What's new

RPG [bedlamgames] No_Haven [Unique RAGs Slaving Game]

Cappy

Reputation score
This game was designed with RAGS 2.4.16.0! Using any other version of RAGS and especially any beta version will certainly result in messed up text if not outright crashes. No_Haven is also currently in beta, new features and improvements being developed, as well as bugs, are to be expected.

:)8====================D - - - Just in case you're also a fan :)

Also, while updates don't happen extremely often or anything, it wouldn't be out of the question for me to miss an update for a few days or even simply forget to update the thread, so if you're uncertain or if somebody else in the thread says so, a new version's download may be found either in the developer's blog or on the on tfgamessite to the left, which subsequently is also where if you're feeling kind, you can post bug-reports.

Now let me finally get around to describing the game. It's a slave-camp management simulator in a high-fantasy smörgåsbord of races from WoW, lamias, centaurs, ogres, beastmen of various kinds, and a few others including those aliens from star wars that have tentacles for hair. There are large themes of non-consent, some bimbofication, and forced feminization, sometimes to the protagonist you are playing as even, if those themes are potentially disturbing to you may want to turn back now. (Although it's relatively mild as far as those themes go, compared to other games)

The gameplay itself is hard to describe, but it's all mouse controlled and you, your slaves and your slavers, all have traits both good, bad, and inbetween that affect the potential outcome of pretty much any action between any of the afore-mentioned characters. The main meat of the game at first is sending out slavers on missions to do various things such as steal, explore, raid, connive, and kidnap slaves to train or fuck back at camp. There are a lot of neat in-depth details and interactions to be found in the game, and a bunch of neat features that would really take too long to describe here in total.

Unfortunately, though I'm a huge fan of the game, it's clear that the GUI is somewhat flawed and not for everyone. I believe this is a result of stretching the boundaries of expected RAGs development, but I'm ignorant of the mechanics of it so I'm not entirely sure. All I know is that you'll need some patience and reading in order to get into the game, and perhaps some assistance from the in-game glossary that was just updated in the latest build. But once you're in you're in, and it's a fairly fun game if you don't mind a bit of RNG.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ryuukun

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score
Re: No_Haven [Unique RAGs Slaving Game]

So uh, is this one of those games that uses hentai pics found on the internet?

raska42

Cthulhu
Reputation score

Been playing this game since they started development. Couple corrections, not gonna use quotes though since it's a pain and there's only 1 other post.

Tfg isn't the only place for posting bug reports, the Hypnotics Collective forum works as well (and is in my opinion a much friendlier forum).

'stretching the boundaries of expected RAGs development' Just come out and say it, They probably should have used a different platform. Rags works, the UI isn't the greatest for this (and becomes fairly annoying when you get a large camp). I'd recommend paying attention to the way they suggest to set up the frames/windows, it helps some, but there's still issues with large numbers of slavers/slaves.

Worth mentioning, this game is a spinoff in the world of their other game, Whorelocks Revenge.

Also, you really should have mentioned that this is a beta, and nowhere near finished. They're pretty clear about that, and there's not much story progression currently, just sandbox.

Finally, not really sure who you specified WoW. They use WoW fanart for pictures of maybe 2-3 out of easily 50+ races/sub-races.

Yeah, they use free use pics found wherever. Pics aren't really the focus though, generally text is.

OP
Cappy

Cappy

Reputation score

I mentioned WoW because there are more WoW inspired races than any other universe inspired ones. Some of the elves(purple skin and all), the Draenei, the trolls, and arguably the ogres, orcs, and goblins, though those unlike the first three aren't necessarily WoW inspired but also could be.

Also, I appreciate the additional information I neglected to mention, but you also didn't correct anything, and I didn't actually say anything that was particularly wrong so much as neglect to post every single piece of relevant information. I will admit that not pointing out that it's still heavily in beta was a mistake, but I guess I just kind of figured pretty much everything freshly posted is these days so it didn't even cross my mind, I'll amend the first post.

Tfg isn't the only place for posting bug reports, the Hypnotics Collective forum works as well (and is in my opinion a much friendlier forum).
My personal preference is Tfgamessite for two reasons, the first of which being I have an account there and it's how I personally have interacted with bedlam in the past, and also with a fetish more broad than hypnotism (transformation) I find that more games get posted more often over there, so it's just more productive to check there for me most of the time. It's an entirely subjective thing, so it's not like it actually matters at all mind you.

Yes, like raska pointed out pictures from various places are used, but more often than not Bedlam edits them to varying degrees to make them better fit into the game.

Last edited:

yourworstnightmare

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I can't get the game to run, unfortunately. Rags can't read the file.

ramen46

Demon Girl
Reputation score

while i enjoy this game and have tried to get into it twice now, i just suck at this game or this game is hard as fuck.

still pretty fun tho.

one question tho, is there any way to get my slavers to stop using a certain slave if said slave is to broken or whatever but also not well enough for me to move said slave out of the pit?

OP
Cappy

Cappy

Reputation score

I can't get the game to run, unfortunately. Rags can't read the file.
Unfortunately I'm not sure what the problem is. All I can recommend is redownload and reinstall. You'll know there's been a mistake if there's an erroneous file size, that's happened to me once before, resulting in the same problem.

one question tho, is there any way to get my slavers to stop using a certain slave if said slave is to broken or whatever but also not well enough for me to move said slave out of the pit?
There's supposed to be, by right clicking on slavers/slaves etc, you'll have a number of options to interact with them. There is an option that should say something like, "Make unavailable for selection". But unfortunately the system for it isn't complete yet, and the idea is that slavers with certain traits will ignore those rules while others won't, which is why you can attempt to ban Slavers from the pit I believe. Atm it doesn't give any messages and it just appears that the slavers will fuck them like normal.

My recommendation is to have two or three slaves and cycle between them, or alternatively having a healer or making sure that your slaverchief/protagonist stays at camp whilst all the slavers are busy outside of camp so they have time to rest properly. If you have a lot of slavers, or not enough slaves, it can easily get hard to manage.

x421

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

hey,
so i played this now for a while and wonder if anyone else has played it here or is still playing, its difficult to manage the camp at a late state but its still fun, how about some events you found? in the town nearby or the tavern, or mission related stuff that happened?

i know they have one or two other threads on a different forum but i wanted to ask here first.

NaoSoul

Tentacle God
Reputation score

This game has a lot of potential, the only thing that really bothered me was how little control you actually have.

You can't make it so one of the slaves is off-limits so they can recover and can't set behaviour rules, simple stuff like "Don't rape each other please."

But the thing that ended up bothering me the most is that you can't DISMISS your slavers. Seriously, this should be basic stuff.

I like to build up from scratch in those kinds of games, so I could recruit the people I want and build a solid foundation, but that isn't possible when you start with a pretty much random rag-tag of misfits and can't dismiss the ones you don't like. =p

AsXurian

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Well an important fact to be remembered is that it's still being made. I do agree with you on the idea of starting from the ground up and I despise the fact that training your slaves is nearly impossible when they're all broken because your slavers keep raping them.

But make sure to voice your concerns to the developer, otherwise they might not get addressed anytime soon if at all.

That being said, this game is still awesome, I play it and Whorelock's Revenge from time to time and I seriously can't wait for the finished product!

raska42

Cthulhu
Reputation score

This game has a lot of potential, the only thing that really bothered me was how little control you actually have.

You can't make it so one of the slaves is off-limits so they can recover and can't set behaviour rules, simple stuff like "Don't rape each other please."

But the thing that ended up bothering me the most is that you can't DISMISS your slavers. Seriously, this should be basic stuff.

I like to build up from scratch in those kinds of games, so I could recruit the people I want and build a solid foundation, but that isn't possible when you start with a pretty much random rag-tag of misfits and can't dismiss the ones you don't like. =p
Control wise, it's still a beta. There's the beginnings of a system for keeping slaves out of uhh.. rotation, but it isn't fully implemented yet. I also doubt it will ever be 100%, you're running a band of rather nasty people that don't particularly respect authority (slavers, remember?), and to an extent they're going to do what they want instead of doing what you want. Having a ragtag bunch of misfits in the beginning is intentional, you're starting off a slaving band, you don't get to be picky. As for dismissing slavers, there's no great way to do it, but the easiest way I've found is the 'board the crossbones' mission. High chance of losing them, and if they do succeed then the reward makes it worth keeping a junk slaver around for a bit. If you want to pretty much guarantee you lose them, you can send them on the mission that gets them shackled first. Effects morale a bit, that's easy enough to raise.

NaoSoul

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Well an important fact to be remembered is that it's still being made. I do agree with you on the idea of starting from the ground up and I despise the fact that training your slaves is nearly impossible when they're all broken because your slavers keep raping them.

But make sure to voice your concerns to the developer, otherwise they might not get addressed anytime soon if at all.

That being said, this game is still awesome, I play it and Whorelock's Revenge from time to time and I seriously can't wait for the finished product!
Isn't Whorelock's Revenge that game where you are forced to be everyone's bitch all the time?

OP
Cappy

Cappy

Reputation score

This game has come along way, just thought people might be interested in checking it out now that the auctioneering system isn't completely retarded, and success traits can now compile into crits depending on how many you pack into a single mission based on a system I don't entirely understand, but it's neat. Also there is new art and content. I've also updated the thread OP

Last edited: