test how will the faster walking influence the flow of the game and make appropriate changes in a next release.