What's new

ACT Shota [Dystopia Story] [暗黒郷物語] Journey to the West: Wukong's Lewd Prelude / 西誘記 -三蔵と旅に出るまでのお話- (RE273197) (RJ273197)

MUSTYredneck01

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Dev Blog:
Ci-en Link:
(Trial link in blog)
DLSite:

The creator of is making a pixel-art action RPG that seems to follow the story of Journey to the West.

Gameplay:
Pretty simple sidescrolling action with some RPG elements. Levels are 2.5-D, with lanes that you can move up and down between. You can level up by gaining XP and equip different items in the inventory to boost your stats. As the game progresses you unlock new abilities, such as wall jumping, shooting fireballs, or seducing enemies.

Controls:
Left/Right Arrow - Walk / (Double tap) Sprint
Down - Duck / (Double tap) Lay down / (Hold) Seduce
Down/Up: (Double tap) Move between lanes
Space Bar: Jump
Z - Attack
X - Use Magic
C - Character Menu
Enter - Pause Menu

Menu Controls:
Z- Confirm
Space - Cancel

H scenes occur when you're either defeated by an enemy, or you seduce them (once you've unlocked seduction). There are also several H animations during cutscenes. So far I've found 4 enemies each with their own H animations.

Some animation examples from his blog:

As far as I can tell, the trial version ends after you return to the monkey village after leaving on the boat. A cutscene plays and after the cutscene you're returned outside the monkey village with seemingly nowhere else to go. Also one strange thing I had to figure out is that after you beat a boss, you need to press enter to leave the boss arena.

Last edited by a moderator:

cell943

Reputation score
There's obviously a lot of bugs (worst I've encountered is being able to switch to non-existent lanes), but this has a ton more promise than your average h game.
Is there anyway to turn off the sex text? It blocks the view.

Captainstarfish

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Looks like it can shape up to be a good game, but what is it with this dev and his jizz effects?

OP
M

MUSTYredneck01

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Looks like it can shape up to be a good game, but what is it with this dev and his jizz effects?
You can turn them off in the options menu, the two ON/OFF options are for camera zoom during H scenes and the jizz effect.
But yea would it kill the dev to actually bother with a decent looking animation?

Inspector_Whatsup

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
As a proof-of-concept demo, this really shows a lot of promise, but goddamn, is it all rough so far - especially the combat. Still, Tobihime, in spite of its sometimes ridiculously bad performance, managed to entertain me for literal hundreds of hours, so I'm looking forward to how this one shapes up.

Ghotty

Demon Girl
Reputation score
As a proof-of-concept demo, this really shows a lot of promise, but goddamn, is it all rough so far - especially the combat. Still, Tobihime, in spite of its sometimes ridiculously bad performance, managed to entertain me for literal hundreds of hours, so I'm looking forward to how this one shapes up.
HUNDREDS?!?!?!

Deleted member 194301

Tentacle God
Reputation score
The demo ends after the second boss, yeah. There's a message after the scene when you enter the waterfall that says the demo ends there.

At the risk of sounding like a downer, I'm not enjoying this nearly as much as Tobihime. The mechanics, while clearly not as bad as some action-based H games, are still clunky, and the amount of effort you have to put in to see the next H animation is much higher than Tobihime (unless you enjoy walking around a lot and fighting the same enemy over and over). Here's my list of nitpicks so far:

• There's no invulnerability frames when you're hit, so you don't want to fight two or more enemies at once.
  • Once an enemy starts their attack, there's no stopping it, even if you immediately hit them a millisecond after they begin; the slicing animation still occurs and hits you.
  • I found it very easy to slide past/through enemies while attacking, which means you end up on top of them and can't touch them (though they can often still hit you), leaving you in an awkward position where you have to try to distance yourself the right amount to get back to that sweet spot that actually lets you hit them.
  • Frankly, the heroine's attack range is shit, especially in comparison to the enemies, further compounding the previous issue.
  • I foresee some people having trouble with the portion in the demo where you have to jump over multiple pits of death, mainly because you have next to no control over your movement once you commit to a jump. I'm having Castlevania/Ninja Gaiden flashbacks here.
  • There were times where the heroine would for some reason attack much more slowly than normal, or would literally sit there for seconds at a time while I was mashing the attack button. As far as I could tell, there was nothing on the screen or status bar that would indicate why it happened, but it made it to where I was getting the crap beat out of me for no good reason (mainly because, as I said before, once an enemy begins an attack, hitting them doesn't stop it, and the for-some-reason delayed attacks of mine were allowing them to keep doing it in between my hits).
I realize it's an early demo, but Tobihime's first demo blew me away. This seems like another forgettable action-platformer in comparison, but we'll see where it goes.

Last edited:

kiko

aka the Asian rapper Kikkoman Flowsauce
Reputation score
Not gonna lie, I really like this one. Yes the demo runs a bit bad, but so far it looks pretty good. The combat is repetitive, but bearable, and doesn't feel sluggish. The pixel art mixed with the 3D background really actually reminds me of the old PS1 game Saiyuki: Journey West. Very nice so far

netherus666

Reputation score
not really sure how the shota fits in, does he state it will have it? or is a pic on his blog bout it? this is a different genre from the last one so ill hold out on any negative predictions until a dlsite demo is released, i do see potential though so lets hope for the best.

kiko

aka the Asian rapper Kikkoman Flowsauce
Reputation score
not really sure how the shota fits in, does he state it will have it? or is a pic on his blog bout it? this is a different genre from the last one so ill hold out on any negative predictions until a dlsite demo is released, i do see potential though so lets hope for the best.
A shota monkey boy fucks the protagonist like twice

???

Cthulhu
Reputation score
I'm on board with this. The demo is a little repetitive, but the combat feels satisfying to me. At least there is a seduce option, although I would prefer something like that be in the game from the get go, rather than having to find it, even better if it's in the form of combat rape. I actually much prefer this game play style to that of Tobihime.

Edit:
Hmm...you can't get out of sex until one of you runs out of health...Well that fucking sucks.

Last edited:

Someone92

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Does this game have a save option?
Also, how does the game advance after beating the first boss? Im stuck in the yard at the left side and the gate in the middle. Bug?
How do I acquire the Seduce skill?

HichigoCz

Reputation score
Does this game have a save option?
Also, how does the game advance after beating the first boss? Im stuck in the yard at the left side and the gate in the middle. Bug?
How do I acquire the Seduce skill?
When you're in the yard after the boss just press enter. You learn the seduce skill after the second boss.

OP
M

MUSTYredneck01

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
I've also discovered that you add a new attack to your base combo ever 10 levels. At level 10 you get a third punch, level 20 you get a powerful kick after the three punches, and level 30 gets you a second kick after the first.

neutral

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
is the horse in the demo? I made to where I think the demo ends. I got the seduce power, back at the moneys home under the waterfall. Entering the waterfall triggers a cutscene, but no way to advance further. By the way, how do I equip my clothes? Shes dressed in cutscenes but I've never been able to get that gear on in game.

Inspector_Whatsup

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
is the horse in the demo? I made to where I think the demo ends. I got the seduce power, back at the moneys home under the waterfall. Entering the waterfall triggers a cutscene, but no way to advance further. By the way, how do I equip my clothes? Shes dressed in cutscenes but I've never been able to get that gear on in game.
Once you get clothes, you'll have a third bar in the UI at the top left. You can refill that third bar by resting at specific NPC's. That bar represents your clothing durability, and as long as it's at 0, you have no outfit. I don't know if this also has any effect on stats and stuff...

D-D

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score
Is there a way to hide the game over screen? Also I think I somehow skipped clothes. At some point she has clothes in the cutscenes but she's naked during gameplay.

Inspector_Whatsup

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Is there a way to hide the game over screen? Also I think I somehow skipped clothes. At some point she has clothes in the cutscenes but she's naked during gameplay.
If I remember correctly, you should get them after the first boss and the sailing cutscene. Go into the house where the woman is hiding behind a shelf and destroy it. After talking to her, she should end up naked, and by equipping the item you just got, you should now have clothes. All that's left is a resting spot - the next one at this point is in the temple by talking to the girl in blue near the save point.

Kamiko

Lurker
Reputation score
Demo Ver.0.30 was released today, adding the boss fight that was teased at the end of the last demo.

I've also released a translation for Demo Ver.0.30 Here.

It's not much so far, but I plan to keep working on it as we get new versions. Feel free to let me know over in that thread if there's anything confusing in the translation, or a section of the game you'd really like a translation for.