What's new

RPG [Amatsuchiya] サキクエ / Saki Quest (RJ088540)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spider

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Re: Saki Quest (Out now!!!!)

Not yet unfortunately, like I said, real life, the GOOD news is, I have a free day tomorrow, so I'm pretty much gonna work on it all night tonight and a good bit of tomorrow and then it should be done :D
may the force be with you... or anything like that .... that helps rofl

Dimly Lit Hamster

Tentacle God
Reputation score

may the force be with you... or anything like that .... that helps rofl
Hah thanks! I finally got all the scenes that were lost done again, now it's just a matter of doing the CG viewer and checking to see if I missed anything as some of the events were actually from the Twins game, so I skipped a few, but I just wanna make sure they weren't ever used.

Texas

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

We are here for you for uh....support and stuff so keep up the good work sir and this is much appreciated.

Dimly Lit Hamster

Tentacle God
Reputation score

We are here for you for uh....support and stuff so keep up the good work sir and this is much appreciated.
The encouragement is appreciated! I just hate feeling like I'm letting people down when I delayed it, that said, I'm starting it up again tonight for, what I hope, is the last time :D

Rolfson

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

To borrow a phrase from Touhou fandom, waiting warmly.

Master Spark

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Glad to hear you're almost done, Monkeyman. Thanks for taking the time to translate this game for us!

Dimly Lit Hamster

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Update time! So yeah, the creator of this codes like I do, which is, he finds a way that works, does it for ages, finds a better way and then switches the whole thing around!

While translating the CG viewer, the first few scenes were simply copy and paste jobs, the later ones have branching paths that the original, non CG viewer scenes didn't have so I have to re-translate some bits etc.

I also totally forgot to translate Mikoto's rape scene and the Purple haired demon from TwinQuest. Thankfully they won't take long though.

Which leaves me with a Poll kinda thing for you.

If I finish those two things tonight, should I release it with the CG viewer only about 70% complete? I'll no doubt be doing a second re-release of the translation with spelling mistakes and grammar fixed, so in that time I could finish the CG viewer and have it 100% done by then. Now the thing is, I'm reluctant to do that cause what I think might happen there is, in the next few months people will have the older version, not know there is a new 100% version with spelling mistakes and such and end up stuck with a 90% version.

If that makes any sense?

Hoyasiamica

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

I think you should release only a 100% version with grammar corrections

Last edited:

Dimly Lit Hamster

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I think you should release only a 100% version with grammar corrections
Mmm, that's what I'm thinking too, but I KNOW I'm going to make a few mistakes, I did some of the translations when I was REALLY tired so there's probably a few things wrong, nothing major though, but I'd much rather have to only release a second one with spelling fixes, as those are easily done in a few minutes, rather than a second one with whole new content in it :/

triacom

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Mmm, that's what I'm thinking too, but I KNOW I'm going to make a few mistakes, I did some of the translations when I was REALLY tired so there's probably a few things wrong, nothing major though, but I'd much rather have to only release a second one with spelling fixes, as those are easily done in a few minutes, rather than a second one with whole new content in it :/
Personally, I'd prefer a version without the full CG viewer, but that's because I don't care for the CG viewer because I feel that takes away from the whole "game" thing, I've never used the CG viewer, if I wanted the CG's it isn't that hard to play through the game until I get to them and that makes them more rewarding (when they happen in the game).
If I just wanted the CG I could just look up a bunch of images instead.

Last edited:

sn123412

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

Personally, I'd prefer a version regardless of the CG viewer, but that's because I don't care for the CG viewer because I feel that takes away from the whole "game" thing, I've never used the CG viewer, if I wanted the CG's it isn't that hard to play through the game until I get to them and that makes them more rewarding (when they happen in the game).
If I just wanted the CG I could just look up a bunch of images instead.
Yea, i agree, dont really much care for the CG viewer.

Dimly Lit Hamster

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Yea, i agree, dont really much care for the CG viewer.
Well there's a difference between the CG and the scene viewer, I ended up confusing myself :L

Still though, making good progress tonight, I MIGHT just get it out this evening (in about 3 hours or so) but try not to be too disappointed if I don't.

That's one thing I've learned from all this, don't give a definite date. Ever. :L

Edit: Oh thank god! From here on out there's no more conditional clauses in the Scene viewer! It's all just Copy and paste!

Last edited:

glacier

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

If you are already changing the text, why don't you just add a message in the prologue that says it's an in-progress translation?

You could even link this thread or a disposable email account where people can point out typos.

Dimly Lit Hamster

Tentacle God
Reputation score

If you are already changing the text, why don't you just add a message in the prologue that says it's an in-progress translation?

You could even link this thread or a disposable email account where people can point out typos.
Hmmm that's not a bad idea, It's not that I WANT to have to release a second version, I REALLY don't but I know there's gonna be some mistakes that I missed somewhere along the line, and I'd rather have a proper nice looking translation rather than a shoddy one. Blame my OCD :L

Solarpants

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

I'm just gonna parrot what everyone else said, I don't really mind the lack of CG/Scene viewer translation, and just add a disclaimer that it's not complete yet.

Spider

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Hmmm that's not a bad idea, It's not that I WANT to have to release a second version, I REALLY don't but I know there's gonna be some mistakes that I missed somewhere along the line, and I'd rather have a proper nice looking translation rather than a shoddy one. Blame my OCD :L
you should make a mail adress only for this one... u wouldnt want ur mail registered with all the gay/donkey/someotherstuffumightnotenjoy sites the internet has to offer

Hoyasiamica

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

but why have him release two (or more) seperate versions when he could release one singular fully translated game with all of the content?
I understand that everyone wants the game as soon as possible, but you could surely wait for a bit longer for a full release?

kR1pt0n1t3

Tentacle God
Reputation score

but why have him release two (or more) seperate versions when he could release one singular fully translated game with all of the content?
I understand that everyone wants the game as soon as possible, but you could surely wait for a bit longer for a full release?
I Agree. We've waited for months tbh so couple of weeks more wont make a big difference.

Solarpants

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Because he already said that he's likely to have at least two releases anyway. If he holds off the CG/Scene viewer than the inevitable second release will have a little more meat to it than "I fixed some typos. Peace.".

Dimly Lit Hamster

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I Agree. We've waited for months tbh so couple of weeks more wont make a big difference.
Well it won't be weeks ( Good god I hope it won't be weeks!) It's just a matter of finding time to do it, like I said, I really only get a few hours each night to do it, and you'd be surprised how long it takes, even copy pasting scenes, I have to check pictures and event calls and make sure I didn't screw any of them up etc.

It's not really hard, just mindnumbingly boring.

Status
Not open for further replies.