What's new

42 (Keylo)

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score
HP = 48, PP = 49, EP = 91, Status = Fine

For probably the thirtieth time today, Enigmas pet complained; "Mistress, I'm hungry! When are we going to find a place with people?" Enigma, who hadn't eaten much herself in the last few days, was beginning to grow increasingly irritated with her 'pet.' They hadn't passed a village with a tavern for some time, and her own blindfolded appearance, along with that of her pink-haired large-breasted demonic pet, had caused her to be turned away from any of the farmsteads they'd passed. They'd passed a sign two hours ago saying that the town of Argent Vale was a few miles ahead, and Lanai had begun asking more and more about food.

Her own belly grumbling, Enigma wished once more that she'd found some way to preserve some scones for the trip without ruining them. She is about to rebuke her pet for what seems like the thousandth time when Lanai says; "Wait.... What was that?"

(Perception: Enemy wins.)

Turning around to try and spot whatever her pet had seen, Enigma sees nothing except woods behind her. As she is about to turn and respond to her pet, however, a toneless, hissing voice spoke form behind her; "Corrupted One. And she who serves them, even though their god is dead. You have no care for this world. My masters, ones who come from Beyond, would have you join their cause. If you agree, you will be allowed to feed to your hearts desire. What say you?" If she turned again, Enigma would still be unable to spot the speaker, and Lanai was casting her gaze about, looking for the source of the voice as well, apparently.

Keylo

Lurker
Reputation score
Re: Enigma (Keylo)

"Mistress, I'm hungry! When are we going to find a place with people?"

"Really now dear, we'll find a place when we find it! Moaning won't get you anything except a migraine and a parched throat, so hush!"

A wanderer by nature, Enigma was now remembering why she had mostly traveled by her lonesome in the last decade and why she locked her pets in her laboratories... so as not to put up with the impatience and needs of others namely. If Lanai had not been a "good" pet that had proven her value and merit time and time again, even following multiple seals woven from bits and pieces of the high elf's very soul so as to obscure the demon's true power from the attention of other undesirable entities, the necromancer would likely have her kept in a cage pending vivisection by this time...

With that said though, a rumble of her own stomach interrupting her thoughts, given her current state, the elf herself could not deny her body's need for sustenance barring the few remaining travel rations she and her pet had, having become a bit...conservative with her devouring of souls and life essence of late, the means by which she would usually resort to sustaining herself with when supplies were scarce. No need for more voices in her head...reality was already becoming a bit hard to discern.

Thus naturally, when her pet became aware of something...abnormal, and the presence of a strange voice...Enigma would instead observe her pet instead to confirm its existence in the material plane...and perhaps discern where it was. Couldn't exactly trust her ears at this point...and performing a surrounding search with the means of her life devouring aura at this point, when she was working so hard to keep it under control was out of the question. But once she had confirmed its existence in "reality", the elf would, following a moment to extend her soul just a tiny bit into the earth she and her pet stood upon...actually admonish the mysterious individual a bit, before of course, given her nature...inquire more as to it.

"My my...isn't it a bit rude to address people without first introducing yourselves? Really should work on those manners you know, important in civilized societies and all that."

A moment's pause to finish a "slower", but safer extension of her soul, careful to avoid going beyond what was needed in preparing a safeguard...then a continuation of speech before the other had time to respond, cutting them off if necessary in a hypocritical manner.

"Manners aside however thou toneless and lyricless stranger and agent of those from the Beyond, what exactly is this cause you speak of? Tempting hungry predators with promises of food in exchange for a deal is one thing, but securing such a deal requires a bit more answers monotone one. Come now, speak up, what would have you have of those before you? While you're at it, a bit of enlightening as to your masters would be appreciated too, if they wish to serve as hosts."

Of course, in the unlikely circumstance that an attack was attempted mid way...the assailant would find a circular stone wall...no dome, suddenly spring worth from the earth around Enigma and her pet, the former prepared to react if needed upon any sign of aggression. And if she was to be assaulted some how before the stone wall could rise in a close range grappling manner, her assailant would find itself under assault from a grasping stone hand instead...

((Action: Diplomacy in short, but with an Animate safeguard readied in the event things turn sour. Enigma's used to shallow-minded attempts at assaulting two "unarmed" travelers after all.))

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

While Enigma had no intention of letting it finish after she'd prepared her power, it's reply was swift and short enough that she didn't get to interrupt the voice; "We are the ones form Beyond." It had finished speaking just as she finished her preparations should the owner of the voice choose to attack. It's statement, a repetition of something it had already said, was clearly rehearsed, or possibly something that had been ingrained into its mind by whatever it was that it served.

So far, her preparations proved unnecessary, as the voice did not appear, and as Enigma watched her pet for signs that Lanai had spotted the source, her pet looked her in the (metaphorical eye) and shook her head, indicating that she couldn't detect whoever it was speaking either. After Enigma gave her reply, the voice continued; "This world will be consumed, as will all upon it who do not bow before our masters. If you join us, you and those you choose will be spared, and you will be allowed to share in the feast of souls. When our masters depart, you will be lords of this world.

"Our masters are the ones from Beyond All That Is. Time and space are as nothing to them. They have always been, and always will be. Their power and their hunger are ultimate and undeniable. All who do not submit shall be consumed. What say you?"

Keylo

Lurker
Reputation score

A frown would indicate Enigma's displeasure with the situation as the voice recited its prepared message, and her pet signaled an inability to find the source. Not letting down her guard as she pondered the being's offer, and shunting away the other voices that tugged at her mind, there would be a moment of silence before the necromancer finally gave her reply...

"My my...submit or die is it? How rude...yet reasonable perhaps. After all, those who devour have little need to contend with one another in...similar purposes."

...An extremely odd and highly unusual response for Enigma, who was renowned for not bending her knees, much less her will to another. Even in the face of the most impossible odds, the high elf was never the type to do so, pride was rooted heavily in her heritage after all, and in her nature. Was the elf becoming weaker as a result of her afflictions? More soft...more vulnerable?...

Perhaps, if not for that all too familiar tinge of madness that entwined itself with what amount of her soul she was projecting...and the predatorial smile that was vivid now upon the necromancer's face. One that appeared whenever something of "great interest" had been stumbled upon, as Lanai would know all too well. Any signs of "cooperation", or "submission" here, would most likely be only a means to further her own goals...As for what they were though...not even the heavens would know.

"If we were to agree to your little proposition, servant of those from Beyond, what would thou have of us exactly? "

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"There is a village ahead of you. Filled with prey that those from Beyond would see turned to their cause. They must be enslaved. Some of our masters servants have gone there already, but a spawn of hell drove them off. This demon has already been offered a chance to join us, and declined. Do with her and her allies as you see fit."

Keylo

Lurker
Reputation score

"So in short, your masters would have us do as we please, so long as our interests conflict not?~ Excellent."

Enigma, of course, seemed more than pleased by the circumstances...although for more reasons than one. A chance to continue the research she had begun two years ago, but left unfinished due to her...mishap, and to obtain the knowledge of a race apparently beyond mortal comprehension~... What more could she possibly ask for? As an added benefit, with enough experiments...she just may find what she was looking for on this journey anyway. Killing multiple birds with a single stone was such a lovely thing.

"Very well then, we shall see what can be done about the little misfit~ There is research to be done after all."

No true commitments had been made, yet for now a truce of sorts had been established for those with..."like-minded" interests, as Enigma began advancing down the path towards town in a more...invigorated pace, the grass and life at the edges of the road wilting away into nothing as the elf's all-devouring aura drained their very essence away while she walked. For excitement had truly began to fill her being once again... How long this excitement or truce would last however...would be answered another time.

((Advancing to town, not actually life leeching but just describting it so for RP effect, motioning for Lanai to follow too of course.))

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

The voice offered no further response as Enigma took off toward an unsuspecting Argent Vale, Lanai following along silently behind the elf until they were a good ways from where the conversation had taken place. Then, Lanai stood beside Enigma, braving the touch of her life-stealing aura to speak her mind; "Mistress..... Are you sure of this? I have no love of whatever inbred peasants inhabit the village, nor do I care at all for some wayward cousin, but.... Is it wise to consort with such creatures? Even if they speak the truth about their masters, surely the Destroyer will.... Well, you know, when they come in force! How could he react differently, after how he fought against my people."

Her aura ate away at the life energies of the plants around the road, doing little real harm to the larger ones like the trees, or to living things like Lanai that it came into contact with, but the smaller plants, like the grasses, shrubs and flowers, all died as Enigma passed them. It had been two years since Artmirst, since Enigma had met the daemon that had taken some information from the mind of her pet, and the elven necromancer hadn't seen or heard a thing about the powerful spirit since. She had read of him, however, whether she'd wanted to or not, as his likeness appeared in more legends than she could care to count, and over a dozen books of 'dark' magic spoke of ways that the daemon might be summoned and then bound to the casters will. Enigma had immediately considered any book with such a reference as rubbish, since when she'd met him, she'd detected a sheer quantity of power within the daemon that any mortal ritual would surely be insufficient to bind him. That, and the only other item she'd tried from one of them had supposedly been meant to turn a creatures hair the color of any dye that she mixed into it, but when she'd tested the brew, it had melted the flesh from her lab rats bones.

By the time her pet finished speaking, the town was at the edge of her 'sight,' which so far she'd managed to extend to about five hundred yards at the maximum. She could only detect the edge, but Enigma knew that there was much less natural life after a certain point within a collection of artificial buildings.

Keylo

Lurker
Reputation score

Her pet's misgivings and feelings of apprehension were well justified even in Enigma's mind, yet...not nearly as well reciprocated as the elf stops in her trail of destruction to address the concerns.

"...Lanai dear, do you recall me agreeing to any of the terms? Save for the punishment of a misfit I'd have captured for experimentation regardless? No? Exactly my dear. All I agreed to was doing as I... we pleased. No more, no less."

As one that "prided" herself in remaining..."honorable", and "truthful", Enigma had long become accustomed to word games and "dodgy contracts" to which she committed. Thus in the "deal" between her and the would be invaders, she had made optimally sure to retain her freedom of movement and action still...in the event a certain deity-esque figure were to make its appearance of course. With that in mind, the elf would continue her explanation to her pet.

"All that has been created here is a temporary truce. A means to avoid a multi-faceted war which could greatly disrupt my research and hunt. I believe such is the same as well for our "friends from beyond", in their negotiations with your kind and us respectively. To avoid being caught in a collaboration from both demons and the...normal inhabitants of our plane. And really, I for one, am fine with that, barring the exception that my work is affected."

It is at this point that the elf pauses as her tone becomes...just a bit more menacing.

"However...should my research be hindered in anyway as a result of their presence, rest assured dear. I know where I shall stand at that point in time... After all, there remains many fractures within me that must be filled."

As the town approached however, Enigma's tone of voice would become...pleasant again as her rather..."scattered" mind had already begun scheming for such instead.

"Well then my dear, shall we be off to meet the locals? Perhaps assess the state of things there."

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Lanai frowned throughout Enigmas explanation, but remained silent, right up until the elven necromancers last proclamation, which caused her pets face to twist in a sadistic smile. "You always bargain so well, mistress. 'Tis a wonder you haven't snuck the world out from under its inhabitants collective noses yet." Stepping to walk beside Enigma, she continued; "Yes. Let us eat the peasants. Errr.... Greet. Greet the peasants." The two walked into the center of the village, where a gathering of the townsfolk was assembled, as Enigma could feel a great many lives getting closer and closer. She could also hear numerous shouts, all of them angry, coming from up ahead, and Lanai supplied; "There are bodies further up ahead, past the group. Something has already attacked this place."

Indeed, as they came closer, Enigma could make out what was being said, as two groups were shouting at one another, the first voice belonging to a very angry, gruff sounding man; "We have to go after them! We cannot trust our daughters and wives to the abilities of a witch and two strangers!" Another voice, this one belonging to a younger man by the sound of it, replied sternly; "Who would we send? We have no warriors! Indeed, the one best able to protect us is already gone, trying to save our kinfolk! We would only endanger the village further if we pursued! You would-" The first voice began shouting over him just then; "We should what? Trust that some hermit and two outsiders can go off and rescue? Are we to sit about like blind sheep, bleating for rescue whenever catastrophe occurs? You are a fool and a coward, Roland. For all we know, those three could be in league with the monsters that killed and kidnapped our friends and family! And you would trust in them!?" Then, there was a pause, and the angrier of the voice spoke again while the younger man blustered wordlessly, this time apparently directed in their direction, as Enigma could feel many eyes directed at her; "Ah, wonderful, more strangers. And these two even more abnormal than the last. Tell me: Is there a circus or something that all of you freaks are heading toward? Or are you here to spout good intentions and run off into the woods like the last bunch?"

Keylo

Lurker
Reputation score

"Perhaps I shall one day Lanai dear, maybe if the mood strikes me. I've always wondered what it'd be like to have a world to tinker with. For now though, let us focus on the matter at hand~"

Saying no more in response, but returning her trademark "malice free" smile to Lanai's...another primary reason for why the elf's motives were so hard to discern, Enigma would turn her attention instead to the townspeople as she approached hearing range.

A witch and two strangers? Perhaps the ones she was looking for then? Nothing that matched the strength of a demon in the vicinity...well barring her pet of course. Monsters, curious, perhaps the "visitors" from the description. Kidnapping wives and daughters though...another race that "fed" on others it seemed. Quaint, she'd have two specimens to compare if things proceeded in a certain manner.

Such were the thoughts that filled Enigma's mind...until they were so rudely disrupted of course. Possibly not the wisest action, for the latter party.

"My my, quite the uncouth little angry man aren't we? A foul tongue, accusations of jesterdom, and a display of irrational hostility... is that any way to treat a passing wanderer in simple need of room and board? Such incivility really, art thou making attempts at barbarism? "

For now though, although Enigma spoke in an "indignant" tone, it was clear from Lanai's perspective that the elf seemed rather...bemused by the situation. That and the so very faint life stealing aura wrapped around the elf...meant that anyone who...shall we say, seize her due to a moment's provocation would possibly in for a nasty surprise.

((Action: Diplomacy. But if grabbed or the likes...shall we say, Life Leech 10 or 20? To set an example of course before))

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

None of the townsfolk, even the angry man who had shouted at her, were acting as though they were going to attack her, and indeed none of them came near to Enigma or Lanai as she delivered her retort. The man glared at her, his expression twisted into an enraged scowl, but he at least had the manners to wait until she finished before he shot back; "A black robed, blind-folded elf and a pink-haired woman in the dressings of a prostitute? And you travel about thinking to receive respect?" The boy who'd been speaking against the old man looked on helplessly, glancing between Enigma and the elderly man with a mortified expression on his face. "Our people have been attacked! What right have you, a stranger, a foreigner and a woman to boot, to demand civility and from us? Begone, strangers! We want no more of your kind here!" some of the crowd seemed to have been swayed to his side, while the rest began to look frightened, glancing every which way for some method to avert the coming crisis.

Keylo

Lurker
Reputation score

Fear, aversion, mistrust...it seemed the invaders had done a number on the people here. That or they were simply the reclusive type to begin with. Mind you, the comment as to fashion sense was justifiable to some extent, though rude nonetheless.

Yet...in spite of such thoughts, Enigma would continue to seem pleased... after all, fear was a good thing. If they were already frightened and shaken...that simply meant she would have far less interference in carrying out her plans for a mouse trap. A fun little mouse trap that would mean games for all, with zany little tricks…and some preparation for the time ahead.
A disposition that would only seem to improve as her “life scan” completed…and assured her that these were all the souls of value remaining in the hamlet. Such was when, of course, Enigma’s trademark smile…the one before she performed an act of exceptional scale or madness appeared for her pet to see. The prelude to a disaster for your average mortals namely.
“My my…such a foul tongue still, it seems discipline must truly be administered to such daft little children…Kneel.
It was at that precise word namely, that…well, to put it bluntly, all hell broke loose. The “seeping aura” that had been used to scan for other life in the village, upon finding none, had receded to the elf’s vicinity…right beneath the gathered mob, liquefied the earth beneath them similar to the usual steps in golem creation, only instead of farming a powerful construct, wrapped itself around the legs of the villagers simultaneously; forcing each to the ground, breaking any resisting limbs if needed, so long as the villagers were kept beneath their heads “superior”, in a submissive position…and solidifying soon afterwards.
But of course, such was not enough…for with the release of spirit energy, came with it the release of some relatively recent souls that had been added to the necromancer’s repertoire…a Badarian firing squad that had the misfortune of stumbling upon Enigma during her travels, and foolishly offended her in the process (much like the ones here). Not having been converted into spirit energy yet, the souls still held their basic shapes and weapons, but…weak as they were, they would know only one purpose as they were conjured. To serve the necromancer’s will. Lining up at Enigma’s side, and with their firearms, be it spectral crossbows or rifles, it was clear what the elf intended. A massacre and harvest in the manner of the cruelest dictator, horrific tales which circled even to the tiniest of hamlets. ..
Well, at least that’s how it would seem to anyone who didn’t know Enigma. Such would be far too straightforward for her, too simplistic and inelegant. A fact Lanai should be fully aware of, especially as Enigma turned her head slightly towards her pet, her staff raised and pointed towards the “subdued” mob, silent for a moment. A signal for the demon to pick her quarry most likely… Well, that and to have the spirits shoot any who had somehow slipped away from the earth binding and was perhaps trying to make a run for it.

((Actions: Well here we are again…it’s always such a pleasure. Animate the ground beneath the peons/”flash cancelling” it after the job’s done. Then Call spirit…say… 10 minor spirits. Chances are animating permanent earth soldiers would have been nicer, but I wanted to go for style…))

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

HP = 48, PP = 49, EP = 47/91, Status = Fine

The earth violently thrusts up from the ground at Enigmas command, holding each of the villagers legs and pulling them down into the ground slightly, the collective villagers shrieking in fear as the man on the stage starts screaming incoherent slurs and the boy stands dumbstruck. A sickening snap followed by a shriek of pain can be heard as one young mans leg snap form the force. All of them begin screaming a bleating like frightened cattle, Lanai covering her ears and glaring at Enigma for a moment just before her firing squad forms. Eight ghostly figures holding rifles form a line at the necromancers side. The cattle all go silent then, staring at her in horror and fear, as Enigma gives her non-verbal commands. The older man who'd been shouting at her sputters helplessly, stuck with all the rest, and apparently having lost much of his courage now that he knew that he was in just as much danger as the rest of the villagers.

Lanai smiles at Engimas signal, looking out among the crowded people, and after a moments deliberation she says; "Those two will do..... They can keep me fed for a long time if I eat carefully, my mistress." And points first to the young man who'd been arguing against her accuser, and then to a fairly pretty blond haired woman who looked to be in her mid to late twenties, both adults but only just so. none of the captured townsfolk give any resistance, as the squad of ghostly gunmen commanded by the necromancer take aim with their spectral weapons, eager to take the life from others that had been taken from them.

Keylo

Lurker
Reputation score

As Lanai makes her decision, the "living earth" would force the said individual to become sprawled onto the ground, out of immediate range of the gunfire, before beginning to mold around them..."packaging" them in a sense until a more suitable location for Lanai to feast was ready, yet also making sure to position the "fortunate" individuals in a manner where they had a clear view of the dreadful executions.

"My my, such wonderful silence, blissful even. Much more becoming behavior when greeting guests no? Offering tea and scones would be even nicer of course, but I don't suppose everyone can do that really."

Although obviously pleased, the elf...perhaps frightfully enough, appeared to become nonchalant in the manner she spoke, passive and "harmless". No typical villain gloating, no murderous intent, no readily visible hostility. Nay, only a disturbingly calm, and..."honest" tone of voice, for Enigma spoke as if every word was naught but the "truth"...and entirely unlike a person about to execute an entire village.

"In fact, such conduct is deserving of a reward. Tranquility is such a nice thing to have after all. Let's see...from this point on, I believe you little children shall be granted a wonderful and spectacular purpose in life!"

A moment of hope perhaps? A chance this mad and dangerous necromancer would let them be? Perhaps the gods would have mercy on them after all!...

"Oh, almost forgot...Fire."

...Until the sound of thunder resounded through the village, and voices began to fall silent forever one after the other, the earth binding them leeching the departing life essence to its master each time until naught were left but the two that had been spared.

"Food of course, a wonderful role befitting silly ducklings that never learned the importance of first impressions. Isn't that right Lanai dear?"

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

HP = 48, PP = 49, EP = 47/91, Status = Fine

Any response one of the villagers might have had to Enigmas statement was drowned out as the spectral gunmen opened fire. Round after round tore into the helpless townsfolk, some taking three or four bullets before they slumped out of the way of the guns so that the person behind them could die next. It took about five minutes, Lanai grinning and watching as the screaming villagers were slaughtered. Enigma felt her aura absorbing their spirits as they died, though she quickly reached saturation.

Once it was all over, all that could be heard where the echoed clicking of the phantasmal riflemen reloading, and the sobbing of the one woman who'd been spared. The boy was silent, his face ashen and covered in blood, while the woman was sobbing pathetically into the ground, practically lying in the pooled blood of her fellow villagers. The ghostly figures swiftly dissipated, their task complete, and Enigma reabsorbed them into herself, adding yet more voices to the chorus within her head. Lanai bowed her head to Enigma as the necromancer addressed her, the pink-haired demoness grinning as she quietly replied; :Of course mistress! 'Tis no less than they deserve."

Enigmas pet demon walked through the corpses to stand over the boy, and said; "Such poor manners. Are they present in all who dwell here? Or just the old fools? Come, speak!" She spat down at the helplessly bound, blood covered youth, who simply stared wordlessly up at Lanai. His face was frozen into a mask of fear and horror, and Enigma doubted that he'd be answering her pets taunts any time soon.

(Gain 12 exp.)

Keylo

Lurker
Reputation score

Opting to procure a white handkerchief from her robe after her...gruesome "meal", Enigma would make a motion as if she was wiping her mouth following a snack or the likes, cleaning away a bit of blood that had splattered on her face.

"Now now dear, give him a bit of time. I'm sure he's contemplating the value of silence still. Asides, there's other matters to tend to first. A bit of tidying for example."

The nonchalant smile still remnant on her face, Enigma would opt to wave one of her hands in dismissal...before the earth beneath the massacre began to distort again...liquefying and "swallowing" the corpses one by one, the pooled blood blending in with the mud-like substance (taking care not to accidentally swallow the two new "acquisitions" of course). Then, once complete, the earth would solidify over again...leaving naught a trace of the slaughter...nor that the victims had ever existed.

"There, much better~ It's almost as if nothing ever happened hmm? We're really wasting time just standing around though pet dear... Shall we survey the premises? Perhaps make a few changes here and there. Oh, bring your food of course, shan't do to leave that behind."

Causing part of the earth encasing the two hapless survivors to crumble away, leaving their hands and feet locked in earthen stocks, Enigma would began advancing into the village, motioning for Lanai to bring the two along as she looked for the most "comfortable residence" to begin building off of.

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

HP = 48, PP = 49, EP = 35/91, Status = Fine

The animated ground absorbed the bodies of the dead villagers, leaving no trace of their presence beneath it save for a slight redness to the patch of earth where the bodies had been left. The whole process took less than a minute, leaving only Enigma, Lanai, and her two captives standing in the center of the village. Lanai glared down at the silent man wordlessly as Enigma cleared the area of corpses, but he still only stared up the demoness blankly. "Yes. Much better mistress." Lanai said, though she continued to stare down at the captive boy as the woman continued to sob, and her reply seemed more reflexive than genuine. After her pets food had been allowed up in earthen shackles, however, Lanai seemed to snap back to reality, and she easily lifted the man and woman to their feet. The shackles made it almost impossible for them to move very quickly, but Lanai dragged the two along as quickly as they could move so restrained.

The village was well constructed, the timber of all of the buildings of decent quality and well assembled. There were about a dozen buildings along the road, including seven different shops (one of which had a hole in one of the walls and the corpse of some sort of lizard-creature lying on the floor,) a two story tavern, a building that looked like some sort of jailhouse, a shrine, a stable and finally, the largest building was likely some sort of meeting place, as it was very wide but also not quite tall enough to have two floors. Enigma could also see several houses that weren't right next to the road, as well as a well just off the road at the edge of town. All but one of the visible houses were small, barely larger than shacks. The one large house was behind the meeting hall, and was at least three stories tall, practically a mansion. It had a stone wall around it, and it also had a balcony on the third floor that could probably see most of the road.

Keylo

Lurker
Reputation score

If Enigma had been displeased with what was possibly a false show of interest or approval by her pet, the elf certainly didn't show it given her behavior as she "surveyed" what was to be her new "experiment".

"Shops and markets are always good places to find ingredients and reagents, perhaps a spot of tea even. Have to examine those later. Standard tavern for a snack later, though one shouldn't stuff herself after a meal really. Still a tad full. Drabby shacks are better off being used for firewood though, will need flame anyway for what is to be done...Ah, a large storage area. Perfect!"

Humming as she walked, commenting here and there, Enigma seemed to be in a "dainty" mood. One without any remorse, regret, or even recognition for what she had done, as if such an event had never happened. Eventually though, she would come to the mansion, arriving at its door, or doors...

"Hmmm, looks comfy enough, shall we have a looksee inside?"

Tapping her staff against its entrance, Enigma would force the doors, locked or unlocked, open with the same vein of spirit magic that had brought earth to life, perhaps using a bit of the new energy she had recently obtained by which to fuel it. Then, once that had been done, she would head inside, to survey what was to be her residence for a while...

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

The lane up to the mansion was paved with white stone, and lined with sapling pine trees that looked like they had been groomed. The entire complex was surrounded by a low iron fence, and there were three outbuildings visible in the massive courtyard. One was a small shed on the near left corner, nestled against the fence within the mansion grounds. The second was a small cottage on the far right, only a floor high but well maintained, suggesting that it was meant to live in rather than used as storage, a servants home perhaps. The third was a stone tower, perhaps two stories tall and with no visible entrance, that was against the far right corner and just barely visible from the small iron gate that marked the entrance of the grounds. The mansion itself was much as she'd deduced from her initial inspection, a well maintained and rich property, three stories tall and constructed of solid looking wood. The walls were straight, and had been painted white, and the architectural style suggested that it was probably fairly new, no more than twenty years old. The whole thing seemed rather out of place among the comparatively rustic village.

Lanai had followed Enigma wordlessly, half carrying the two individuals who were bound in stone, and gazed upon the mansion with a look trepidation on her face. She did not speak, however, as she followed Enigma toward the front doors of the mansion. They were double doors made of sturdy oak, with a brass knocker on each of them. They weren't locked, however, as she had little trouble in pushing them open with her staff. The entrance hallway was large, but not as large as she'd expected it to be, nor as well decorated as such a lavish home among country gentry was expected to be. Rather than lining the hallway with wealth for his visitors to see, whoever had owned this place was clearly wealthy, but they also showed a surprising amount of class and taste, which Enigma hadn't expected judging by the state of the rest of the town. She might even have called it welcoming or homey, had she had more of a mind for such things. There was a set of stairs leading up on the right wall, as well as a large door directly across from her, currently cracked open slightly. On the left wall was another door, this one closed, as well as a walk in closet that had a long coat rack in it, which was about one quarter full at the moment. All in all, the entrance hallways was roughly fifty feet from where she stood to the opposite wall, and thirty feet from left to right. The ceiling was about twenty five feet up, and a crystalline chandelier hung from it, clearly magical judging by the soft yellow light that it filled the room with. There were, strangely, no windows on any of the walls.

Keylo

Lurker
Reputation score

Such lavishness in such a backwater place, a curious thing certainly. One that warranted investigation, and research...for it was not in Enigma's nature to allow such peculiarities to go undisturbed, to let strangeness be unexplored...even if it was out of her usual line of interests. A trip to the study perhaps, a personal library if there was one as to the history of this out of place construction would be nice... Ah, and of course the tower...that'd need to be looked into as well. A trap to be planted, a village to experiment with, a pet to be fed...a test subject to be captured! So many things to do, so little time!

Spinning about to face her pet suddenly, with no prior warning or sign...Enigma smiles, and offers a strange degree of...consideration. One that Lanai would know fully well was unnatural for the elf, yet from the perspective of any observer...would perhaps seem appropriate for say...a servant to a master, even if the roles were usually reversed.

"Lanai dear, are you perhaps hungry at this time? Or are you more weary? If the former, we can find a room by which thou can sample the latest acquisitions...and if the latter, we shall see if there is a place to bathe in such a lavish establishment~ Please answer dear. Tis important. So many things to do, so little time~"

...For after all, "scatterbrained" the elf may be...but no fool she was. The lack of windows, her pet's trepidation and unease, the lack of windows in such a rich establishment that cut off access to the outside...a singular entrance meaning that a means of exit could easily be denied. There was in no way that such minor details would escape Enigma's perception...yet there was no intention of backing away like a cowardly snake. If she was entering another's play pen, then she merely needed be cautious till it could be converted to her own.

Thus, whether out of discretion or paranoia, the elf would begin spreading her aura out throughout the mansion...using it for scouting purposes rather than to devour at this point in time. For although her initial sweep of the village had turned up empty, with this mansion so far away...perhaps she had missed something at that time? That or perhaps any possible inhabitants were of an unnatural sort...

((Wait for Lanai's Response, but Life Leech 1 throughout the mansion to detect life and the likes...))