What's new

Elizabeth (Quartz)

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score
HP = 63, PP = 41, EP = 44, Status = Fine

Elizabeth once again cursed her father and the snow falling around her makeshift shelter at once as she huddled against the cold stone wall of her shelter. This place might have once been part of a grand castle to watch over the pass between Badaria and Crolia, or perhaps a fort built to defend Crolia against the Lich Kings forces. regardless, now it was a single tower, about thirty feet tall and built of stone. There were holes in the roof, which let some of the snow fall in, but the door had been in good enough shape that she hadn't had to worry about wolves attacking her, which she'd learned was a problem here very quickly.

In her brief stay here she'd found almost nothing of use or value, all old corpses with worthless rusted equipment, and snowy forests filled with wolves and bears. She hadn't exactly packed for this either, her clothing doing far too little to keep the cold out, and getting progressively dirtier and more torn as she eked out an existence in the cold, barren lands. It had only been a week, and already she was starting to run out of food, and the lack of warmth and... Partners.... Had started taking its toll on her.

It was early in the night, but having nothing better to do, Elizabeth was about to drift off to sleep beneath her sparse blankets when she heard a loud boom form far away. The loud sound jolting her awake, she rose, only to hear more and more of them. They were coming form the North, Crolia, and possibly a little to the East. From the times she'd been taught form maps when her father had been schooling her about things other than fencing, Elizabeth believed that Therion, the largest city in Crolia, lay a few days journey in that direction. She had no idea what was cauisng the sounds, and the towers stairs would take her to the top floor, which might provide a view. Alternatively, she might simply step outside quickly, and look from there. Or, perhaps she would just go back to sleep, and forget the booming noises had ever occurred.

Quartz

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score
Re: Elizabeth (Quartz)

The past few days had been rough on Elizabeth, to say the least. The rough mountainous pass had little in the way of food and she had yet to see another person, leaving her hungry in two ways. In fact, it said quite a bit that the best luck she had so far was finding a ruined tower filled with the miasma of its prior occupants. Had the forests not been crawling with wolves making it dangerous to travel, she probably would've abandoned this forsaken place for the nearest big city already. At least then, she'd have enough people around to satisfy one of her needs.

Still half asleep when the first echoing boom rolled over the forest, she grouchily tugged the blankets back over her head, cursing her luck. A thunderstorm too?! Why can't anything go my way..? Wait, a thunderstorm in the winter? Her thought was interrupted as more of the rumbling noises passed over her. Whatever it is, it sounds like it's pretty distant. She was tempted to try and ignore it, but falling asleep was already hard enough when dealing with just the cold.

Her curiosity getting the better of her, she folded her blanket and rose to her feet. After quickly checking to make sure the door was still securely shut, she looked up towards the stairs hesitantly. She hadn't actually been on the stairs or the roof yet, since she had no reason to go up there and the roof already seemed to be crumbling without her aid. Still, that seemed like a better option than blindly running around outside at night with all the wolves in the hope of getting a view of whatever it was. Too stubborn to turn away now, she started carefully ascending the staircase, half expecting the entire tower to collapse with each step. As she neared the top, she slowed to a meticulous creep, going just far enough to the top of the stairs to get a view. She dared not go onto the actual roof, so this would have to suffice.

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

The stone steps held under her weight, and Elizabeth had only one spot of trouble as she climbed the steps, when she slipped on a patch of ice. Having very nearly fallen into the center of the tower, which would have been a forty foot drop onto solid stone, Elizabeths heart was hammering for the rest of the way up. Upon reaching the top of the steps, she climbs up the old wooden ladder and through the opening onto the roof, the trap door having collapsed an unknown amount of time ago. Looking to the North, she could see what looked like flashes of lightning amidst the clouds. The snow was thicker up here than she'd expected, and she had to hug herself for warmth as she observed the odd phenomenon.

(Perception: Success.)

Through the snow that was still lightly falling, and the clouds that still covered the sky, Elizabeth thought she could see a massive shape off in the distance, far away from her. It wasn't one of the mountains around the Pass of Ghosts, as she had a fairly good idea of where those were, and Elizabeth stood there in the cold, snowy wind atop the tower, wondering what it could possibly be. A moment later, she noticed that she wasn't cold any more, just as a womans voice quietly sounded out from directly next to her, saying ; "It is for ill, child. That much I can promise you."

Quartz

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

Hearing the voice next to her, Elizabeth's hands reflexively darted to her sword, but she stopped herself right as she started to draw it. Instead just leaving one hand resting on her sword, she stood up straight and continued to gaze out at the shape at in the distance.

"Unexpected news usually is for ill, I've found. Still, it seems like you know something I don't. In fact, you know multiple things I don't, if the person you came to talk to is me." She replied as she stared off into the distance. Calmly turning to face the direction the voice had come from, she continued. "So, care to tell me why there is a misplaced mountain on the horizon?"

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

The voice remains silent for a moment, until Elizabeth turns toward her. Only then did the woman begin to speak, though Elizabeth was so completely enraptured by her appearance that she only vaguely noted the words; "I would expect to know a great deal more than you. Though, you are wrong in that I sought you out. I didn't. You are merely the closest person to the place where I was when they.... Arrived. The mountain you see is not of stone, but of unearthly flesh. It is far from here, but even though that one is the smallest of them, it is still a titan. It hovers over some mortal settlement or another, suffice to say that it is too small for the inhabitants to give even token resistance." As she spoke, her voice sounding like the most beautiful of music to Elizabeths ears, the girl could only half pay attention to the stunning woman.

She easily six feet tall, dwarfing Elizabeth, and had a figure that looked more like the sculpture of a goddess than like a living creature. Her body was nude, allowing Elizabeth an uninhibited view of her form, which was curvaceous without being outrageous. Her skin was whiter than the snow that still fell lightly around them, and didn't have a single blemish anywhere that Elizabeth could see. She was facing away from Elizabeth, allowing her to see the woman from the side, and partially obscuring her face due to her long flowing raven hair, which lightly curled at the tips, which hung just above her breasts. Her stance and bearing gave her the impression that this was a woman of great authority, and the aura of power radiating from her was so great that Elizabeth felt as though she wanted to bow down and worship this gorgeous woman. Her most unusual feature, however, had to be the large, white-feathered angelic wings that hung on her back. They were folded now, but looked as though they could easily carry the woman if she tried to fly with them. Her intense beauty and alluring voice reminded Elizabeth of her long unfulfilled hunger, which was only intensified by the womans presence.

Seemingly unaware or uncaring of Elizabeths stare, she continued to speak; "These creatures have come to consume all. Against such, there can be nothing but unity, lest we all fall." Then, she turned toward Elizabeth, her full breasts now on full display as she placed her hand on her hip. "You will serve me, for a time;" She continued, sounding as though this were fact; "You must go to that place. There will be dangers, but you must face them all. In the temple of that village, you will find a way to destroy the creature above. You must go to the catacombs beneath that temple, and find the object at its heart. When you find it, you will know what it is that you must do with it. Go now from this place, with my blessing." Then, as quickly as she'd appeared the woman disappeared. A single immaculately white feather fell to where she'd been standing, and for some reason Elizabeth felt as though it must be for her to take with her, though she had no idea what it might be for.