What's new

ACT Patreon Unknown/Hiatus [dystopianproject] Overgrown Genesis

Slam Sector

Sex Demon
Reputation score
Re: Sex Zombie

I did a quick slamthrough of the content. Most of the barriers that can be walked through are either vertical railings on stairways or spaces of desk that have paper on them, the second being a really common mistake in RPGmaker games. There's also a building in the second area where you appear on top of the exit space and can walk backwards into the empty black space.

Also, successfully resisting causes the music to cut out, and it only returns when you enter a map that has a "change music to X" flag on it.

prdude

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Possible bug. The mission log's primary and only mission is "look around your house" or smth similar. There is nothing in the house, except bed to sleep in...

OP
Architect

Architect

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

Thank you for all the bugspotting, fixes en route!

dartred

Tentacle God
Reputation score

so do hounds have sex scenes / text with no image or is there no reason to purposely lose to hounds right now? i gotta test some other games so i'd check myself, but hot damn, i been waiting for some doggy action.

make doggies and zombies be able to impregnate! yeah, long shot, but hey, maybe for a bad end.

Keyen

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

Text without img.

OP
Architect

Architect

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

so do hounds have sex scenes / text with no image or is there no reason to purposely lose to hounds right now? i gotta test some other games so i'd check myself, but hot damn, i been waiting for some doggy action.

make doggies and zombies be able to impregnate! yeah, long shot, but hey, maybe for a bad end.
Text-only! However, for July's update, the Hound's attack CG will definitely be added in. ;)

dartred

Tentacle God
Reputation score

so finally had time to play it. got to the sewers, but now i'm stuck. i have to get past 2 groups of 4 zombies, with no bullets and morale left. any one have a save just after the sewers or at the dog encounter?

edit: finally got to the park. damn, will there be game over specific scenes for the ending? i need to see a "juno used for breeding of hounds" CG!

Last edited:

swpkmn

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I just started the game recently. I got a gun and rounds but for some reason the gun won't fire until after a zombie has grappled me, no matter how many times I load it (R) or try to fire it (A).

OP
Architect

Architect

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

I just started the game recently. I got a gun and rounds but for some reason the gun won't fire until after a zombie has grappled me, no matter how many times I load it (R) or try to fire it (A).
That's strange. Which version do you have? Anything peculiar you did?

OP
Architect

Architect

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

0.06.3 public release! Link:

Full changelog can be found on my Patreon!

Emerald_Gladiator

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

0.06.3 public release! Link:

Full changelog can be found on my Patreon!
Thanks Architect. Just finished playing through the newest version.
Notes/review here:
Good:
--As I've said before, you've got one heck of a knack for dialogue and storytelling and map design. The dark, grim ambiance that surrounds the remnants of Brookside is extremely realistic; exactly what you should be expecting in a zombie apocalypse. I wish this sort of atmosphere would be present in other zombie games (I've been clamoring for AZL to be more like this game in this regard). Haha, when I actually refuse to loot or feel guilty for looting the hospital and warehouse, I know it's one heck of a game.
--Again, the plot is strong; I like that you're using characters and not letting them settle. Loved being reunited with old characters and seeing them as quest-givers in their assigned roles. In other games, a character like Billy would never have been heard from again. At least you're including him in the backdrop of the plot. I'd encourage you to do this further; as stupid as it sounds, I sorta wonder what happened to the subplots of unnamed NPCs in the original Brookside and whether they survived.
--CGs are excellent, as always. Love the attack scenes...sorta wish there was a GOR scene for each enemy, but I know that's asking a lot. IMHO the GOR text is fine but the way it's presented sorta dulls the experience.
--lol, please don't kill Rebecca. :) That thing with Donny and Sarah was sad enough, along with the suicide worker. Considering the flow of the game, I'm expecting either to find her dead or to see her sacrifice herself somehow. :(
Could Improve:
--Eh, the crawlers were definitely not a problem for me. They're so slow. Unlike the zombies, who have the advantage of being situated in crowded areas en masse where they could force me to use bullets in chokes, the crawlers are situated in a rather open area (the sewers) with only 4 of them to face at a time. I kited them easily. I think their speed is appropriate, but either having more of them or allowing them to have projectiles (perhaps one that is harmless but might slow Juno down?) could make them a bit more combat effective. Wouldn't mind seeing a backstory on why there are crawlers as well.
--I expected more from the Water Treatment Plant. So much area that I anticipated a big fight after turning on the power. Instead, I get 4 dogs that I easily outran to the exit (since you slowed them). Perhaps include zombies in the plant even before the power is turned on. On that note, the second switch (the one that requires 5x electronic parts) wasn't especially clear as a point of interest. Perhaps using the flashing lights over the switches might help?
--Combat is easily avoidable. It's not that I think you should necessitate combat, but I mean, I don't think I've fired a bullet in a while; I've stockpiled quite a few despite them being so scarce. In previous areas/demos, combat was important due to the amount of zombies and geographic chokes. It's a little TOO easy now.
--There's not really much to do in the first area of Brookside (out of the sanctuary). I wish I could've looted or explored the insides of the original city somehow (even Juno's old home was fairly uninteresting).
--I haven't been using any items at all. I'm not getting hurt, so I don't need any healing or food or morale boosters. I'm not shooting/hitting any enemies because I don't need to. Is this what you're intending at this point in the game or am I just REALLY good? :p

The demo was friggin short (took me about 20 minutes to find everything, explore everything, and talk to everyone, so I hope I'm not missing anything), but kept me wanting more. Great work; please don't drop this.

Last edited:

Slam Sector

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Thanks Architect. Just finished playing through the newest version.
Notes/review here:
Good:
--As I've said before, you've got one heck of a knack for dialogue and storytelling and map design. The dark, grim ambiance that surrounds the remnants of Brookside is extremely realistic; exactly what you should be expecting in a zombie apocalypse. I wish this sort of atmosphere would be present in other zombie games (I've been clamoring for AZL to be more like this game in this regard). Haha, when I actually refuse to loot or feel guilty for looting the hospital and warehouse, I know it's one heck of a game.
--Again, the plot is strong; I like that you're using characters and not letting them settle. Loved being reunited with old characters and seeing them as quest-givers in their assigned roles. In other games, a character like Billy would never have been heard from again. At least you're including him in the backdrop of the plot. I'd encourage you to do this further; as stupid as it sounds, I sorta wonder what happened to the subplots of unnamed NPCs in the original Brookside and whether they survived.
--CGs are excellent, as always. Happy that there's both an attack scene and a GOR scene for the enemies.
--lol, please don't kill Rebecca. :) That thing with Donny and Sarah was sad enough, along with the suicide worker. Considering the flow of the game, I'm expecting either to find her dead or to see her sacrifice herself somehow. :(
Could Improve:
--Eh, the crawlers were definitely not a problem for me. They're so slow. Unlike the zombies, who have the advantage of being situated in crowded areas en masse where they could force me to use bullets in chokes, the crawlers are situated in a rather open area (the sewers) with only 4 of them to face at a time. I kited them easily. I think their speed is appropriate, but either having more of them or allowing them to have projectiles (perhaps one that is harmless but might slow Juno down?) could make them a bit more combat effective. Wouldn't mind seeing a backstory on why there are crawlers as well.
--I expected more from the Water Treatment Plant. So much area that I anticipated a big fight after turning on the power. Instead, I get 4 dogs that I easily outran to the exit (since you slowed them). Perhaps include zombies in the plant even before the power is turned on. On that note, the second switch (the one that requires 5x electronic parts) wasn't especially clear as a point of interest. Perhaps using the flashing lights over the switches might help?
--Combat is easily avoidable. It's not that I think you should necessitate combat, but I mean, I don't think I've fired a bullet in a while; I've stockpiled quite a few despite them being so scarce. In previous areas/demos, combat was important due to the amount of zombies and geographic chokes. It's a little TOO easy now.
--There's not really much to do in the first area of Brookside (out of the sanctuary). I wish I could've looted or explored the insides of the original city somehow (even Juno's old home was fairly uninteresting).
--I haven't been using any items at all. I'm not getting hurt, so I don't need any healing or food or morale boosters. I'm not shooting/hitting any enemies because I don't need to. Is this what you're intending at this point in the game or am I just REALLY good? :p

The demo was friggin short (took me about 20 minutes to find everything, explore everything, and talk to everyone, so I hope I'm not missing anything), but kept me wanting more. Great work; please don't drop this.
Well...
There's always the chance that Rebecca will be a mutant/zombie when we find her, possibly a "boss" enemy. This game seems about due for another decision-based bad end, after all!

Speaking of, is there any plans for unique or boss enemies in this game? The combat system doesn't seem robust enough to really justify boss battles, nor does that seem to fit the tone. The closest I can think of would be a gimmick "run from the invincible monster" sequence.

Also, the dog speed is much more manageable now. The pathfinding makes too-fast enemies fly around like bees on crack.

OP
Architect

Architect

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

@Emerald_Gladiator
Thanks for the in-depth review! The truth is, it shouldn't be doable in 20 minutes - I was expecting, at this point, at least 30 to 40 mins of gameplay. There were, however, repeated changes made to the game as per polling, such as the hounds being slowed, areas being widened, and fallen furniture being made accessible. These would have made it easier - but even then I've had players say it's too hard... So... You know. Hard to find the balance. Nevertheless, we are working on the Runners next, and these should pose a challenge.

@Slam_Sector
As much as I'd like to raise the intelligent behavior of the AI, we are really pushing the RPG Maker engine right now. Programmer told me any further additions is going to actually start slowing the engine down. As such, unique/boss monsters are sadly probably not going to be a thing. I am thinking of an interesting way to get around it though, but... I'll have to see if the engine is robust enough to take it.

prdude

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Anybody else has strange bug with the new version..weapons do no damage! i tried shotgun and rifle and the shooting animation takes place but no effect on zombies.. darn odd.

OP
Architect

Architect

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

Anybody else has strange bug with the new version..weapons do no damage! i tried shotgun and rifle and the shooting animation takes place but no effect on zombies.. darn odd.
This is the first time I've heard of this. For one thing, the rifle isn't in the game yet. The shotgun works fine on my end - did you have ammo for it, and loaded it into the weapon?

Also are you trying a old save with a new version? That doesn't really carry over; the oldest version save you can use is 0.05

prdude

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I used a save from 0.05 version. Reload by (r) works fine, but when i shoot (a) it only animation takes place. and i checked out i was equipping a shotgun.

snip took right after i shot once.

OP
Architect

Architect

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

I used a save from 0.05 version. Reload by (r) works fine, but when i shoot (a) it only animation takes place. and i checked out i was equipping a shotgun.

snip took right after i shot once.

I see! And did the pistol work for you?

The shotgun only works at short range, so it won't hit unless you're close enough, maybe that's the issue?

Another thing I can think of - the shotgun is available in that map, but no ammo can be found for it until later. Do you actually have ammo for it? The HUD can be buggy with regards to ammo, displaying it when you don't actually have it. Check inventory to be sure.

jadex

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

Whew the zombie dog CG and scene is awesome. Keep up the great work!