What's new

Death for Death (Lionfire GM'd by dragoon93041)

OP
dragoon93041

dragoon93041

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: Death for Death (Lionfire GM'd by dragoon93041)

Kero Xuran: HP =48, PP = 48, EP = 98 Status: Fine

The shade spoke but so softly Kero had a hard time hearing him. "The others... the others... the others... no... not here... They went home... The forest, the keep, the village, the mountain, the desert, the ruins, the tower... they went home... to their homes... far... not far... very far... some" The spirit shuddered. "Go... let me go..."

Lionfire

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

The night elf raises a brow as he notices the shade of Guile's lips move, leaning in a bit to listen a bit better. Kero stays quiet up until the spirit's plea for being allowed to pass on, though the night elf just smirks and shakes his head as he stands back up straight. "Ah ah ah! I need specifics. And names!" A complacent grin grows on his lips as his nearly dull grey eyes stare at the spirit in front of him. "Nothing vague now. If you cannot remember all of their names, at least tell me one."

The night elf keeps a hand rested on his hip as he continues to speak. "If you do at least that, I will release you and not summon you back to... Say, fight your own friends. Deal?" After a brief pause, he smiles a bit further and resumes speaking. "I can assure you as well, I do not break promises."

OOC:
Just to say for future reference... Yeah, evil character, expecting karma later on, and I encourage it as long as it is fair... Though I do want to see how long I can ride this out. Strangely fun being evil.

OP
dragoon93041

dragoon93041

Tentacle God
Reputation score

The spirit did not react to Kero's offer. Instead, it struck the ground, causing a cloud of dust. When the dust had disappeared, the spirit was gone but a name had been written with an unsteady hand in the soft dirt: "Village of Spry... The Bard Neville..." Unfortunately, that meant little to Kero and he managed to notice that Guile hadn't actually vanished, he had just become very faint. Apparently, he was hoping for Kero's concentration to disappear, allowing him to dissipate.

Lionfire

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

The Dark Elf hardly expected a plume of dust, Kero grunting and raising an arm to protect his eyes from the dust cloud. 'Cheeky little... Huh?' The man's attention is drawn downwards, the words, while sloppily written, still catching his eyes as the dust clears some. "... Hmm..." Kero glances back upwards, catching that faint silhouette of Guile still there. Regaining his concentration a little bit, a smirk comes across his lips.

"Clever one, hm?" He asks towards the spirit, obvious amusement in his tone. "Gotta give that a little bit of praise. Rest... For now." Kero finally releases Guile's spirit after a brief moment of thought. 'He still has quite a bit of willpower still in him...' Shaking his head, Kero looks back down towards the words again. 'Village of Spry, and The Bard, Neville. Guess I do need to go back to town, at least for directions.' Sighing in annoyance, Kero turns back towards the path he used to enter the forest and look towards the town. Hope the guards aren't jumpy right now.

Last edited:
OP
dragoon93041

dragoon93041

Tentacle God
Reputation score

As a matter of fact, the guards were still extremely jumpy. Kero was met by a sharp spear in his face. "No one is getting in or out of town for the moment. I'm sorry, but you are going to have to go back."

Lionfire

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Who would've guessed he was right? Raising his hands to show he wasn't a threat, Kero nodded his head as he took a step back or two. "Ah, I am sorry sir. I wanted to come by to see if I could get pointed in the right direction." If he cannot enter town right now, and Guile's spirit was still unruly, he did not have many options to run off of. Best to at least try, right? "I am trying to go to a little village named 'Spry'. Familiar by chance?" Kero asks, letting out an awkward chuckle. "I have news for a family there, but I was told rather poor directions and almost got lost in the woods..."

OP
dragoon93041

dragoon93041

Tentacle God
Reputation score

As Kero backed up, the spear lifted. One of the two men frowned in thought while the other watched Kero carefully. "Spry... Spry... I've heard of it. Let me think..." The man didn't say anything for several minutes before snapping his fingers. "Ah, right, Spry. It's quite a ways from here. You'll want to follow this road back to Stone and then head north. You should probably find a horse to rent. Otherwise it will take you weeks. Unless you have some other means." The man looked at Kero's robe.

Lionfire

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

A smile crosses Kero's lips as the guard explains the way he should go. "Ah? Thank you very much." With a short bow of his head, he turns away from the pair, satisfied with the directions given. Finally, a bit more progress! So, follow the road to Stone, then north... Simple enough, hopefully it stays simple. Though while this is going to be quite a trip, he has means to move faster... Flight is a fun means of travel, but it is easy to be spotted unless there is a thick treeline below. So for now he walks along the road. Just gotta hope it is an uneventful trip.

OP
dragoon93041

dragoon93041

Tentacle God
Reputation score

http://www.ulmf.org/bbs/showpost.php?p=655394&postcount=182

And so Kero set out on his journey. The first week was fine. Then his hope of a pleasant, uneventful walk was dispelled. For days, he had seen something following him. Apparently it was trying to be stealthy but very little could escape Kero's eyes and ears. He counted three individuals. They never gave him a good enough look to see anything else but he had managed to catch a glimpse of metal from time to time. They probably weren't wearing armor (he didn't hear any clanging) so that meant weapons. They had been getting closer each day. He predicted they would catch up to him fully in a day or two.

Rolls

Wow, you have a really high perception.

Roll 81 + 6 vs 40 DC: Perception Success

Last edited:

Lionfire

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

A rather disappointing state of affairs all around it seems... The feeling of being watched throughout the journey, the flashes of metal Kero could spot every once in a while... It was annoying to say the least. This was meant to be a relaxing walk on his journey for revenge, and now he has 3 people nearing him with the passing days! Given how many days they were following him for, they were either persistent bandits, or they knew who he was... Well, irregardless, he needed to chat with a few of them.

As they got closer and closer to him, using a bit of estimation from how quickly they are closing in, he waited until they were nearly upon him. Taking a deep breath, then releasing, he dips into the ambient energy that lingers in the air, he slows to a stop, waiting until he can start feeling his feet leaving the ground. If he can get airborne, he will begin moving, seeking out the first of the trio, whom he will start flying at above the trees.

Power gathering for a round since they haven't arrived yet hopefully, then when the round of gathering is done, Aspect of spirit using 4 EP, and going for Dodge, Attack, and flight.

Last edited:
OP
dragoon93041

dragoon93041

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Kero Xuran: HP =40/48, PP = 48, EP = 98 Status: Fine

Unfortunately for Kero, a flying person made for an inviting target. As he flew closer, he heard a mechanical *thunk* sound and a crossbow bolt shot from the brush, impaling itself in his shoulder (8 damage). There were shouts from below but no more attacks followed for the moment. It appears they hadn't prepared for a flying target because two of the three seemed to be armed with purely melee weapons. It was odd, come to think of it. They knew he had powers but hadn't brought anything to deal with them. Of course, they also hadn't known about Kero's almost supernatural senses (Seriously, 81?! You could see a shadow sneaking up on you.) Then the three split up, running in different directions. He could tell which ones went where: the largest and most muscular of them, armed with a maul, the smaller one, armed with the crossbow that had shot Kero, and a strange looking one who was a human but hunched over and carried two hand axes.

Rolls
Dodge 41 v 20 + 25 FAILURE

Last edited:

Lionfire

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

A loud grunt comes from Kero's throat as the crossbow bolt embeds itself into his shoulder, wincing as a hand moves to grasp the bolt for a moment. Getting his attention back down to the fleeing trio, his attention is directed towards the one armed with a crossbow. The others be damned for now, the crossbowman was just being rude!

Though flight was a distinct advantage, he had to get just a bit closer, getting a bit lower towards the treeline before he raises his hand to take aim at the crossbowman. As much as he would like to give payback for this bolt in his shoulder, he focuses his thoughts from his anger towards his curiosity of who these people are. Time to place the strings on the puppet.

Using Puppeteer on the man if he can get close enough to use it, and pumping 5 EP into this for a total of 8 EP. Luckily he has EP to spare!

OP
dragoon93041

dragoon93041

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Kero Xuran: HP =40/48, PP = 48, EP = 84/98 Status: Fine

These fools really didn't know who they were up against. The man made a game effort but Kero was powerful and had energy to spare. He slowed, then stopped after a few more steps. His muscles twitched but he couldn't break free. He couldn't come close to breaking free. He was totally under Kero control, or at least his body was.

Lionfire

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

A smirk curls up on Kero's lip as the man's struggles fail to free him from his influence, the necromancer forcing the man to lower his arms to his sides. "Now then, sir..." Kero speaks out to the man as he keeps the man still. "You fired a crossbow bolt into my shoulder. Not a nice way to greet someone who merely was curious about the three stalking him, yes?" He squints down to the man, keeping his focus on him as he makes the man rub his chin with his free hand.

"I mean really, what did I do outside of taking a walk through the forest? Are you a bandit of some sort?" Kero personally doubted that the man was one, but it was fine to clear up the bases. Outside of making the man rub his own chin and keep him still, he just stayed up in the air and kept his attention on the man.

Last edited:
OP
dragoon93041

dragoon93041

Tentacle God
Reputation score

The man may have been a fool but it didn't seem like he was a coward. He was afraid, certainly. If Kero hadn't been keeping him still, his knees would have been knocking together. But he responded with "I-I'm not guh-ing to tell you anything!" The crossbow, Kero noted, had been well cared for, though it was not new. The same went for the armor, which was leather studded with steel for extra protection. A pack of bolts was on his belt. The pouch also had three other, much smaller slots, one of which was filled by a single bolt.

Lionfire

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Staring down at the man, a frown appears for a brief moment before Kero is back to smiling down at him. "Hmm... A shame." Forcing the man to drop his crossbow to the ground, he continues to speak. "As much as I would like to know why you are stalking me, I do not really care all too much. I don't wish to kill you after all, or anyone unnecessary anyway. No need for mindless bloodshed, yes?" Kero points out as he forces the man to remove his pack from his belt, then turn and throw it as hard as he could away from himself and into the forest. No need for those!

"Just so you can tell your friends, and warn those who you may work with..." Kero takes this time to cough and clear his throat before speaking firmly. "If I do see YOU, or your friends, or anyone even similar looking to you and your friends stalking me... They will not get the same lucky treatment that you had." After which, he turns the man around to start walking away into the forest. "Am I understood?" He asks the man a bit louder as he forces him to walk away, albiet slowly so he has time to respond.

OP
dragoon93041

dragoon93041

Tentacle God
Reputation score

The man clenched his teeth and didn't say anything but when Kero turned, he saw the man nodding slowly. There was a look of pure hatred in his eyes but he knew when he was beat. Probably. Maybe. What was true was that Kero didn't see any other pursuers by the time he got to the next settlement. It was built around a trading post and had several caravans going to different places, including Spry. If Kero could lend some kind of aid to a caravan, it would cost him 5 denarii. Otherwise it would be 15. The benefit was that he would be less likely to be bothered and would arrive much faster on the wagons.

Lionfire

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Watching the man leave with his arms behind his back now that his puppeteering is not attached to the man, Kero continues to grit his teeth over the crossbow bolt in his shoulder up until he starts moving once more. Luckily it is a bit harder to be ambushed again when you are flying above trees. '... Great.' Kero hums to himself in annoyance. 'Those could not have been bandits. They were following me for too long.' The bolt still resting in his shoulder does cause him to slow down and land momentarily, though only to remove it from himself. Hopefully he can find a small critter to 'borrow' life from on his way, but for now he continues his flight. His thoughts are paused as he spots the settlement up ahead, landing on the ground from coverage of the trees before stepping out onto the road again.

Luckily there seems to be many caravans around here as well, though it did take him a bit to find the caravan to Spry in specific. "Ah, is this caravan going towards Spry?" Kero asks as he approaches someone from that caravan. "I am on the way there as well, though I had a bit of trouble on my way even to here..." Gesturing to where the wound in his shoulder is/was. "Bandits... Is there a way I could come with you to Spry?"

Last edited:
OP
dragoon93041

dragoon93041

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Kero Xuran: HP =48/48, PP = 48, EP = 80/98 Status: Fine

The first creature Kero spots is a badger. He wisely decides to find something else which turns out to be a dozing fox. A quick yoink later and the fox has been desiccated while Kero's wound has been healed.

The foreman looked at Kero. He frowned. "You know, you like exactly like the person to cause trouble. If I have your word that you won't, I'll let you come along if you help with camp and such. 5 Denarii. If you do cause trouble, I'll slit you throat in the middle of the night and search you for valuables. Any questions." The man looked quite serious. Kero didn't get the sense of him being actively hostile, however. More that he had a job to do and there was all kinds of batshit crazy stuff going on and he wanted as little to do with it as possible.

Lionfire

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

The frown is returned by Kero as he is spoken to. Cannot deny, the man is to the point. Always an admirable quality, but still, the bluntness is a small bit disconcerting. "It is not like I want any trouble in the first place. I just want to not get attacked again on my way." Letting out a small throat clearing 'ahem', he speaks. "You have my word, sir." Threat of death aside, Kero still forked over the 5 Denarii. While he still felt like he needed to hope that the trip to Spry will be uneventful, he couldn't help but sigh internally in relief. At least he will have someone around him that isn't a spirit, bandit, or reanimated corpse. Summoning a non-resting spirit of a proud warrior to hear his tales is delightful at first, but you eventually will run out of stories to hear. At least it makes the bored spirits happy sometimes.