What's new

English H-RPG Recommendations!

monkeycid

Reputation score
Hello!

Just been playing Chronicles of Leridia and absolutely enjoyed it despite its early development phase. I am looking for some more H-RPG games to play instead but I am a little bit spoiled for choice.

I would really like to hear your suggestions, please.

Thanks!

Re: English H-RPG Recommendations!

open dlsite, sort by rating

Hmmm - off the top, Lily of the Valley, The Humbling Experience, Gates the Opening, check out all the awesome translations in the translation thread, Summertime Saga, A Town Uncovered, there are a ton more...(just the ones I've recently touched). If you don't mind text you can't go wrong with the Last Sovereign...

Soo Cubus is a good one to start with. It's free, has a lot of content, and needs no translation.

Well, the problem is basically "we have no idea about your tastes, what you already played, and so on".

If I had to give recommandation to someone with no experience with H games, I would start with huge games with actual gameplay without being too much H oriented (Kamidori, for instance, but also, Yumina the Ethereal or Eiyuu Senki).
Then, it would be Monster Girls Quest, the Rance serie and Bunny black 1 & 2.

Before that, i'm not sure there is any point in playing RPG maker Hgames, because these game are way above.

fullfrap/fap (hehehe) games are pretty good

If you're looking for a gameplay - Aridne and Magica are among the best I've played.
From western developers the only two titles that come to my mind are - Noxian Nights and Rinet Quest (this one is still in development). Pretty much everything else is just a visual story type of games (even those made in RPG Maker).

Matching the criteria of:
A. Native English or full translation available.
B. Complete.
C. That I personally enjoyed and would recommend to others.

Noxian Nights, Virgin Island, Ariadne, Magica, Hunter's Quest.

If you remove the requirement for "complete," go ahead and add The Last Sovereign, Violated Heroine, Fountain of Mana, Clare's Quest, and Lust Doll to the list.

There are also quite a few short/gimmicky one-off games like Grayfloor (also called Glayfloor or something due to a mistranslation, I think) that have translations as well.

My suggestion is don't touch any of the unfinished generic RPG maker games with 3d renders and broken English, those creators are a dime a dozen and it's not worth your time. IE, sarah's life, lilly of the valley, uh... and basically everything that's being spammed on this site for paetron cash grabs.

My suggestion is don't touch any of the unfinished generic RPG maker games with 3d renders and broken English, those creators are a dime a dozen and it's not worth your time. IE, sarah's life, lilly of the valley, uh... and basically everything that's being spammed on this site for paetron cash grabs.

100% this. 3D renders projects are very likely to be very bad. Not all of them, but easily 98%. Projects with drawn art is much more likely to be serious (not all of them, again).

But anyway, if you are starting with H games, you have a lot of choice among finished games before looking around for patreon games.

I think I'll just go ahead and bump this thread instead of making a new one. Below is a sample of my own taste in H-RPGs:

What I liked:
  • Liz, the female protagonist. Her arrogance may be a detracting aspect, but I found her honesty refreshing. She knows how to handle herself in a cesspool like Bramach, and she's very devoted to her master (judging from what you can make her do to farm contribution points for the required permits).
  • Aisha, Liz's mentor. An airhead, yet also knowledgeable and well-meaning. She's a nice girl.
  • Alchemy. Between having Liz work multiple jobs to buy overpriced items requested by various NPCs and having her scale the Tower to harvest any/all materials needed for crafting the items, the latter option was definitely more appealing.
  • Prologue Skip. This lets you jump right into the meat of the game and provides a summary to boot. Fairly useful.
  • Rapport. Wyatt's short speech about how Liz busted her ass to help everyone in town is particularly satisfying if you did, in fact, choose to have Liz craft everything herself. Also, most of the NPCs are sincerely grateful when you finish giving them what they want. At the very least, they'll gain a positive impression of her.
  • Music. The main battle theme (which practically screams 'medieval fantasy') and the theme for those forest-styled floors within the Tower.

What I disliked:
  • Exhibitionism/Corruption. I suppose it's my own fault for expecting any warm and fuzzy H-scenes from a game whose defining genres include: Outdoor Exposure, Ashamed, Rape, and Gangbang...
  • HP Sap. As stated above, I didn't mind exploring the Tower, but the miasma was just insufferable.
  • The Grimoire of Lust. Specifically, the reveal of who possessed it. That scene wasn't very entertaining to watch.
  • Impurity Resets. I know that it's intended to make the 'good' ending more accessible, but a mechanic which can outright erase negative consequences honestly feels cheap.

What I liked:
  • Drake, the male protagonist. He's got a sound head on his shoulders and is no stranger to dealing with the unscrupulous. Also, the guy can really show when he cares about a heroine (I'm looking at you, Moa). If the game hadn't written him off as a serial rapist, he could have easily become a likable character. Well, for me anyway.
  • Eileen, the leader of the Mage Guild. An intelligent, capable (given her position), and romantic young lady. Her H-scene was especially nice.
  • Random Encounters. There's an item that Drake can equip in order to avoid these. I actually beat the game without ever taking it off him.
  • Music. The boss battle theme sounds fittingly climatic.
  • Custom Enemy Sprites. It shows effort on the creator's part, if nothing else.
  • Simplicity. This game is basically an RPGmaker version of Sengoku Rance. It's easy enough to navigate for casual players like myself.
  • A lone reviewer on DLsite tagged it with: Fantasy & Lovers

What I disliked:
  • Rape. Just why did Drake's own sexuality have to become a plot point?
  • It is but the 1st in a 3-part series. While I would have preferred one complete package, I'm sure the creator had their reasons.

3. Fetish(es)

I Like: Consensual, Romantic, 1-on-1 Vanilla H-Scenes. Harems are fine too.
I Dislike: Rape, NTR, Cheating, and nearly everything else which is explicitly understood to be non-vanilla. No 3D either.

4. Does anyone have an English translated recommendation or two for me? I'm mainly looking for RPG VX/VX Ace games. :eek:

Last edited:
Back