OP
Takimaru

Takimaru

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Re: A Bird's Refuge (firebane) GMed by Takimaru

Alisia: HP = 41, PP = 50, EP = 41, Status = Fine

"Well met, Alisia. I am Aldin, as you may have guessed." He gave her a firm nod, making steady eye contact. Despite his numerous injuries, he still did his best to stand strong.

"Worry not about the thugs--they are taken care of. Your help was, at the very least, appreciated. These Stewards of Andert, or so they call themselves, will resort to any amount of trickery to have their way, deeming anyone unlike them as 'subhuman' and treating those under such labels like slaves or pests to be killed." His eyes met hers before scanning over the other cages. "But if there's anything I must thank them for, it's for uniting such different tribes under a common cause." He then patted Ceiti on the head, gently guiding the clingy bunnygirl off of him, before clopping towards the other cells and crushing the locks in a manner similar to how he handled the one that kept Alisia and her cellmate confined. Out came the Su-Ku-Ta catgirl, an elven male, and of course, the sultry naga, who hissed gleefully at her release. Drawing one of his blades, Aldin also made quick work of their bonds, which allowed them to move about freely, although the other prisoners were still weakened, presumably from poor treatment.

Of them, the elf was the first to speak, saying, "My name is Eleglin. You have my thanks."
"I'm Linae," added the feline, who was tending to the chafing around her wrists from the wooden hand pillories previously on her. The last of the other three prisoners made no introduction, though the centaur didn't request it--there were obviously other pressing matters on his mind. Once the motley crew of various 'subhumans' were able to move about, Aldin lead them out of the door, where they were confronted with four more members of the Stewards, rage burning in their eyes. Alisia would not recognize these men, as the blinded Tomond lay slain nearby, but she could guess that they had similar intentions.

"Goes to show that ya gotta make sure they're dead when ya kill 'em," commented one of the thugs, who drew his weapon of choice, a somewhat thick short sword. The others followed suit, most of their attention focused on Aldin. The centaur was not one to stand around, however, and drew his own blades, ready to engage them. As their attention was mainly fixed on the largest member of the group, the harpy did have a moment by which she could attempt to get a cast in edgewise.

Enemies appeared:
4 Bandits
(Also, I forgot to mention, Alisia gained 4 EXP from her first encounter in the thread, since she defeated two of the bandits.)

firebane

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Well I don't care if they call themselves stewards, for me they are bandit.” Alisia replied while looking at Aldin. As the centaur walked to the cages she wondered what he could mean with common cause. She came to the conclusion that it would be uniting against the Stewards. The harpy watched as Aldin smashed the other locks and cut the bonds off the other prisoners.

The group now having 6 people in it rested for a moment for the prisoners to be able to at least be able to walk normal. When they finally came out off the building they where greeted by 4 bandits all having faces which the feathered girl didn't recognize. She did however know they weren't here for some tea.

When the 4 man started drawing their weapons Alisia quickly noticed they where only focused on The centaur. She quickly made use of this by charging up a greater gust spell aimed at the bandit closest to her. “Aldin isn't your only problem here you know” the girl said just before the spell would hit the man.

OP
Takimaru

Takimaru

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Alisia: HP = 41, PP = 50, EP = 35, Status = Fine
(6 EP spent)

Rolls:
Aldin's Attack Rolls:
+72 modifier, all autohits.
Aldin's Damage Inflicted (one to each):
(Rolled a 3, 3) + 69 = 75
(Rolled a 6, 2) + 69 = 77 + 9 = 86
(Rolled a 6, 1) + 69 = 76
(Rolled a 6, 3) + 69 = 78 + 11 = 89
Bandit A and B are dead.

Casting rolls:
Alisia rolled an 18 (+ 17 Base Casting, +10 Focus in Wind) = 45. Success.

Attack rolls:
Alisia rolled a 19 (+34 Mind, +12 Magical Accuracy) = 65. Hit.
Alisia rolled a 20 (+34 Mind, +12 Magical Accuracy) = 66. Hit.

Damage: 7 (1d8 roll) + 5 (Line) + 2 (Focus in Wind) = 14. 14 x 5 (Level damage modifier, including that from Evoker) = 70. Bandit C and D are very dead.

Resistance Check to determine if bandits get knocked down: Skipped, because they fall down from being dead.

The first two bandits, who charged Aldin, making an attempt to flank the centaur from each side, were caught by the deadly whirl of his blades, reduced to a mess of body parts in a matter of seconds--it was clear that the warrior had no qualms about utterly laying waste to these humans in a particularly brutal fashion. But while he had managed to gain the attention of the pair, the bandit closest to the harpy, as well as his partner, who lingered just behind him, took note of her casting and began to charge Alisia in an attempt to get a hit in first.

He didn't make it far, instead being caught by her expertly conjured blast of wind, which threw him back into his fellow Steward. The two thugs were hurled back quite some distance before landing in a heap, showing no signs of movement or struggle afterwards. The other subhumans, save for Ceiti, looked on with widened eyes, almost as if amazed that this harpy, who had been violated by two of the common slavers just earlier, was capable of such potent spells, even if it wasn't necessarily unique to her race.

"Well done," commented Aldin before three other centaurs came galloping in from the other parts of the installation, having freed some of their own prisoners. Sheathing his blades, he offered a hand to Alisia, giving his back for her to ride upon if she so wished. "Come, we'll return to the new Haven before reinforcements arrive--as much as I would love nothing more than to fight them all to the death, I cannot allow anyone here to be re-captured in good conscience." If she refused, she could fly alongside the group, though the majority of the subhumans, save for the quick-moving naga, would saddle up onto the other horsemen.

Alisia gains another 4 EXP.

firebane

Demon Girl
Reputation score

When the fight began two of the bandits charged at Aldin trying to get him from two sides. However only seconds later there wasn't much left to recognize from those two and Alisia couldn't help but look in awe at the centaurs skills for a moment. During this moment the other two men noticed that the harpy was casting a spell. Trying to get to her before she could use her spell the pair ran towards her.

This was in vain however as Alisia quickly got her focus back and used her spell at the incoming men. As soon as the spell hit them they where done for, first knocking them against each other before sending them off some distance away. As the feathered girl noticed the men didn't move anymore she relaxed a little. She suddenly noticed the stares from the others around her and couldn't help but smile a little.

She suddenly heard hooves coming from behind her and when she turned around she saw 3 more centaurs and several other prisoners.

She could easily fly alongside the group she thought, however she didn't want to offend Aldin by refusing his offer. 'thank you' she said before taking his hand and getting on his back.

OP
Takimaru

Takimaru

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

With Alisia on his back, Aldin looked quite ready to head off, though Ceiti gave him a most pitiful look. Sighing, he nodded to her, and that gave the bunnygirl all the clearance she needed to hop on as well. Taking her seat right behind the harpy, she beamed proudly as the group headed off at once, leaving the settlement in smoking shambles with various Steward corpses strewn about the grounds. There was not a single sign of remorse exhibited by the squad of centaurs, however, as heavy in their hearts was the fact that this territory was little more than a slave camp in which various subhumans were beaten, tortured, or raped--the latter of which Alisia experienced first-hand.

The band of refugees, which consisted of four centaurs with two riders on each, as well as a naga trailing not too far behind, traveled for quite some time, drawing further and further away from the destroyed Steward camp with each gallop and slither. After traveling for the better part an hour, with minimal stops, they came upon a forest in which several other members of varied species--elf, centaur, su-ku-ta, fae, arachne, and even a few kitsune, worked together to create makeshift shelters for both themselves and others. It was an unusual sight, to say the least. Alisia and the others were then allowed to dismount and rest their haunches.

"Welcome to our new Haven," explained Aldin. "The last one, in the mountains, was rooted out and destroyed by those accursed Stewards. Somehow, they've managed to expand their territory, and once a single member finds any of us or gathers a clue to our location, there are hundreds ready to try and root us out. Our last stand at the previous Haven..." He shook his head slowly, the centaur's expression souring. "...Ended badly. What you see here is only a fraction of what we used to have. You would think that races such as ourselves would not allow ourselves to be hunted down like common vermin by such a weak species like the humans, but here we are. At any rate, feel free to relax for now. We will need to gather food for tonight, as well as finish the rest of the shelters, but I am sure it's been quite a long day for you. Try not to stray too far from the main camp, however. The fewer humans know of our presence here, the better--while it was never my original intention to do so, we must dispose of the ones who discover us here, for one can never tell when they are a Steward spy."

"I can help! I'll go get stuff right away!" exclaimed Ceiti before hopping off into the nearby brush to gather berries and other resouces.

From here, the others spread out, attending to various tasks and conversing amongst each other. Alisia could join the bunnygirl in gathering berries, venture off to get wood by herself, or approach any number of the refuge's inhabitants. Amongst them were the recognizable faces of those kept in confinement along with the harpy; Linae, the catgirl, Eleglin, the elf, and the mysterious naga. Of course, she could also stay to address Aldin himself with any additional concerns or questions that may have been lingering within.

firebane

Demon Girl
Reputation score

While on Aldin's back Alisia suddenly noticed the sad look on Ceiti's face and almost wanted to get off Aldin to let her on. But just before she could move she saw Aldin nodding an the bunnygirl to allow her to get on. The group of 13 creatures began walking out off the camp where you couldn't look anywhere without seeing at least one of the Steward corpses.

After riding for quite some time the group came to the some kind off camp where a lot of species seemed to work together and at this point they stopped and dismounted. After the harpy got off of Aldin she was told this camp was called New Haven and what happened to the previous Haven. She simply nodded when she was told about having to dispose of any humans who find this camp.

As she saw the bunnygirl run off like that Alisia thanked the centaur for the information and went after her, because she was worried about Ceiti's capability's and didn't want her to be hurt by anything right after escaping from the Stewards. “hey could you show me what we are looking for and what we absolutely shouldn't take with us?” she asked the girl when she caught up with her to make sure Ceiti didn't know why she really went with her.

OOC:
sorry about taking so long for replying, just found out I haddn't replied yet XD. (now that I'm saying sorry anyway) about the somehow always shorter text then what you have, I seem to be unable to write about the same amount of text as you every time

OP
Takimaru

Takimaru

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Turning to see that Alisia had trailed after her, Ceiti greeted the harpy with a sincere smile, quick to give her an accompanying hug before hopping off at a slower pace so that her company could follow. "Looking for... well, food! There's lotsa mouths to be fed in the new camp, but that's 'kay, 'cause everybody pitches in so that we can survive! If you look carefully through the brush, there are berries and mushrooms to pick, and some of those yellow, round fruits in the higher parts of the trees--I forget what they're called but I know they're edible. Some of these yellow flowers can be eaten too, they're actually kinda nice! Nice and milky. But don't take the red mushrooms, or the small red berries. The first is really poisonous, and the second uh... makes you act all weird," she explained, casually picking through the undergrowth to collect any morsels suitable for consumption.

As her supply of food steadily grew, she went on. "I... I think we'll be alright, y'know? It seems like a good enough place... so long as the humans don't find us again. Last time, when they found and destroyed the old Haven... I just ran. I thought they killed Aldin, for real! So I ran away as fast as I could, but somehow... somehow they found me. I'm not sure how but, I hope it never happens again." Her ears drooped towards the end of her last sentence, and she turned back to give Alisia a serious look.

"Are you like... okay, and stuff? What they did to you, it was awful! I know they chose you first 'cause you're the prettiest, but I kinda feel that... if you didn't try to help me, then you'd just be free, flying off somewhere. So, I'm sorry. For dragging you into all of this. I'm just glad you're so nice about it to me... if someone got me in trouble like that, I dunno if I'd be quite as good to them."

firebane

Demon Girl
Reputation score

While Ceiti was telling her what things where eatable Alisia began looking around for things those things to, however the bunnygirl seemed to be more skilled at scavenging for for as she would already be picking something before the harpy saw it. Suddenly an idea came into her mind about the red mushrooms and berries. “Those red mushrooms and red berries you talked about, do you think they could be used as weapons?” she asked the girl.

The feathered girl didn't expect the question Ceiti asked her some time later but quickly thought of something to say. “ye i'm fine, they could have done worse.” she paused for a moment thinking about what could have happened “anyway it wasn't your fault, I chose to help you. I could easily have flown away but I didn't. It just went the wrong way because of my own incompetence in defeating all off them, so it was my own fault. And i'm glad I did because I began to get a bit lonely, always traveling alone like that.

OP
Takimaru

Takimaru

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

The bunnygirl put a finger up to the corner of her mouth, pondering for a moment over the harpy's idea. "Um... huuuhm, no, I don't think so. The poison probably works too slow. Unless you could like, get it in the humans' food supplies somehow or something. But that sounds tricky! I dunno, I'm prolly the wrong person to ask. Maybe someone back at the camp will know? You can ask them later."

Moving along, she began to point out each of the foods that she plucked from the nearby trees and the ground around them, presenting them to Alisia so that the harpy could get a closer look, if she was so inclined. "These blackberries are tasty, and these mushrooms are called Dryad's Saddle. Make sure to get the smaller, younger ones 'cause the big and old ones are kinda rough and don't taste quite as good!"

Just an hour or two later, she had managed to acquire quite a haul, having tasked the other girl with carrying some of the mushrooms. The gathering trip went by relatively uneventfully, with only some smaller wild animals being seen in the brush. Ceiti didn't seem particularly keen on hunting them, and instead stuck to collecting fruits and other plant-based foods. The two did come across a set of tracks leading back to the camp, which did appear to be made by human feet, although they could have just as easily belonged to an elf or any of the other similar species.

"Uh oh... I hope this isn't what I think it is! But it's not like there's a whole army. I mean, it's just one person. Hopefully they're not a lost innocent or anything, 'cause I know what they're gonna end up doing to him or her," said the bunnygirl, a worried look in their eyes. "But only because we have to, I guess. Do you... wanna go back and check?"

firebane

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Alisia didn't realy notice the food that the bunny girl put in her arms while talking. "well I guess I will ask someone else later then for conformation about it" she said when the bunnygirl told her she was the wrong one to ask those things about.

suddenly they noticed some humanlike footprints leading to the camp. "I think it's best to check it out, in case it is a human and the people at the camp didn't notice him or her before he or she saw them. The harpy said after being asked whether or not to follow them.

Last edited:
OP
Takimaru

Takimaru

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"Yah, I'm... probably the last person who'd know about using that stuff for weapons. I actually kinda hate fighting, really, but... it doesn't seem like running discourages the humans any, so... I just help however I can. Been told I'm a pretty good cook, though! I'll make some of my famous mushroom stew for the camp tonight. Should give it a try, and I think theeeese berries over heeere will make for some good dessert, or maybe in a salad of sorts?" Ceiti was rather meticulous in her gathering of ingredients for whatever recipes she had in mind, with no loss of enthusiasm as she went on about food. It may have been less of a surprise at that point why she had fared so badly against the thugs.

When Alisia gave her answer to the bunnygirl's worrisome inquiry, Ceiti nodded twice and paused for a moment to regain her bearings, perking her ears up momentarily, then hopped in a straight line, presumably towards the camp. "I think this can work as a shortcut, come on! Hopefully we can make it back before the owner of those footprints arrives to the new encampment."

With the alternate route proving to be a faster way back, just as the petite subhuman expected, the pair arrived back at the camp, although just in time to see the newcomer making introductions with the others. Before them stood an elven male, somewhat more masculine in his features than the others in the Haven. His clothes, typical in style as they were for someone of his race, were tattered and dirty, and he looked to have seen much better days, with various cuts and scrapes about his body. Naturally, Eleglin and two other elves, a male named Ciaran and a female named Parita, were the first to greet him, offering a skin full of water and dressings for his wounds.

Eleglin was the first to speak. "Hail, brother. What a terrible mess... I imagine you've come looking for refuge from the humans--or rather, the Stewards?"

"Y-Yes," the weary traveler uttered in a raspy voice. "My name is Irellus. They've sacked the nearby town of Caelond, and I fear that they may soon move in this direction. They do not yet know that such a place exists," he added, scanning over the curious residents of the new haven carefully. "But they will soon, I am sure of it."

"Caelond, too? Damn... just when we were planning to make contact with them..." muttered Ciaran.

"What of the village itself?" came a thundering voice, and the slowly growing crowd of subhumans soon parted to show their leader, Aldin. "How fresh is the damage? There may still be some lives that can be saved if we act soon."

"U-Uh, it... it's already been at least two days," stuttered Irellus. "They simply destroyed everything and left only smouldering ashes in their wake. There is little left to be recovered..." he said with eyes downcast.

As Ceiti and Alisia arrived just behind the newcomer, Aldin gave the two a nod before placing his hand on his chin. "I will assemble a team, one that can move swiftly, to investigate."

He beckoned the two girls over to his side. "Were any of you two up for a swift reconnaissance mission? I know you must have been through a lot already, so if you wish, you can stay here and relax. Otherwise, it should only take a few hours. Caelond is an Elven settlement within these same woods that we have been meaning to make contact with, but just as this messenger has said, it seems that the place has been found by humans. If there are any remaining Stewards, it would be in our best interests to slaughter them all. We must prevent them from reaching this place at all costs. Are you in?"

Ceiti shook her head and frowned. "I... no, I don't wanna fight anymore. But I will make some great food for you Aldin, if you so choose to stay..."

The centaur tried his best to offer a relieving smile, which wasn't terribly different from his usual expression. "There is much work to do on both ends, here and elsewhere. But you know well that I've never been one to lead from anywhere but the front. I'll be sure to enjoy your meal when I return," he said reassuringly before turning to Alisia and awaiting the harpy's answer in turn.

"And you? Will you ride with me? If not, at the very least keep Ceiti and the others out of trouble in my absence."

firebane

Demon Girl
Reputation score

"Running probebly even encourages those humans, but can't be helped if you don't like fighting" Alisia said, however she wondered if the girl even noticed as she kept on rambling about all kinds of recipes and ingredients for them.
After her statement about the footprints Ceiti suddenly went of in a straight line and the harpy quickly went after her. "good thinking"she said as the bunnygirl explaind why she was going this way.

They discovered however that it was a false alarm when they came back in the camp as an elven male was introducing himself to the other people at the camp. relived to see it wasn't one of the stewards she listened to the conversation.

as she heard about the damage the steward dit to an apparently nearby town the feathered girl began to get angry at them again. She already wanted to do something about those people before Aldin even asked Ceiti and her to go check out the settlement.

"I will go, those steward can't just do anything they want without consequences, I have an other idea how about I scout ahead from the air?" she reacted to the request of going with the centaur.

OP
Takimaru

Takimaru

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"Very well," replied Aldin with a smirk. "Consider me grateful for your help in this endeavor. Your proposal sounds like a solid one to me. Interestingly enough, we don't actually have any harpies like yourself, so a force from the air would be indispensable to us, especially for the purposes you mentioned earlier. I'll assemble the others in just a moment."

The imposing centaur looked to the weary survivor afterwards. "While I am aware of Caelond's location, I could still use a guide for specifics, and I imagine you would be eager to assist those still struggling in your village. Would you mind coming with us?"

Irellus seemed hesitant, and shaking his head, he frowned in response. "N-No, I... I'm very tired, and could use some rest, though I truly appreciate your assistance in all of this."

Aldin appeared puzzled at first, but then nodded and waved him off towards the other elves tending to him. "...Very well. It can't be helped, then. Stay here for the time being, and we will try our best to bring as many of your fellow villagers back with us." Turning to the others, he announced, "If anyone else wishes to volunteer for the investigation, meet me in the square. As I'm sure there is little time to waste, we will depart in a matter of minutes."

By the time the party had gathered, it proved to be a somewhat small force due to the weariness of those in the haven and with nightfall settling in. However, it appeared formidable nonetheless, especially with the group's fearless leader at the front. Two other centaurs guarded his flanks, while a catgirl and some sort of fae rode upon their backs, an odd sight to be sure. Looking to Alisia, Aldin offered her a place on his saddle. "Care to ride? I'll let you spread your wings when we reach the area, but this way, you won't tire on the road there."

firebane

Demon Girl
Reputation score

It would amaze me if there where any other harpies to be fair, because we live alone most of the time.” Alisia replied. “I might not stay here for to long either, but until then I will help around.

Aldin pointed his attention toward the elf now. The harpy however thought it was a bit strange how he replied since it was his village which got attacked.

She couldn't think to much about it however as the centaur was gathering the troops now. Not much later two more centaurs, a catgirl and a fae joined the group. Alisia was just waiting for her sign to fly away when Aldin asked her to ride him. “I suppose that would be a better idea.” She said accepting his offer.

OP
Takimaru

Takimaru

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"Solitary? I see," replied Aldin. "With the luxury of being able to take to the skies, you could leave this all behind, indeed... but you didn't. And for that, I must thank you. Perhaps we would be in much less dire straits, if there were only more harpies like yourself." He made sure to help the girl up onto his saddle, then, after taking a short headcount, made a steady canter out of the haven, soon breaking out into a full gallop afterwards. The others weren't far behind, keeping in stride with their leader.

It was dark by the time they reached the area surrounding Caelond, and Alisia was allowed to take off into the air for scouting purposes. She would see that the village was, for the most part, in shambles; various structures were ablaze, just as the survivor reported. Some of the larger ones remained standing, however, though it was difficult to determine if there was any activity from the harpy's place in the sky. No humans were seen wandering about outside, however, though the bodies of numerous elves lay strewn about the village grounds.

When Alisia returned to the group, if she didn't opt to land in Caelond first, the lead centaur would await her report. "Are there any survivors? We'll be going in anyway, unless you noted any ambush parties waiting for us."

firebane

Demon Girl
Reputation score

As the party began riding towards the village Alisia thought about what the centaur said. I guess I could stay a while and help them out a little more. she thought. or maybe come back here between my travels.

suddenly the party stopped and the Harpy was pulled out of her thoughts. looking around she noticed it was dark already. she got off aldin and after a moment of prepairing lifted of into the sky.

However as she scouted the village she couldn't realy see much. she did however see several elven body's but she couldn't see any humans wandering around. she decided to take a closer look and landed one of the still standing buildings.

If she didn't see anything notice anything from there she would go report her findings to the group. "I didn't see any survivors but no humans either, But there still could be some people left in some of the buildings"

OP
Takimaru

Takimaru

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Upon landing on one of the taller buildings, Alisia would be able to hear muffled noises from within, something akin to conversation. But the structure itself, along with the others like it, was completely closed, making it difficult to discern the true nature of the language spoken and thus the identities of those within.

When the harpy returned to him, Aldin stroked his chin before giving her a nod. "Hmm... either way, we should, at the very least, be thorough. Hopefully those remaining in the buildings are survivors... and not humans. If there are both, however, I've no qualms about slaying as many men as possible to save an elven life. I'm sure Irellus and anyone else who has felt violation at the hands of the Stewards would appreciate the gesture." With that, the group approached the broken village at a steady pace, wary of any signs of a trap.

It was no doubt a grim scene, as many elven remains lay strewn about the bloodied ground, with the vast majority of them being male. With most of the females missing, presumably abducted, the implications of the Stewards' primary trade became much more evident, as if it wasn't easy enough to guess already. Slavery. Between subjugation and extermination, the guild of humans appeared keen on letting the subhumans know who the superior race truly was. And so they put emphasis on this with the ambush that Alisia likely saw coming; perhaps not so much a surprise assault as a show of force. Numerous soldiers filtered out of the wooden cabins like a swarm, nearly surrounding the group of six in short order.

Enemies:
Soldier x 30

firebane

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Alisia softly landed on one of the roofs. She heard some noise from inside the building but couldn't determine wether there where humans or survivors inside.

The harpy flew back to the rest of the party to inform them about the voices. "I Heard some voices inside the buildings, however i have no idea wether they are human or elven voices, but I expect them to be mostly humans." She said.

As the group went into the village the feathered girl noticed there where only a few female bodies laying around. Knowing what would probebly happen to the rest of the females she tought back about her own abduction by the humans.

She didn't have much time to think about that however as the doors around them flew open to make way for a crowd of humans. In a matter of seconds the little group was surrounded by the humans. Having expected the humans Alsia quickly reacted by firing a greated gust at them.

OP
Takimaru

Takimaru

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Rolls:
Casting rolls:
Alisia rolled an 18 (+ 17 Base Casting, +10 Focus in Wind) = 45. Success.

Attack rolls:
Alisia rolled a 1 (+34 Mind, +12 Magical Accuracy) = 47. Hit.
Alisia rolled a 1 (+34 Mind, +12 Magical Accuracy) = 47. Hit.
Alisia rolled a 19 (+34 Mind, +12 Magical Accuracy) = 67. Hit.
Alisia rolled a 12 (+34 Mind, +12 Magical Accuracy) = 58. Hit.
Blah blah, TL;DR all autohits.

Damage: 7 (1d8 roll) + 5 (Line) + 2 (Focus in Wind) = 14. 14 x 5 (Level damage modifier, including that from Evoker) = 70.

5 soldiers killed / KO'd by Alisia's Greater Gust.

Vahn's rolls were autohits. 1 soldier killed.
Lofgar's rolls were autohits. 1 soldier killed.
Naerin's rolls were autohits. 3 soldiers killed.
Chezka's rolls were autohits. 3 soldiers killed.
Aldin's rolls were autohits. 2 soldiers killed.

Enemies:
15 Soldiers

9 of which have ranged weapons, and immediately attack.
Naerin takes two hits and is KO'd.
Aldin dodges.
Vahn takes a hit, is still fine.
Lofgar takes a hit, is still fine.
Chezka dodges twice.

Rolls:
Crossbowman A rolled a 5 (+30) = 35. Hit
Crossbowman B rolled a 9 (+30) = 39. Hit

Damage:
(Rolled a 4, 2, 1) + 12 = 19
(Rolled a 6, 1, 5) + 12 = 24
Alisia is KO'd.

"An ambush," muttered Aldin as the humans came rushing out to meet them in combat. "While I'd have expected as much, it's never fun to be correct about this type of guess." Drawing both of his blades, he readied himself, along with the other two hooved warriors, who backed themselves into something of a triangle-shaped formation. The catgirl, riding upon the second horse-man, armed herself with a bow that was stashed upon her back, while the fae, who was mounted on the third centaur, began to focus, drawing spiritual energies from around her into an area between her palms.

However, Alisia was far more prepared than the others were, charging her Greater Gust spell and aiming it straight down an opened doorway from which a row of five armed men were exiting. Their formation proved to be a faulty one in this case, as the first combatant, who took the brunt of the narrow gust, barreled into the second, who then crashed into the third, and so on, until every last one had flown back into the house, causing loud shattering noises to occur from within. Thanks to this well-timed casting, that particular group looked to be done for, as no additional assailants emerged afterwards.

Still, there were plenty of other men to worry about, with roughly half carrying crossbows, while the other portion wielded axes, swords, maces and other similar melee weapons. A handful of the latter charged without apparent fear towards the vastly outnumbered subhumans, only to instantly lose four bodies to Aldin and his two centaur cohorts' swift counterattacks. Meanwhile, the Su-Ku-Ta and fae riders focused their attentions on the soldiers loading their bolt weapons in the back ranks, with the first sending three arrows, one each, into the necks of an unfortunate trio. The other girl let loose a hail of shadowy shards just a few degrees to the left, at a similar cluster. While some of them were successfully deflected by the soldiers' armor, three of these deadly projectiles found fleshy targets, inflicting fatal damage upon their victims.

This left roughly half of the original mob standing. Six of them were swordsmen, now a bit weary in their approach, while the other nine had successfully loaded their bows. While the close-range group remained content on circling, which they did to one side so as to avoid the crossfire of their cohorts, the soldiers with crossbows let their bolts fly as soon as they had a clear shot. "Aim for the winged one!" yelled out a voice in the crowd. His order came a bit late, as seven of the men had already fired at the other subhumans, causing wounds for two of the centaurs while missing one of the female riders completely. The catgirl proved agile enough to duck the arrows meant for her, while the fae sustained injuries to her side and shoulder, collapsing atop her mount. The remaining two crossbowmen took aim at Alisia and lined her up in their sights, firing in unison. One hit her wing, while the other nailed her in the opposite thigh, causing her to spin from the force and collapse. The pain was overwhelming, and her vision went black, the last sounds being heard that of Aldin's battlecries and the catgirl's concerned yells.

~~~~~​

The harpy woke up in a soft bed, with her right wing and left leg carefully bandaged, both limbs still throbbing with intense pain. She could probably walk, but not easily run. Even if she tried to get up, however, a familiar figure sat right next to her, placing a hand on her shoulder to gently keep her laying down. It was Ceiti.

"Hey... you're awake, finally. I heard there was an ambush and stuff. They killed all of the humans, thanks to Aldin, but... seems like three of you got hurt really bad. It's okay though, we still saved a few surviving elves. So now our Haven is up about a dozen elves, mostly women and children... I'm just glad you're okay!"

The bunnygirl retrieved a bowl of stew from the other side of the room, which appeared to be made from the interior of a large tree. She then returned to the bed on which Alisia lay, offering it to her. "You must be hungry. Eat up if ya want, but take it easy. I'm sure Aldin must want to discuss things with you afterwards."

firebane

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Alisia reacted more quickly to the ambush then the rest. The humans where still coming out of the building when she fired her magic at them, blastig the last five humans right back inside.

The harpy looked at the door for a few more seconds to see if there where coming any more humans. as she turned to the rest of the humans only to see the centaurs slashing op four more of them. However the party was still greatly outnumbered.

The Su-Ku-Ta then started firing arrows at the humans in the back hitting three of them in the neck. Quickly after that there where dark sharts flying around hitting three more archers.

the rest of the archers finaly managed to ready there bows and started firing at the party. The centaurs with there big size where unable to dodge any of the arrows fired at them, hurting them a bit but not bad enough to take them down. The Fae was less lucky getting hit twice and collapsing on top of her ride. the Su-Ku-Ta somehow managed to dogde the arrows however.

Alisia suddenly head someone yelling to fire at her during the arrow volley. However since there where arrows flying already she thought they would have to reload again before firing at her. Her to thoughts apeared to be false however as she suddenly felt a great pain in her tight and wing. she got trown off of aldin and after a few seconds of great pain she fainted on the ground.

---------​

As the harpy came to her eyes shot open. She tried to sit up to get a better look at her surroundings, but she was held down by the pain and a pressure on her shoulder. as she looked at what caused the pressure she saw it was ceiti.

Alisia just looked at ceiti while she told what happend after she passed out. as the bunnygirl offered her the bowl she first just looked at it. but after a few seconds she slowly took it from her and started eating it.