What's new

RPG Patreon Active [Bawdy Ink Slinger] Monster Girl Farmer

OP
BawdyInkSlinger

BawdyInkSlinger

Monster Girl Farmer
Reputation score
Monster Girl Farmer v0.32.00 released! Horny but afraid of the dark? Sleep with Enoki, the bioluminescent mushroom girl, and proudly tell your Mom you sleep without a nightlight now. (Monster Girl Farmer, a surprisingly wholesome text-based RPG. Play on any browser.)

Features:
  • I edited the Field intro scene to improve the humor.
Bug Fixes:
  • The main change in this release is a performance improvement, and it was a doozy. Before I go into specifics, I’m going to cut to the chase and tell you the result of the fix: 10 times faster! Actually it could be much better than that, depending on how larger inventory was. I tested on a save that was taking a second to perform every action. Now that same save takes ~80 milliseconds to perform every action. And it should stay that way no matter how large your inventory gets.
    Yeah, so, the inventory system... What can I say? It had a terrible design (in my defense, I am stupid).
    For those that want more details, I was keeping track of every item. Every item! Harvested a carrot? I kept track of that. Sold a carrot? I kept track of that. Gave six carrots to the chipmunk girl? I kept track of all six. And I kept track of the day you gave them to her.
    That’s a lot of data. The game state grew and grew, slowing the user experience down (technical note: the game engine copies game state on every action so you can undo any choices you make.)
    Now, I only keep track of the main character’s inventory and the total they own. Problem solved!
    It may sound simple, but the hard part was making old saves backwards compatible. You shouldn’t lose any items from this upgrade. It’s important to me that you don’t have to restart the game every time I release, and this is no exception.
    Also, some quest code needed to be rewritten. For example, the game used to let you bring Eva with you if SHE owned a collar and you owned a leash, but I don’t track what other characters own anymore. Pretty easy fix, but those changes added up.
    Phew. I hope you all notice the difference. Wait, do I? No, I hope you never noticed the issue in the first place. But if you did notice, I hope you noticed the difference. Either way, enjoy!
  • Two wonderful people in the chat pointed out typos in existing scenes, one of whom goes by the name, “Comrade Soup Beans” (the other prefers to remain anonymous). Typos can really break immersion so I love when people inform me about the ones I’ve missed.
    Many of you may not know this, but I injured my hands a couple years ago; I write most content with dictation software and, while the technology is a godsend, sometimes typos slip past my editing process.
    If you’d like to help out, all you need to do is send me the sentence with the typo so I can find it. You don’t even need to explain how to fix it.
  • If you revisited a paginated passage, it would start you on the last page. Now you start on the first.
Technical Details:
  • I made a huge refactoring to the code that migrates old saves to the latest structure. It used to be in one big file and it was difficult to reason about. This refactoring means less bugs and less time spent migrating old saves in the future. I don't normally mention technical details, but I thought it was worth noting because this took was more effort than the performance improvement, and the performance improvement was a huge effort.

OP
BawdyInkSlinger

BawdyInkSlinger

Monster Girl Farmer
Reputation score
Monster Girl Farmer v0.33.00 released! Struggling with the ladies? No worries: Golem girls come with their own instruction manuals.
What's new in v0.33.00:
Features:
  • One of the most requested features has been an image gallery to view all those sexy images in one place without all that pesky content I put my heart and soul into getting in the way (/s). Hopefully you'll enjoy this feature to the point where you'll cry too--tears of joy, that is.
    If you have an old save, don’t worry, you won't have to restart or anything: the images you’ve already seen will be automatically unlocked.
    In the future, a cheat will allow you to unlock all the images without needing to view them in-game first.
Characters:
  • Teta created an amazing image of Lisa the Leech Girl and I’ve added it into the game. If you hate big tiddy goth girls, you may want to avoid this one.
  • The new image of Lisa the Leech girl has her swimming on her back, topless. Unfortunately for me, this didn’t actually occur anywhere in the scene, so I had to add it. Per usual, I got a little carried away: I could have simply said, “She floats on her back and smiles,” but I decided to write a 500 word, multi-joke excerpt instead. For those that have already played her 2nd scene (the lewd one), consider replaying it to experience this new content (remember, there are cheats to jump straight to it).
  • A new NSFW image of Mivennah the golem girl has been added to the game. It depicts the moment you find her asleep on a stone slab.