What's new

RPG Shota [62studio] 鏡の淫魔と悪魔のタネ/Demon in Wonderland

Madflavor

Reputation score
Opening Movie? As always I gotta give 62Studio credit for upping their game with every new entry. That was pretty great.

Is it me or is this new game aiming to be very big? I enjoyed Wonderland a lot, but my main criticism at the time is that it easily felt the shortest of their library, or maybe in line with LustFriend. This one on the other hand is a direct sequel to Wonderland, but is clearly aiming to be bigger and better. At least that's my impression so far.

OP
Green Thoughts
Reputation score
I've just made an attempt at translating the opening movie's lyrics, complete with timestamps:

0.13: It began on a summer's day (始まりは夏の日)
0.16: A long shadow in the gap between the trees (木々の隙間長く伸びる影)
0.21: Gently overlaying our hands (そっと手を重ねて)
0.25: The sunlight feels so good (陽射しか気持ち良いね)
0.29: Distracted by your words (君の言葉に気を取られて)
0.33: I can't reply right away (すぐに返事が出ない)
0.37: Your/My heart beats (ドキドキする)
0.39: What is the reason for your/these feelings? (乙の気持ちの理由 (わけ)はなぜかな )
0.42: Suppress your/this beating heart and breathe in (はやる鼓動おさえ息を吸って )
0.47: Uniting our hearts as one (心を一つに )
0.52: Come on, let's fly away (さあ飛んでゆこう)
0.56: Catching the wind in the wings on my back (背中の羽に風を受けて)
1.01: I'll never let you go, (君をもう離さない)
1.04: not with the miracle of meeting you in my heart (出会えた奇跡胸に)
1.09: The sky of tomorrow (また見ぬ明日の空の色を)
1.13: let's look for it together (ふたり見つけに行こう)

I am very uncertain about this translation since there's little context.

Opening Movie? As always I gotta give 62Studio credit for upping their game with every new entry. That was pretty great.

Is it me or is this new game aiming to be very big? I enjoyed Wonderland a lot, but my main criticism at the time is that it easily felt the shortest of their library, or maybe in line with LustFriend. This one on the other hand is a direct sequel to Wonderland, but is clearly aiming to be bigger and better. At least that's my impression so far.
The game will have recruitment like Succubus in Wonderland but also befriending through conversation like Lust Friend. Recruited succubi become working members of your town, and it's likely some of them will have sidequests and bonus H-scenes since Lust Friend did. I wouldn't be surprised if the final game is big, though it probably still won't be as big as LustGrimm "at least 2 H-scenes per succubus" Again.

Last edited:

Madflavor

Reputation score
The game will have recruitment like Succubus in Wonderland but also befriending through conversation like Lust Friend. Recruited succubi become working members of your town, and it's likely some of them will have sidequests and bonus H-scenes since Lust Friend did. I wouldn't be surprised if the final game is big, though it probably still won't be as big as LustGrimm "at least 2 H-scenes per succubus" Again.
Yeah it sounds like a combination of Friend and Wonderland, which sounds like a great mix. IMO I would prefer a lengthier game and a higher quantity of succubi, over multiple h-scenes per succubi. I don't think either is wrong, but the former is what I prefer. Especially if we're looking at a recruitment system.

OP
Green Thoughts
Reputation score
On a different topic, there's some future gameplay info in the latest Ci-en article that I didn't go into before. I'll summarise it now:
- You'll be able to vary the opacity of the text window in the options
- There'll be a Breast Goggles item that makes you start all battles with the breast addict status
- There'll be a text log that you can access with the Page Up key at any time, including on the map
- When you arrive at an area for the first time, you'll get dialogue from your party member, see the area's location on the world map and (if the BGM changed) see the name of the new BGM. This is showcased with a short video
- On Real difficulty, you'll start battles with the Love Bind status for a few turns, preventing escape and lowering your Agility until it wears off

Madflavor

Reputation score
On a different topic, there's some future gameplay info in the latest Ci-en article that I didn't go into before. I'll summarise it now:
- You'll be able to vary the opacity of the text window in the options
- There'll be a Breast Goggles item that makes you start all battles with the breast addict status
- There'll be a text log that you can access with the Page Up key at any time, including on the map
- When you arrive at an area for the first time, you'll get dialogue from your party member, see the area's location on the world map and (if the BGM changed) see the name of the new BGM. This is showcased with a short video
- On Real difficulty, you'll start battles with the Love Bind status for a few turns, preventing escape and lowering your Agility until it wears off
Breast Goggles sounds way better than buying consumables to give you the addiction, so I like that. The Text Log will definitely be helpful. I'm finding that Textractor is not working as well for this entry as it did with previous. Some lines are getting auto-translated just fine, while others aren't.

I like the changes to Real Difficulty. On the one hand it was always nice that Running was a guaranteed success in previous entries. But if you're gonna play on Real difficulty, I like the added danger if you get caught by a succubi, forcing you to fight.

overlord999

Reputation score
Hello there guys, how are you doing? i wanted to ask you something. I started playing Demon in wonderland or "mirror incubus and devil's seeds" and i was wondering if this is a demo in which i can only play trought a certain route or there is a way to proceed further in the game... Also have you started playing as well? isn't it like SIW with some SF elements?

Attachments

Madflavor

Reputation score
Hello there guys, how are you doing? i wanted to ask you something. I started playing Demon in wonderland or "mirror incubus and devil's seeds" and i was wondering if this is a demo in which i can only play trought a certain route or there is a way to proceed further in the game... Also have you started playing as well? isn't it like SIW with some SF elements?
It's a demo, and a rather small one at that. It's there to familiarize yourself with the new system.

As to your last point it's a direct sequel to Succubus in Wonderland, so it has the same recruitment system. The main difference is it uses the befriending feature from LustFriend to recruit new party members.

J300mer

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
I love when ecchi devs use idol songs in their PV's because knowing Japan, they would probably plaster it on a billboard somewhere like what they did with SQDT.

Japan doesn't fuck around with it's adult content advertisements.

OP
Green Thoughts
Reputation score
There's a new Ci-en article:
- The ending theme for Demon in Wonderland will have two vocalists, Aki Misawa (already revealed) and Kurumi Konoha. Since it's closely related to the story, the ED won't be released before the full game's release.
- Orders for Bosewicht boob mousepads have closed.
- 62studio is involved in DLsite's summer sale, with discounts of 20-50% off for their games, though not for GESTALTER.
- Replies to fan questions.
- An apology for their delay in replying to messages.
- Future plans: operation check version EX will be released for paying supporters (adding Lesser Imp and Aplysia) and there'll be an interview with another collaborator.

ntoiuxn

Reputation score
There's a new Ci-en article: ...
We deeply appreciate the translations/summaries. I hate to be a bother but has there been a release date mentioned yet? I could have sworn they gave one but scrolling through the thread I can't find any mention of it so either I'm blind or I'm imagining things and both are equally likely!

Fossil

Lurker
Reputation score

Operation check standard edition and EX paid edition have both been updated. Standard now has the weak HOP member as an enemy, and as Green Thoughts said above, EX version now has Lesser Imp and Aplysia.

Tried the EX version a bit. Imp is whatever, Aplysia's my favorite mob from any of their games so I'm glad she's got a decent scene here (anything where the protag's barely visible is a win in my book). Tangent, but two of her drawings on Marota's fanbox were my pixiv requests.

It might be bad karma but curiosity got the better of me and I looked through the image files. Pretty sure GT's said it before, but there's a ton of stuff there that hasn't been formally implemented yet. Hype++.

Madflavor

Reputation score

Operation check standard edition and EX paid edition have both been updated. Standard now has the weak HOP member as an enemy, and as Green Thoughts said above, EX version now has Lesser Imp and Aplysia.

Tried the EX version a bit. Imp is whatever, Aplysia's my favorite mob from any of their games so I'm glad she's got a decent scene here (anything where the protag's barely visible is a win in my book). Tangent, but two of her drawings on Marota's fanbox were my pixiv requests.

It might be bad karma but curiosity got the better of me and I looked through the image files. Pretty sure GT's said it before, but there's a ton of stuff there that hasn't been formally implemented yet. Hype++.
Yeah if memory serves I thought I saw some things about some of the bosses from Succubus Puttel making an appearance. I wonder if they're just guest battles, or if they'll have actual involvement in the plot, because it does have "Demon" in the title.

OP
Green Thoughts
Reputation score
I've started a new Translator++ project on the new EX version. There's a lot of new, spoileriffic text in the game files.

Yeah if memory serves I thought I saw some things about some of the bosses from Succubus Puttel making an appearance. I wonder if they're just guest battles, or if they'll have actual involvement in the plot, because it does have "Demon" in the title.
From what I've seen, they'll apparently play an important role in the plot.
There are locations named after each of the seven sins, for example.

Madflavor

Reputation score
I've started a new Translator++ project on the new EX version. There's a lot of new, spoileriffic text in the game files.

From what I've seen, they'll apparently play an important role in the plot.
There are locations named after each of the seven sins, for example.
Wow I didn't know that, so it looks like my hunch was correct. We'll see what the final product brings us, but at the moment the gameplay looks like a cross between Wonderland and Friend, and the story could be a cross between Wonderland and Puttel. On top of that it's their first game made in MZ, so the whole thing seems pretty ambitious.

OP
Green Thoughts
Reputation score
New Ci-en article:
- Like previous games, there'll be a virginity mechanic. Losing your virginity to a succubus means taking great damage, but also unlocks the Thrust skill. It'll also be possible to lose your virginity to either of the main heroines if you want, as well as a way to reset virginity.

1658481910441.png
- The second collaborating circle has been revealed: Moon Knight Sparkle, who previously contributed Vilty to LustGrimm Again. Their contribution this time will be an original character, some kind of gal succubus.
1658481959631.png

whaud

Reputation score
roughly translates to,
Tired of conventional stories and conventional situations? Now it's time to close the world and get on with your life.

seems demon will return

Attachments

OP
Green Thoughts
Reputation score
Here's a translation for the latest version. The battle dialogue and H-scenes of the two new succubi are translated, as are dialogue of new NPCs.

Things that aren't translated because I can't find the original text are:
  • The names of characters that appear above their text boxes
  • Some things in the Options menu
The achievements also aren't translated but that's because I'm leaving those for later. Some other things might be untranslated because I overlooked them, so please point these out.

Attachments

Troy168

Reputation score

Preview of a new battle mechanic. Against some enemies, the word "Finish" appears on the UI, and a letter lights up every time you receive a 'hold' move. When the whole word lights up... well, the tweet's deliberately vague about what happens, but you can use your imagination.
*GASP* /Does she play patty cake with the MC?!/