What's new

DLsite websites slow and failed downloads

Kernog

Reputation score
For a few weeks, the websites belonging to DLsite have been incredibly slow to load, if they do load, and I cannot download any game.

1/ Am I the only one in that case? More specifically, am I the only european in that case?
2/ This might be a time as good as ever: what are the decent alternatives to DlSite, besides Steam. By that, I mean legally accessible Hentai games, purchasable with a credit card or Paypal

Bryanis

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score
No problem on my side. It might be you get there during lag spike with the winter sales but dubious over several days.
Either a problem with your web browser or country . Try changing browser or clearing everything (cache, cookie...) to see what happen.

The other alternative to Dlsite.... depend what you want.
English game you got JAST USA, Mangagamer, Denpasoft (Nutaku and Johren if you really want).
Japanese game, you can try Getchu for the big game (although I'm not sure how easy it is to buy from outside of Japan on this site), or you can try DMM (Renamed FANZA, but still use the old DMM url). A bit less gaijin friendly then dlsite, but still lot of works over there.

someonebored

Reputation score
Another European here (Italian), my experience: DLsite pages tend to load slowly in the morning (specifically thumbnails), but games download speeds are always fine, no interrupted downloads, either.

Mick2000

Reputation score
i never download DLsite with my own connection since my stupid country do things like censorship so i always use VPN to download game and stuff, VPN with JP IP and it's completely a okay for me so far. also i'm Asian

if you need alternative then your best chance is DMM games/Fanza, just like what Bryanis said over there, Fanza sell almost the same stuff like DLsite did, tons of indie product. for stuff like VN product by formal company you could try hit Getchu.
for english is the same suggestion for me like Bryanis did too, hit Mangagamers and Denpasoft, or if you want translation for indie games then hit the infamous Kagura Games. Nutaku and Johren is last resort and if anything i extremely do not recommend it.

Bryanis

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score
I only mentionned Johren and Nutaku since they got a few translated work they are the only one to sell in English, so if you really want thoses work it's them or piracy ...

SoulLess Child

Reputation score
Experiencing the download failure issue, might be some kind of timeout related problem, been the case since they increased file size limit past 700 mb.