What's new

Anlundar Plains

Hopeyouguess62

Has a penis diamiter of 4.5cm
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Re: Anlundar Plains

The dwarf fidgets uncomfortably, seeing her friend lost in the past for a moment. She gently clears her throat, speaking in a husky voice, "Aye, lass, well. We'd bes' be movin' on." She takes another small swig of water and repacks her pack, donning it and latching her crossbow to her belt for easy access. Kara assists her friend in packing, then starts walking in the direction of the forest again.

OP
ShadowWolfSBI

ShadowWolfSBI

Chief Spam Hunter Why Are You Making Me Do This
Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score

After about an hour of travel, the pair would see some movement in the distance. As the source of the movment neared, it would resolve into a small group of Kaliveran, riding great wolf mounts. It would also be seen that two of the wolves were rideless. The group seemed to be moving about, as if searching for something.

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

Isha pulled her cowl back and waved a hand above her head to attract their attention. "Hail friends! What travels have brought you here?"

OP
ShadowWolfSBI

ShadowWolfSBI

Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score

The leader of the group signaled, and they drew closer, stopping a few yards away. He dismounted and stepped forward. "Commander Breananin?"

Hopeyouguess62

RP Moderator
Reputation score

"You tell me yer name, wolf-master, and I will tell ye mine." Kara looks up defiantly at the imperious wolf riders, her crossbow at the ready.

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

Isha relaxes once she recognizes the group, and slips a throwing knife back into the sheath on her left arm unnoticed. "Kelendur, well met! This is Kara Steamhammer, a good friend of mine. What brings you here with such a small group? They don't look like your regulars, don't tell me this is all that's left."

OP
ShadowWolfSBI

ShadowWolfSBI

Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Kelendur shook his head. "No, just all that could be spared to look. More were scattered or injured than killed, yet General Arianna received word that there was one who'd been captured. We've been looking for the convoy with the captive, to see if the storm that was sent after it succeeded."

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

Isha nods. "I was surrounded and unable to fall back, surrender seemed the better option than the alternative. The storm was successful, though I'd still be waiting for you there if Kara here hadn't found me. Give me an update, what has happened since?"

OP
ShadowWolfSBI

ShadowWolfSBI

Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"Not much. Still no word or sign of Lord Kaliverus. The last anyone saw of him, he'd been in battle with the bastard Muristan himself. The academy that they were fighting in seems to have collapsed somewhat, and we haven't been able to gain entry. Once word reached the general, she gave orders for all that could to be brought to her camp near the Northlands, and for the scouts to look for any clues as to Kaliverus' whereabouts." Kelendur shrugged. "So far, we've managed to find all of the survivors. From what we've been able to determine, only some twenty of any rank, Kaliveran or ally, fell, with only eighty lost all told. Last I was there, close to six thousand had rallied to the general's camp. Most of these have been either tasked with watching their homes for reprisals, or are looking through areas they are best suited for, trying to find clues."

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

"Perfect, that's exactly what we'll be doing, here." Isha passes the note her captors held over and keeps talking. "I want you and your men to take this back to camp at all haste and pass along that I'll be investigating on it. I have a feeling this is going to be the site of the next major conflict, I'm going to scout ahead and see what I can find out." She half turns to Kara with a grin on her face. "Ever ridden a Kaliveran battlewolf before?"

Hopeyouguess62

RP Moderator
Reputation score

"Of course I 'ave, whaddaya take me fer?! Er... ach... well, lass... It's ahh... bin-a-while." Kara approaches the wolf cautiously, her face bright red, with clearly no idea how to mount or ride the animal.

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

Isha sends the scouts-turned messengers off before Kara can embarrass herself too badly, but can't hold back a snicker as she helps the dwarf onto the wolf and sets the kneebelt in place. "She rides just like a horse, except its more of a lope than a gallop. Oh yeah, and that's the quick release, in case you need to get off in a hurry." She says as she mounts her own wolf, and sets off at an easy pace, both to prevent fatigue in their mounts too soon and to let Kara get the hang of it.

Last edited:

Hopeyouguess62

RP Moderator
Reputation score

"Steer wi' mah... whoa! Whoa, doggy!" The dwarf begins cursing profusely as she is bounced up and down on the saddle. "This blazin'..."

The dwarf begins cursing in a way that would make a pirate blanch, but after a few minutes she manages to stay upright on the beast at a slow trot, though clearly not enjoying the ride. Her jaw is clenched and sweat is beading on her forehead. "Nothin' to i'... nothin' a' all..." She growls.

Last edited:

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

Isha and Kara continue until almost nightfall, making steady progress. They break camp inside a small copse of trees near the road, and Isha immediately gets to work on starting a small fire, still chucking to herself at the dwarf's attempts to look practiced riding the battlewolf. She had to admit though, only a half day's practice and she seems to be settling in pretty well, they should be able to make better time tomorrow. After a few minutes she has the fire going well, and turns to Kara. "Do you want the first watch, or should I take it?"

Hopeyouguess62

RP Moderator
Reputation score

As Isha was turning to look at the dwarf, her ears were already picking up the sounds of deep breathing from her companion. Tuckered out from her efforts with the battlewolf, Kara had nodded off while watching the warrior build the fire, and was lightly snoring with her back resting against her pack. Her wineskin was still lightly clutched in her right hand.

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

Isha just smiled and unsheathed her rapier and began practicing with it, going through sequences and imagining what an opponent would do to counter and gain an upper hand. Once, she heard a rustle in the bushes. Isha turned and launched a knife at the sound in one fluid motion, and when she parted the bushes, she found a rabbit, wounded but not dead, feebly trying to escape. Isha quickly finished it off, and was going to roast it on the fire, but cut it up and threw it to the wolves instead. It was nowhere near a full meal for them, but it was better than nothing for the time being.

A few more hours pass before Isha feels her alertness start to wane, and she wakes Kara gently. "Your turn for watch Kara. The wolves have had a snack, and the rest of the night has been quiet." Once Kara is fully awake, Isha hunkers down and is quickly asleep.

Hopeyouguess62

RP Moderator
Reputation score

Kara groggily rubs her eyes and stands. She spends most of the late night and early morning cleaning and sharpening her axe, oiling her equipment, and disassembling, cleaning and reassembling her automatic crossbow. The dwarf tends the fire every so often, keeping the area warm but not too much so. When dawn breaks, the gear is stowed and the fire is dead, and she scatters the ashes, making sure the fire is completely out.

"Lass, i' be dawn an' time sure fer movin' on." She gently wakes Isha.

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

Isha's eyes pop straight open, and her hand snaps to one of the swords at her side, but seeing nothing other than Kara standing over her, she relaxes. She's done this every day Kara has known her, so it doesn't come as a surprise. Isha takes a moment to gather herself, then stows the last of her own gear and gets ready to set out. "So, now that you're refreshed on your Battlewolf riding, I'm going to set a bit of a faster pace today, that alright?" She asks, mounting the same wolf from yesterday and waiting for Kara to get herself mounted as well before moving on.

Last edited:

Hopeyouguess62

RP Moderator
Reputation score

"Ayuh, lass, we should be able ta do tha'." The dwarf studies the saddle again for a moment, then makes a few adjustments to the harness. She climbs up with considerable ease, at least compared to the previous day, and turns her mount to follow Isha.

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

The morning went by quickly as they travelled, crossing the plains much quicker than they'd have been able to on foot. A little bit after noon the wolves stopped on their own, pausing to sniff the ground then looking off to the side. Isha looked off in the distance and spotted a small herd of deer, then chuckled. "Looks like our friends are hungry," she said, quickly followed by a rumbling in her own belly. She chuckles again as she dismounts and turns to Kara. "And so am I, what say we let the wolves hunt, and fill our own bellies while we're at it?"