What's new

A study in the eldritch (Lunaraia;Pervy;MortalitasBorealis)

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"It is a greedy, food-thieving monstrous creature!"
Fey helped Korrie realize that she was likely, an only child. Then again, if your kid ended up burning things on a whim..

"Always hearing people out.. I wanna do stuff. Grab the coure for mistress. Celebrate with vodka.

Wait I hate that I think. Tequila?

.. uh whats this void beyond realities, sounds fancy."
Fey enthused, her usual, unafraid self as she entered, peering at a chained up evil tea suspiciously. "Eh, just send her with us the way she teleported last time, if she's collared that is, that way if we end up in any void, can just teleport about again. Yay!"
She cheered.

"Oh yeah, good point." Fey snatched the necklace back.. before immediatly handing it to Korrie! "Should be able to bathe in lava whilest wearing this."
She grinned.
"I don't need it. I mean.. I did but I don't think any longer. No. Fires can burn me, yes, but they never wanted to.
Anyway.. I think I get it, we are just here as thought-stuff or something.. Anyway! Let's go back! Perhaps I can show Korrie the Vulcano slide real quick before the teenagers clog it up and or we have to leave.

Oh hey, since you seem to be knowing so much stuff.. Any tips for nabbing a Pancake from an evil library ghost man?"

Fey enthused towards the Coldflame mistress.. likely accompanied by a dire necessity of Korrie to clarify their mission slightly, even whilest the Phoenix-girl decided to slightly adjust the bling she'd given her dragon-friend, followed by a thumbs-up.

MortalitasBorealis

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Korrie sweatdropped at how thoroughly Fey had gone from liking the scaly critter to despising it because it decided to nom on some of her food. She didn’t make any connection to the element’s upbringing though; the phoenix was just the temperamental sort in the wyvern girl’s eyes.

Following the phoenix to keep her out of trouble, Korrie was glad to find that Phyre actually wasn’t far away, though the stuff she managed to eavesdrop on kept any sense of relief at bay. So that’s why them being here as pseudo-thoughtforms is such a big deal… “Um, while Korrie understands this may be our only option, she would still prefer to seek other ways to return home first that will not risk us being lost in an endless void until we’re eaten by extra-dimensional abominations…” She remarked with some discomfort, not wanting to leave something like that to chance. She also had a feeling that it wouldn’t be so simple as Fey was suggesting, but she wasn’t certain of that herself, so she left it to Phyre and Chai.

It was a surprise to learn that Chai was actually sisters with Phyre, and it was nice to see them make up with each other, but the problem of how they’re going to get home still remained. The wyvern girl blinked in surprise as Fey handed her the necklace, examining it. “Umm, are you sure a non-fire elemental can wear this…?” She asked, and looked towards Phyre for confirmation before putting it on. She was still REALLY unsure about ever stepping into lava, but if this was the alternative to risking being lost to the void between realities then she’d prefer dipping a toe into magma with the protection of a fire elemental’s blessing.

Panacea. Fey meant Panacea.” Korrie quickly explained, resisting the urge to chuckle at her sister pet’s antics. “Korrie’s a little forgetful of the details too, but we’re trying to reach an ancient library to acquire Panacea to cure someone. The librarian, and the one who will likely be putting us through trials to acquire the Panacea… is the King in Yellow. Korrie understands if it’s a subject outside your specialty, but anything you can tell us about the Panacea, library or the librarian would be really helpful.

It was as she was ‘translating’ the phoenix’s words that their former enemy approached her, the wyvern girl at first a little uncomfortable herself, but that was more due to her own shyness at being apologized to than any lingering ill will. “Oh, um, it’s okay, Chai, Korrie’s not angry at you. You weren’t yourself, and it’s in the past now. Just… try not to get possessed by demons or whatever that thing was again, alright?” She smiled a little awkwardly, trying to lighten the mood. A curiosity did strike her then, and she turned towards Phyre. “Actually, if you don’t mind Korrie asking, do you have any idea what that thing that possessed Chai was?” She asked. She didn’t know how useful that information would be to herself and her friends, but the more knowledge the better, even if it’s just trivia.

---
The twins noticed how Aya had hesitated to answer them, implying that whoever this mystery tutor was, they were someone very special. Someone who is best suited to teach Kuroi to control the Mask’s power, who said Mask will not enjoy seeing? …Could it be another Mask? It was said that each of the Masks were wildly distinct in temperament, it’s not impossible that one would be favorable towards humans.

Crystal clear.” Kuroi nodded seriously, watching both Aya and Maeve go… Despite knowing and agreeing with why she had to be cautious with this power though, she couldn’t help but scowl as soon as the two weren’t looking, a look of uncharacteristic annoyance crossing her face. Seriously, what does Aya think she is, a child? …Wait, why was she so angry all of a sudden?

...Sis? You okay?” Shiroi whispered once she was sure they were out of earshot, concern written plainly on her features. That just now was not normal, and the neko understood as much.

Yeah, the Mask’s just… not happy about it. I’m fine. Not gonna lose control of myself anytime soon.” She assured with a weak smile. Not gonna lose control outside of brief pangs of emotional outburst, at least. Some interference will be expected, she just has to catch on in time to stop it.

Good to know. Don’t worry, I’ll keep an eye on you too.” Shiroi assured with a pat on the shoulder, “So, we’ve still got some time until lunch, what now?

Kuroi thought for a bit. She initially considered helping with lunch, but she felt like it might be best to decrease contact with Aya for the time being; overprotective as their handler was, Kuroi worried what would happen if the succubus noticed even the slightest thing amiss. “Maybe we can go check on the dwarves? I dunno.

Sounds good to me.” Shiroi nodded, and the two went to look for the men of the house, and for any other brief distraction that’d help them kill some time.

OP
L

Lunaraia

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Phyre and Chā'i looked at Fey's outburst with a mix of confusion and then it slowly changed into amusement, clearly the two of them got the connection easily enough, though their expression changed somewhat at the mention of panacea, which had the two exchange worried looks ”We actually do know about panacea and it's curative effects, can't say I know the recipe, as it's a closely guarded secret, but I have seen it's restorative effects first hand, both of us have, and if you need that to cure this friend of yours things must be dire indeed and we simply cannot delay you here any longer than necessary” Phyre looked quite concerned over this tidbit of information, though as Fey snatched the amulet and gave it to Korrie Phyre's expression lightened a bit ”It decidedly would be a bit unpleasant until you get used to it, but the amulet should be safe for you to wear, that being said however, it will slowly attune you to the element of fire, which might have strange and unintended side effects since you do not have an elemental nature naturally and I honestly cannot tell what those might be, for good or ill”

With that out of the way Phyre seemed to weigh the choices of the two somewhat before shaking her head ”The only other option would be to find out what fire lord has setup a connection with this Ulthar place, and considering how many lords of fire there are out there and considering the entire plane is just one giant volcanic belt, that could take years, decades even, if your companion needs panacea I am pretty sure he or she does not have that long” Cha'i had been slowly observing this entire conversation silently but were now slowly nodding in agreement, giving the two a reassuring smile as she pointed to herself as if trying to say “I can do it!” though her mood seemed to drop a bit at the mention of her recent possession.

”The thing that possessed Chā'i was a water elemental that was a a known fugitive and terrorist in 3 elemental plains, after the elemental wars ended long ago he and several others wished to continue the pointless war, the Water Lord did not agree with him and he and his co conspirators continued the “war” on their own, little more than blatant acts of terror and damage against the general public and his attacks were not only against the water elementals enemies, seeing as those who accepted the peace had “Betrayed their people” as he so eloquently put it when he was finally captured, he was supposed to be dead, thrown into the largest volcano on the plane of fire to evaporate, but it would seem his hatred allowed him to exist even as vapour” Phyre gave Cha'i a supportive pat on the back as she spoke, though her smile had waned somewhat at the mention of the thing.

The twins would find a rather comical sight once they finally found the dwarves as Uldar and Dulgar were both wearing white frilly aprons and were busy washing the hallway while looking quite grumpy and a quick questioning would quickly reveal that the two dwarves had been caught red handed by Maeve while the two were trying to sneak into the kitchen for a midnight snack while working on the hammer and were being punished with washing duty as a result the two were being watched over by Flint who seemed incredibly amused by the entire thing while the small twins were sitting nearby playing with some pretty glass marbles ”Oy don't step on da floor, we just finished an knowin Maeve we aint for getting off until she sees it absolutely spotless” Uldar exclaimed as the twins drew near, with their clothes still sandy and dusty from the fight, warding the two away with his broom while Dulgar just looked at the mess they had left behind as they walked and made a sound akin to that of a puppy that had been kicked, clearly not happy with this new development.

The whole exchange just had Flint burst out laughing “Thats yer own doing lads, told ye trying to raid da pantry was a bad idea, should have just held out till breakfast like I did, then ye wouldn't be this miserable now wouldn't ye, that aside if ye don't hurry up and finish, ye will be missin' lunch” The two young dwarves clearly getting no pity from the older one and judging by Flints completely pitiless response to the two it was clear he fully agreed with Maeve's punishment of the would-be pantry raiders anyhow.

Flin kept chuckling at the two as they kept mopping with renewed vigour, though the looks they gave the twins were almost downright hostile now that the very real danger of missing out on lunch had been pointed out at them and the two had just given the dwarves a mountain of more work with the veritable trail of sand they had dragged into the inn from outside.

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Fey grinned playfully at Korries translation effors.. people were always so silly, needing to have things explained to them all over again..
"Yey Korrie.. but anyway, I keep telling people to not dawdle about but no one's listening to me."
She grumped.

"Yeah we need the pancake because Fey's awesome super duper mistress was hit with not at all awesome mermaid cursepoison magic.. buuuut.. long story, and no time yep yep! or.. limited time anyways."
She nodded.

"Don't worry Korrie, fire is the best element." She gave her companion a thumbs up, before adding: "Wear it for a week and who knows, maybe you can spit.. err.. more fire?" She had just remembered Korrie could kind of breathe fire anyway. Huh. Why hadn't she tried that against posessed Phyre.. no way that could have gone wrong, right? You should after all fight fire with fire.
You should fight anything with fire, really.

She then listened to the explanation. "Huh. I knew vaping was bad for ones health... Evil water elementals..
Anyway! So let's try and go back?"

She suggested, with enthusiasm.

MortalitasBorealis

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Though at first relieved to hear that the amulet will be fine for her to wear, albeit uncomfortable for a while, the whole ‘attune her to the element of fire’ thing did give her cause for concern. She could imagine her scales turning red or orange, her flames becoming much stronger, increased vulnerability to cold… but what would it do to her mind, which she knew it’d do something to? While she did love her sister pet, the household could probably do without two Feys… Still, she might as well wear it for now. She can consult Aya about it later. “Thanks for the information, Phyre, Korrie will… see what happens.” She smiled with a little uncertainty.

Korrie listened curiously as Phyre explained the entity that had taken possession of Chai. An evil water elemental that had turned to vapor? That’d explain the weird smoke, and why ice fire seemed to devour it. It could’ve been pure coincidence that he chose Chai to possess, with his gaseous form it’d only take forcing someone to breathe him in, wouldn’t it. The wyvern girl giggled at Fey’s vaping remark. “Well at least he’s gone for good this time. As long as no one chucks another evil water elemental into a nearby volcano things should be fine.” She remarked, hoping to reassure Chai somewhat that there’s no chance of a repeat incident.

Still, with that matter out of the way, they’re back to trying to get home. Judging by how Phyre said it, the odds of finding the right volcano nearby would be infinitesimally smaller than the odds of Chai screwing up the spell and condemning them to the void. It… sounded scary, but so are plane crashes and people still ride them regularly, right? “Looks like our best bet is for Chai to teleport us home then. It’s alright, Korrie has faith in her.” The wyvern girl smiled. Granted, she kind of had to have faith because there’s no other option, but that part is better left unsaid.

---

The twins soon located the dwarves they were looking for, though the condition they were in was quite the sight to behold. Those frilly aprons were downright comedic on them, and Shiroi had to resist the urge to grin. “Hey, uh, are we interrupting something?” She asked Flint, and got her answer. This time she couldn’t resist the amused smirk creeping on her face, knowing that the brothers were being punished like kids that stole from the cookie jar. It was only at Uldar’s complaining that the twins even remembered the ‘souvenir’ they brought back from their battle and looked back at the trail of sand they’ve been leaving wherever they went. “Oh, uh… Sorry about that.” Shiroi’s grin took a turn for the apologetic as she realized what they’d done. The brothers’ plight was funny but she didn’t want to make it worse.

Kuroi too was struck with a pang of guilt as she realized how much they had added to the brothers’ toil. “M-Maybe we can make it up to you? I can make a washcloth that absorbs dust and sand…” The catgirl offered, and would proceed to make one if the dwarfs approve, Shiroi creating a surface for her to draw the item. It looked like nothing more than a black square of ‘fabric’ with glowing text on it, but as the twins gave themselves a quick scrubbing, it’d prove to do its job just fine.

Whether they accepted the offer to help or not, Shiroi would propose that to everyone’s benefit the two of them should probably take a bath and get a change of clothes, which the catgirl agreed to, the twins bidding the dwarves good fortune and heading off for a quick clean up before lunch.

OP
L

Lunaraia

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Nodding slowly to both Fey and Korrie, then after a short bout of hesitation giving both a hug, Chā'i started to prepare the spell that would hopefully transport the two back to Ulthar, meanwhile Phyre gave the two girls a final farewell and gave Fey a small bundle, which, when opened would contain a bunch of peppers and some seeds ”Sending you off without a reward feels wrong, as such and seeing you seemed quite fond of the peppers I figured you should take these and some seeds to grow more, they are a hardy lot so it should not be hard for you to get results” she approached Korrie and gave her a small bundle as well, this one too contained seeds though they were instead from a somewhat sweet Orange like fruit with a slightly glowing center that had a mellow and sweet taste. ”Seeing as you don't strike me as being equally fond of spicy foods I suppose this will fit your tastes better, take care you two and may we meet again sometime.”

As Phyre smiled there was a bright burst of green fire and the two girls were gone, Phyre looked at the place they had stood before turning towards Chā'i ”We will have our work cut out for us now, who knows how long time we have really, not to mention we need to explain things to mom and dad, this is gonna be a doozy of a tale” as she spoke she slowly shook her head before heading out of the room, stopping at the door to wait for her sister, Chā'i looked at Phyre for a few moments dreading that particular conversation, before nodding and following along silently, only turning around momentarily to watch as a strange slightly glowing blue smoke disappeared back into the corner of the room it had started to appear in moments before Chā'i sent Korrie and Fey away, The Hounds weren't crazy enough to mess with Primals, and their real prey had disappeared away.

A Bright flash of green light and Korrie and fey would find themselves back in the Dragon Conclave just in time to catch the tail end of the receptionist yelling something, “-o to them just now, I demand and exple- wha-?” The two twins would not have much time before they were once again face to face with Chā'i, though the two would now notice a few differences with her seeing as they had been standing so close to her before being sent away, she seemed, a wee bit taller, she also were not wearing a collar any more and more importantly she was waering the same clothes she had been when they first met her in the conclave and if the snippet of conversation was any indication she had, somehow, not left the conclave in the hours since they disappeared, it was, in fact, almost as if almost no time at all had passed.

”See? I told you they would return shortly, didn't I now don't be such a grump all ends that ends well” Chā'i bopped the receptionist on his nose which had him just blink, utterly flabbergasted as Chā'i calmly walked over to Korrie and fey ”Why don't we go some place a bit more quiet and I can explain exactly what just happened, as I am pretty sure Phyre promised you answers before we sent you away” Chā'i smiled and gestured for Korrie and Fey to follow her back out the portal and over to a cafeteria close by, where she ordered some juice for the three of them, Fey would notice hers wee extra spicy, by human standards.

Chā'i Looked at the two with a happy smile ”To make a long explanation short, when you met me at the conclave I had actually been waiting for the two of you for some time, you see that little fire burst of mine, it sent you back in time, 200 years, to be exact, I will say though, your little jaunt through time turned out to be a blessing in more ways than one, not only did you help mend the jealousy and hatred I felt towards my sister, as well as rescued me from being nothing more than a puppet to hat... thing. But the little corner of the Plane of fire that my sister were overseeing has become one of the most prosperous after you opened the idea of Planar Tourism to us, the bath here in Ulthar are small scale compared to what we have going elsewhere” Chā'i's demeanor seemed seemed quite different from back in the plane of fire, more mature and calm, less consumed by guilt or rage, instead of a roaring out of control inferno, she seemed a calm candle flame, bright and in control, clearly she wasn't bluffing when she said 200 years had passed between their last meeting, which would also explain the presence of a scar along her right shoulder that hand't been there before and they hadn't noticed on their first meeting.

”Here I go monologuing again, you must have questions, go on ask, I would also offer you something to eat but I don't think it was that long since you ate back in the small private dining room back in the castle... for you at least” Chā'i chuckled but even so gestured towards the menu clearly indicated that if they wanted something they were welcome to order anything.

_________

The moment Kuroi mentioned making a cloth that could absorb sand the two dwarves looked quite hopeful ”Not happenin' those two brought this upon themselves and they will not get any help at all, those were Maeve's exact words and trust me lass, ye don't wanna get on her bad side, not unless ye wanna be eatin' dog food fer the rest of yer stay and have yer room downgraded to a stall with some hey out in the stables.” Uldar and Dulgar looked quite dismayed at the news though obviously there was no way they could complain, they had brought it upon themselves, after all.

Flint would then give a rather malicious grin and wink to the twins and usher the two away to let the dwarves clean in peace, while also causing the two to scatter even MORE sand around since he, most likely deliberately, made sure the twins went the long way around the reception, scattering sand in a pretty neat trail behind them as they went and earning some rather murderous glares from the younger dwarves in the process, causing Flint to chuckle as he looked back, his red eyes tingling with mischief as he ushered the twins upstairs to wash of and get their clothes cleaned off so they wouldn't leave more sand behind before lunch would be served.

Last edited:

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Fey pondered about Korries attunement too. Her getting a bit more orangey or even better at fiering was good, but even more awesome was the idea of her mind changing a little to match. After all, the household could always use more Fey™.

"Or use a bigger, hotter vulcano next time!" Fey recommended, because everything could be fixed with enough fire. "Waaait you can grow more of those?"
Fey cheered at the awesome-peppers. "I didn't know that. ooooh! Korrie I am a gardener now. Can you grow them with fire?"
Fey seemed happy and saved her peppers in her Fey-Sash!

And they arrived in a puff of fire (best kind of puffing, of course) to some spicey juice and explanation. "Yeah sure, let's just make sure to change locations, I don't want to have to swipe left on the dogs."
She nodded, before tilting her head at the explanations.

"I hope the temporal distortion helped with the dogs wanting to meet hot singles in the area because I think someone boring explained to me that unsupervised planar travel especially of those bearing eldritch taint was very attractive to them and I had an encounter with a wiggley tentacle guy earlier. Fey was a sacrifice!"
She enthused, before looking around, reading through the menu and seeming to want to move on already. "I wanna go rescue my mistress nowww!"

MortalitasBorealis

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Despite all that had happened, Korrie didn’t hesitate to hug back, wishing the best for both Chai and Phyre. To her pleasant surprise she and Fey even got some interesting farewell gifts. The wyvern girl was about to suggest not incinerating the seeds, until she remembered where they were and what the plants handed to Fey were. “Maybe…? Best to hold off on setting them on fire.” Korrie sweatdropped, holding on to her own bundle. She doubted they’d have time to do any gardening for a while to come, but one day once they complete their quest and return to the mansion, it should prove to be a lovely memento for this leg of their journey.

In a burst of green fire, the two pets departed, Korrie completely unaware of the threat that they had just escaped. Instead, the wyvern girl found herself disoriented as she looked around and tried to understand what had happened. It seems the teleportation was a success, and they were back in the tent to the dragon enclave, but… “Chai…? How…” Korrie blinked, staring at the one who had originally sent them on this little sidequest. She recognized this moment; it was when they were first teleported away, but how? Were they sent back through time? B-But that would mean that the Chai in front of them is-

…Apparently not, judging by this Chai’s words. Completely confused as to what’s going on (and what Fey was going on about with dogs), Korrie could only give the receptionist a bewildered apology and goodbye before following their original kidnapper back out, arriving at a cafeteria. Even after listening to the woman’s explanation, the wyvern girl still had a hard time comprehending what had just occurred. “So, is this some kind of stable time loop-maintaining thing? That stuff always confuses Korrie…” The pet wyvern grumbled, deciding not to think too hard on the concept. All she needed to understand was that they were sent back in time, shaping their current present and leading to their own temporal kidnapping. How the time loop even started was something better left for more eldritch beings. “Well, Korrie’s just glad everything worked out for the better! How’s Phyre been?” She asked, then gave the phoenix a funny look as Fey seemed to be making even less sense than usual. “Dogs? What… You mean the Hounds of Ti-” She stopped herself, unable to remember if saying their names was supposed to summon them or something, “You mean those dogs? Did you see one somewhere?” Korrie asked, a little concerned. It’d been a long time since they last encountered one, and she’d rather never meet another again.

---

That’s rather overly spiteful of her…” Kuroi remarked, but backed off on her offer to help anyway. With little else they could do, the twins’ only recourse was to just leave to take a bath, inadvertently leaving more sand on the floor wherever they went. The two tried to apologize to the other pair of twins, but they could only hope that the dwarves don’t hold a grudge.

Once in the bathroom, the two finally got a chance to dust off their clothes as best they could, then prepare a nice warm bath for themselves to relax in. Of course, it was a little embarrassing to be nude like this in front of each other, especially with the latent sexual tension in the air since they’ve started this journey, but in the end they were still siblings, and bathing together wasn’t anything they hadn’t done before. The awkward arousal was quickly washed away anyway by the comfort of the bath on their exhausted bodies, and the two allowed themselves to simply relax while they cleaned themselves up, sharing some idle chitchat and wondering what the two pets were up to.

OP
L

Lunaraia

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Chā'i looked just as bewildered as Korrie by Fey's strange behaviour, then again she had not seen the two in 200 years and had not interacted with Fey to the extent Phyre had, even so she seemed to take her eccentric behaviour in stride as she ordered something to drink for the tree of them, when the drinks arrived Korrie would find hers to be some kind of milkshake like drink, that was quite refreshing, while Fey would find hers were spicy, though nowhere near as powerful as her peppers, though still spicy enough to ward of your average person.

Chā'i herself sipped some tea, looking quite refined as she did so ”I heard about your plight from Phyre, though it is a long way from here to where you need to go, how do you even plan on getting there?” Chā'i seemed genuinely curious about the whole thing though it would be up to the two to decide how much they wanted to tell her about the whole affair.

______

The twins likely be elated to learn that the bath water were warm enough to just drain the tension out of their body and allow them to relax, though would likely be even happier to learn the bathtub were far roomier inside than the outside would suggest, allowing the two the submerge to their necks when sitting upright inside it.

Though they would likely be even more surprised to find that while they bathed their clothes had somehow not only been dusted, but also been washed, ironed, mended of any rifts and tears and folded neatly on top of their bed, rather than left in a pile on the bathroom floor where they had left them, despite no one entered the bathroom while they were bathing, which would likely cause a bit of bewilderment.

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"Pfah, name me one thing that isn't improved by fire!"
Fey enthused towards her sister. "Well yes! Someone boring but smart, forgot who told me to watch out for dogs on tinder.. you know? The dating app?"
Fey had respect for not everyone being able to keep up with her fiery mind and unique approach to understanding.

"You can swipe either left or right. Haven't used it but that was how it works. Left declines lustful contact."
she explained, slurping her spice drink before ruining any attempt Korrie wanted to potentially have at secrecy by openly informing: "We're gonna go on a boat! Yay!#
Though it's taking too long.. hrmpfhhh!"

She still wanted mistress restored and in prime cuddling condition.

MortalitasBorealis

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Deciding not to bother trying to decipher this whole Tinder business, Korrie just let the subject slide and continued on. “We’re planning on boarding a ship to… Dylath-Leen, Korrie thinks it’s called? Some big port city, and from there we’d find a path to the library. Korrie’s a little fuzzy on the details, but we have a handler to guide us, she’s a local to the dreamlands so she knows her way around.” The wyvern girl nodded. It really does feel like it’s been way too long a time, and they still haven’t boarded the ship yet… Aya knew best how much time they had, she assumed, but it was pretty hard to let go of that worry now that it’s been brought up again. “You wouldn’t happen to know a faster way, would you?

---

After all that had occurred for the day, the twins were more than happy to relax in the comfortable bath, letting their tensions fade away. To think, so much has happened already and they’re still on the first leg of their journey. Somehow, both of them felt like their quest would only grow more arduous with time, even though they’d just faced off against a fragment of an elder god.

It was only after they had deemed themselves well rested enough that they looked and noticed something was wrong. “…Sister, where did our clothes go?

Huh?” Shiroi stared blankly at the spot where she had left her clothes, only to find nothing but floor. “…How the hell…” She muttered in confusion, and while her neko sister blushed at the thought that someone might have snuck in here and stolen their clothing, Shiroi carefully opened the bathroom door and looked out into the bedroom, where she found their clothes completely cleaned and neatly stacked on the bed. “Oh, there they are. I’m just gonna chalk it up as a house feature.” The albino and neko relaxed, finished drying themselves off and got themselves dressed, allowing themselves to just lie on the bed for a bit, enjoying the soft bedsheets and the fresh feeling of both their bodies and clothes. Maeve will call when lunch is ready.

OP
L

Lunaraia

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Chā'i looked at Fey once more, clearly having no clue what she was on about, but were smart enough to realize it had something to do with where Fey were from and as such nothing she had any idea on how would function, but decided to not comment on it, she doubted Fey would notice anyhow. As for Korrie's comment on Dylath-Leen, that clearly had her more worried as her focus shifted back to Korrie the moment she heard the name.

”Dylath-Leen is a place you should spend as little time as possible in these days, the new lords of the city are not particularly nice to outsiders at the best of times, I would strongly recommend against wandering off in any way outside of a large group while you are there, as for transport, if it wasn't for the dangers involving nightmares I would have offered you a Flame Chariot as thanks for the help, but those things are not that sturdy and if you encountered a nightmare you would be hard pressed to keep it steady, let alone airborne in the face of a swarm of those er... what were they called again?” Chā'i creased her eyebrows as she tried to recall the name, before she shook her head.

”It doesn't matter, what does matter however, is what type of ship you will be using, as I might be able to give it an upgrade or two depending on what it is, in fact I were told see if I could lend a hand seeing as you did save both me and my sister and potentially an entire region of the Plane of Fire, and a bunch of seeds are just not gonna work as a reward for that amount of heroics, both me and Phyre agreed on that” She smiled warmly at the two pets even as she finished her tea, then patiently waited for the pets to finish their beverages, with that done Chā'i would happily pay for the drinks and motioned for the pets to lead the way.

The trip back to the inn would be pretty uneventful, though when they got back that would abruptly change as the trio opened the door to the inn they would literally collide with Morrag who were on her way out of the door at that moment and were now sitting on the ground holding her head from her collision with the three, ”OW, mind watching where you are go- ack!” Morrags words died in her throat at the sight Chā'i and she quickly stood up courtesied in the most courtly manner possible then excused herself and ran off, leaving behind a somewhat amused Chā'i and probably VERY confused pets even as Chā'i motioned for them to continue inside.

The Twins would be able to hear a sudden, if short, commotion downstairs as as they laid down on the bed, followed by the sound of the front door slamming shut, shortly after there would be a much bigger commotion and shortly after the twins would be called downstairs.

The sight that would meet the two would be a strange one, on one hand they would see Korrie and Fey together with a strange woman they had never seen before, Korrie was now also wearing Fey's necklace for some reason and on the other would be a clearly VERY nervous trio of Dwarves, Maeve and a very tense Aya who were currently speaking to the strange woman in a language reminiscent of burning fire, which it seemed both Fey and now also Korrie could understand.

”So let me see if I understand your explanation correctly, you just finished off a time loop involving Fey, and Korrie, a loop have no idea how started but you know you are part of and due to the actions of those two some 200 years ago you are so indebted to them you wish to help out with upgrading the boat we are going to use to make it seaworthy, if possible?”

”That would be the gist of it, yes, the two did the Plane of Fire an immense favour that day and while I am very sorry for getting you involved in our problems like this I will not apologize for it as it was necessary to save my home and my past self from a fate worse than death” Cha'i were cordial in her tone, but her voice also had a firmness to it that made it clear she was not changing her mind about that particular thing.

Aya sighed and started to massage her temples, clearly frustrated about all of this, even as the tension in the room grew even larger as the arrival of the small fire elemental twins, who, upon seeing Chā'i hollered in delight and, without any heed to the current situation essentially mobbed her, asking questions in the same fiery language and dragging a much bewildered Cha'i off to their play space, along with Fey, not letting either get in a word as they kept up their rapid talking and questioning Cha'i on various topics.

Aya just shook her head slowly at the sight before sighing, ”Might as well put out an extra plate for lunch, Aunt Maeve, because that one won't be leaving until she decides to” she waved the twins over and explained what she had been told by Chā'i prior to their arrival, which included the fact that Chā'i had essentially kidnapped the pets as well as their apparent reward for a job well done, though given Ayas expression it would seem she was still worried about all this, though she seemed wildly accepting of the entire debocle, if asked why the one asking would receive a simple and short answer ”Cheshire” an answer that would probably confuse the twins more than anything given they were not there when Aya examined Fey's new “Tattoo”.

Last edited:

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"Uuuuh flame chariots sound fancy." Fey seemed enthusiastic. "We should get one anyway.. as.. backup!
It's a type of steam-boat uniquely dreamed up by someone and driven by fire-crystal-things like you had all over your place. I wanted to nab a few but they suckle out your fire and I don't like that."

She nodded.

"Tired myself out a bit trying to fire them."
Fey explained, more than happy to scuttle along back into the action.

Once they arrived, Fey waved, looked for the smaller fire-elementals to play with because they were fun and only added: "I like the plane of fire, it's hot!"
In her usual way of explaining things in the most unhelpful way possible. She was quite happy with the fire-elemental partying around though!
"I think I got better at fire stuff too. after over two hundred years in the plane of fire!"
She cheered, inaccurately. "Didn't know I could get better.. but not complaining."

MortalitasBorealis

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Yeah, Korrie heard that a certain elder god’s that doesn’t like mortals took over the place…” The wyvern girl nodded with a worried frown, remembering what Aya had said about the city a while ago. “Nightmares…? You mean like those dream bubbles, but instead of dreams they’re nightmares? …Are there a lot of them?” Korrie’s concern grew a little stronger. She still vaguely remembered a few nightmares she herself had in the past; how her mind kept coming up with those things she didn’t know, but she didn’t want to ever step into one where the horrors could actually hurt her. That weird floatiness that kept one from actually running and being forced to sort of moon-jump slowly while some thing is always but one step behind… ugh. “Hmm? You mean nightgaunts? At least, Korrie thinks that’s what they’re called. Assuming you’re talking about those bat-like demon things that feed off fear, since we’re on the topic of nightmares.

Korrie’s not sure about our ship, we haven’t even…” The wyvern girl began, only to look at Fey in surprise. “Well, nevermind then. Still, if you want to see the boat for yourself, you’d have to ask our handler about that.” The pet wyvern remarked, blushing as Chai commended them once more on their achievements. She didn’t want to impose on the fire elemental any further, but any help with their journey would be appreciated, and once the two pets finished their beverages, Korrie would be happy to lead the way back to their temporary home. As they arrived, the brief encounter with Morrag left the wyvern girl quite surprised. Was Chai always such a big name among the fire elementals or had she become so after her and Fey’s intervention?
---

The twins had little time to enjoy the comfort of the bed before the sounds of commotion came from downstairs. The two sisters shared a glance, and were already making for the door before they were called for. As ti turned out, the two pets had come back, and brought with them a stranger that was clearly some sort of fire elemental. And of course Aya could speak fire as well, but the twins couldn’t, and so all they could do was wait and watch from a distance. It appears the stranger brought with her some kind of trouble, but the tension in the air didn’t feel like outright hostility.

Then the kids came along and, completely ignoring the mood, immediately dragged their older elemental kin away to play, and that was that. Chuckling to herself, Shiroi walked up to the remaining of the group with her sibling. “So, what’s up? I can’t understand fire but that sounded like bad news.” She remarked, and the twins listened to Aya’s explanation while Korrie came to the sudden realization that the others had been speaking in elemental language and she didn’t even notice. Must be the necklace… which she should remember to ask Aya about soon.

Huh, so let me get this straight. The two of them were kidnapped out of the blue by that woman just now to complete a time loop spanning 200 years where they saved the realm of fire from disaster, and now they’re getting rewarded for it? Wow, you guys sure had a productive morning.” The white-haired girl remarked with a raised eyebrow.

You could say that.” The wyvern girl smiled, feeling quite proud of herself, “And what’ve you two been up to today?

Oh nothing much, just fought a fragment of an elder god and survived, obtaining their power in the process and making tournament history. Y’know, the usual.” Shiroi responded with a smug smirk of her own, quite enjoying the shock on Korrie’s face.

Kuroi meanwhile left the gloating to her sibling and considered what she’d just been told. “If that’s so, then I don’t understand why you’re so troubled. She was offering to help improve our ship, wasn’t she? That sounds like it can only be a good thing.” The neko remarked, unsure why Aya seemed so reluctant to accept it. Sure, fire elementals always had a bit of a chaos factor to them, knowing Fey and the kids, but Chai looked like she had a good head on her shoulders. Surely more aid for their journey would be welcome?

Neither really questioned Aya’s relative nonchalance about the situation neither. Weirdness just seemed part and parcel of life in an eldritch, magical realm like this, time travel shenanigans included. ‘Why is this happening’ was less important than ‘how do I survive this’, and since both pets came home without a scratch, that was all that really mattered.

OP
L

Lunaraia

Demon Girl
Reputation score
The conversations between the twins and Korrie as well as that of the Elementals would be interrupted as the door to one of the inner hallways opened up and the two apron clad dwarf brothers stumbled in carrying empty buckets and brooms, looking utterly exhausted as they staggered over to a supply closet near the reception desk and stashed the cleaning tools inside before staggering upstairs, using each other for support, with Flint entering shortly behind, chuckling to himself before he noticed the rest of the visitors, he gave Aya a nod and a light bow to Chā'i before heading off upstairs himself, yelling something up after the staggering dwarves in what was presumably dwarven, causing groans in response from the two, which probably meant it was a bad joke at their expense, he hadn't even cast a glance in the direction of the fire elementals or Aya and the pets, too preoccupied with having fun on the dwarves expense.

Aya for her part just shook her head at the sight, before she turned her attention to the twins and Korrie ”Why don't the three of you go into the kitchen and help Maeve with lunch preparations, and that the little ones and Fey with you, meanwhile I will see what help she is insisting on rendering” it was pretty clear Aya were not overly fond of Chā'i whether it was just Aya's general disposition towards strangers or something else were impossible to tell though.

Once the twins and Korrie managed to extract the young fire elementals and Fey from Chā'i and walked into the kitchen they would be put to work rather quickly, as Fey were given trays of food while the twins were put on charge of the plates, Korrie the cutlery, while the younger twins happily took to carrying out glasses and smaller dishes with the ham, cheese and the like, while Maeve carried out a small basket containing boiled eggs and a large mug containing milk, before she rushed back to the kitchen to ensure that the sausages and pancakes she were cooking would not get burnt while gesturing to the others where the next thing to carry out would be, with their help it would not be long before lunch would be ready.

With everything prepared Maeve called up to the dwarves and outside where Aya and Chā'i gone and called them in as well, and while their behaviour remained cordial with one another there was some clear tension that was not exactly friendly between the two, to the point that the two seated themselves as far away from one another that they could for the lunch.

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Fey seemed distracted thinking about bubbles. "Awww dun worry about any mares, Korster!"
Fey flexed a hand. "I'ma burn 'em real good.. except if it's that.. that thing.." She gulped, thinking back to her dreams of the sentient fire extinguisher..

Later, when Fey learned about the whole fragment of an elder god.. thing, she peered closely and the white and black sisters, trying to spot any errant tentacles. Of course she stared proper unsubtle like too. Still, she was about as hard to extract away as the young fire elementals, with the usual pyrical excitedness going about things.
Fey was not that used to official house-working and walked about a bit awkwardly, struggling with the plates. If she couldn't burn it, she wasn't good at it. she relaxed, but only sparsly partook of the meal... she'd eaten a lot of spicey stuff earlier and didn't need to burn much energy right now!

"So! When are we boating out? 'cause I can go tonight, are ther hammocks on the shippy ship? I hope there are.. wait, right, dreamland, dun need to sleep.. could still use hammocks though.."
She pondered, seeming to not notice, or not care about the tension in the air, picking up a small piece of meat and over-grilling it with casual ease and a concentrated flame, before munching with a 'hmnnn crunchy'..

MortalitasBorealis

Demon Girl
Reputation score

The conversation was interrupted as Korrie and the twins collectively looked towards the entering dwarves, the wyvern girl being completely confused while the sisters felt too sorry for the dwarves to tease them on their situation. Man, no mercy around this household, huh, Shiroi thought to herself. Well, hardcore chores for minor infractions was still better parenting than offering up the kids as sacrifices to a cult. A little smile crossed Kuroi’s face when the neko noticed Fey trying to inspect her for physical changes. She’s sure the phoenix would be quite interested in her mask, but she promised not to go tapping into that power willy-nilly, even if it’s just to bring out the mask.

Alright, no problem.” The albino nodded along with her sibling, Korrie hurrying on ahead to collect Fey, ever eager to please. It didn’t take much to convince the hyperactive kids to help with the chores, the promise of food is often effective, and the party swiftly helped set the table, further motivated by the delicious aroma wafting throughout the kitchen.

With so many people helping, it didn’t take long at all for the table to be set and the meal to begin. As delicious as everything was, Korrie’s appetite remained modest as it hadn’t been that long before she’d just eaten. The twins were happy to pick up the slack though, after the morning’s tribulations. The three did throw regular glances at Aya and Chai, ranging from concern to curiosity. It was still a mystery to them why the succubus was so distrustful of the elemental, who seemed to be no small name in this day and age, and thus should carry a certain repute. Perhaps it was just the usual paranoia, but perhaps it was something else. Either way, none of them wanted to damage the atmosphere of lunchtime, and so they didn’t bring up the matter, the twins instead regaling Aila on their narrow victories of the day while the wyvern girl herself eavesdropped on them.

We’re ready to set off tonight as well, if the ship is.” Kuroi agreed, her and her sister’s affairs here settled with the tournament concluded. It was comfy here in this inn, in this city, but they haven’t forgotten the purpose of their journey, and she knew Shiroi would definately be itching to see more of the world. Korrie nodded too; though she did want to visit the enclave again, their mission came first. She can always ask to come back again next year.

OP
L

Lunaraia

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Aya looked at Chā'i at the mention of the ship, before sighing ”It will probably be done in short order, given that there isn't much chat can be improved upon given what it's made out of, that being said, even with an upgrade we will still need to make a pit stop in Dylath-Leen to stock up on fo-” before she could continue she was interrupted by Maeve.

”With the situation in Dylath-Leen being as it is neither I nor Flint felt comfortable letting you stay even a moment there, so we used some of our savings and made preparations for you to not need to procure food and water for the trip” Aya looked over at Maeve, before mumbling something under her breath ”Oh I know we didn't need to but even so, you are family, even if that sister of mine is the black sheep of the family I will help in any way I can and it's not like it's a major drain on our income at any rate, so get off your prideful horse and just accept it”

Maeve looked at Aya wiith an determined expression, before she continued with her meal, leaving Aya looking somewhat helpless, a rather weird expression on her part, but one that were seemingly common where Maeve was concerned, given that none of the dwarves nor the young elementals raised an eyebrow at this exchange.

Still grumbling to herself Aya returned to her meal, looking quite annoyed, but also relieved at the news, clearly the pragmatic side of her were fighting and likely winning against the side of her that didn't want to involve others into their problems and if the news about what had happened in Dylath-Leen was anything to go by, it was probably for the best that they accepted whatever help Maeve and flint had mustered for them.

Chā'i for her part continued her meal in mostly silence, and as soon as she finished quickly excused herself to give the ship it's promised upgrades, clearly just as eager to be away from Aya as Aya were to have Chā'i out of her sight, and on her way out essentially manhandled flint to go with her, much to the amusement of both Maeve and the other two dwarves.

Aila for her part looked at the twins with an awestruck expression as they told their tales, looking even more starstruck than before, to the point she forgot all about her own meal after a few minutes of listening, eagerly latching on to every word the two said and eagerly asking questions whenever the two took a pause, eager to hear more.

Erfek took upon itself to entertain Fey and Korrie, seeing as it was pretty obvious the two weren't really hungry and it had already eaten plenty for breakfast, so it started to juggle a few nuts, an impressive feat, given each one were about half the size it was, though not as impressive as when it managed to slowly pal open the nuts, started to juggle the cores instead and ended with devouring them all, one at a time, at the end of the juggle.

As the meal ended Aya would send the others up to fetch any belongings they had left in their rooms before receiving what looked like a picnic basket from Maeve, though t was easy to guess what it was given that Aya immediately stuffed her hand into it and pulled out a rather fancy bottle containing a strange viridian liquid ”At least you didn't get scammed” she mumbled as she opened it and downed a lot of it in one go, before casually handing it to Maeve, who drank the rest with equal gusto.

”So it would seem, this is some good stuff, either way you take care now” she hugged Aya closely, before going over and giving more friendly and less intimate hugs for the rest of the group, even as Chā'i entered and informed them all she had upgraded the boat to be properly seaworthy, before she walked over to Korrie and Fey ”You two take care now, and thanks again for your help” she smiled gently and bowed ever so slightly, before she turned and walked out of the inn, without even waiting for a handshake or hug from anyone else, clearly eager to be gone from the place without insulting anyone.

The dwarves followed along the lined of Maeve, though their hugs were all quite more intimate, mostly because their shorter arms did not allow for anything else, while the fiery twins, who had been a bit sad to see Chā'i go clung to Fey and eagerly hugged her over and over while also practically demanding she return to play with them more sometime, the two clearly having taken a liking to her.

A quick trip up to fetch her bag and Aya were ready as she led the group out and over to the river where the boat where moored, a boat which looked quite a bit different now as it had a scorched look to it, but whatever else Chā'i had done to it it was clearly an improvement over the old steamboat as it no longer had the steamboat wheels to propel itself, in fact it was as if a completely new ship had been placed there in place of the old one, though a ship of obviously far better make than the one they had before.

Appearance wise the ships sootblack exterior had a strange metallic sheen to it, yet seemed crystalline and were warm to the touch, with the edges giving off a dim orange glow, the ship also now had a deck that was far higher above the ground and looked more akin to that of a scooner than the old river boat it had been, boarding it the sails could be seen to be like gossmar and shimmered like a soap bubble, though would be impossibly strong, as if they wre made out of steel when something touch them. The interior smelled faintly of cinnamon and sandalwood and were perfectly warm for everyone there, regardless of their heat preference.

The interior of the new ship was made out of what seemed to be mahogany and the furniture were artfully made with fire like patterns and dragons being the main motifs, though where were also a room with cats and other feline etchings and motifs and with two beds set close to one another that had been painted black and white, which made it pretty obvious who it belonged to.

Further down the hall were a room that seemed more like a pashas harem room than anything else, with a golden name plate spelling out Ayanthika in in stylized letters above the jumbo-kingsized bed, clearly intended for Aya to have her “fun” with and still have enough space for everyone to sleep comfortably afterwards, on the nightstand was a much smaller bed which was clearly intended for the Zoog.

Fey's room would have much more in the day of fire patterns and to anyone else would be dreadfully hot to the point of near intolerable, with part of the room literally being on fire at all times, despite not harming the walls or any of the other interior at all, nor did the flame produce any smoke.

Korries room carried the dragon aesthetic a lot and she had a big circular bed that had ben plated in gold and was encrusted with gems at first glance, though a closer inspection would reveal the gems to be made out of quarts and the gold to be paint, even so it seemed a fitting room for a pet dragon, it even ahd a giant circular blanket for korrie to use as a duvet.

There was also a smaller room that seemed to have cog-like patterns, a comfortable and exceedingly study looking bed and also a strange device that made Aila perk up at the look of it, if asked she would happily inform whomever did so that it was a maintenance bay so she could keep herself in tip-top shape without spending hours with simplistic tools and tedious rituals to ensure she wouldn't break down or malfunction, she seemed quite relieved at discovering that bay, it would seem that Chā'i had been informed about every member of this expedition and had made sure to make personal quarters for everyone.

The rest of the ship were following the main fire-dragon mix of patterning for the most part, though the engine room, which were giving of such intense heat that only Korrie and Fey would hope to get near it without several spells being cast were without much in the way of decoration, and that was because every inch of it's interior were now covered in the crystals from earlier and were surrounding what could only be described as a miniature sun that hovered in the center of the room and kept in place by what seemed to be a soap bubble attached to spiderweb like strings attached to the walls and ceiling, the heat it was giving off were so intense that no one could get anywhere close to it, not even Korrie with her amulet could withstand the sheer heat it was giving off nor could Fey though she would be able to get even closer than Korrie even without the amulet to aid her.

The crystals themselves were glowing brightly and pulsing light were disappearing from the tips of the crystals and into the ship itself, which explained the warm sensation on every surface, the ship also had a dining room which was also decorated with the same fire and dragon motifs as the rest of the interior and if anyone sat down on the chair an unseen servant would immediately present a menu with pretty much any food that the one sitting there could desire, upon discovering this Aya just shook her head ”This is just too much, with this we won't even need to make a stop in Dylath-Leen, as this is a Table of the Perpetual Feast, it will have any food you can possibly desire, in infinite amounts, the table alone is worth more than the entire inn! Not to mention the rest of the ship, if the old ship were near priceless this upgrade has a made it a damned national treasure in terms of sheer value alone, I am... almost afraid to accept this thing as a means of transport” she just shook her head, with an almost worried expression on her face as she tried to calculate just how much this ship was worth, though she stopped as she noticed a note on the table.

”Fey and Korrie, I hope you like the upgrades I have made to your ship, with this there should be no danger on the open sea that could pose a threat to you as the ship itself literally cannot sink due to the powerful enchantments enacted upon it and you will not want for food or drink due to the enchanted table, I feel like this is a far better reward for the two of you than the measly seeds we shooed you off with earlier, by the time you read this I will have returned to the Plane of Fire so it's not like you have any choice but to accept this either.

P.S Ayanthika I am sorry for getting you banned from the arena back then, it was immature of me to behave as I did and hope this can help as a means of apology for that incident as well as aid you in whatever it is you hope to accomplish here in the Dreamlands. I hope you will have a pleasant voyage. P.S I also added some clothing material in the hold as I know you are going to a very cold and inhospitable place, I am certain Ayanthika can make something useful out of it.

Thankful Regards

Chā'i

Aya just continued to shake her head and mumbled something about overkill, even as she sat down and ordered some wine from the table, which she downed in short order, clearly not sure what to make of this sudden bout of insurmountable fortune that had befallen them all due to Fey and Korrie's little skip and hop through time and space.

MortalitasBorealis

Demon Girl
Reputation score

The meal turned out to bring some really good news, as Aya’s family apparently had the party’s supplies covered, even if it was to Aya’s chagrin. Though, Korrie and the twins, especially Shiroi, did feel a tinge of disappointment that they wouldn’t get to see Dylath-Leen for themselves, but this was obviously the safer option. As cool a place to explore as the city would’ve been, hostile territory was hostile territory.

That subject was soon set aside for the future though, as the twins were caught up with telling their tale to a captivated audience, and Korrie giggled as she watched Erfek’s antics, doubly amused knowing who the little creature really was.

There weren’t many personal belongings for the girls to pack, so it wasn’t long before farewells were spoken and the party was on its way. Korrie was easily the most affectionate, reciprocating hugs and offering one to Chai, the wyvern girl wanting to make sure the fire elemental felt appreciated despite the awkward atmosphere. The twins were more reserved, but they weren’t shy with their gratefulness for the hospitality and the help with the boat. This household may never be truly family to them, but this was as close as it gets.

Though none of them had ever actually seen the original boat for themselves, it was plenty obvious to them that the ship did not used to look like that. Fascinated, the twins and the pet wyvern eagerly boarded their new aquatic home and began exploring, examining the obsidian-like material and the gorgeous sails that could only be described as dream-like with its rainbow sheen. Enchantments regulated the temperature perfectly for everyone, and there was a nice homey scent of wood in the air. Even the bedrooms were fully stylized to fit their planned inhabitants, and there was even one for Aila.

Holy… I was expecting a reinforced hull and a new engine, this is… she really went the extra mile.” Shiroi examined her shared room with her sister in awe, smiling as she saw the neko fawn over some of the adorable etchings. Surely Chai couldn’t have known about them prior to today? This would mean she designed all this and then made it happen within the span of hours. The warlock wondered if this was some kind of renovation magic she could learn, it would be beyond useful in every day life.

Korrie meanwhile found her jaw dropping at the sight of her own bed, dropping on all fours as she rushed to admire it up close. …She soon realized that it was mostly an illusion, the gems were just various colored quartz and the gold was paint, but she chuckled anyway after the initial disappointment. It still looked gorgeous, it was rather cutely fitting for a pet like her, and honestly, an actual bed of gold and jewels might’ve been a problem for her with her treasure lust.

After the twins checked out Aila’s own quarters as well and the party reconvened, the group finally checked out the engine room as well, the sheer heat of what’s inside keeping the twins out entirely, and even Korrie couldn’t get more than a few steps in, nor did she dare to. “This thing is intense…” “It’s literally a miniature sun at this point.” “I’d suggest it works like a fusion reactor, but I’m pretty sure it’s even better than one. This thing could probably power a whole town, much less a boat…” The three remarked in awe and fear of the sheer might of a fire source stronger than even Fey could handle. Just how far did Chai go repaying her favor?

The answer was even further beyond, as they learned once they reached the dining room. “An infinite food table? Seriously?! …Can we just live here instead of the mansion from now on?” Shiroi asked, and Korrie couldn’t help but ponder the same thing. The extent of luxury the boat offered was actually scary…

The wyvern girl noticed the note about the same time as Aya did, and went to read it along with the others. They didn’t comment aloud on the juicy tidbit below addressed to their handler, though the twins did wonder just what the heck Chai and Aya had done to actually get banned from the arena, having experienced first hand the kind of insanity that was allowed in the ring.

...Y’know, winning the tourney doesn’t feel like much of an achievement anymore compared to winning THIS boat. You really won the lottery this time, you two.

Y-yeah, heheh… It feels almost too good to be true.” Korrie chuckled awkwardly. Normally she wasn’t the type to be modest about receiving charity, but THIS was on a whole other level. Bumbling their way through saving the realm of fire over the span of a few hours didn’t feel even close to deserving of such a reward. Though she’d come to accept a lot of formerly unimaginable conveniences thanks to the power of eldritch magic, it was quite clear that all this wasn’t achievable with just a wave of the wand. Just how much did this cost Chai? Did Phyre even agree to this?? The wyvern was afraid that the royals might have bankrupted their region of the plane of fire just to overpay this debt.

With our supplies being essentially infinite, I believe this means it’ll be a straight line of luxury to the library for us. Not quite the adventure I was expecting, but I won’t complain about traveling in comfortable safety. It should cut off many days of travel as well.

Careful, sis, you’re gonna jinx it~ We weren’t supposed to go to Ravenholm neither, remember? Besides, even in the best case scenario there’s still the actual trial. But until we run out of luck, I think we should just enjoy ourselves.” Shiroi shrugged, wondering if she should order a drink as well. “By the way, Aya, where’s that ‘tutor’ you mentioned? They on their way or are we picking them up at some point?” She asked. Kuroi felt a pang of irritation from within herself just at the mention of her mysterious tutor, but she forced it back down, replacing it with curiosity.

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Fey pondered how one could save up dream-money but did not decide to question any generosity here. She did clap happily for the juggling act though, only to mirror it with a little bit of flame juggling that only almost went bad with a stray ball of flame, and likely a stern look and reminder about evoking flames in the building...

She pat-patted the fiery twins afterwards, waving and encouraging them with the same high-emotional fiery spirit.. and then, it was time to move on, for which she was grateful, although, at first she was mistaken about which one was their ship, the original seemed to have gone missing, at first!
Fey definitly liked the ships interior designs, going 'oooh' and 'aaah!' at the fiery-dragon.. this ship had to be going super fast! Yay for mistress-rescuing. "What's an Ayanthika though?"
She pondered on the way.

"Ooh my rooms hot!"
Fey cheered at her dream-room, whistling at a bit of the fire, which literally hopped over to her and sat on her shoulder like the most exothermic kind of pet.

She also got big eyes once they got to reviewing the engine-room, "Now that's real hot.. I'ma go tan here." She suggested, happy to win the 'get closer to the miniature sun' competition no one but her had annnounced. "If I can't touch it, it's hotter than anything found on earth, save for some very exotic materials... I mean I'm new to flame resistance things, but this is above molten iron which gets suprisingly hot..."
She mused briefly.

Next, however, she hopped up to the table. "One moderately hot pepper please.. yey! one slightly hotter pepper!"
She seemed to enjoy the table.
"Eww cold places."
She grumbled, peering over at the letter.. "Gonna need a new paper for this."
She nodded, also pretending to feed her tamed fire-pet with a pepper... then she raised an eyebrow at the table.

"Eyepatch. I want to eat an eyepatch."
She declared, before aquiering an eyepatch (quite apparently made of black liquorice, and putting it over her eye. "Y'arrrr mateys I be Captn' Fey!"
She grinned

"An' this be me Vessel, the ... Burnin' Phoenix! yarrrrr" She declared, planting a foot on the nearest chair.
"I don't know what this raveholt is ye landlubber, we be setting sails to the library of pancakes, forthwith!"
She declared, raising an imaginary cutlass. Apparently, the ship had gotten the phoenix-seal of approval, as she commented with another yarrr, and an eventuall devouring of her eyepatch.