What's new

ACT [Mega Blue Ball] Pixie Panic Garden v1.2 (RJ225140)

OP
laek

laek

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Wow, thanks everyone for the amazing feedback! This information is invaluable and helps me improve how I approach game design, so appreciate you all taking the time to post them. Thank you very much!

@SethK I'm glad you've enjoyed the new content. I hope I can keep up delivering entertaining games to you in the future!

@Lynte Super informative and interesting to have the perspective of someone who is not that much of a fan of the gameplay genre. Your criticisms are spot on, and some of them are even shared and were noted by previous posters. The sfx quality feedback is nice too, and it's something I'll pay more attention in the future. I take full responsibility for my mistakes in game design, no excuses. Things like an HP mechanic, more lenient modes, less claustrophobic levels and gameplay assists (and many other suggestions, some of them that you noted too) are all things that I'm writing down and documenting as improvements for the sequel. Since you touched on the subject of a sequel, I'll take the opportunity to clarify it here: Yes I have plans for a sequel to PPG, but it won't be my next project. I do wanna tackle something different first to get some more experience, so PPG 2 will be for another time.

@Totters I'm quite the heavy lurker myself, so I'm glad my game inspired you to post your feedback! When it comes to enjoying hentai games, I'm the same way: I like to imagine and fantasize about the characters and story, even making up context to things that even the author of the game didn't think himself. It is a nice way to get enjoyment out of game beyond the scope of the main design. Originally I planned to have little story segments/cutscenes with dialogue telling the backstory of the game, but given my amateurish game dev skills at the time, I didn't feel like I could pull it off. Nevertheless, I'm happy that you are having a good time with the presentation and how I depicted the pixel art. As for the suggestions, I even commented this a couple posts back, but for the sequel I hope to implement a clothing damage system which would be equivalent to the player's HP. So Pixie begins fully clothed and as she steps on her own bombs or gets hit by monsters, her clothes get more worn out until she is at the end of her HP, fully naked and if the player is hit in this state then finally she is knocked down. So yeah, that would mean you could control Pixie butt naked and I could even do more interesting things or mechanics to go along with it. Another idea I noted down was different costume for her too in the sequel.

While I'm here, I'll post the commission that I requested of . It depicts the reason why Pixie was having the strange dreams, and I even wrote a short story for it that you can read here.

Cheers!

Hypnotized Pixie.png

OP
laek

laek

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
It took a long ass time, but PPG is finally released on Nutaku!

If anything else, hopefully this proves as a good alternative platform for people who couldn't purchase it from dlsite or itchio. Going forward for my future games I'll be more mindful to have more purchasing options from the get-go.

kiko

aka the Asian rapper Kikkoman Flowsauce
Reputation score
It took a long ass time, but PPG is finally released on Nutaku!

If anything else, hopefully this proves as a good alternative platform for people who couldn't purchase it from dlsite or itchio. Going forward for my future games I'll be more mindful to have more purchasing options from the get-go.
Page not found 404 error :/

Also if you don't mind me asking, will your future games feature sprite sex?

OP
laek

laek

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
@kiko
Hmm link seems to be working fine and I have posted the same link elsewhere with no problems. Maybe you have their site blocked on the browser? If it's not a bother, please would you kindly see if you can reach it via going to nutaku's main website and on the downloadable games section my game should be at the top. If there is still a problem then I can look into it.

To answer your question: Yes my next game will have 2D sprites too. In fact I'm already working on an early prototype, and when I have a more solid base gameplay demo I'll make a dedicated thread for it. This time I want to involve the community more in the early development. You can check out an early WIP here:

Now that said, I do hope in the future to make a 3D game, so I can't promise I'll always make sprite based games. We'll see.

kiko

aka the Asian rapper Kikkoman Flowsauce
Reputation score
@kiko
Hmm link seems to be working fine and I have posted the same link elsewhere with no problems. Maybe you have their site blocked on the browser? If it's not a bother, please would you kindly see if you can reach it via going to nutaku's main website and on the downloadable games section my game should be at the top. If there is still a problem then I can look into it.

To answer your question: Yes my next game will have 2D sprites too. In fact I'm already working on an early prototype, and when I have a more solid base gameplay demo I'll make a dedicated thread for it. This time I want to involve the community more in the early development. You can check out an early WIP here:

Now that said, I do hope in the future to make a 3D game, so I can't promise I'll always make sprite based games. We'll see.
Nevermind, seems to be working now. I guess Nutaku was having maintenance or something.

Good, good to see that you're already mid progress. I await a demo eagerly and wish you all the best in further developing!

KiwiOneBite

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
I had picked up the Steam version and noticed that I couldn't get any of the dog scenes that were in the demo, is the steam version based on the nutaku version with removed content?

OP
laek

laek

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
@KiwiOneBite There are some cheat codes that you can use in the game. You can check them out . There might be one specifically that might help you in that regard. ;)
Let me know if it works out for you OK? Otherwise I can look into other solutions.