What's new

A Desert Girls Tale (Pheonix Alugere)

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Re: A Desert Girls Tale (Pheonix Alugere)

Nilliens Status: HP = 68/77, P = 66, EP = 42/115, Pregnant

The daemon that had saved her remains motionless, his head tracking her as she scrambles away from him. As she is turning to bolt toward the door, it says, in a cold gravely voice; "That's fine. Don't thank me for saving your soul."

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score

D-d-don't eat me! Nillien cries out in response as she keeps scrambling back, the main thing in her mind still being that the man is a daemon far more powerful than the one she had encountered. As she scrambles back, though, she begins to send her eyes running back and forth over nearby shelves for something magical to throw at the daemon to distract him. Quite frankly, she is scared almost out of her mind and can only dwell on what the man is rather than what he had done.

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"I'm not going to eat you. I'd tell you to calm down, but I know how little good it would do, so, I'm just going to do this;" The daemon says, and suddenly Nillien feels an intrusion in her mind.

Mind Check: Enemy Wins.

Before she can bring up any kind of resistance, Nilliens mind goes totally blank. Her movements immediately stop, her hand going slack around the heavy book she'd grabbed to throw at him, and she merely sits there, on the floor of the back room of the magic shop, her mind empty, for several seconds. Then, she her mind spontaneously comes back, but is now filled with a strange sense of absolute clam, as though all her worries had been wiped away. Unfortunately, seconds later, the effects of the alcohol she'd drunk came back to her, the booze effects having only been suppressed by her trip to the crystal prison. "There. Are you going to be civil now?" The daemon asks, bringing back into memory what had just happened.

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score

Whawhashat? You didge shometing shere and I donch know whatch it wazh. An'... an'... wha...!!! Ur shat daemon gaush shing thatch fouch the ozure one! Nillien manages to slur out almost incomprehensible as the alcohol starts affecting the young woman again. Depending on how fluent the daemon might be in 'drunk', he might manage to make sense that the woman, while inebriated, still recognizes him, although the alcohol is currently interfering with her fear from earlier. Quite frankly, the only way she could be more odd right now was if she had gotten some drugs as well before meeting the daemon. As it is, she probably won't remember anything that happened after the alcohol started affecting her again once she sleeps some of it off.

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

The daemon sighs as Nillien utters her drunken reply, and shakes its head. "Great. Figures that she was drunk. Though, why she started drinking in a place like this is a mystery in itself. Well, this is probably useless, so, maybe I'll find her again once she'd sobered up." The demon says, seemingly talking to himself. Then, he begins walking toward the exit, ignoring Nillien unless she said something else of note.

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score

Ish notch my faulch i'sh 'drunch'. I jusht neededge shometime to wash the tashte of blood out of my moush. I'sh been findingsh myshelf drinching peoplesh blood shince I made shat deal wish the dead guy. Nillien slurs out in response to the daemon's comment about her status. By this point, she doesn't seem to do more than scoot slightly out of the daemon's way as he moves. Her sense of danger watered down by the copious amounts of alcohol she has imbibed. If the daemon doesn't say anything, but keeps leaving, she will likely just move off to a dark corner and fall to sleep until the alcohol will have mostly left her system.

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

The daemon seems about to depart, ignoring her completely, until Nillien mentions her joining with the spirit. When she mentions that, he pauses, and turns back toward her, before saying; "What did you say? Deal with a dead guy? And now you're drinking blood because of it?"

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score

Ya, shome guy gotch murgered in zha minesh andge wanched to getch back at zha guysh who killge him, sho I letch him piggy-back on me. I getch a boosht to my spiritual and physhical powersh, butch now I hash to drink blood. Alsho, our mixshed spirit sheems to get out of whack in shunlight sho I cantch move during zha day. All I reall hash to do in return ish getch rid of zha guysh who killge him zhough. Nillien slurs out, not truely realizing how dangerous it could be to be spilling her secrets out to a daemon lord due to her intoxicated state.

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"Really? And you never thought that bonding with a dead man might not be such a good idea? And who killed him anyway? Do you know?" The daemon replies, apparently interested in what had motivated a ghost to bond with a living human. Just then, an image appears in Nilliens head, a group of men. One was an old man with a long gray beard in a blue robe, so obviously a wizard that it was almost comical. The next was a well-tanned man all in black leather, except for a gray cloak that hung from his shoulders, with a pair of jeweled daggers hanging from his belt. The last was a burly man, dressed in brown leather armor but with a red cloak and a steel helm, and a heavy mace held in his hands. These must be the men that had been responsible for the spirits death, though how exactly, she couldn't be sure.

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score

He shaysh shat... he shaysh shat a wishard, a rouge, andge a guy wish a mace are reshoponshibible. Ash for helpinch him... wash I shupposed ta leave him down in sha minesh? 'Shidesh, I've alwaysh done shings by the sheat of my pantsh... Nillien slurs out. While she does seem easy to get honest answers from when she's drunk, her slurring speech can be quite troublesome to understand at times. For the time being, though, she simply moves over to lean against a wall as she speaks.

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Despite her slurring, the daemon seems to have little trouble understanding her, though Nillien would likely have not found such surprising had she been sober. He waits for a moment, as though thinking, and Nillien would have felt the sudden intrusion into her thoughts if she hadn't been so intoxicated, before saying; "I know of those that killed him. The wizard is still here, in a tower near the bridge on the Western side of the town. The man with the mace is the local head of the slavers, and is also still here, though I'm not sure where exactly. The rogue I know, but I do not know of his whereabouts. He may or may not be in the city, but I don't doubt that he is the one that killed the soul you bonded with directly. The one you joined with has an... Interesting past. I'll leave it at that, I think."

(I need to get Matthias his own text color or something.)

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score

Oh...? One a shem's in a shower sho zha wesht? Shanksh. I micht assh well go she him firsht. I'm off. Nillien says. Recognizing that the man had given her rough directions to one of the people she is seeking. Deciding to go ahead and deal with the wizard now, She stumbles to her feet, spins about as she tries to find her balance, before stumbling sideways for several feet and probably out onto the street unless the daemon stops her. Quite frankly, she's more interested in finding the man now, rather than knowing that being drunk wouldn't lend itself well to her fighting style.

(That's why the first forum I ever joined had an unofficial rule that the default format for speech was to bold it instead of using quotes. Bold words stand out from unbolded words much better than quotation marks do.)

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Nilliens Status: HP = 68/77, P = 66, EP = 115, Pregnant

The daemon watches passively as Nillien walks out of the building, either not worried or simply not caring about her intoxicated state. Nillien finds herself outside after a few stumbling moments, but as she looks up into the sky, she realizes that she has no real idea of which direction West is. She could guess, but the road had only two directions, one toward what she thought might be the river, while the other was heading back toward where she'd found the entrance to the mines on her way into town.

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score

Whash zhat... hmmm... oh well. Doncht needge to know where wesht ish. West will comesh to me! Nillien loudly proclaims before walking towards the river. Hopefully that would be west. Bu at the very least, she would figure it out when the sun rose and burn the inebriation out of her from the east.

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Nillien traveled in the direction that was, ironically, West. The road remained straight, only branding off rather than turning, but she was denied an easy trap to her destination by one small problem. Well, actually, two small problems, in the form of a pair of small, ball shaped creatures sprinting toward her on spindly little legs. They stopped in front of her and started chittering in a blind panic in their strange language. Nilliens inebriated mind dully recognized the creatures as the Fey dumogi, though she didn't know what they were trying to tell her.

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score

Well... Hello zhere. Are you ashking for a hug? I guessh I can give yous one, butch I kindga need to go findge a guy. Nillien slurs out before moving to hug one of the small creatures. Not really understanding, but deciding to got with her drunken intuition.

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

(Lol.)

The creatures continue to gibber incoherently as Nillien wraps one of them in a hug, the one not currently picked up and pulled in between her breasts still jumping up and down while the other Fey struggles for a second before letting her do as she wished, even quieting and sighing contentedly as the drunk woman squeezed it to her chest.

The reason for the dumogis obvious distress, however, became clear as something came around the corner of the same street the dumogi had emerged from, about twenty feet away. The beast was easily the largest demon she'd seen, almost as large as the elephants she'd seen once in her homeland. Other than its size, however, Nillien could think of nothing to compare the creature to as it turned toward her and started lumbering in her direction on six trunk-like legs. It had no head that she could see, and seemed to be nothing more than a massive ball on six legs. Oh, and the tentacles that ran out from its body, each easily thirty feet long, and far too numerous for her to count in her drunken state. The dumogi shrieked in terror when they saw it, and the one she still held in her superhumanly strong hug began to struggle once more in an attempt to escape from Nilliens drunken embrace.

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score

Oi... ure a nashty looking bujjer aren'chu. Sen remarks, still holding the dumogi, but no longer really paying attention to it. The lichle thingsh sheem shcarje of yews, too... Are yew tryink to pich a fighch? Sen slurs out before drunkenly deciding that this thing wanted to fight her. Marshaling up her greatest sense of drunken tactics, she hurls the closest weapon that comes to hand at the creature as she prepares to lunge at it and engage in a round of fisti-cuffs. Unfortunately for the dumogi she is holding, that closest object happens to be it.

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

To-hit: Miss.

The creature she was holding flew through the air at the massive tentacled creature, its puny arms and legs flailing, until it was suddenly caught by the monsters tentacles. It shrieked in terror and pain then, and a moment later it popped like a balloon. Its companion gives a similar shriek, turns, and immediately starts running away from both the tentacle monster, and Nillien. With the drunken priestess the only thing in front of it now, it started advancing on her, its tentacles waving menacingly.