What's new

Buying from DLSiteEng in the UK?

Locutus

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score
Hello.

Despite my best efforts, it seems I'll have to pay to acquire a certain game (it's quite old so the few links I found are dead).
Now, while the game itself would be fine, DLSite (even the English portion) has some stuff that would, to put it lightly, raise a few eyebrows with regards to UK law.

To put it shortly, might I run into any trouble, such as my card company refusing DLSite? Figured I might as well ask.

Thanks.

Jesus

The Father, The Son, The Holy Spirit
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score
Re: Buying from DLSiteEng in the UK?

you can purchase from eng dlsite fine but im not sure about jp

SoED

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Hello.

Despite my best efforts, it seems I'll have to pay to acquire a certain game (it's quite old so the few links I found are dead).
Now, while the game itself would be fine, DLSite (even the English portion) has some stuff that would, to put it lightly, raise a few eyebrows with regards to UK law.

To put it shortly, might I run into any trouble, such as my card company refusing DLSite? Figured I might as well ask.

Thanks.
You could be at more risk than just having your credit card denied. Don't try to purchase it. See

Ironstrom

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Kinda wish someone had a site or could confirm if any specific title might be banned in certain countries rather then it being at the buyers risk. I'm also in the Uk and whilst I don't think anything I like is especially dangerous, in regards to general adult content and anime style games I don't think theirs much legal discrimination between the boundaries.
A Uk Check list for Adult games that won't legally get us into trouble would be awesome :D I've even had to be a little cautious with what I'm going to development cause I can't find the exacts very easily. I think existing company's that skirt the industry might know better or have some good advice.