OP
SiphonTalvesh

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Re: Budapest, Hungary

John chuckled.

"You're probably right about that. I'm sure Helen will help you out with that if you wish. If there is anything on Lazarus in there, it could prove helpful to save many lives. Speaking of Helen, here she is."

About then the big guy returned with a stunningly lovely woman with black hair. She nodded toward him as she spoke.

"You must be Victor then? I'm Helen Magnus, welcome to this Sanctuary."

ShadowWolfSBI

Chief Spam Hunter Why Are You Making Me Do This
Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Victor seemed about ready to shrug in response to Druitt, when Magnus entered and was introduced. His reaction shifted into a nod of acknowledgement towards Magnus' question and greeting, while somehow at the same time shifting around to reach a free hand into the backpack he had.

Likely, he was starting to go for the drives he'd mentioned.

OP
SiphonTalvesh

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Helen raised an eyebrow, seeming to guess.

"You have something you want to show me?"

ShadowWolfSBI

Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score

After a moment, Victor brought out a small black canvas/fabric case and set it on the table, away from his food. "A few USBs I grabbed while I was escaping from a Cabal facility. I haven't had a chance to look at any of them, so I have no guarantees that there's actually anything useful on them."

OP
SiphonTalvesh

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Helen smiled slightly.

"Worth a look though, one never knows. Come with me, we'll get a portable device not networked to the Sanctuary to read them with just in case they are laced with some kind of protective bit. I must congratulate you, very few who end up in one of their facilities make it out alive."

ShadowWolfSBI

Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Victor chuckled slightly as he got up to follow Magnus, taking a moment to clean up where he'd been eating. "I don't think they quite realized some of what they did to me. They certainly weren't expecting it, at least."

OP
SiphonTalvesh

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Helen nodded.

"Then you managed to catch them off guard. Good, anything to put a wrinkle in their plans sits well with me."

Reaching another room, she indicated a portable device that looked like a laptop, though Victor got the impression it was more than that. Once he placed the USB in, things really got interesting.

A long list of items came up, and after a few moments looking at once section, Helen let out a low whistle.

"Some of this is sequencing, the type consistent with Lazarus. We might have it's full coding here, if so, we may be able to find a way of curing it. The rest of this looks like weapons grade materials for various other projects, at least on this page. You might have just helped to save a lot of lives if this is what I think it is. Chris could probably tell you immediately, the man has a gift for medical science as well as a photographic memory."

ShadowWolfSBI

Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Victor seemed to study the readout a bit himself before almost doing a half-shrug. "Perhaps this should be shown to him, then?"

OP
SiphonTalvesh

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Helen nodded.

"Agreed, although he's in Calgary right now. Don't suppose you want to travel with us and get far away from the Cabal bastards that are roaming about here do you?"

ShadowWolfSBI

Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Victor shrugged again. "I suppose it wouldn't hurt. If nothing else, it should mess with their tracking again."

OP
SiphonTalvesh

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Nodding to John, she replied, "Alright, when you are ready John will take us to Calgary, then return for Biggie. After that we'll find where Chris is and pick his brain."

The last was said with just a hint of a joking smile. It was safe to say she probably knew this Chris person quite well.

ShadowWolfSBI

Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Victor took a deep breath, then nodded. "Ready now."

OP
SiphonTalvesh

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Nodding once, John placed a hand on both Victor and Helen's shoulders, and they were gone ...

((yes I know, I posted this after. I'm tired haha.))

Status
Not open for further replies.