What's new

RPG Shota [62studio] 鏡の淫魔と悪魔のタネ/Demon in Wonderland

OP
Green Thoughts
Reputation score
, though only some of it is related to this game:
  • 62studio is participating in DLsite's Golden Week sale, until May 16 their games have discounts of 10-50%.
  • Progress is ongoing for Demon in Wonderland (I'm still unsure about this name), release date undecided.
  • There's an introduction of a character for M Galaxy, the purple-haired Mars. She's captain of a spaceship from a distant galaxy. She speaks politely but sees Earthlings as inferior and is willing to sacrifice them to achieve her goals. Her home planet had an advanced civilisation but it no longer exists.
Mars introduction image.jpeg

Speaking of which, I've now made a separate thread for M Galaxy: https://ulmf.org/threads/62studio-m-galaxy.15320/

Last edited:

Troy168

Reputation score
A has shown up with a few key elements to know.

* Love Voltage works like the friend system in Lust Friends. Performing certain actions will raise the favorability of said Succubi. When the gage is full, you can become friends with said Succubi.
* Mirror Survival is your survivability. Every time your HP reaches 0 and let the Succubi drain you, it adds to the total above the Love Voltage gage. Once it reaches 100, you will lose and will receive an option of going into an endless squeezing or going to the defeat scene. But unlike the other 62 games, the endless squeezing has some purpose, though it is unknown right now.

OP
Green Thoughts
Reputation score
An operation check version (essentially a basic alpha version) of this game has been released for paying supporters: . This should be released publicly sometime in June, according to a schedule in the same article.

There's no Mac version for this. Annoyingly, I haven't been able to get it to work on my Windows either, as it's not compatible with my version of Windows. I can't even open up the images in the game files, since they've got a bizarre "png_" extension.

I have been able to get Translator++ to work on this, so I've started translating it. I'll release a similarly basic translation in maybe a few days time, but it'll probably have issues since I can't play the game to test it.

OP
Green Thoughts
Reputation score
Just discovered that works just fine to decrypt the image files (".png_" is apparently the format used by RPG Maker MZ games). That still leaves the problem of how to play the game. Has anyone else tried it yet?

Fossil

Lurker
Reputation score
I've tried it, unless I've overlooked something it has the game's intro, a tutorial battle and then a repeatable normal battle with the standard succubus. Maps (old and new) seem like a visual downgrade from the prequel but it may just be placeholder assets. You get to choose between the two sisters at the start, one joins your party, not sure what the long term implications are for the other.

No real impressions on the battle system yet, doesn't feel hugely different outside of the conversation shenanigans and the new command input style. Also there're skills to change a character's suit (clubs, hearts etc), presumably for type advantage like in the prequel. Not sure if they're character specific or just there for testing purposes, since being able to change on the fly would be pretty busted if the effect is anything like in the first game.

edit: wait, the maps look better now that I've closed and restarted the game. Did the assets just not load properly the first time?

OP
Green Thoughts
Reputation score
I've tried it, unless I've overlooked something it has the game's intro, a tutorial battle and then a repeatable normal battle with the standard succubus. Maps (old and new) seem like a visual downgrade from the prequel but it may just be placeholder assets. You get to choose between the two sisters at the start, one joins your party, not sure what the long term implications are for the other.

No real impressions on the battle system yet, doesn't feel hugely different outside of the conversation shenanigans and the new command input style. Also there're skills to change a character's suit (clubs, hearts etc), presumably for type advantage like in the prequel. Not sure if they're character specific or just there for testing purposes, since being able to change on the fly would be pretty busted if the effect is anything like in the first game.

edit: wait, the maps look better now that I've closed and restarted the game. Did the assets just not load properly the first time?
Thanks for the explanation. I've seen "Test Map" in the game files, so I'm pretty sure at least some maps are unfinished.

EDIT: Also, looking at the contents of the States.json file, the suits may actually be status buffs in this game: Hearts boosts Skill + Dexterity by 10%, Diamonds does the same for Endurance + Spirit, Clubs boosts Agility by 10% + critical hit rate by 2%, Spades boosts Dark Magic (a new stat in this game) by 20%.

Last edited:

Fossil

Lurker
Reputation score
EDIT: Also, looking at the contents of the States.json file, the suits may actually be status buffs in this game: Hearts boosts Skill + Dexterity by 10%, Diamonds does the same for Endurance + Spirit, Clubs boosts Agility by 10% + critical hit rate by 2%, Spades boosts Dark Magic (a new stat in this game) by 20%.
90135966094.png

Yeah this seems right. It took some searching but there's a status menu you can bring up in-battle, and then the arrow keys tell you what the suits do in more detail. The skill descriptions just say something about changing your attribute to 'heart' (etc) which isn't particularly helpful.

OP
Green Thoughts
Reputation score
Here's a very basic translation, with mainly menus and some early story translated. I'm not even sure if it'll actually work or not, so remember to back up your files before applying this.

Also, does an English title appear anywhere in the game itself, like "Succubus in Wonderland" in that game? Because I'd really like to confirm if the current bizarre English title is correct. (Outside of the image in the thread OP, I've only ever seen 62studio use the Japanese title.)

Attachments

Fossil

Lurker
Reputation score
Here's a very basic translation, with mainly menus and some early story translated. I'm not even sure if it'll actually work or not, so remember to back up your files before applying this.

Also, does an English title appear anywhere in the game itself, like "Succubus in Wonderland" in that game? Because I'd really like to confirm if the current bizarre English title is correct. (Outside of the image in the thread OP, I've only ever seen 62studio use the Japanese title.)
Tried this, thanks. Played through to the 'end' of the demo with it and while I wasn't checking everything with a toothcomb it seemed to work well. I know it's a partial/WIP, the only obvious thing that stuck out to me as odd was the Surrender skill having the same description as the Observe skill. The bottom half of the main options menu is still in JP but that may be intentional.

For your title question, the game's main menu says "Demon in Wonderland" and bears a strong resemblance to the image in this thread's OP (screenshot taken from the untranslated version):

852206904.png

OP
Green Thoughts
Reputation score
Tried this, thanks. Played through to the 'end' of the demo with it and while I wasn't checking everything with a toothcomb it seemed to work well. I know it's a partial/WIP, the only obvious thing that stuck out to me as odd was the Surrender skill having the same description as the Observe skill. The bottom half of the main options menu is still in JP but that may be intentional.

For your title question, the game's main menu says "Demon in Wonderland" and bears a strong resemblance to the image in this thread's OP (screenshot taken from the untranslated version):

View attachment 44055
Thanks. I'll look into the Surrender skill description.

It's weird how the English title is so different in meaning from the Japanese title. Maybe this will change later, I remember seeing somewhere that this title screen is a placeholder.

Troy168

Reputation score
Manage to get through the demo. And it's quite a surprise that they decided to use RPG Maker MZ for this game and I did get the taste of what's to come. There are at least three questions that I have so far.

1) How does the endless squeezing comes into play in the full release?
2) How does one recruit succubi if raising the love voltage isn't enough? (Though there's a possibility that adding new party members isn't added in yet.)
3) How long until we discover that sheep is a succubus in disguise?

OP
Green Thoughts
Reputation score
Manage to get through the demo. And it's quite a surprise that they decided to use RPG Maker MZ for this game and I did get the taste of what's to come. There are at least three questions that I have so far.

1) How does the endless squeezing comes into play in the full release?
2) How does one recruit succubi if raising the love voltage isn't enough? (Though there's a possibility that adding new party members isn't added in yet.)
3) How long until we discover that sheep is a succubus in disguise?
  1. The endless squeezing I think is a mechanic that has been included since Lust Friend, where you can choose to keep being attacked by an enemy after losing a battle.
  2. From what I've seen in the game files, you need to also fulfil certain conditions outside of battle in order to recruit succubi. This is similar to Succubus in Wonderland where you needed to fulfil conditions to unlock touch challenges.
  3. I believe the sheep is meant to be 62-chan. We'll just have to wait to see when that's revealed in the game.

Troy168

Reputation score
  1. The endless squeezing I think is a mechanic that has been included since Lust Friend, where you can choose to keep being attacked by an enemy after losing a battle.
  2. From what I've seen in the game files, you need to also fulfil certain conditions outside of battle in order to recruit succubi. This is similar to Succubus in Wonderland where you needed to fulfil conditions to unlock touch challenges.
  3. I believe the sheep is meant to be 62-chan. We'll just have to wait to see when that's revealed in the game.
I well know how the endless squeezing works in the other games, I just want to know how the endless squeezing works in this game since we've been told that there's a purpose behind it.

PS: Any plans on adding Demon's in Wonderland into the 62studio wiki?

OP
Green Thoughts
Reputation score
New Ci-en post:
  • A promotion for , an art collection by 62studio's main artist.
  • 62-chan's Challenge is being worked on, but it'll be postponed for this year.
  • Production for an extra-large boob mousepad is underway. It'll have Bosewicht on it.
  • Demon in Wonderland is being developed with RPG Maker MZ, so the recommended OS is Windows 10 64-bit. There are rare cases where the game can be run on 32-bit by replacing NW.js (not sure what this means).
  • More info on the HOP Church that will appear in Demon in Wonderland. Its members seem to all have large breasts but they're actually weak, to the point a low-level protagonist can beat them on his own. They have a logo on their clothing consisting of a H with O and P in its upper and lower halves.
1653088972362.png
  • Due to their Twitter account currently being shadowbanned, 62studio has made a new account ( ) for personal matters. Their existing account ( ) will be reserved for game-related matters.
  • An image of Carroll reminding you to leave a like on the post.
1653089155124.png
  • For supporters, there's answers to player questions at the end.

I well know how the endless squeezing works in the other games, I just want to know how the endless squeezing works in this game since we've been told that there's a purpose behind it.

PS: Any plans on adding Demon's in Wonderland into the 62studio wiki?
I'm not sure about anything special about the endless squeezing in this game.

There's already a wiki page for it:

Madflavor

Reputation score
Tried out the early demo, and yeah. Damn. Textractor doesn't seem to work. I've been using that with 62Studio games since Lustgrimm.

OP
Green Thoughts
Reputation score
The game files have quite a lot of (mostly minor) spoilers in them. Just looking at the names of the images, the succubi who'll appear in the full game include:

Aplysia, Blue Succubus [a new one], Carroll, Cheshire Cat, Dormouse, Gula of Gluttony, Plain Succubus, Kikimora, Lesser Imp, Lewis, Succubus, Est of Sloth, Titania

These are just the names I recognise immediately. There's also a "DSuccubus" who's probably the Dark version of the regular Succubus, plus some others I don't recognise.

Tried out the early demo, and yeah. Damn. Textractor doesn't seem to work. I've been using that with 62Studio games since Lustgrimm.
I released a very basic translation last week, which you could try: https://ulmf.org/threads/62studio-no-to-notane-demon-in-wonderland.14556/post-1179002

OP
Green Thoughts
Reputation score
This game will have a Prosperity Level (繁栄度) where your town starts out with lots of empty buildings, which fill up as you recruit more succubi. The example shown has the Succubus taking residence in the bakery and, as you'd expect, stuffing her face.

Last edited:

Troy168

Reputation score