What's new

Anime: what do you watch?

ShasoGames

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Re: Anime: what do you watch?

The last thing I saw was mononoke, not princess. I really liked the style and the story, a bit weird anime. I was surprised that I did not find it before

imnotapervert

Totally is a Pervert
Reputation score

Anything gonna be good this season?

Yoshiiki

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Anything gonna be good this season?
I don't have the time to watch anything lately, but let me at least take a look at what we have this season. This is purely based on my gut and few other things, but mainly my gut.
With links to MAL.

- It's a ~monogatari series, so I do expect it to be good or at least above average. Requires previous series, for plot and shit :p
- This will try to be decent style like Strike Witches, smells like it will fail.
- Oh? This could be a nice take on romance genre, looks like it is at least worth checking out.
- Hmm... hmm... hmm... Either a hit for average standards or a total waste of screen time.
- Looks very promising, like it will be above average, with weird stuff that suck you in like unwanted pleasure. I don't expect this director to fuck this up.
- Ahahahaha.... *takes deep breath* aaaahahahahahaha... No.
- I dunno, seems like it will barely last for those 12 episodes then be forgotten. Not good, not bad, average with annoying MC.
- Oh? This is gonna be one of those weird but amusing and cozy series? Sure, I don't mind.
- Lol, everything looks interesting and premise is interesting, but my gut tells me that something will be fucked up.
- In best case scenario, comedy part will be enough for this to work, otherwise, meh.
- So... Basically they took idea for different world fantasy, took "what is this magical device?" cliche about smartphone and made a series based around this? Damn, it's so stupid it actually may work perfectly. Who made manga it's based on? *checks* Oh... Author seems like a newbie, but artist have a nice history... This may be worth checking out.
- Fuck no.
- So this is gonna be one of those stupid ones? Sure, fine.
- Shit, this is one of those with "meh" description but in reality it's gonna be interesting af.
- Maybe comedy and fanservice part will be average... maybe...

Link to a calendar, with series I missed/didn't bother to check out.

Byzantine2014

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Boku no hero is continuing this season, apart from that just Monogatari, like Yoshikii said.prob should check some more out :D

dark1193

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

here's my recommendation : Akame ga kill
Angel Beats
Death Parade
Parasyte
Hunter x Hunter
Berserk(Manga)

all of these are 11/10 anime :) after u finish these and u want more, just pm me :)

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

They're still making Tenshi Muyo stuff? I mean, god that's like beating a bone horse with a stick.

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

double post

So after watching the LA GITS movie I went back and watched the animoos.

Can anyone recommend a similar series? Doesn't specifically have to be a spec ops cyberpunk. But I'm looking for something with investigative/mystery qualities and a serious tone.

Reputation score

here's my recommendation : Akame ga kill
Angel Beats
Death Parade
Parasyte
Hunter x Hunter
Berserk(Manga)

all of these are 11/10 anime :) after u finish these and u want more, just pm me :)
Can You recommend something similar to Berserk or Claymore? :)

Yoshiiki

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

double post

So after watching the LA GITS movie I went back and watched the animoos.

Can anyone recommend a similar series? Doesn't specifically have to be a spec ops cyberpunk. But I'm looking for something with investigative/mystery qualities and a serious tone.
How about ?
Don't let those giant robots fool you, it's more in heavy, serious noir tone than big chunks of metal bashing at each other (yes, that part is also there).
Artstyle looks somewhat similar to Batman TAS, but it just adds quality to everything.

Also, could do the trick.

Can You recommend something similar to Berserk or Claymore? :)
I know it wasn't aimed at me, but whatever.
Oh boy, from dark fantasy genre, those two you mentioned are on the top shelf.
is nowhere near the same quality/style, but at least tried to get there (I said, tried).
If the setting doesn't matter (future, present) then there are few titles that are dark enough. Like:

- Starts like fun and games, but turns out quite heavy.

Byzantine2014

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Adding to Yoshikii's list again :D, hits all of those genres; it's fairly dark, just read the synopsis for a feel of it. There's about 3 or so movies of it, last I looked.

Last edited:

oneonemarvel

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

my favorite is Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, alltime classic

Stuffie

TouchFluffyEars
Reputation score

After months of "anime break", I finally finished "New Game!" tonight. Light, slice-of-life fun, nothing special, but overall a nice watch. :)

Next up, and also already half-way through: . Leaning more into the supernatural, so far it is okay, but not overwhelmingly good.

Kamos999

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

So I watch Dragonball super- they still increasing power level so maybe this will be infinite serial.... then Boruto, attack on titans and realy want to see one punch man season 2 but it is still long time to release.... for old I love bleach, naruto and some ecchi series with funny content...

SexCurseStudio

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

A couple months ago I watched "Overlord", and I've been eagerly anticipating the 2nd season.

It's such a hilarious concept on paper, following a top level MMO player that gets stuck inside the MMO universe where he leveled his overpowered character.

The manga has been seeing success in Japan, so I'm hopeful the anime will continue.

I also was told to watch "Hunter x Hunter"

Kronosz12

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

The best right now is the Boku no Hero Academia.
And one of my favourites is the one piece.

arpaschad

Demon Girl
Reputation score

most of these in my watch list are about to end though...

Boku no pico I mean Hero Academia season 2
RE:Creators (just finished)
Knights and Magic (last episode next week)
Made in Abyss
Isekai Shokudou
Shoukoku no Altair
Fate:Apocrypha
Kakegurui (last episode also at next week I think)
SIN:nanatsu no taizai (the ecchi one with the 7 primal sins...not the one with Meliodas and co.)

Master_Bei_Shun

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

They're still making Tenshi Muyo stuff? I mean, god that's like beating a bone horse with a stick.
Last Tenchi series I knew of was , and that seems to be the last one

A couple months ago I watched "Overlord", and I've been eagerly anticipating the 2nd season.
I am also awaiting a season 2

As for another of the "Trapped in an MMO" style anime I can recommend

Where in Log Horizon a game update removes the Log Out feature and the influx of permanent "Adventurers" have to get used to their new lives as new (if not extremely powerful) residents of their game world

With only a small inclination once in a while that this world isn't their own, (Like if you mention a cell phone in conversation, but cant recall what that is sort of thing) and no way to make enough cash to afford to even eat, a passed over group forms a party to gank some goblins.
However, goblins don't like it when humans try and kill them, and the perma death in this game carries additional repercussions, either cremate the body, or it raises as an undead

Note: If you liken the "Death in game is death in real life" part of the plot to SAO's your in for a loop, unlike the drivel that was SAO, Grimgars writer has some rudimentary knowledge on basic human functions

However, speaking of Sword Art Online, As a few may know I used to go by the username Ramenman in some early-mid 2000s sitesand games (Yes I was a Kinnikuman fan and played alot of counterstrike). So when I found this In the SAO: Ordinal Scale movie I had a decent chuckle

Makes you wonder about all the random people around the world you play against in online games

Byzantine2014

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Grimgar was really pretty good, nice synopsis you gave too. Mentioning Overlord though got me thinking, if you play as an undead character and then are locked in a game with perma death, can you even, well, die? Or would you just die from incompatibility, a live mind in a dead body... Either way, I think I'll change to a necromancer class in those worlds :3

By the way, there's a couple OVAs out for Overlord, and the second season just got

Also, tried My Cultivator Girlfriend; the subs are terrible right now, but it's also a mediocre series from what I saw, just another sub-par Shounen. Haven't tried anything else new yet

Last edited: