What's new

Dlsite points buying

Bryanis

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score
So, Dlsite just started a side site to buy point for both version of their site (JP and ENG).

=> <=

So, basically, following the you end up at a side site wher eyou can buy point (in the same way you'll buy a card for steam...), but only on-line, so you'll get a mail with a code to redeem.

The card are 500, 1.000, 2.000, 5.000, 10.000, 20.000 point. There only 2 way to buy - Using a Paypal account or a Alipay account (Jp equivalent of Paypal). Once you get through the payment, you'll get email confirmation and code to redeem the point. DO note that some email adress seem to cause problem and never receive the emails. So far, dlsite as given no information about the cause or a list of email adress ( maybe try starting with a 500 point card to check).

Once you got your mail with the code, you must log in your account to redeem the code. Take care to remember that a JP and Eng dlsite site account are 2 different thing. They take care to point out that point redeem on one site cannot be used on the other site.

To redeem on JP site follow the proper .

Same way to redeem on

Also, JP dl site now have a transaltion option (upper right corner of the site, language tab. Althouhg it seem more like a machine translation, and it's mostly of the work tag, not the whole site, work name or decription....).

So now, peoples should be able to buy even on JP dlsite (or just Eng dlsite without high level bank card).

Just hope that if many peoples buy on JP what take ages to get out on Eng site, they won't stop releasing thing on eng site.

largedad

Reputation score
I was pulling my hair out trying to figure out ways when it wouldn't take my credit card for some goddamn reason, you're an absolute legend and a life saver.

OP
Bryanis

Bryanis

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score
Just reading the new pop up from dlsite.
But since Eng en Jap dlsite are going to merge, it's going to become a must know for peoples wanting to buy stuff on dlsite in the futur.

Harleyquin13

Tentacle God
Reputation score
More overseas credit cards no longer work on DLsite, so those affected will have to buy the points using DLpay. It now supports credit cards for points, even those not applicable on the actual JP store page. Customers will have to put up with paying for more points than what some games cost, but it's better than being completely locked out as most of the payment methods for JP are Japan-based.

Desver

Reputation score
Is there any way to purchase Dlsite Points from some other site than dlsite itself? I live in Russia, and because of the sanctions I can't use my Visa card, Amazon pay or Paypal.