What's new

Monster Girl Quest 3D (MGQ3D)

Papanomics

Lurker
Reputation score

Hello, sorry if there is already a thread about this, but I checked HDoomGuy's tumblr and came across a playable demo of MGQ3D. It is in very early stages. You play as Luka swinging around that creepy sword and fighting Monster Girls. There are 5 in this build if I'm not mistaken and he is actively working on it along with other projects, including HDoom. I'll put a link to his tumblr post, it was posted on April 10th I think, so I don't know if anyone missed it. Every girl has an animation so far, but only the slime girl seems to be finished? I may be wrong or misunderstanding some controls.

Sorry that I can't put together a cooler looking intro page. If this is old news, just erase it.

CheckMy4

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Re: Monster Girl Quest 3D (MGQ3D)

He also has a Patreon which he created like 2 months ago.
patreon.com/hdoomguy/posts
The game is completely free so you don't have to pledge anything. But if you want to support him go ahead. In my opinion he deserves it and every dollar helps.

AnotherLurker

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

From a hentai gamer's opinion:
-in the mocking voice of a fat apathetic nerd-
Rape-on-lose?.. Ugh, pass.. Why don't people learn that
in-game rape is the only true way to make a GOOD hentai game..
Just another bundle of potential wasted on a slightly skewed idea..

From a heavily experienced doom modder's opinion:

The map design is okay, kinda reminds me of some older adventure-ey mods,
lots of bright colors and open-ended paths. I used to dream about making
a game like this in the past, but actually seeing it come to fruition I can
see why I stopped wondering about making it..

Only having a melee weapon is annoying, especially against a majority of melee-only enemies. And why didn't he use a bulletpuff for the sword on the monsters? At least that way you could hear or see a confirmation that the weapon is hitting them, so it doesn't feel like you're just trying to fan them with your blade until the puffs of air make them vanish.

If the dev wasn't.. Well, a stereotypical dev (I'll leave whatever that means up to your imagination), I'd offer to help, since I'm basically a decorate-code guru, and could probably help a lot with creating new monsters and/or items and weapons.

As it stands, this looks an awful lot like the dev is falling in the same hole a lot of devs do.. Spreading out and "doing whatever they want", but never fully focusing on any one thing, thus never outputting anything with actual quality (as according to the wishes of those who follow him), and ending up sitting on a pile of half-finished projects with a chip on their shoulder.. But I'm not criticizing that, I can totally sympathize..

There are ways to make this work, there actually are.. The ideas for an actually-functioning hentai game are still fresh in my mind, and I could offer some keen info on improving the design to maybe sharpen it up and make it more appealing to the everyday hentai gamer.. ... So I'll just do that right now. (this is basically just for the dev to read below)

1. The monster attacks should briefly stun the player, allowing the possibility of them being swarmed and stuck if they are surrounded.. By gaming logic, that sounds stupid, I know, but in hentai game logic, you want the player to be aware when they get a bit too horny that the temptation of defeat is a one-way door.. It makes losing all the more naughty when they know this..

I'm sure I don't have to explain how to make a melee attack that stuns, but just in case, here's a summary. Give the monsters a melee attack with a stunning damage type, then, in the player's actor data, add the custom painstate for the damagetype, and in it, give the player a custom powerup for speed, but make the value for the speed 0.. This is how you make a "stun" effect in doom. I could give you specifics or even just make all this for you if you didn't know decorate very well.

2. If you're not gonna go for a struggle system, which I know would be a bit hard, even if you used ACS, then at least make the monster's attacks more..
.. "Effective".. Give them jiucier sounds.. I know you're trying to be loyal to MGQ, but learn when to take a few liberties.. Not only that, but maybe increase the sensetivity of the player's pain-based screen flash, and keep it white, partially blinding them if they take damage a bit too frequently.

3. I hate to say it, but you might've fucked up and sealed your fate using MGQ as a basis for your doom-based hentai game.. In MGQ, when the player loses, that's it. There's no "getting free to try again, but with a health penalty", there's no "struggling free", and that's reflected in your game.
Rape-on-lose isn't very satisfying to most, let's be honest, and forcing yourself into that corner is gonna keep your game a bit stunted. All I can say here, is try to be creative.. It's okay to deviate a little bit from the MGQ game's logic in order to make something not for uniqueness's sake, but for playability's sake. Doom is a very pliable engine and can do all sort've of neat things if you have the capacity to think of them. I have faith in you on this.

Abandonedacc

Tentacle God
Reputation score

From a hentai gamer's opinion:
-in the mocking voice of a fat apathetic nerd-
Rape-on-lose?.. Ugh, pass.. Why don't people learn that
in-game rape is the only true way to make a GOOD hentai game..
Just another bundle of potential wasted on a slightly skewed idea..

From a heavily experienced doom modder's opinion:

The map design is okay, kinda reminds me of some older adventure-ey mods,
lots of bright colors and open-ended paths. I used to dream about making
a game like this in the past, but actually seeing it come to fruition I can
see why I stopped wondering about making it..

Only having a melee weapon is annoying, especially against a majority of melee-only enemies. And why didn't he use a bulletpuff for the sword on the monsters? At least that way you could hear or see a confirmation that the weapon is hitting them, so it doesn't feel like you're just trying to fan them with your blade until the puffs of air make them vanish.

If the dev wasn't.. Well, a stereotypical dev (I'll leave whatever that means up to your imagination), I'd offer to help, since I'm basically a decorate-code guru, and could probably help a lot with creating new monsters and/or items and weapons.

As it stands, this looks an awful lot like the dev is falling in the same hole a lot of devs do.. Spreading out and "doing whatever they want", but never fully focusing on any one thing, thus never outputting anything with actual quality (as according to the wishes of those who follow him), and ending up sitting on a pile of half-finished projects with a chip on their shoulder.. But I'm not criticizing that, I can totally sympathize..

There are ways to make this work, there actually are.. The ideas for an actually-functioning hentai game are still fresh in my mind, and I could offer some keen info on improving the design to maybe sharpen it up and make it more appealing to the everyday hentai gamer.. ... So I'll just do that right now. (this is basically just for the dev to read below)

1. The monster attacks should briefly stun the player, allowing the possibility of them being swarmed and stuck if they are surrounded.. By gaming logic, that sounds stupid, I know, but in hentai game logic, you want the player to be aware when they get a bit too horny that the temptation of defeat is a one-way door.. It makes losing all the more naughty when they know this..

I'm sure I don't have to explain how to make a melee attack that stuns, but just in case, here's a summary. Give the monsters a melee attack with a stunning damage type, then, in the player's actor data, add the custom painstate for the damagetype, and in it, give the player a custom powerup for speed, but make the value for the speed 0.. This is how you make a "stun" effect in doom. I could give you specifics or even just make all this for you if you didn't know decorate very well.

2. If you're not gonna go for a struggle system, which I know would be a bit hard, even if you used ACS, then at least make the monster's attacks more..
.. "Effective".. Give them jiucier sounds.. I know you're trying to be loyal to MGQ, but learn when to take a few liberties.. Not only that, but maybe increase the sensetivity of the player's pain-based screen flash, and keep it white, partially blinding them if they take damage a bit too frequently.

3. I hate to say it, but you might've fucked up and sealed your fate using MGQ as a basis for your doom-based hentai game.. In MGQ, when the player loses, that's it. There's no "getting free to try again, but with a health penalty", there's no "struggling free", and that's reflected in your game.
Rape-on-lose isn't very satisfying to most, let's be honest, and forcing yourself into that corner is gonna keep your game a bit stunted. All I can say here, is try to be creative.. It's okay to deviate a little bit from the MGQ game's logic in order to make something not for uniqueness's sake, but for playability's sake. Doom is a very pliable engine and can do all sort've of neat things if you have the capacity to think of them. I have faith in you on this.
its just Hdoomguy messing with MGQ for fun since he its a huge fan of the serie, i dont think he will really take too serious this side project.

imercenary

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

I knew about this but figured it was too early in development to spread the word.

That said, neat project from a developer that actually puts stuff out...

...but as Dasmir points out, this is pretty much a side project for the developer. On top of that, Hdoomguy has been working on the Hdoom for over 3 years now and its still not done, so a MGQ Doom mod is a LONG ways off.

qrushen

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Hello, sorry if there is already a thread about this, but I checked HDoomGuy's tumblr and came across a playable demo of MGQ3D. It is in very early stages. You play as Luka swinging around that creepy sword and fighting Monster Girls. There are 5 in this build if I'm not mistaken and he is actively working on it along with other projects, including HDoom. I'll put a link to his tumblr post, it was posted on April 10th I think, so I don't know if anyone missed it. Every girl has an animation so far, but only the slime girl seems to be finished? I may be wrong or misunderstanding some controls.

Sorry that I can't put together a cooler looking intro page. If this is old news, just erase it.
by chance do you know what setting you need to place it each time i run the game it crashes and won't come up at all?

RobertPaulsen

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Well for me it runs, but everything except for the level is invisible.